Kain!
That is all.
Search found 31 matches
- Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:55 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: And with that...
- Replies: 27
- Views: 18961
Re: And with that...
Literate Intellectual? Hah. This is the Fox News/MSNBC Nation! We don't need all (most) of the facts to make opinions! Come on, MoP, you should know that!
People like Gerien are anti-American for researching and understanding prior to making an informed opinion!
People like Gerien are anti-American for researching and understanding prior to making an informed opinion!
- Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: And So......
- Replies: 18
- Views: 9703
Re: And So......
Considering Owly produces almost 14% of all posts on here and Atla recently was poofed, this board is going to get really quiet for a while.
- Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:11 am
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Diet suggestion
- Replies: 26
- Views: 16194
Re: Diet suggestion
I'm quite surprised as well. When I joined, the limit was 224lbs for 6'3" (my height as well). I was 220lbs when I left for basic. I was 208lbs midway through basic. I was 215lbs by the end of basic (and was in damn good shape). I'm now 240lbs (basically the 215lbs of fit with 25lbs of flab on top)....
- Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Diet suggestion
- Replies: 26
- Views: 16194
Re: Diet suggestion
I say to research what high school wrestlers do for weight management. They are very good at getting in by the skin of their teeth. Plus, once you are in, you can weigh whatever you want and they won't separate you as long as you can pass the PT tests. I'm 240lbs and am going up for TSgt here soon. ...
- Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:22 pm
- Forum: Technical Corner
- Topic: Hosting recommendations?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13077
Re: Hosting recommendations?
Owly, owly, it's simple psychology.
If we ask him enough questions, while he's lurking on here, he'll feel compelled to answer. So, what we all need to do is start threads asking Gerien questions until he can't help but answer!
If we ask him enough questions, while he's lurking on here, he'll feel compelled to answer. So, what we all need to do is start threads asking Gerien questions until he can't help but answer!
- Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: choroba alkoholowa
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10664
Re: choroba alkoholowa
Grunt, he was asking you to help retrieve money from a former deposed Grunterian prince's account. 
- Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:52 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: A tool and guide for Sky-Watchers
- Replies: 23
- Views: 10911
Re: A tool and guide for Sky-Watchers
Okay, Owly, After emailing a few people, I've got the group for you: http://www.lvastronomy.com/ They have a strong outreach arm that's always looking for volunteers. Also, if you're just interested in going to a few planetarium shows, you can check out CSN's Planetarium: http://www.csn.edu/about/ca...
- Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:25 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: choroba alkoholowa
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10664
Re: choroba alkoholowa
What Grunt said......
- Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:21 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Happy Birthday Kaz!
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10329
Re: Happy Birthday Kaz!
Sometimes, that's the best way to spend a dayKaz wrote: didn't do a hell of a lot
- Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: A tool and guide for Sky-Watchers
- Replies: 23
- Views: 10911
Re: A tool and guide for Sky-Watchers
Owly, where do you live? There are planetariums all over the country that are looking for volunteers and they provide excellent opportunities to learn about the sky. If you need help finding an organization, let me know, and I'd be happy to try my contacts.
- Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:25 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Thoughts on Seattle & far moves
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8032
Re: Thoughts on Seattle & far moves
bah....wrong thread.
- Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:08 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Happy Birthday Kaz!
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10329
Re: Happy Birthday Kaz!
Enjoy your day! Take a load off and forget about this place for a few hours
.
- Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Possible Job - Need Opinions
- Replies: 52
- Views: 31044
Re: Possible Job - Need Opinions
The public office/executive position thing (for you and your close family) would be my largest concern for you. I don't think it's any of our place to say you should or shouldn't do something based on our own moral standards if the standard for your area allows it. I guess one of my questions would ...
- Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:53 am
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Thoughts on Seattle & far moves
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8032
Re: Thoughts on Seattle & far moves
Thanks for all of the input so far everyone. It's good to hear first hand accounts of good and bad things in moving that far. Jez, that's for the tip. We were planning on doing it ourselves.....I am NOT looking forward to all of that driving, but the month prior to the move, I'll be in Delaware doin...
- Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:29 am
- Forum: Technical Corner
- Topic: High def TV VGA vs HDMI
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7331
Re: High def TV VGA vs HDMI
Okay, to add a few cents here: First off, do not use the monitor in 1080i mode. You want to use it at the TV's native resolution which will probably be 1366x768 or somewhere near there. Interlacing (the i in 1080i) is horrible for viewing text. It gives the illusion of being higher resolution than i...
- Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 am
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Thoughts on Seattle & far moves
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8032
Re: Thoughts on Seattle & far moves
The job itself isn't all about pay; it's about doing something that I really like and want to continue doing. I've been assistant directing a planetarium for about 2.5yrs and have been working in it for about 4.5yrs. I absolutely love it, but the planetarium is unable to keep me on payroll due to st...
- Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 am
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: Thoughts on Seattle & far moves
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8032
Thoughts on Seattle & far moves
Hello all, I have the opportunity to take a job across the bay from Seattle in Bremerton, Wa as a planetarium director, consultant, seller, developer, jack of all trades ;-). The job, as long as we can decide on a good price, is something that I'd love to do. It's with a small company that has been ...
- Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:58 pm
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: A tool and guide for Sky-Watchers
- Replies: 23
- Views: 10911
Re: A tool and guide for Sky-Watchers
coolies edit/i mean by coolies that someone of Arthurs status has read my scribble Status my ass. I presented on public outreach and introductory astronomy techniques and equipment (I did a happy dance when I was proposed a job out West and had a couple grad schools trying to recruit me). Most of t...
- Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 am
- Forum: Comments
- Topic: What's your favorite movies
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15713
Re: What's your favorite movies
Top pick: Muppet Treasure Island. I've watched that movie probably a hundred times (not always "watching" it). It the only movie I keep on my phone. I call it my happy movie. Requiem for a Dream has to sit near the top spot. It's not a movie I watch remotely often, but it's truly amazing. Also, pret...