Game Questions and Suggestions
Moderators: Staff, Game Staff
- Mickal Redwater
- Explorer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
- Location: Middle of the Desert
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
Another "suggestion" for Bloodbath. There is no reason we shouldn't be allowed to delete (we can't it says so). It would be nice to be able to delete just so we can change races.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
FEL forever
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
what do you mean by 'we cant it says so'??
you should be able to delete in bloodbath
you should be able to delete in bloodbath
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Mickal Redwater
- Explorer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
- Location: Middle of the Desert
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
My kingdom is dead, i click the forget the past (delete) button and get this:
Cannot Load View: side__form
Error Detected!
You cannot delete from this game
Cannot Load View: join__story
Cannot Load View: side__form
Error Detected!
You cannot delete from this game
Cannot Load View: join__story
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
FEL forever
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
Try again
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
What if when you restarted a kingdom when it had 0 turns left it stayed in the game rather than actually being reset.
Of course, it would have to be where you couldn't attack kingdoms you abandon regardless of faith.
The bounty for killing one of these kingdoms could be somewhere between an NPC bounty and a player bounty.
The stats earned from that kingdom would be included in your kingdoms stats. You built it after all.
Might be difficult to code, I have no clue.
But I imagine the new option could simply do the normal restart while creating a new kingdom in the same faith with the exact same info.
---------
Maybe give a turn bonus for turns absorbed?
Maybe this would break the balance you are looking for though.
But it would serve as a reward for playing and not simply deleting, but restarting the same kingdom while adding more varied kingdoms to the NPC list.
So lets say I have built up and restarted 4 times. Those three kingdoms that I abandoned are still there for others to attack. The tougher they are to take out, the more turns absorbed. The more turns absorbed you get a turn bonus.
Without putting to much thought into the actual amount of turns etc.
every 500 turns absorbed will earn you 100 turns on your current kingdom.
If you delete and create a new kingdom obviously you don't get the turn bonus. It only applies to restarted kingdoms.
Of course, it would have to be where you couldn't attack kingdoms you abandon regardless of faith.
The bounty for killing one of these kingdoms could be somewhere between an NPC bounty and a player bounty.
The stats earned from that kingdom would be included in your kingdoms stats. You built it after all.
Might be difficult to code, I have no clue.
But I imagine the new option could simply do the normal restart while creating a new kingdom in the same faith with the exact same info.
---------
Maybe give a turn bonus for turns absorbed?
Maybe this would break the balance you are looking for though.
But it would serve as a reward for playing and not simply deleting, but restarting the same kingdom while adding more varied kingdoms to the NPC list.
So lets say I have built up and restarted 4 times. Those three kingdoms that I abandoned are still there for others to attack. The tougher they are to take out, the more turns absorbed. The more turns absorbed you get a turn bonus.
Without putting to much thought into the actual amount of turns etc.
every 500 turns absorbed will earn you 100 turns on your current kingdom.
If you delete and create a new kingdom obviously you don't get the turn bonus. It only applies to restarted kingdoms.
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
Would it be possible for NPCs to earn turns?
No clue if this is feasible or not.
But basically give them a really slow turn rate. Maybe start them out low like 200, and over the course of a week they can gain another 1k turns to max out at 1200. That turn rate might need to be more and you would likely need more NPCs.
No clue if this is feasible or not.
But basically give them a really slow turn rate. Maybe start them out low like 200, and over the course of a week they can gain another 1k turns to max out at 1200. That turn rate might need to be more and you would likely need more NPCs.
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
If the scripts were recoded it'd be 'possible' but I fail to see the point in the change. If anything NPC turns need to be drastically reduced not increased. When you can get 70 kills in 3 days with only 4 deaths somethings severley out of syncasoc wrote:Would it be possible for NPCs to earn turns?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
Well, the idea is that when an NPC respawns it starts out with less turns and gets more turns the longer it is alive. But it would still have a cap to how many turns it could have. I was thinking the cap would be like 800-1200 turns. But a kingdom starts out with 200-600. Then maybe based on when the kingdom was created is the time it gets turns. So each day at that time it gets X amount of turns. Or twice a day it would get X amount of turns.
With at least two active players during a week, I am pretty sure nearly all NPCs would be killed at least once. Which means most NPCs wouldn't reach max turns. And each person is going to have to really place a value on how many turns it will take to kill a kingdom and what they gain from it. They will have to do more scouting to figure out which kingdoms in their range have the higher turn bounties at the time.
----------
Scum kills are taking 700ish turns now for my current kingdom. And once you are so big you won't even be able to do that effectively. That is the reason that one leto kingdom was/is still alive at the top right now. Not worth killing with such a low turn bounty.
War wasn't AS bad as I previously thought. But you are forced to grow unlike with sorc or scum. Plus it does use more turns because forts are a bitch and the NPCs have so damn many of em.
I killed a kingdom with war where I had killed close to all its troops but was still only just getting in for a CS for 1 acre and getting turned away for FS. Forts aren't killed in a 1 acre CS. After that I chose to start sorcing a shit ton of forts down.
i could see land bounties being drastically reduced because it seems to be sorc and scum use such fewer turns for kills.
----------
I have actually spent a lot of time playing over the past day or two. So perhaps a better judge would be kills per turns used which is 35,683 for me. But keep in mind that doesn't equal the amount of turns I used on each actual kill because of turns spent building.
500-900 might work a little better. But the higher net worth the kingdom the more turns it requires to kill, especially for war. There isn't much scaling for the bounty when turns is what really matters.
Going back to how many turns it takes for war. I would downsize all troops and get rid of a bunch of cash too and then declare on a kingdom just barely above me in net worth. Then I would fort max kobolds and start with a CS of 1. I would almost always just get in for that first CS of 1. And yet my net worth was so much higher. I would have to CS for 1 for awhile. The forts were still there. And I would constantly be casting my summons.
So 6 turns a hit just to start out.
Then as you are hitting, unless they have a crap ton of scum that you already didn't kill a bunch of so you could burn temples and then sorc their networth starts dropping and you end up spending more turns there as well, even as you downsize troops to attempt to keep up. This becomes more pronounced the higher net worth you are.
I never kept track of the actual turns used while killing with war to be honest. As I said earlier, it wasn't as bad as I thought because I made it work. But I had also saved up bounties and still killed the occasional kingdom with scum.
With my current kingdom, I don't plan on killing any more with war because it isn't worth it imo.
And any player kingdom is easily taken out. If you don't have enough temples you are screwed. They typically don't have as many forts as NPCs. So worst case scenario you guerrilla raid scum down and then scum kill. Or if you want the land, guerrilla raid scum down, burn temps, sorc forts down, hit. And that is worst case.
People kill me when they want to regardless of how many kills I have. The kills I have is just a symptom of me being very active. I did have 2 million acres but downsized most of them so I could actually try to build on my land so I could actually attempt to defend against attacks. But I am not there yet. Need a lot more temples before I can start to stockpile tons of open land. And with not enough higher ranking NPCs there is no one for me to hit at this point that is worth the turns needed.
With at least two active players during a week, I am pretty sure nearly all NPCs would be killed at least once. Which means most NPCs wouldn't reach max turns. And each person is going to have to really place a value on how many turns it will take to kill a kingdom and what they gain from it. They will have to do more scouting to figure out which kingdoms in their range have the higher turn bounties at the time.
----------
Scum kills are taking 700ish turns now for my current kingdom. And once you are so big you won't even be able to do that effectively. That is the reason that one leto kingdom was/is still alive at the top right now. Not worth killing with such a low turn bounty.
War wasn't AS bad as I previously thought. But you are forced to grow unlike with sorc or scum. Plus it does use more turns because forts are a bitch and the NPCs have so damn many of em.
I killed a kingdom with war where I had killed close to all its troops but was still only just getting in for a CS for 1 acre and getting turned away for FS. Forts aren't killed in a 1 acre CS. After that I chose to start sorcing a shit ton of forts down.
i could see land bounties being drastically reduced because it seems to be sorc and scum use such fewer turns for kills.
----------
I have actually spent a lot of time playing over the past day or two. So perhaps a better judge would be kills per turns used which is 35,683 for me. But keep in mind that doesn't equal the amount of turns I used on each actual kill because of turns spent building.
500-900 might work a little better. But the higher net worth the kingdom the more turns it requires to kill, especially for war. There isn't much scaling for the bounty when turns is what really matters.
Going back to how many turns it takes for war. I would downsize all troops and get rid of a bunch of cash too and then declare on a kingdom just barely above me in net worth. Then I would fort max kobolds and start with a CS of 1. I would almost always just get in for that first CS of 1. And yet my net worth was so much higher. I would have to CS for 1 for awhile. The forts were still there. And I would constantly be casting my summons.
So 6 turns a hit just to start out.
Then as you are hitting, unless they have a crap ton of scum that you already didn't kill a bunch of so you could burn temples and then sorc their networth starts dropping and you end up spending more turns there as well, even as you downsize troops to attempt to keep up. This becomes more pronounced the higher net worth you are.
I never kept track of the actual turns used while killing with war to be honest. As I said earlier, it wasn't as bad as I thought because I made it work. But I had also saved up bounties and still killed the occasional kingdom with scum.
With my current kingdom, I don't plan on killing any more with war because it isn't worth it imo.
And any player kingdom is easily taken out. If you don't have enough temples you are screwed. They typically don't have as many forts as NPCs. So worst case scenario you guerrilla raid scum down and then scum kill. Or if you want the land, guerrilla raid scum down, burn temps, sorc forts down, hit. And that is worst case.
People kill me when they want to regardless of how many kills I have. The kills I have is just a symptom of me being very active. I did have 2 million acres but downsized most of them so I could actually try to build on my land so I could actually attempt to defend against attacks. But I am not there yet. Need a lot more temples before I can start to stockpile tons of open land. And with not enough higher ranking NPCs there is no one for me to hit at this point that is worth the turns needed.
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
Maybe the land bounty could be tweaked. Force people to spend more turns building and they have less turns to keep killing provided they want to grow their kingdom. Having a bunch of open land only works so great when you have very few buildings on the land.
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
Just something to think about.
Perhaps if an NPC hasn't had any actions taken against it in 24 or 48 hours it restarts with a new random net worth?
Perhaps if an NPC hasn't had any actions taken against it in 24 or 48 hours it restarts with a new random net worth?
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
That's something I have been considering that'd be easy enough to impliment.asoc wrote:Just something to think about.
Perhaps if an NPC hasn't had any actions taken against it in 24 or 48 hours it restarts with a new random net worth?
In answer of an earlier question the avergae turns absorbed per death on NPC's ranges from 250 to 750, hence setting the turns to that number recently.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
I've added a new variable to the tables called npc_birth. In order to restart NPC's after they have been living for X period of time without attacks that needs to be populated.
Can't really start adding a change that uses that table until NPC's have been killed in all games, so they all have that field populated, as they all use the same NPC scripts. Otherwise the second I upload the script all living NPC's would be forced to reset. Chances are that'll mean the next all-games reset, but I'll check every now and again to see if it can be introduced quicker
Can't really start adding a change that uses that table until NPC's have been killed in all games, so they all have that field populated, as they all use the same NPC scripts. Otherwise the second I upload the script all living NPC's would be forced to reset. Chances are that'll mean the next all-games reset, but I'll check every now and again to see if it can be introduced quicker
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
What would be bad about just resetting all NPC kingdoms at this point?
I know in Conquest I haven't seen anyone else active and Stainless and I are stuck. I think Stainless used all his turns. I can't move because there are no kingdoms within range and Stainless is just too big for me atm.
Not sure how it would effect the other games though. But if at any point no NPCs are at war it could work?
I know in Conquest I haven't seen anyone else active and Stainless and I are stuck. I think Stainless used all his turns. I can't move because there are no kingdoms within range and Stainless is just too big for me atm.
Not sure how it would effect the other games though. But if at any point no NPCs are at war it could work?
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
I'm not going to reset all NPC's in all games just so you can avoid restarting a kingdom. Stainless has restarted his kingdom multiple times. Just go to options->restart if you cant move and want the chance to try building a better kingdom to attack stainless with. There are more than just you and stainless playing. I was last killed by neither of you.
Many of the NPC's in Domination and Bloodbath have been gradually broken, it would be unfair to the players in those other games who will have wasted turns on NPC's that are suddenly reforted. Just so you two can keep going beyond the end of your 'run' without acruing a death by restarting.
Many of the NPC's in Domination and Bloodbath have been gradually broken, it would be unfair to the players in those other games who will have wasted turns on NPC's that are suddenly reforted. Just so you two can keep going beyond the end of your 'run' without acruing a death by restarting.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
With regards to activity in Conquest, it has only been Stainless and I since probably before the weekend. Finally someone else just left NPP.
I am perfectly happy sitting here waiting for someone to take me out. I am playing bloodbath now too anyways.
What happens when Nether wants to play his kingdom again? I can be there as a target for him to help him reach stainless.
And I understand it wouldn't be fair to just delete NPCs people are working on atm. That is why I stated "But if at any point no NPCs are at war it could work?"
Currently in Bloodbath all the NPCs are not at war.
Same with Domination, no NPCS are currently at war.
I don't know if any actions have been taken against them, but no one has declared on them recently.
I am perfectly happy sitting here waiting for someone to take me out. I am playing bloodbath now too anyways.
What happens when Nether wants to play his kingdom again? I can be there as a target for him to help him reach stainless.
And I understand it wouldn't be fair to just delete NPCs people are working on atm. That is why I stated "But if at any point no NPCs are at war it could work?"
Currently in Bloodbath all the NPCs are not at war.
Same with Domination, no NPCS are currently at war.
I don't know if any actions have been taken against them, but no one has declared on them recently.
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
War is so over-rated.
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
moved from bug thread:
b) well from where I'm sitting, parts of that dont seem true. A "large" kingdom can't restart after 6 hours. to be large, you need land, to get land you need to declare. i get a message saying I cannot restart untill I "have been out of war for 48hrs"
when I said I might have used that 6hr restart function, I was thinking I could scum kill 4-5 NCP kingdoms, restart and have a few extra turns to play with. it would have helped early last age,,, no need this age as I keep running out of attacking options before I use all my turns anyway.
the only war I can see anyone being able to restart after 6 hours is if they didn't declare on anyone or didn't attack at all. making it impossible to even be a "large" kingdom.
a) I have always waited at least 2-3 days before restarting. I also like to give people the chance to avenge their kingdom. it's only after no movement I restart. when nearly everyone has had a restart, built, attacked, and ran out of turns and are still 1/4 my size,,, what else I'm I suppose to do. wait for them the restart again?I wasn't suggesting that you start playing specifically intending to restart after 6 hours. When I was playing last age I found it quite irritating when the large kingdom restarted instead of waiting to be killed.
The reason why Massacre allows you to 'suicide' after 6 hours is because the time limit used is the same one used for declaring peace or sending allied caravans.
It's set at 6 hours to enable you to undeclare quicker, if you've bitten off more than you can chew, against an NPC or kingdom that has no available turns to retaliate against you. Not so that you can restart over and over again. 'Restarting' is in place for people that have been battered and left alive and stranded, rather than people too impatient to wait to be attacked.
Can I also remind people in general that this is a bugs thread, not a general discussion or questions thread. Please only post in here if you are actually reporting a bug. There is nothing stopping you from opening your own thread to discuss other things.
b) well from where I'm sitting, parts of that dont seem true. A "large" kingdom can't restart after 6 hours. to be large, you need land, to get land you need to declare. i get a message saying I cannot restart untill I "have been out of war for 48hrs"
when I said I might have used that 6hr restart function, I was thinking I could scum kill 4-5 NCP kingdoms, restart and have a few extra turns to play with. it would have helped early last age,,, no need this age as I keep running out of attacking options before I use all my turns anyway.
the only war I can see anyone being able to restart after 6 hours is if they didn't declare on anyone or didn't attack at all. making it impossible to even be a "large" kingdom.
WARRIOR of LETO
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
I thought it was set to 6 hours because the caravan frequency was originally set to 6 hours and I was under the impression that everything was still tied to caravan frequency. By everything I mean suicide and peace.
Turns out that I'd added a new variable specifically to control the suicide time so it wasn't quite so low, and set that to 48 hours. Also looks like caravan frequency and (As a side effect) peace duration, was set to 12 hours instead of the 6 hours I rememebred from when originally setting the game config.
As I already seem to have split suicide from caravan frequency, I though I may as well separate peace too.
Conquest is now set to the following:
Caravans : 1 every 12 hours (humans can send 1 every 6 hours)
Peace : After 6 hours of no mobilization
Suicide : During NPP or At Peace, with 24 hours since mobilization
Mobilization means your kingdom attacking or being attacked, it includes any war, sorc and scum action that interacts with another kingdom.
For interest Bloodbath is set to :
Caravans : 1 every 12 hours (humans can send 1 every 6 hours)
Peace : After 24 hours of no mobilization
Suicide : During NPP or At Peace, with 48 hours since mobilization
Domination is set to :
Caravans : 1 every 12 hours (humans can send 1 every 6 hours)
Peace : After 48 hours of no mobilization
Suicide : During NPP or At Peace, with 48 hours since mobilization
Turns out that I'd added a new variable specifically to control the suicide time so it wasn't quite so low, and set that to 48 hours. Also looks like caravan frequency and (As a side effect) peace duration, was set to 12 hours instead of the 6 hours I rememebred from when originally setting the game config.
As I already seem to have split suicide from caravan frequency, I though I may as well separate peace too.
Conquest is now set to the following:
Caravans : 1 every 12 hours (humans can send 1 every 6 hours)
Peace : After 6 hours of no mobilization
Suicide : During NPP or At Peace, with 24 hours since mobilization
Mobilization means your kingdom attacking or being attacked, it includes any war, sorc and scum action that interacts with another kingdom.
For interest Bloodbath is set to :
Caravans : 1 every 12 hours (humans can send 1 every 6 hours)
Peace : After 24 hours of no mobilization
Suicide : During NPP or At Peace, with 48 hours since mobilization
Domination is set to :
Caravans : 1 every 12 hours (humans can send 1 every 6 hours)
Peace : After 48 hours of no mobilization
Suicide : During NPP or At Peace, with 48 hours since mobilization
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
CONQUEST - is there any chance you can add an additional space in the titheing box for another 9. im no programmer, and have no idea if it easy or not. its just so time consuming tithing 100,000,000,000. i spent over an hour yesterday continuously pressing the tithe button. I thought my finger was going to drop off once i was done.
WARRIOR of LETO
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: Game Questions and Suggestions
Stain, it's faster to "drop cash" by just hiring and re-firing a bunch of troops.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest