Art Gallery

~ Administrative Announcements and Updates

Moderators: Gili, Teanos, Kaz, Archangel

Art Gallery

Postby Kaz » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:22 pm

I've added a phpbb gallery mod.

You can find it by clicking the Gallery link between members and FAQ or by visiting this link

gallery/

I am in the process of adding all the art work that has been done by Chris Getliffe (navigational icons) and the art by Mark Beer (race & god images) as it comes in.

Anyone should be able to upload images into the races, heros and gods folders. If you would like to have your own 'album' dedicated you your own Monarchy artwork let me know.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Re: Art Gallery

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 am

Just to add a bit more, as the gallery is built into the boards, that means it allows for comments and ratings using your normal accounts.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Gili » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Are we allowed to start our own albums to store guild type art? Banners and such(i was surprised to see the POO banner link still worked - but might as well stored it locally ).
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Gili
Community Admin

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Albums need to be created by Administrators, although we can create personal albums if people want them, or named albums.

Normal members need to have their images 'accepted', but otherwise anyone is free to upload stuff. Just as long as it's game related and doesn't start becoming a burden on the file system.

I'm more than happy to create a guild banners gallery. I'm not sure we need a separate gallery for each guild though.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:55 pm

I've created a folder called 'Guild Resources' for guild banner / charter images to go in. I also had a quick search through the back-end of the old guilds archive for charters with images. I may well have missed a load, but most charters didn't seem to include images. Anyway, I grabbed what I could.

I left the POO charter image for you to add, just in case the version I found was out of date.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Gili » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks.

Incidentally this Gallery looks nicer than one i paid for my forums :)
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Gili
Community Admin

Postby Kaz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:07 am

I've noticed a lack of count on the redirections to the art forum. Maybe everyone is using the 'gallery' link at the top of the forum, but if not check it out.

Nobody has commented on any of the artwork yet either :(
Kaz
Administrator

Return to Site and Game News