Page 1 of 1
Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:27 am
by Teanos
Kaz, Gili and I are honored to present to you Massacre - Conquest. This is our first release on the site using a combination of the old school Monarchy name, Kaz's Massacre code, and we hope everyone will enjoy playing it. Right now you can create one kingdom, and it plays much like classic Massacre did before.
We have done a small overhaul of the account manager and actual game, changed a few things, added a few more. Nothing to drastic of course.
If you encounter any bugs, then please let us know. In fact we will make a global bugs thread here shortly for the first couple of days.
The login page will use your old username/passwords. I will be working on tweaking both the register script tonight so that lost password functions work, and you can create a new account if need be.
ENJOY!
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:32 am
by Kaz
I'll get the NPC kingdoms in place as soon as possible.
Check out the
Massacre Conquest forum, the
Game Info thread, and the
Race Stats
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:03 am
by Shredman
all this arguing with you guys and you use a name i picked .....lmao
nice
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:22 am
by Kaz
One thing I thought I'd remind people.
In Massacre you can only restart, not delete.
This is because the intial start turns are set to 7500.
You get this ONCE per kingdom, per age.
Subsequent restarts of your kingdom(s) have 4500 start turns.
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:49 am
by Teanos
Account registeration is now up and functional, fully tested. If you don't have an account, forgot your email - just register another one.
I'm working on the lost password part now.
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:03 pm
by Baldmandc
GAME REALLY SUCKS!!!! (MASSACRE)
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:55 pm
by Teanos
Thanks for the constructive criticism.
I mean, why even bother putting anything useful in there?
I hear WOW calling you.
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:06 pm
by Teanos
For the record - Massacre is probably going to be a little slow until Kaz puts the NPC realms in the game.
Half the game is sitting in NPP still, can't do much if there is nothing to attack unfortunately.
Of course there are some things people can do - tell their friends, former players, etc. See if you can generate more kingdoms to kill.
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:04 am
by Mickal Redwater
Thanks for getting the game up! still coming down from stress and partying after my exam, so i'll start playing soon! Never played massacre after it was set up to "steal" turns from someone you kill, so should be cool.
Request: When you DO implement the NPC kingdoms in place.. maybe reset?
Otherwise no reason to play now and waste my 7500 turns when there arent NPCs (cause as of now arent much options to hit). not that its a big deal

i'll just wait til they are in place otherwise and just wait a few more days.
Thanks again! i know we all wanted guilds up, but i think you should get it ready, and i'd rather have this to play as we wait then nothing

Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:16 am
by Kaz
Mickal Redwater wrote:Request: When you DO implement the NPC kingdoms in place.. maybe reset?
Not a bad idea, I'll bear it in mind.
We need NPC kingdoms to add first though.
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:47 am
by Baldmandc
I hear yah Teanos, I'm just venting.....I got killed like 20 minutes into the game....lol but its all good...
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:52 am
by DragonWarrior
I have started playing the game and can honestly say that you guys have done a great job! The building of the kingdom was a pleasure. I did not encounter any lag time as in the previous version of the game. Thank You all and keep up the great work.
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 pm
by Mickal Redwater
I can't seem to find the answer to this.. but how does the point system work? how many points per how many minutes for what ranks etc?
I know most of it.. but can't find a screen to tell me.
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:52 pm
by Nether
Awesome better than I remember, although my skills are far worse than I remember heh
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:11 am
by Kaz
Just to announce in here.
The NPC system is 'almost' done. Expect to see it up and running tomorrow.
Also, I will be adding the solo war declaration code. It prevents kingdoms from 'declaring war' on other kingdoms that are less than 90% of their total size.
e.g a 100,000 acre kingdom could attack a 90,000 acre kingdom, but not an 89,999 acre kingdom
This only effects the ability to actually declare a war, the standard 3 hits before warmongering are possible.
Just to also remind people about the Bounties.
The words 'Foreign Affairs' do more than produce a few other options, you can click it and enter the screen itself.
On this screen you can search for a kingdom number, see what kills they have made, and also what bounties they received.
You can also use this screen - at any time, in any restart - to claim bounties from the kingdoms you have killed.
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:24 am
by Mickal Redwater
Sorry, never played massacre much.. does that mean if i killed like 3 people, and they each had 1000 turns.. i can claim all those turns any time i want, even if i die like 4 times between then?
AKA i can horde turns? this is interesting
Also can you put a clear point system somewhere easy to see (maybe foreign affairds screen)
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:48 am
by Kaz
To answer you intial set of questions with one word... Yes.
When you enter the Foreign Affairs screen you should see a list of your kills.
By each one should be a claim button.
Just click it when you want the bounty.
V2 will have the LQS bounty system, which is slightly more advanced, and enables you the choice of cash, turns OR elan.
As for the scores system.
Each time the scrolls update, score is taken. I think scrolls are set to refresh every 10 mins.
At that time kindoms that are NOT in NPP and are NOT dead will get points.
Points are awarded based on rank.
King (100)
Prince (75)
Grand Duke (50)
Margrave (30)
Count-Palatine (25)
Landgrave (20)
Duke (15)
Marquis (10)
Viscount (5)
Baron (3)
Nobleman (1)
[edit] dunno why i wrote turns instead of points lol. corrected
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:23 am
by Kaz
There are currently 3 NPC kingdoms per faith.
I am 99% complete, have a few bits I want to do to get it functioning automated and random, while occassionally resetting ambush etc.
Until that time feel free to restart the dead NPC kingdoms
http://www.monarchygame.com/npc.php
Re: Massacre - Conquest - TIME TO PLAY!!
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:05 am
by Kaz
What ya think??
