Page 1 of 1

[OpenTribunal] Admin response to bounty feeding

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 am
by bigdaddy42
Added Poll Options
Admin response to attempts to influence scores using bounty feeders, - first offense - should be...

Do nothing
Reset current Scores for users kingdoms in game, no Warning
Reset current Scores for users kingdoms in game, and Warning
Reset current Scores for all users kingdoms, and Warning
Just a Warning
Insta-Ban

~ Kaz
bigdaddy42 wrote:stripping people off the score and Im one of them. I just got reported to kaz by KINGDOMNAME (NUMBER) because first I beat his score on the score Second, Mickal started coming after me after I became KING and I started smacking him down. So then he start crying to Kaz about me getting over him on the scrolls. And the way I got there. Well then Kaz took me off the score because I use one other kingdom to get my turns. Now I telling you bye first hand It took me a butt load of turns to get over KINGDOMNAME score, I mean a butt load. More than a person can get just by killing other feeder Nfeeder kingdoms or other kingdom trying to make it to the top. Yes I admit I had someone else let me feed off of them to get the turns. But I just found out that I could feed off another kingdom multi times to get turns. I be the first to admit the way I got to the top isnt the way everyone should do, but if Im going to be single out and going to be strip off the scrolls, They should look at KINGDOMNAME which double the scores over the next person. Because I know first hand bye beating his score of the butt load of turns i had to use to beat him. No one can kill enough kingdoms that comes up and get there turns to get that many turns. I my case I would thought Kaz would talk to me about it first before he took me off the scrolls. That would have been fair. I would like to know how KINGDOMNAME double everyone else, then single me out because KINGDOMNAME went too him. Then KINGDOMNAME (NUMBER) kills me after he complains to Kaz and Mickal got to keep the score after he kills me, and I got taken off the score board and Mickal got to keep my numbers after my death, where is the fairness in this?

I just edit stipping the score, you must read again

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:58 pm
by bigdaddy42
I added why does Mickal get to keep my score after killing me, and makes his score higher If you take me off the score because of the way I got my score, Mickal shouldnt get to keep my numbers after killing me his numbers went up, because of me.

Re: I just edit stipping the score, you must read again

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:15 pm
by Gerien
Methinks the lady doth complain too much.

Re: I just edit stipping the score, you must read again

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:07 pm
by bigSparky
And methinks this not the appropriate forum.

Re: stripping people off the score

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm
by bigSparky
You would likely be better served to go through the appropriate channels for this.
Perhaps ask for a tribunal? This is the type of thing that we are traditionally NOT supposed to bring to the boards, and use PM to an admin instead.

Re: I just edit stipping the score, you must read again

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:20 pm
by owly
And me thinks it's time to smoke a bowl

oh off topic

Re: stripping people off the score

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 pm
by Socrates
Wrong forum. Please take this kind of matters to PM next time.

~Socrates~

Re: I just edit stipping the score, you must read again

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:42 pm
by Socrates
Wrong forum. Please take this kind of matters to PM next time.

~Socrates~

Re: stripping people off the score

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:50 pm
by Kaz
Ok, imoved this to tribunal, give you a chance to respond to me.

I did not take away your score because someone complained to me. Complaints just get me to check things out, not make my decisions. I made my decision to remove your score, instead of giving an official warning based on the fact that I do not wish to be banning people from a new site, and there was no way for me to establish what your score would have been. had you not been 'cheating'

But when you get a mate to come out of NPP repeatedly so that you can kill them easily for maximum bounty it does show up, very clearly.

Maybe you had not realised quite how many turns you had gained through this. I make it that you claimed 445247 turns from a single kingdom over the course of this age, that's over 10 years of turns in a normal game.

That take's the piss.

Your actions forced me to edit your score, none of them I could revert back to the levels that were at before you took the piss, because i dont back up every score change. We are at the end of the pre-alpha age, and i am sorry, but you dont get to finish top of the Hall of Fame, unless you play an honest game.

Re: stripping people off the score

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:45 am
by Kaz
We've spoken over PM, so I guess this thread is not needed.

I'll leave it open for a day or so, just in case anyone has any comments that they feel is relevent enough to keep this open.

Re: stripping people off the score

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:22 pm
by Mickal Redwater
Just that you need to re-emphasize kingdom numbers in posts (and go back and look, its still in there (maybe edited back in?)

I have no problem with you beating my score... Nagash just did it(i blame myself cause i had a chance to kill him but read Kaz's post wrong and that the game was frozen already, but not yet) and i just congratulated him and am plotting my revenge.

The problem is exactly what Kaz said. Don't abuse the system, and it was really obvious, i'm sure i just saw it cause i was on to see you do it and was confused.


Thanks Kaz. And actually its good for people to find this stuff before V2! so think of other ways stuff liek this could happen (just report it, don't do it).

And still don't post kingdom Names/Numbers! I will admit it was me, but i did nothing malicious, i actually think i was pretty polite in my scribes too, i dont want you to quit, just look at the rules!

Can admin still remove the 50 times he mentions my kingdom name and not my character name :P Even using half a kingdom name is still annoying.

Re: stripping people off the score

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 am
by Nagash
Mickal Redwater wrote:I have no problem with you beating my score... Nagash just did it(i blame myself cause i had a chance to kill him but read Kaz's post wrong and that the game was frozen already, but not yet) and i just congratulated him and am plotting my revenge.

QFT. The bastard succeeded in equaling the score to the digit too. :P

Re: stripping people off the score

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 am
by Kaz
May as well make an official Tribunal out of this thread.

I am putting up the following poll for Staff to vote on.

Admin response to attempts to influence scores using bounty feeders, - first offense - should be...

Do nothing
Reset current Scores for users kingdoms in game, no Warning
Reset current Scores for users kingdoms in game, and Warning
Reset current Scores for all users kingdoms, and Warning
Just a Warning
Insta-Ban

Re: [OpenTribunal] Admin response to bounty feeding

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:26 am
by Archangel
Voted for "wipe in game w/ Warning". Not sure why we'd do it without a warning, wouldn't that be effectively wiping the persons score and then not telling them why?

Re: [OpenTribunal] Admin response to bounty feeding

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:33 pm
by Nagash
Archangel wrote:Voted for "wipe in game w/ Warning". Not sure why we'd do it without a warning, wouldn't that be effectively wiping the persons score and then not telling them why?



Seconded. Couldn't vote anymore though. :)