Page 1 of 3

The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:46 am
by Decae
I am sad to share this, but as some of you were fond friends of his at one time, I thought it was appropriate. Rathowen, or Donavon Fox, passed away in his sleep last night. His mother called me this morning.

I've known Donavon going on 10+ years and it was directly because of this game. I'm a bit too stunned to write more still, but I wanted it known. I know he was in an old NWN guild and typically played a Paladin, so if you have information on those, please PM me with it. Brian, I think you and he were in the same one for some other game.

He died young, but left behind a legacy of being an impeccable gentlemen, a great friend, a very loving son, devoted brother, and an outstanding adopted Uncle for my children.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:54 am
by Lady Maven
Oh no. Oh that is so horrid. How? What happened?

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 am
by Venus
oh no:(

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:23 am
by Nether
*hangs head in silence*

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:16 am
by Jezebel
I'm sorry to learn of this. I met him briefly at the North Carolina bash. I remember that he loved this place and went to nearly all, if not all, of the Monarchy bashes.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:28 am
by Teanos
Damn.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, and please pass along Chan and my condolences to his family. He was a great guy and I am really regretting I failed to keep in better touch with him over the years.

if/when you find out about any funeral arrangements please let me know as well.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 am
by Kaz
Another of the clan passes :(

Guess we'll need to put together an In Memory forum over here too :(

RIP Rath

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:30 am
by losmar
I def. have to say he was a great part of the Marion bash I went to. That guy was a class act(like Dangerfield); why do those guys always go early.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:00 am
by Kethry
Saw the message on FB; I remember him, though I didn't really talk to him much. Damn, that sucks so bad! My prayers and thoughts are with his family right now. ;____;

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:20 am
by Reylan Talonspyre
I am so sorry to hear this news. He was an absurdly funny, good natured man. My fondest memory of him was when he was staying awake for almost the entire weekend at the Chicago Bash, drinking and playing spades.

This is a tragic day. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and the friends he left behind.

So long Rath. Glad I met you.

I hope someone can find the picture of Rathowen, Maverick, and myself on a train wreck of a team for Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.

I would like to have that for posterity's sake.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 am
by Portia
Donovan was a stellar guy and I'm finding once again that I'm just in shock and "speechless" to learn of the passing of someone who played a part in some of my fondest memories. It seems terribly unfair that such a kind, smart, witty and downright good person was taken from us.

Dustin, my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. If you find out an "in lieu of" charity the family would like donations made in his name to, please let me know.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:59 am
by Elfie
This just breaks my heart. Donavon was one of the greatest people I had ever had the honor to meet.
We had so much fun at all the bashes. I will always be his #1 hoe from New Orleans.
He always had a smile on his face, even after we put make-up on him when he passed out.
We will miss him dearly. My sympathy is with his family and your family to Dustin.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:07 am
by Calis
well fuck.

i met don at the toronto bash. he was quite possibly one of the funniest guys i have ever met. had a blast listening to his stories and watching him drop his camera, break it, then try to "fix" it by dropping it again on purpose.

what a loss for everyone who knew him.

hope youre rockin out w/your cock out dude wherever you are!

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:11 am
by Sylandra
Rath/Donovan was a butt-touching, feather-sporting, hard-working, hard-playing sweet and funny man whom I had the pleasure of meeting three times, and the honor to know for several years.

I smile and laugh when i think of him and cried when I was told he is gone. That he went in his sleep is, I hope, a blessing. I do not know if you can ask for more, but if you can, then I would ask that he be allowed to laugh and joke after here as he did while he was here.

My sincere condolences to his family and to his friends. He was (pardon the phrase) a good man.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 am
by Gili
shit! not good :'(

Condolences to his family

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 am
by MoP
Sad news, once more :(

My thoughts are with his friends and family.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:58 pm
by Nagash
Sorry to hear it.... yet another death in our midst... :(

Condolences to his family and friends.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:02 pm
by Lady Aria
I was in shock when Elfie called me last night.
This is such sad news.
Rath was such a nice guy, and he always kept us in stitches laughing at the bashes.
He was always a good sport when we joked around.

It was a pleasure to have known him, and I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

My condolances Dustin to you and your family, as well as his family, and the community.

:cry:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:54 pm
by Sturm
:( *takes off hat
My condolences.

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 pm
by Decae
If any of you have pictures or anecdotes of Donavon that you'd like to share, please post them here. I plan on collecting them and creating a book for his mother and father.