Farewell to Lady Fury
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:52 pm
Well not many people know me, I used to play the OLD game and then Evernight, along with my cousin, Christian, who played under the name Amon Re. He played more often than I did, first with TVR (The Veiled Realms) and then a whole cross-over switch to Dark Crown (DC).
Christian recently found out that Lady Fury (Mona Brookover-Green IRL) who played with Dark Crown passed away on January 14, 2009.
Around October 2008, she had called him while he was at my house, and we'd all spoken for a bit. The cancer had returned and while she sounded scared, she also forced herself to sound positive. She was convinced that, like the first time around, she would beat it. But in the end, I think she was simply very tired from the fight, and so succumbed early in the new year. Unfortunately, Christian did not learn of this until directed to a website holding obituaries for people from Taft/Bakersfield, California (where she lived) about a week ago. Google is sometimes the most random thing, ever.
I loved playing with Mona/Fury, as did my cousin. She was fair, but she was also tough, and many people commented to me about her and Christian's less-than-PG RP threads together. It was a great storyline they had going, and they both enjoyed it. She stopped playing the game for health and personal reasons, but I'm sure that many of those still here remember playing with the woman who an old friend dubbed the "Ice Bitch of Dark Crown." We know she enjoyed life and while she still has been taken too soon, I am glad I have the memories, despite never having met her in person.
Rest in peace, DC's Ice Queen. Give 'em hell in Heaven.
Christian recently found out that Lady Fury (Mona Brookover-Green IRL) who played with Dark Crown passed away on January 14, 2009.
Around October 2008, she had called him while he was at my house, and we'd all spoken for a bit. The cancer had returned and while she sounded scared, she also forced herself to sound positive. She was convinced that, like the first time around, she would beat it. But in the end, I think she was simply very tired from the fight, and so succumbed early in the new year. Unfortunately, Christian did not learn of this until directed to a website holding obituaries for people from Taft/Bakersfield, California (where she lived) about a week ago. Google is sometimes the most random thing, ever.
I loved playing with Mona/Fury, as did my cousin. She was fair, but she was also tough, and many people commented to me about her and Christian's less-than-PG RP threads together. It was a great storyline they had going, and they both enjoyed it. She stopped playing the game for health and personal reasons, but I'm sure that many of those still here remember playing with the woman who an old friend dubbed the "Ice Bitch of Dark Crown." We know she enjoyed life and while she still has been taken too soon, I am glad I have the memories, despite never having met her in person.
Rest in peace, DC's Ice Queen. Give 'em hell in Heaven.