Convocation ceremony

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Convocation ceremony

Post by Gerien » Sat May 15, 2010 6:37 am

I'm getting my Master's hood and diploma tomorrow at 12:30. It will be webcast if anyone cares to watch. It's a small ceremony; just library science graduates.

http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/graduation/2010 ... ment10.htm
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by owly » Sat May 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Congrats
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
TEVA
Explorer
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by TEVA » Sun May 16, 2010 3:54 am

I bet your happy that is all over with and done.
Congrats.
"Life is too short to be fighting"

Sturm-II
Traveler
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 am

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by Sturm-II » Sun May 16, 2010 4:38 am

Congrats
Bo & Sart, Tork RiP
<Click & Insert promotional code here>
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut invenio ~

User avatar
Grunt
Teacher
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by Grunt » Sun May 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Congrats
Is this the ceremony when they give Super Librarian his cape

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by MoP » Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 am

No, it's where the hero reveals himself to the audience!

Nicely done, master Gerien.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by Jezebel » Mon May 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Congrats. I wore my hood for the first time on Friday - since I had no family, I didn't go to my own graduation. But I appreciated the pride and enjoyment of the families of my students Friday.

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by Gerien » Mon May 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Grunt wrote:Congrats
Is this the ceremony when they give Super Librarian his cape
sort of. I got a really big hood. ;)

Pictures here:
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/ ... onvocation
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

Sturm-II
Traveler
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 am

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by Sturm-II » Mon May 17, 2010 9:57 pm

We bestow on you the title of Jedi.
Welcomes you, the council does. :mrgreen:
Bo & Sart, Tork RiP
<Click & Insert promotional code here>
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut invenio ~

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by Immigrant » Sun May 23, 2010 9:11 pm

wow, fwit sorry I missed it - that's huge and congrats on what I'm sure was the crowning glory of much sacrifice and expense - well done! [edit]made all the more impressive btw, since you're a self-made man by all appearances ..much respect![/edit]

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Convocation ceremony

Post by Nagash » Mon May 31, 2010 8:32 pm

Grats! :)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest