F***ing Scammers

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

F***ing Scammers

Post by Kaz » Wed May 16, 2012 11:28 pm

The send us your bank account info and pay us to release XX million dollars scam, is getting a bit more personal.

Just recieved this on Friends Renunited, and for a short while was worried.

For context, my Father is an Engineer called Mr M Piotrowski who has worked for Shell Oil in the past.
Dear Piotrowski,

Please make sure you write me direct through my private email address inside this message for more details:(micahdaniel300@hotmail.com)

I am Barrister Micah Daniel, a solicitor at law and personal attorney to Engr M. Piotrowski,a national of your country, who used to work with Shell Development Company in Lome Togo. Here in after shall be referred to as my client on the 25th of May 2006, my client with his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along Kara Express Road Kara Lome-Togo.

I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the fund valued at US$16.5 million left behind by my client before get confiscated by the bank,

Thanks and God bless.
Waiting to hear from you soonest.
Best regards.
Barrister Micah Daniel
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Bootsy Collins
Lost Soul
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:42 am

Re: F***ing Scammers

Post by Bootsy Collins » Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Wow, even doing research on their targets now. That's just plain scary.

Good thing is they still haven't figured out how to get past the based somewhere in Africa clause which is usually a telltale for those scams.

We deal with all kinds of fraud at my work on a daily basis and it's discomforting to know that the most effective ones are becoming more so by doing things like this.
Feline Freedom Alliance
Former Pyro of MUM, DOW, SA

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: F***ing Scammers

Post by Kaz » Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 am

I'd say the barrister contacting you directly using a hotmail address is a bigger giveaway lol
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Raila
Newbling
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: F***ing Scammers

Post by Raila » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 am

yeah thats what I was thinking...

a Hotmail address from a Lawyer? They would use their @wescrewemandhow.blah I would think....

its still scary. No wonder the elderly are afraid of the internet

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: F***ing Scammers

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:45 am

I instinctively do not trust anything that uses "foreign" terms like Barrister. This is why I do not like traveling abroad.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest