It's Been 21 Years...

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Sin
Newbling

It's Been 21 Years...

Post by Sin » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:38 am

... Give or take a few months since I first joined this community.

That's all. Happy holidays everyone.
Sometimes just waking is a surreal experience.

Grunt
Teacher

Re: It's Been 21 Years...

Post by Grunt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:15 am

We are all old now

Wretch
Lost Soul

Post by Wretch » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:48 am

When your first guild war is old enough to drink...
The Golden Horde - All war all the time
You know how this thing ends, right? They all die.

Gili
Community Admin

Post by Gili » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:42 am

time really does fly. I guess we've all become old gits now haha
miss you guys, a shame we never found a new home on some mobile game :/
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

kenchan
Lost Soul

Post by kenchan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:51 am

The wind howls outside as the light from the candles flicker ever hazardly like a dying mans last breath. The sound of heavy foot steps can be heard slowly creeping thru the long forgotten ruins ever so slowly.

*Cough cough..* "Tis been a long time...." the cloaked person said as he ran his hands on the crumbling walls of the castle. Blowing the dust off his fingers he slowly unhoods showing a haggard man with his hair tied back. "The times have not treated you well. Once you were one of the strongholds of the old gods now you are only one of the many forgotten lands scattered thru the world" the haggard man continue walking down the corridor reaching a door or at least once a door, but now only a few boards of rotting wood. *Creaaakk..* the door opens as the man pushes thru. Inside you see a tattered map of the world still desperately hanging on the wall. At the center of the room was a round table or whats left of it with chairs scattered around it. Picking up one and testing the stability of the chair the man sits down as the stared at the map. "Times have changed. The world itself changed and so our time is long gone. Everything is left for the younger generation to handle" said the haggard man as he sigh and closed his eyes. All the memories though vague now appear before him. The eager young recruit trembling as he did his first battle under the leader Blacklock. The memories shifts to the many friends he met and the enemies he fought to the end where everyone moved on after the war. "My friends how I yearn for those days we fought together. The days we laughed, cried, and stressed thru as we kept pushing forward for our faith. Where ever you guys and gals are I can only pray all is well." said the haggard man as a tear appears at the corner of his eyes. The candlelight flickers furiously and at last it extinguishes into a puff of smoke as the haggard man's arms slowly slump at the side with a lonely teardrop slowly running down the cheeks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time sure has passed. I can only vaguely remember bits and pieces of my wonderful time on this game. Just randoming looking at my old saved bookmarks and saw the link and came back to see how things are here. Lol as you get old you can't help but reminisce more. I hope all my old guildies are doing well. Long live AoA!

Necro99
Lost Soul

Post by Necro99 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:46 pm

jesus... has it really been that long?

"Monarchy is the continuation of a line of kingdom strategy games that have been online since 1997. If you remember Evernight Games (Monarchy 1997 to 1998) (Canon 2001 to 2009) or Shareplay (Monarchy 1998 to 2001) you may well have played an earlier version of this very game."

I remember all of em. and being very surprised when evernight moved as it had been around "forever". which means... minimum 22 years, probably more like 23, here lol. :shock:

On that note, I feel like i need to make an apology to a small subset of the older posters. For those of you who attended the Monarchy Bash in NC, specifically the ones who got a ride to the restaurant in my silver dodge van, please accept my most humble apology, along with an assurance that nothing similar ever happened again. let's just say i was a different sort back then. I'm still not exactly OCD about cleanliness, but I'm also nowhere near how i used to be. blame it on being a homeless meth head from 18 to 20 or so

I had had those socks on for at least three days and had changed them right before i started driving up there, but had driven up there with the windows down and when i got out, completely spacing the socks as i was also high as fuck at the time, i just closed the windows as usual. then all yall jumped in before i did and when i got in i was slammed in the face by the stench of my own rotten ass toes. a familiar thing to me, but i was also well aware of how fucked up that in and of itself was, and knew exactly what was going through peoples heads at the time. didn't exactly get things off to a good start with them. :(

It was one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me, and i can't imagine how yall must have felt for the 10 minutes, or whatever it was, that you had to endure that unholy cloud of funk.

like... -My Bad-, for real tho. :oops:
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Kensington
Lost Soul

Post by Kensington » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Kensington sits up and raps his head against the table.

"urgh”

He looks around around at the empty bottles and discarded food.

" Have I missed the party?"

Return to “Comments”