Here is something new ...
Moderator: Staff
- Reylan Talonspyre
- Teacher
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
- Contact:
Here is something new ...
So I left Chase Card Services and struck out on my own. I found a great job that respects me and gives me more money, benefits, and values me as a person and my ideas for improvement. It is a great job. I am happier than a pig in shit. I look forward to Mondays.
Now, that being said, I am at a loss of words. A job opening appeared at my place of employment that involved phone work. I volunteered to cover the collections calls (we deal with town home foreclosure and eviction) and help out while they found a replacement. In the midst of this, my boss came too me and asked if I had anyone I could recommend who was, as they put it, "Like you. Same skill set, energy, and integrity."
I was flattered. I asked my old peer mentor from Chase to come over since he is just as good, just as loyal, and in May becomes a paralegal. Working at a law firm is a good thing for him. He needs it. He wants it. He just told me via text that he probably won't take the fucking job if they offer it because it is a 26 mile commute to the place (one way).
/blink THAT IS THE SAME FUCKING DISTANCE I DRIVE!
It pays more. Great benefits. Better than his current job. But he is giving me a serious case of "I am going to fucking kill you"-itis. I gave him the opportunity of a life time and he may not even show up for the interview tomorrow.
Capital WTF!
Plus, I talk this guy up, because he asked me too, and now I end up with egg on my face.
I know what is going on ... he told my old fucking manager and she gave him a guilt trip. She is a such a fucking bitch. His wife was even behind it.
In this economy, I gave him the fucking Golden Ticket to Wonka-ville and he pretty much gives me a "I don't think my car will handle it."
I, in my normal sincere way said, "Figure it out."
This pisses me off. I probably should have been calling that nutsy chick from Chase I had a crush on and offered her the fucking job. She would have probably driven 2 hours to be there ... and she would have come in a sailor outfit!
Chase Card Services, Elgin IL ... don't ever work there. Worst place ever. Its like High School but they pay you to be there and if you aren't in the drama and back stabbing, you are getting shit on.
Good day. WTF!
Now, that being said, I am at a loss of words. A job opening appeared at my place of employment that involved phone work. I volunteered to cover the collections calls (we deal with town home foreclosure and eviction) and help out while they found a replacement. In the midst of this, my boss came too me and asked if I had anyone I could recommend who was, as they put it, "Like you. Same skill set, energy, and integrity."
I was flattered. I asked my old peer mentor from Chase to come over since he is just as good, just as loyal, and in May becomes a paralegal. Working at a law firm is a good thing for him. He needs it. He wants it. He just told me via text that he probably won't take the fucking job if they offer it because it is a 26 mile commute to the place (one way).
/blink THAT IS THE SAME FUCKING DISTANCE I DRIVE!
It pays more. Great benefits. Better than his current job. But he is giving me a serious case of "I am going to fucking kill you"-itis. I gave him the opportunity of a life time and he may not even show up for the interview tomorrow.
Capital WTF!
Plus, I talk this guy up, because he asked me too, and now I end up with egg on my face.
I know what is going on ... he told my old fucking manager and she gave him a guilt trip. She is a such a fucking bitch. His wife was even behind it.
In this economy, I gave him the fucking Golden Ticket to Wonka-ville and he pretty much gives me a "I don't think my car will handle it."
I, in my normal sincere way said, "Figure it out."
This pisses me off. I probably should have been calling that nutsy chick from Chase I had a crush on and offered her the fucking job. She would have probably driven 2 hours to be there ... and she would have come in a sailor outfit!
Chase Card Services, Elgin IL ... don't ever work there. Worst place ever. Its like High School but they pay you to be there and if you aren't in the drama and back stabbing, you are getting shit on.
Good day. WTF!
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Gatekeepers
- Atticus Forghon
- Newbling
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:02 pm
Re: Here is something new ...
Congrats on the new job! It sucks when you try to help a friend out and they don't take the help. Oh well, you did what you could, if he doesn't want a better job, let him stay where he is - it's not your problem. Obviously I don't have the first hand knowledge of the situation as you do but 26 miles one way isn't exactly an easy commute. Although the way it sounds it might be worth the drive!
- bigSparky
- Explorer
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
- Location: lost between Elvis and suicide
Re: Here is something new ...
Man, you kids are spoiled these days. 26 miles is NOT A FUCKING commute!. I do at LEAST that here in OKC. Today, I'll have around 115 each way and when the job gets rolling that will be everyday for about 10 months. In LA I averaged
about 75 each way. As to the rest, that guy sucks.
about 75 each way. As to the rest, that guy sucks.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha
Re: Here is something new ...
He turns down a good paying job, because he has to travel 26 miles??
*just shakes head
I could understand if he had to bike it, but if he's got a car and he still refuses, he gets another *just shakes head
*just shakes head
I could understand if he had to bike it, but if he's got a car and he still refuses, he gets another *just shakes head
Bo & Sart, Tork RiP
<Click & Insert promotional code here>
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut invenio ~
<Click & Insert promotional code here>
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut invenio ~
Re: Here is something new ...
That bloke sounds like a bit of an ass. I say call him and ask what the real reason is.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Re: Here is something new ...
Yeah 26 miles does not constitute a long commute, i drive about that far one way to go work at lowe's and im sure i make much less than this guy was being offered.
Re: Here is something new ...
It's also possible that what makes the job good for you isn't important to him. I've left jobs for others that paid less simply because I liked the hours better or enjoyed the new job more. Money isn't the most important thing to everyone and it's possible he has other priorities.
Re: Here is something new ...
Maybe he doesnt want to be at a job where hes making collection calls on town home eviction/foreclosures.
I personally would never work for a firm that represented condo associations, those people have no heart. I didnt become a lawyer to extort people for lawyer fees so that i dont evict them from a condo that they have a mortgage on.
26 miles in the suburbs is nothing. Probably takes more time to get 4 miles from my apartment to the city than 26 miles in the suburbs.
I personally would never work for a firm that represented condo associations, those people have no heart. I didnt become a lawyer to extort people for lawyer fees so that i dont evict them from a condo that they have a mortgage on.
26 miles in the suburbs is nothing. Probably takes more time to get 4 miles from my apartment to the city than 26 miles in the suburbs.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
http://www.Flapship.com
http://www.Flapship.com
- Reylan Talonspyre
- Teacher
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
- Contact:
Re: Here is something new ...
We don't call anyone. We send 30 Day Notices and when they don't pay the thousands of dollars in back dues and late fees, we take them to court. This isn't for $50.00. This is for usually $1000+ in back dues. I have seen upwards of $33,000. I also see lots of banks. I run tract book searches on property deeds, etc.
I could make a good argument about Associations, but I already know the rebuttal and I agree, sometimes they are just heartless.
Either way, he went to the interview, he did his thing and his mind changed immediately. He was paraded around to the attorneys who in turn were impressed with his mock-trial stuff. You know, pretend lawyers. Or lawyer actors.
I think they loved him and I know he is eager to get an offer so he can start.
All in all, he admitted, the only thing stopping him was our ex-manager guilt tripping him because she can't get anymore staff due to the recent shake up at the company. Seems the Fraud department is going to become Collections because Fraud is going to India. Their scores for customer satisfaction were better than the US. Oh well.
I kind of laid it out to him that she was doing the right thing, from her point of view, and he had to think of himself instead of the people in the job he hates. He thought the commute would be worse and was so psyched out he nervously text-ed me.
All in all, he was sorry for getting cold feet, but I told him no worries, I had hoped he'd come around. I just got irate cause I thought I would have egg on my face with an employer that treats me really well.
I could make a good argument about Associations, but I already know the rebuttal and I agree, sometimes they are just heartless.
Either way, he went to the interview, he did his thing and his mind changed immediately. He was paraded around to the attorneys who in turn were impressed with his mock-trial stuff. You know, pretend lawyers. Or lawyer actors.
I think they loved him and I know he is eager to get an offer so he can start.
All in all, he admitted, the only thing stopping him was our ex-manager guilt tripping him because she can't get anymore staff due to the recent shake up at the company. Seems the Fraud department is going to become Collections because Fraud is going to India. Their scores for customer satisfaction were better than the US. Oh well.
I kind of laid it out to him that she was doing the right thing, from her point of view, and he had to think of himself instead of the people in the job he hates. He thought the commute would be worse and was so psyched out he nervously text-ed me.
All in all, he was sorry for getting cold feet, but I told him no worries, I had hoped he'd come around. I just got irate cause I thought I would have egg on my face with an employer that treats me really well.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Gatekeepers
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest