Word Count

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Word Count

Post by MoP » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:54 am

Democracy in Belgium is so sophisticated it doesn't work anymore.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Word Count

Post by Nagash » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:05 am

losmar wrote:You should've had a picture of your kid with a sad-face Nag...

Democracy? MoP, this is Europe! (I think I'm under the impression that your land has one of the better forms of that in this land; I don't remember b/c we're talking more about the EU as a whole instead of each country...)

Belgium does have a pretty cool system. It proves that the Flemish are really Dutch and that we need an Anschluss badly to get rid of them nasty Walloons/Frenchies.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Word Count

Post by MoP » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 am

Nagash wrote:
losmar wrote:You should've had a picture of your kid with a sad-face Nag...

Democracy? MoP, this is Europe! (I think I'm under the impression that your land has one of the better forms of that in this land; I don't remember b/c we're talking more about the EU as a whole instead of each country...)

Belgium does have a pretty cool system. It proves that the Flemish are really Dutch and that we need an Anschluss badly to get rid of them nasty Walloons/Frenchies.
²
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

losmar
Necromancer
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Word Count

Post by losmar » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 pm

What's that?

For some reason I'm only learning new words in German, Swedish, and hearing a lot of Italian; there aren't any openly Dutch speakers around here. Well, there's a Dutch girl who is French, and a Luxembourger that is teaching her written Dutch... but they both don't speak it around me enough to pick up on it anymore... go figure eh?

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Word Count

Post by MoP » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Anschluss is pretty German ;)
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Word Count

Post by Nagash » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Very German. Or Austrian, depending on your point of view.

Think late 1930s. ;)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest