StarCraft II.

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Dyvim Tvar
Lost Soul
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:03 am

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Dyvim Tvar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:02 am

I fully support the notion of you discovering how right I am on your own.
Seriously though, Heavy Rain is not a bad game in any way. However you get immersed in the story, you get drawn in by everything that's going on just like in Indigo Prophecy and then BANG, they kick you in the fucking dick with a stupid story moment all over again. Honestly I'm never fucking falling for it again. Next time Cage rights a game I'm going to go in assuming that the mystery twist is going to be a gorilla in a cocktail dress plotting to create a cold fusion weapon that will, in turn, lead to world domination for the Welsh. It simply can't be more nonsensical than the shit he delivers.
Still worth playing for the experience that it delivers right up until the point where it jumps the shark.
'Sup?

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Nagash » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:24 pm

*grin*


Even considered a career as plot writer, mate? :)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Gili » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Thinking of probably 99.9% of the games I've played i think they get some random bod to write plot....or dialogue. Especially dialogue in fact.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

User avatar
Lilim Savanant
Lost Soul
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: england

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Lilim Savanant » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:22 am

Gili wrote:Thinking of probably 99.9% of the games I've played i think they get some random bod to write plot....or dialogue. Especially dialogue in fact.
true, some games have the worst dialogue in the world. even the best voice actors couldn't save it

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Gili » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:52 am

voice acting...thats another. Two Worlds, i just ejected straight away after the first NPC opened their mouth. No effort.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by MoP » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 am

Where are the C&C cutscenes with real actors?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Lilim Savanant
Lost Soul
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: england

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Lilim Savanant » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 am

MoP wrote:Where are the C&C cutscenes with real actors?
i thought they still do them, the last C&C had a bunch of battlestar galactica cast members and George Takei if i remember rightly.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Nagash » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:03 am

In C&C 3 they had Jennifer Morrison. :D
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Dreck
Wayfarer
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:05 am
Location: Wild Wild West
Contact:

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Dreck » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:35 am

anyone wanna play some wings of liberty? hit me up please
Angelique
Open for business
Scummer
Scouting your kingdom since the beginning of time

Dauthi
Traveler
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: StarCraft II.

Post by Dauthi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:22 am

Kinda sad I've not seen this thread before.

I used to play, not as much anymore. I've got a copy of wol and HoTS, but like I said I don't know play much anymore.

Dreck,

you should watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57cvHQ_1GSg


AMAZING match.

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest