Page 1 of 2

How many here still remember me?

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:12 am
by The Exalted One
Ah, Monarchy. Then later Evernight. Then back again to Monarchy. This place has meant so much to me over the years. I was here in 2000, not so long after the addition of the "fourth"deity, the goddess Oleana. And boy what a crazy time it was to be joining. I had just gotten out of the AOL channel "pay to play" RPG "Legends of Kesmai" and this place was hopping. Active kingdoms were in the THOUSANDS. Outcast was my main game, and you learned the ropes quick or you were stomped out before the next turn cycle.

I was a proud Leto through and through, joined by the likes of Karhedron, Oriana, Blind Ned, Pegasus, and countless others. I was still in the early years of college and I treasured returning from the dorms or dining hall to play out my turns and join in some coordinated guild strikes. Lots of drama, even more fun. I continued to play well into law school and even when the games changed, servers changed, staff changed...I remained. And then I left...and came back...and left again. A typical story.

But I do have as my legacy a game some may remember...the great sensation of Evernight that spanned the course of 2 years...THE HEAL / HURT GAME we played on the forums, in Events and in Comments. 6 very memorable competitions...I miss those days...

But I digress. This *was* a great place and maybe one day things will pick up again...but I may as well stay awhile. Maybe I'll even make a kingdom. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

So hey everyone...anyone out there still have some love for good ol' TEO? :P

P.S. Is there anywhere I might be reunited with my beloved Coca-Cola icon???

EDIT: Found it! Nothing a visit to TB couldn't solve!

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:02 am
by asoc
I remember your name.

Pepsi is better btw

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:09 pm
by owly
I remember u...

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:51 am
by bigSparky
Being an old Leto Outcaster myself, I remember you as well. I remember you being well loved. And I remember you being very well hated. :lol: First time I came out of NPP I was ranked like 1290 or some shit. Those were the days.

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:31 am
by Kaz
I think most here remember seeing your name around the forums.

Welcome Back

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:58 pm
by Gili
yup, welcome back!

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:23 pm
by The Exalted One
Good to be back, wish the place was in better shape but I am sure all the movements from one server to another along with game stagnancy and reduction, along with competition from immersive graphic-based online gaming has taken a major toll. It seems every time I pop in the place is more sparse than before. To see 400 users registered when the previous board had about 46,000 is beyond unreal.

In many ways this game and community and others like it are a dying art, a relic of a time not so long ago in reality but which may have well been a lifetime ago. When I came here, I was paying $25/month for AOL, there was no X-Box or Wii and certainly no ability to connect to the Internet with a video game console. You could do it on your PC; I spent way too many hours doing Starcraft Battlenet. Ultima Online was really just taking off, and to do RPGs online, particularly as I used to on the AOL server, usually you had to pay $2/hr. Seemed a small price at the time, but boy did it add up quick. Monarchy, which was free, was a blessing.

Social media was unheard of, nobody ever sent a text message and a lot of people were still without cell phones. If you had a cell phone, you only ever used it to CALL people - no cameras or videos or connecting to the Internet. I'm digressing but just pointing out how amazing the passage of a decade can be.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. Man, BigSparky...Outcast was just phenomenal. For the first 6 months I played Monarchy that's all I did. Took a real push for me to delve into Guilds and Solo and the other games. I was indeed apparently loved and hated in equal measure - had a big mouth and a mischievous demeanor, and I always knew exactly the right buttons to push. The memories and the drama will hopefully never leave me. Would love to Facebook some of the old players and guildmates and see where everybody has gone...

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 pm
by Gili
Aye, pretty much summarizes things. Games on mobiles/cells and the quality of a lot of Free to Play games really does make any browser based game doomed. Jesus you even have unity powered browser stuff. Sad times really. But there is always the memories, the waking up early in the morning and not worrying about the various issues i probably should have...and rushing online to check the forums to see if some Barnabas bastards had pillaged my town :) Good times =DD

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:10 am
by Gem
Coke was nasty then sir, and it is nasty still. ;o) And I only ever use my cell phone to call people, hell I held out until 2007ish before I even owned one. Hah.

Anyways welcome back.

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 am
by TEVA
Welcome back and you can find me on facebook along with a few others.
Debbie Kaeding Nelson is my facebook name

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:35 am
by stainless
I remember you AND bigspanky. I've only just returned myself. I was known as LORDREAPER before. I was from from the same time. a little before Oleana, but still from the same era. was fun back then. at least now I don't have to play for weeks on end to crack the top 50. now I
straight into top 10. lol. oh the old days. let's see who we can get back. unfortunately over the past 10 years I have lost all the monarchy cantacts I had. I remember when I was at high school, and there were more ppl from my school in little old Australia playing than there are total now.

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 pm
by Maverick
Welcome back.

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:18 am
by Swineheart
Yah, Hi and weren't you a WEEC member? Seems like I remember your kingdom and a few others kicking my butt a time or two. :lol: :cry:

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:23 am
by Jezebel
I remember TEO, Lord Reaper also sounds familiar.

~Holti

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:29 pm
by Imo
sup brother.

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:32 am
by Grunt
who are you again heheh

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:46 am
by Karhedron
I believe i was your brother... or something.. somehow...

Outcast was awesome.

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 pm
by bandit
i hope you remember me, cause i remember you.

i think we even squared off a time or two.

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:08 am
by Scribe
I kind of sort of remember the name.

Re: How many here still remember me?

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:44 am
by RedBaron
Why would any of us wanna be remembered? :shock: :? :P