Page 1 of 1

F***ing Scammers

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:28 pm
by Kaz
The send us your bank account info and pay us to release XX million dollars scam, is getting a bit more personal.

Just recieved this on Friends Renunited, and for a short while was worried.

For context, my Father is an Engineer called Mr M Piotrowski who has worked for Shell Oil in the past.
Dear Piotrowski,

Please make sure you write me direct through my private email address inside this message for more details:(micahdaniel300@hotmail.com)

I am Barrister Micah Daniel, a solicitor at law and personal attorney to Engr M. Piotrowski,a national of your country, who used to work with Shell Development Company in Lome Togo. Here in after shall be referred to as my client on the 25th of May 2006, my client with his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along Kara Express Road Kara Lome-Togo.

I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the fund valued at US$16.5 million left behind by my client before get confiscated by the bank,

Thanks and God bless.
Waiting to hear from you soonest.
Best regards.
Barrister Micah Daniel

Re: F***ing Scammers

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 pm
by Bootsy Collins
Wow, even doing research on their targets now. That's just plain scary.

Good thing is they still haven't figured out how to get past the based somewhere in Africa clause which is usually a telltale for those scams.

We deal with all kinds of fraud at my work on a daily basis and it's discomforting to know that the most effective ones are becoming more so by doing things like this.

Re: F***ing Scammers

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 am
by Kaz
I'd say the barrister contacting you directly using a hotmail address is a bigger giveaway lol

Re: F***ing Scammers

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 am
by Raila
yeah thats what I was thinking...

a Hotmail address from a Lawyer? They would use their @wescrewemandhow.blah I would think....

its still scary. No wonder the elderly are afraid of the internet

Re: F***ing Scammers

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:45 am
by Reylan Talonspyre
I instinctively do not trust anything that uses "foreign" terms like Barrister. This is why I do not like traveling abroad.