Page 1 of 1

Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter...

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:32 am
by Kiria Darkslayer
Bear with me if this is not the right place and time, just registered, and I intend to offend nobody.

In case anyone remember me, I was in Luctor Et Emergo for a bit, Knights Errant for another bit, a guild Misty ran for yet another bit, and then ran Forbidden Destiny, a machine of pure rage and destruction for yet another bit.

Big shout out to Shayanna, should she still live. And to Raila. And to the guy with the Chrono Trigger avatar whose name doesn't come to mind, maybe MAgnus? I was the funny one, don't feed after midnight. And to anyone that may remember me, for good, or bad.

Either way, I am looking for the (extremely long) and exquisitely (read poorly) written charter of my old guild, Forbidden Destiny (~Destiny~), there used to be an archive with it, and I got it off someone... 6 years back but I lost that backup and that someone's site seems to be down.

So, I come here as my last resort. I have found some angelfire backups of the old sites but haven't found a site map or root I can use to find it.

The guild was a Barnabas one!

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone may be able to offer! Hope everyone is doing fine, etc.

Some of the names here bring memories.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:34 am
by Kaz
I couldn't find it in the guild archive, so you're probably talking 10+ years rather than 6.

http://www.evernight.com/guilds/

Assume that if it was a Barnabas guild we're talking the days before the return to Evernight Games and the switch from Monarchy to Canon?? If you were talking Barnabas from Canon days I'd expect the charter to be in there.

Basically - as far as I'm aware - every guild is backed up here from after the evernight data loss in late 2002. Unfortunately the two years before that, the two or three at shareplay, and the time before shareplay are pretty much lost to time.

It might be findable in the wayback machine. I googled around and an old thread from evernight in 2004 listed scrolls containing your guild. If you can find the scrolls from "Last update Mon Dec 4 22:10:00 2000" on wayback, you might find the link to the charter still works

[edit] Unfortunately I think the charter is lost to time. I managed to find one example of it being archived by the wayback machine, and the day that happened there seems to have been a server error :(

http://web.archive.org/web/200011171243 ... INY&game=7

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 pm
by Kiria Darkslayer
Hey there, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I had tried that already, there was someone from Monarchy that kept an archive of all the charters, (Daron), but he doesn't seem to maintain that site anymore (here's a snapshot of it http://web.archive.org/web/200607140128 ... ge=2&god=2), unfortunately the charters themselves don't seem to be backed up.

I emailed him but haven't got a reply as of yet. But I'm hoping someone else may have backed up all of that stuff as I would hate to think it was lost. I had got it from him years back (06), but it seems to have died to a fried hard drive.

But yes, this is a guild from I believe the last game, or couple games in shareplay before Decae made the new version with new Gods that was pay to play or some such. I had a version of the charter guild for that game, too, but stopped playing soon after.

I believe the Belgarion that sometimes posts here/in the other archive may have been in that guild, and I knew Enishi, Dusty, Misty, Mara, Shayanna, Raila, Maven (by name, I am not sure we really talked), Calbrenar (used to play tetrinet), Seska (the name rings a bell for some reason), Briana, Raila, the guy that ran bellus lupus, etc.

I'm hoping at least someone is still active and that someone backed it up. unfortunately its hard to look up anything containing "monarchy" in google.

Thank you for your efforts so far. It is neat to see that this place exists in some shape still.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:48 pm
by Bootsy Collins
I'll contact Raila and see if she has anything.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:08 pm
by Kiria Darkslayer
Thanks, very appreciated.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:41 am
by Jokingjoe
It is always nice to see old players come out of the woodwork.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 pm
by Seska Dragonslayer
I don't believe I have any surviving copies of any of the charters from before pay-to-play came about, though I will have to check some of my rusting hulks of old computers to see if I have KE's charter stored anywhere.

And yes, it is nice to see people about who still remember the good old glory days.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 am
by Bootsy Collins
Talked with Raila and she said she doesn't have it. In fact, she says she doesn't recall ever being in it but that may be a product of her age. Hope she doesn't read this! *grins*

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:46 am
by Kiria Darkslayer
Thanks for trying guys.

No, Raila was in Kusuf Al Nar (sp), but we were close at the time. Spoke with Shay recently too and got the KE one.

Thanks!

I'm starting to think that this is a bit of a lost cause now. I'ts a shame, I liked that charter, but it got lost in a faulty hard drive incident.. and yeah..

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:15 pm
by Vilena
Found Luctor's, still looking for Destiny. Check your PM's Kiria =)

Found quite a few more that we haven't listed on the archive yet, will mail those to Kaz.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:31 pm
by Kiria Darkslayer
Vilena wrote:Found Luctor's, still looking for Destiny. Check your PM's Kiria =)

Found quite a few more that we haven't listed on the archive yet, will mail those to Kaz.
Awesome, just did, thanks :)

I really appreciate everyone's effort and help!

To be honest, I am happy to see that this community, game, etc, is still going. I had many good times back in the day.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:43 pm
by Vilena
Happy to help, and glad to see more people coming back. If you have kids, bring them too lol

If you haven't yet, you should start a kingdom and play again. Kaz recently reset, maybe only 2 days in now.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 pm
by asoc
Vilena wrote:Happy to help, and glad to see more people coming back. If you have kids, bring them too lol

If you haven't yet, you should start a kingdom and play again. Kaz recently reset, maybe only 2 days in now.
I was reading this post...

and I originally read "If you have kids, bring them too lol. If you haven't yet, you should start" and paused there for a moment before reading on.

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 am
by Vilena
pfffffffft ... I did too when I re-read after it posted. But I was like, eh, whatever, they know what I mean. Yanno what I mean? lol

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm
by Raila
Bootsy Collins wrote:Talked with Raila and she said she doesn't have it. In fact, she says she doesn't recall ever being in it but that may be a product of her age. Hope she doesn't read this! *grins*

I DID read this, you turd! Product of my age my ass... sheesh!

Re: Hello! Looking for an old, old old, old old old, charter

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:47 am
by Bootsy Collins
Hehehehe....whoops :shock: