Minecrack... err Minecraft!

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Minecrack... err Minecraft!

Postby Dauthi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 am

So anyone else play minecraft?

Some friends and I set a server for Feed the Beast mod of minecraft. Its a survival mode server, and you start with nothing, and we just got it up today....

games addicting.
Dauthi
Traveler

Re: Minecrack... err Minecraft!

Postby Tara » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:56 am

I thought ya meant minesweeper at first lol since we're all OLD now an' whatnot.

If that game's addiciting, I can't start it, sorry man, I gotta keep my addictions to a minimum 8-)
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie

Postby Jokingjoe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 am

I play on the xbox360, but not on the PC.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Gili » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:33 pm

I run my own server ( My home : http://eternalrising.net/map/#/-82/64/255/-2/0/0 ), just vanilla, no mods, no admin spawn. Just some command blocks to poke it to day if someone so wishes(helps new starters), and a teleport hub ..with connections to each players homes.

I've played around with FTB as well is nice...lots of fun with quarries, but not managed to convince my server population to migrate over. Am a bit bored with vanilla at the moment but 1.5 is soooooooooooo close.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Gili
Community Admin

Postby Dauthi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 am

Friends and I are running a FTB server, nothign fancy, each person starts with spawn and builds up on their own... we share some things, if your interested in joining PM and I'll get you the details.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Gili » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 am

What timezone are you and your server players playing on?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Gili
Community Admin

Postby Dauthi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Weekends - all day/ever day.

Weekdays - most of us get on after 9-10pm CST, till 3-4am CST.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Dauthi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Gili you still play/run a server?

I stopped playing for a while, but with FTB starting to release their 1.6 packs I was thinking of trying it again. Not sure if I can get my friends to setup a server or not again, Might try to look for someone else to setup a server/host a server.

For them who haven't played or don't know about the game, Its basicly an open sand box game that you can play when ever, alot of people play for a while, then drop it and then come back later. If your a creative person this is the game for you, you can make almost anything if you try.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Gili » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:49 am

Yeah i still run a server, am hosting Unleashed at the moment. Am waiting on the unleashed/ultimate replacement which apparently is about a week out(minus a day or two now i guess ). Am hoping my players will happy to migrate over.

If you haven't checked out StarMade yet, do so. I'm not 100% sure its THE game now, but its very close. There is a creature/AI update incoming which I'm hoping will make all the planets interesting.

Gili
Community Admin

Postby Dauthi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:46 pm

They just released the Dw20 and Horizon mod pack. Personally I'm a fan of DW20 cause I"m not a fan of gregtech. If your server switches over to a mod that doesn't have gregtech, would you mind having another player? Not sure if my friends will be setting up a server again since they don't play much, but if they did it would be a dw20.

Are you talking starbound? I've seen it but it hasn't caught my fancy, but playing the hell out of Hearthstone, now that class is all but over.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Gili » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:36 am

Aye, I've fired up test servers of both dw20 and horizon. horizon world gen was totally different, was rather a pleasant surprise.

Gregtech isn't going to be in any of the new mod packs apparently. Whilst gregtech does make the game very hard, it does add more longevity. My players hate it, and i was hoping to (as a player) try not to use IC this time around as i pretty much completed that mod on unleashed.

I've heard starbound as well, seems popular at the moment. But i was referring to star-made.org

The mod list of the unleashed replacement has thrown me a little, i desperately wanted Ars Magica in it...which seems to not be the case. One of my players is eager to do mystcraft which is also missing. Hopefully they'll add those before they release it...if not, i guess will need to re-look at DW20 or the ATLauncher modpacks

Gili
Community Admin

Postby Dauthi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Just checked out star-made.... looks interesting, something I might check out once I come back from vacation.

Gregtech makes it harder to get started and harder to get to end game stuff, but makes the game have more longevity but with all the different mods there is less need for it. That and with how some of the mods have already nerfed themselves. Like IC2 has gotten way harder and way more resource intense. Arse magica takes up alot of time to master and from what I'm hearing isn't even remotely close to finished. There are so many different types of things to do with all the mods that even if you spend a while focusing on one mod, you can decide to drop it and start focusing on another for a while and feel like your playing a total different.

Thats why I like dw20 maps, he put as much of everything he can in one modpack.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Gili » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Dauthi wrote:Just checked out star-made.... looks interesting, something I might check out once I come back from vacation.

Gregtech makes it harder to get started and harder to get to end game stuff, but makes the game have more longevity but with all the different mods there is less need for it. That and with how some of the mods have already nerfed themselves. Like IC2 has gotten way harder and way more resource intense. Arse magica takes up alot of time to master and from what I'm hearing isn't even remotely close to finished. There are so many different types of things to do with all the mods that even if you spend a while focusing on one mod, you can decide to drop it and start focusing on another for a while and feel like your playing a total different.

Thats why I like dw20 maps, he put as much of everything he can in one modpack.

Oh definitely. I'm currently leaning towards ATLauncher and the Resonant Rising mod pack. Has lots of stuff in it, including stuff i want to play with (and no gregtech!)

Gili
Community Admin

Postby Dauthi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:36 pm

never used AT luancher but i'm assuming its like FTB?

Let me know if you setup a server, I'm going on vacation for the next month so internet will be kind of choppy, but I'll give it a try.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Gili » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:40 pm

yeah just the same.

Something to consider is that my server is EU, and i know from previous US types accessing resources on it hasn't gone to tell. Thought i'd mention it ( in case you wanna check pings and such eternalrising.net ). Its a shame we don't have a pile of monarchy folks who minecraft...quite surprised to be honest as i assumed with how much of a hit its been i expected there to be loads of others who play.

Gili
Community Admin

Postby Dauthi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:57 pm

I tried the AT launcher on my laptop and didn't seem to work, FTB doesn't work on my laptop either cause it wont load more then 1 gig of ram for some reason(got 8 gigs). Might be the same reason might not, not sure. I'll check my gaming PC to see if it works later.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Gili » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Thats almost certainly cos you have 32bit java installed. If you install the 64bit one instead you should get the option in ftb to increase memory allocation (haven't checked the ATLAuncher )

Gili
Community Admin

Postby Jokingjoe » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:43 am

Why is my mind blown at the thought of Minecraft overusing system resources?
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Jokingjoe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:03 am

I just bought the PC version--mind if I try out your server, Gili?
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Gili » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:29 am

Have you played Minecraft before? I'm hosting a heavily modified version at the moment. I'd certainly advise in playing normal minecraft first. There are many hours of play with vanilla minecraft.

If there were another or few monarchy types wanting a regular minecraft server i could knock one up

Gili
Community Admin

Next

Return to Comments