Page 1 of 6
Avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:48 am
by owly
Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:25 am
by Nether
pass
Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:52 pm
by Atla
I'm gonna see it!
Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:49 pm
by owly
i want to know more about that rock that sells for 20 million per kilo.......
Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:56 pm
by bvaughan
owly wrote:i want to know more about that rock that sells for 20 million per kilo.......
yeah me too. Gotta try that stuff. When does this movie come out? I didnt see anyting about a date
Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:02 pm
by owly
i think december 18 i believe not sure on that......
Re: Avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:47 pm
by owly
Re: Avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:54 pm
by Gerien
ROTFL Owly these are all the exact same trailer.
Re: Avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:59 pm
by owly
Each one is slightly different each with 1 or 2 new scenes......
Re: Avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:21 am
by owly
Also I heard its the most expensive film ever made, big smurf cat people, i always like the small smurfs to be small and live in mushrooms....
Edit/I'm going to wait till the 20ith where it be on hawkings movies on the computer lol.....
Re: Avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:23 pm
by Bogumil
I saw it last night. All I have to say is it was awesome. I loved so many different things about the movie. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Re: Avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:20 pm
by Atla
I've heard it's been receiving some flak over being anti-american and anti-christian or some crap like that.
It's entertainment folks, be entertained or otherwise - don't get all uppity over a MOVIE.
Myself, as a snobby glorified American and a devoted Christian...I'll be seeing it. ;>
Just not this weekend, stupid GLOBAL WARMING and the 18 inches of snow outside. Even my rig is struggling through it.
Re: Avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:35 am
by owly
i went to a hawk site and tried to watch it but all 21 copies that the only site that got it right now, but they was all the same thing. All 21 copies you can hear the same baby crying lol, and all the copies didn't want to play the whole movie. Looks like i'm going to have to wait for a good hawked video. i'll see it in two days

.......
Re: Avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:25 pm
by Teanos
Uh, by "hawked" video you mean you are going to the theater and paying the $7-$10 (whatever your fare is) and watching it LEGALLY and not through some internet download Warez half-hacked site, right?
Because we don't promote that type of illegal/copyright infringement stuff around here.
Re: Avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:20 pm
by owly
My good friend name is Mike Hawkins and we joke around he sells boxing videos. We call it Hawkins Videos lol. i call everything Hawkins video. i thought leaving links to pirated video web site was illegal here and not just talking about it, i won't mention it again....
Re: Avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:50 pm
by owly
yeah, a new hope was a good movie. really, the original three were the best but the problem is alot of the more modern films nowadays seem to boast more about how much cash they can milk for explosions and special effects over story depth which is great if you're young and don't really care about story and all that but sucks if you're interested in there being some edpth to a movie to go along with the nice special effects......
it's really a matter of personal taste i guess......
Honestly i havent seen a good movie since ironman/incredible hulk to tell ya the truth and there were a handful of fanboys pissed off with that movie too believe it or not.
but they managed to hold a decent amount of story to go along with the special effects was it epic storytelling? heck no but it was interesting. it made you feel involved in the movie rather than just sitting back and looking at the pretty colors whizz by.
that was the probelm with the new starwars, and the transformer flicks. they were all about the special effects and strigning along a little story in betweens hit gettin blowed up.......
well, except episode three where they really needed a fuckton of action over all those boring senate scenes where palpatine was basically taking control (since when did the series become about palapatine anyway?)......
it's a fine line really i guess. but usually in my book if a movie's budget is mostly spent on the special effects i am not gonna interested in it because it means 8 out of 10 times that they're using big explosions, giant robots, armies of clones and fancy blue cgi warriors in loin cloths to cover a shoestring script......
some of the better films out there have a small budget. why? because it means that they have to come up with something to say or something with a little more meat to keep you interested. district 9~which i heard was just epic~was made on a very modest budget, return of the living dead was made on a budget that was ridiculously low even for it's time (borrowed animal products from the local deli, reusing the same boards over and over again and tons of volunteer actors not to meniton very minimal set.) but hey, everyone has their own reason to like/dislike a movie......
I see the preview for this avatar movie and all i see is super fancy special effects, so far.....
and i concur, teenage mutant ninja turtles would be lost on people today. it really would but for it's time it was epic. i remember being all excited about it being live action cus i was a huge turtles fan when i was a teenager (still am in some ways) and seeing them all "real" and not as a cartoon was badass although they couldn't keep that momentum going in the other two films. there was a fourth live aciton planned where they were in space and ended up meeting the triceratons but it never came to pass due to how bad the third one was......
Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:39 am
by owly
i seen it! it's wicked kewl you guys got to see it......
i want to say more but i don't want to be a spoiler......
Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 am
by darkhorse
Hey Owly, did you find out what the rock is that sells for 20 mil a kilo?
Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 am
by Nagash
Bogumil wrote:I saw it last night. All I have to say is it was awesome. I loved so many different things about the movie. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Do explain, master Bogieboo. I saw "James Cameron" and was quite inclined to skip it just based on that.

Re: Avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:56 am
by MoP
Nagash wrote:Bogumil wrote:I saw it last night. All I have to say is it was awesome. I loved so many different things about the movie. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Do explain, master Bogieboo. I saw "James Cameron" and was quite inclined to skip it just based on that.

You don't like sinking ships?