I didn't screw this one up yet ... but I am working on it!
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:16 am
Yeah. Work with this chick. She is awesome as shit. She and I get along just fine. She had some recent boyfriend issues, but I kept my distance cause I have developed a feeling for her ... I think they call it "Like."
Either way, its a work environment, I see her 4 days in a row each week, so needless to say, for the past year I have kind of not cared about her much. She is cool and stuff, but I thought it was a messy situation to get into. Recently that changed.
She and I have hit it off talking and the like. People at work (in department) keep saying how cute of a couple we are. She hated her BF for some messed up weird stuff. (like telling her that if she didn't become a nurse, he wouldn't marry her and allow her to have his kids) So, couple days ago she dumped him.
Here is where it gets messy.
I walked into a shit storm Thursday. She was off, I came in at my appointed time. My manager and I were talking about how she had it rough the day before, mainly because she had fraud in excess of 3 grand on her debit card AND dumped her live-in BF of 3 years all in one night. She left early from work that day. Sucked to be her.
Anyways, my manager says, "Hey yeah, she really got the shaft there. She is a good girl though, really tough. I bet she will be fine."
I agree.
Manager says, "I think she deserves someone who will treat her well."
I agree.
Manager looks at me and says, "I was just checking for any facial expressions when I said someone other than you. I knew you liked her! Oh my god I am going to play matchmaker."
I get red in the face (see I am human) as every woman in department, from hot to crazy gets jumpy and starts saying that she dumped her BF and I should rush over to her desk on Sunday, sweep her out of the cubicle and propose to her on the spot.
I get pissed. Rightfully so.
This chick is a friend of mine. I don't want to loose that. Honestly. Sure I fear the rejection especially since I work with her and can't really hide away from this one that easily. She is in the middle of a messy life. She won't need long to fix it, hopefully, cause my manager is already itching to get involved.
It is funny, most of my department want her and I to happen. Actually all except our token gay guy. He wants us to stay a family environment, not a "make-a-family" environment. I don't entirely disagree with him. But I know she is cool. She is different from other women I have pursued and/or dated.
She is the one good one I have met in probably 10 years.
Losing this one cause of outside intervention is outside of my control but kind of ... well ... it fucking sucks.
I hate high school style moves.
I give it 5 days from now and either this will be the best thing that ever happened (21% chance) or, more likely, (79% chance) because she and I got close as she decided to drop her current BF, I miscalculated she just needed someone to talk to about her break up and then thought it was her being interested.
Seriously, I have had so many bad relationships, quasi-relationships, attempted relationships experiences, and women I failed on, that I really don't want another mess up in my work life.
We will see.
Time will tell. But the truth is ... like many of you are probably say, this sounds like dismal failure.
My friends say let it play out. See what she does when 15 giggling womenfolk go to her and laud me as the second coming of Jesus Christ. I don't think that will work. I think she will say ... most predictably: "Reylan is just a friend. He is not my type."
I am her type though. I just hide it. I try to be so cool about how much I drink and shit. Sure its fun, but it isn't me. She thinks I am some sort of player. I try to explain that though there are many women involved and so much drama, I never sleep with these women. I fail long before that.
We will see, like I said.
I am already writing her off for now. We talk from time to time, but that is just banter over text and work. I might just lie low for a bit.
Did I mention she is smoking hot and a conservative? Yeah.
Anyways.
Just thought I would let you all know, depression is sorta in check with meds and things are ... well, they are very similar to how they were before. Just I am down one bartender and up one best friend. The bartender is a gold digger. The best friend just got a great girlfriend. She is sweet as hell and a great fit.
He thinks she might be the one.
Hehe.
My younger brother got a great girl too. My family thinks he might be getting married soon.
My buddy at work is about to ask his girlfriend to marry him. She will accept cause they are perfect together.
Leaving me.
All I want is to fit with someone. I have five candidates. I call them the Final 5.
Most of them are dating someone. Some of them have been missing for years now.
One of them is off the list. Ex-Girlfriend from 10 yrs ago. We hang and talk, but we are better friends. I'd do her ... but that is really it. I'd do her a lot. Every way I can. But not date/relationship. She is not my type.
The second is with a controlling asshole boyfriend. I went to ask her out at Noodles & Company one day. I had worked up the courage quickly, with little thought. The girl at work reminds me of her a little. Rough and tumble but graceful in tough situations. She sat down from lunch, I was about to ask her to go to dinner that Friday and she cut me off, apologizing and said, "I have this guy Kyle you have to meet. I haven't told you about him because he is a real nice guy and I don't want you all scaring him off before it can work out."
My heart did not break, just kind of reeled back and was like, "Really? Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"
I recovered fast and said nothing of it to her. She knows though. We don't talk anymore ... he won't let her associate with me for no fucking reason.
Yeah.
Enough of this shit.
You get the drift.
Fucking sucks.
But hey, I have a wonderful kid sister, I am smoke free, I have a job, I have great friends, great family, my buddy with leukemia is fighting and winning that battle, and I am slowly but surely winning the war against my depression.
I am just lonely.
Oh yeah ... and I need to get laid something fierce.
LOL
So yeah, the same but different.
Peace!
Either way, its a work environment, I see her 4 days in a row each week, so needless to say, for the past year I have kind of not cared about her much. She is cool and stuff, but I thought it was a messy situation to get into. Recently that changed.
She and I have hit it off talking and the like. People at work (in department) keep saying how cute of a couple we are. She hated her BF for some messed up weird stuff. (like telling her that if she didn't become a nurse, he wouldn't marry her and allow her to have his kids) So, couple days ago she dumped him.
Here is where it gets messy.
I walked into a shit storm Thursday. She was off, I came in at my appointed time. My manager and I were talking about how she had it rough the day before, mainly because she had fraud in excess of 3 grand on her debit card AND dumped her live-in BF of 3 years all in one night. She left early from work that day. Sucked to be her.
Anyways, my manager says, "Hey yeah, she really got the shaft there. She is a good girl though, really tough. I bet she will be fine."
I agree.
Manager says, "I think she deserves someone who will treat her well."
I agree.
Manager looks at me and says, "I was just checking for any facial expressions when I said someone other than you. I knew you liked her! Oh my god I am going to play matchmaker."
I get red in the face (see I am human) as every woman in department, from hot to crazy gets jumpy and starts saying that she dumped her BF and I should rush over to her desk on Sunday, sweep her out of the cubicle and propose to her on the spot.
I get pissed. Rightfully so.
This chick is a friend of mine. I don't want to loose that. Honestly. Sure I fear the rejection especially since I work with her and can't really hide away from this one that easily. She is in the middle of a messy life. She won't need long to fix it, hopefully, cause my manager is already itching to get involved.
It is funny, most of my department want her and I to happen. Actually all except our token gay guy. He wants us to stay a family environment, not a "make-a-family" environment. I don't entirely disagree with him. But I know she is cool. She is different from other women I have pursued and/or dated.
She is the one good one I have met in probably 10 years.
Losing this one cause of outside intervention is outside of my control but kind of ... well ... it fucking sucks.
I hate high school style moves.
I give it 5 days from now and either this will be the best thing that ever happened (21% chance) or, more likely, (79% chance) because she and I got close as she decided to drop her current BF, I miscalculated she just needed someone to talk to about her break up and then thought it was her being interested.
Seriously, I have had so many bad relationships, quasi-relationships, attempted relationships experiences, and women I failed on, that I really don't want another mess up in my work life.
We will see.
Time will tell. But the truth is ... like many of you are probably say, this sounds like dismal failure.
My friends say let it play out. See what she does when 15 giggling womenfolk go to her and laud me as the second coming of Jesus Christ. I don't think that will work. I think she will say ... most predictably: "Reylan is just a friend. He is not my type."
I am her type though. I just hide it. I try to be so cool about how much I drink and shit. Sure its fun, but it isn't me. She thinks I am some sort of player. I try to explain that though there are many women involved and so much drama, I never sleep with these women. I fail long before that.
We will see, like I said.
I am already writing her off for now. We talk from time to time, but that is just banter over text and work. I might just lie low for a bit.
Did I mention she is smoking hot and a conservative? Yeah.
Anyways.
Just thought I would let you all know, depression is sorta in check with meds and things are ... well, they are very similar to how they were before. Just I am down one bartender and up one best friend. The bartender is a gold digger. The best friend just got a great girlfriend. She is sweet as hell and a great fit.
He thinks she might be the one.
Hehe.
My younger brother got a great girl too. My family thinks he might be getting married soon.
My buddy at work is about to ask his girlfriend to marry him. She will accept cause they are perfect together.
Leaving me.
All I want is to fit with someone. I have five candidates. I call them the Final 5.
Most of them are dating someone. Some of them have been missing for years now.
One of them is off the list. Ex-Girlfriend from 10 yrs ago. We hang and talk, but we are better friends. I'd do her ... but that is really it. I'd do her a lot. Every way I can. But not date/relationship. She is not my type.
The second is with a controlling asshole boyfriend. I went to ask her out at Noodles & Company one day. I had worked up the courage quickly, with little thought. The girl at work reminds me of her a little. Rough and tumble but graceful in tough situations. She sat down from lunch, I was about to ask her to go to dinner that Friday and she cut me off, apologizing and said, "I have this guy Kyle you have to meet. I haven't told you about him because he is a real nice guy and I don't want you all scaring him off before it can work out."
My heart did not break, just kind of reeled back and was like, "Really? Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"
I recovered fast and said nothing of it to her. She knows though. We don't talk anymore ... he won't let her associate with me for no fucking reason.
Yeah.
Enough of this shit.
You get the drift.
Fucking sucks.
But hey, I have a wonderful kid sister, I am smoke free, I have a job, I have great friends, great family, my buddy with leukemia is fighting and winning that battle, and I am slowly but surely winning the war against my depression.
I am just lonely.
Oh yeah ... and I need to get laid something fierce.
LOL
So yeah, the same but different.
Peace!