Page 1 of 2
20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:47 pm
by Gerien
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 pm
by owly
You can take 5 bong hits in one minute
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:53 pm
by bvaughan
Six if you're really committed
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:06 pm
by TEVA
can eat a bowl cereal in 20 minutes
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:03 am
by asoc
Is any of this supposed to bother me?
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:28 am
by Atla
Don't buy Nike, buy Wolverine Boots.. I love mine.
All the classiyness of cowboy boots, but all the usefulness of work boots.
I use mine to stomp my accelerator.
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:33 am
by owly
i like to see a world wide one done.....
Good find, where did you get this from.....
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:40 am
by asoc
Some of that is global, the ones that are in the United States only state as much.
It is just a propaganda thingy trying to shock people into action.
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:53 am
by Teanos
I have a pair of Wolverine Snow Boots. Well, they are not specifically Snow Boots but I use them as such. They come about half way up my calf and are great for stomping ice. Plus they are waterproof, my footsies never get wet.
They are just black boots, so I have occassionally worn them to work with a polo and dress slacks on those really snowy/icey days. They are great.
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 pm
by losmar
Interesting look. I too wonder what things would look like in a country-by-country breakdown instead of a slight comparison to the top of the food-chain.
I too had Wolverine boots, bought them almost exactly 3 yrs ago; someone cleaned the garage and tossed them out 2 yrs ago
Ended up with some Redwings last year for Christmas. I too used them as "dress" shoes before too, they usually stay nicer longer too, even though I use them regularly.
I think though that we don't get very many statistics from other countries because they're too poor to realize the potential of statistics in changing/monitoring things. Or they're just too embarrassed to publish them to us; both in the sense that they aren't as cool as the U.S.A. and that they aren't progressing as they should/could be.
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:58 pm
by Atla
It's just some anti-American horseshit as usual.
Evil us for being capitalists and being a free enough nation that people earn money through ingenuity, hard work, and the desire to profit and better themselves.
BAD! BAD FREEDOM!
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:41 pm
by Gem
what exactly, are you calling "anti-American horseshit"?
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:43 pm
by owly
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:08 pm
by Nagash
I was expecting a sex joke... but this is cool. I can rest assured now, knowing that I make more money than the average person.

Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:18 am
by Gerien
"Nagash makes another baby."
There you go, Naggie-poo.
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:07 pm
by Nagash
Thanks mate, appreciate it!

Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:44 pm
by Gili
so, at the bottom of that list...18 die from starvation is that from the US i take it? Seems a bit of a crap statistic for a world wide thing or some scummy third world country, but 18 starvation per minute in the US seems a bit high :S
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:03 pm
by Atla
Average American household makes $0.096 a min.
Average World Person makes $0.013 a min.
Must be Obama's brother.
Mwhahaha.
American ITer makes $0.13.
Indian ITer makes $0.025.
3 Violent crimes.. in the US.
2 Car thefts... in the US.
Than they show the amount of waste American has.
Gem wrote:what exactly, are you calling "anti-American horseshit"?
All the above is Anti-American horseshit.
Don't get me wrong, it's more than likely truth. But the horseshit is the way they throw the facts in your face to make you feel bad about yourself. Typical liberal/eco-weenie/communist/do-gooder/feel-gooder crap.
Where are countries like Russia, China, European Union, etc at? They're world powers also.
And it's not OUR fault other countries suck and they're people aren't as prosperous. Maybe it's because of their GOVERNMENT.
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:39 am
by Gem
I would hardly call it anti American horseshit because most of the statistics were gathered from US centric sites and research (at least that is what I got from the list at the bottom the chart). Come to think of it I highly doubt that it is designed to make anyone feel bad about anything but rather to show the wild numbers gathered from research that end up being pretty useless because they are so huge (as it says at the top). More like food for thought.
Not everything is designed to be anti American propaganda.
Re: 20 things that happen in one minute
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 pm
by Atla
Yes it is! ;p
On a more serious note, the reason other countries suck is overwhelming because of their form of government and their restrictions on freedom and the right to prosper.