New Music?

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
Amb
Wayfarer
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 am

New Music?

Post by Amb » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:06 am

So I'm boreddddddddddd.. and since I tend to listen to music a LOT, I decided to see if any of you have any music you're totally loving right now that I should take for a test run :)

And if any one needs suggestions themselves, right now my 2 favorites are:
Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly
Audience of One by Rise Against

Yes, two vastly different sounding songs LOL but I love em both.. and there's not much I won't listen to at least once ;)
~*If you're going to walk on thin ice, why not DANCE*~

TGH - Always in my Heart

User avatar
Kethry
Beautiful
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:24 am
Location: Actionville, FL
Contact:

Re: New Music?

Post by Kethry » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:07 am

I've been listening to a local band, Hello Danger, lately. They're a little bit more poppy than I generally prefer, but I'm too old to be worried about sticking to one genre and feeling like I need to make excuses about listening to what I like anymore. XD I have no idea if their music is online anywhere outside of MySpace, but here's a link to that, if you're interested: http://www.myspace.com/hellodanger

Other than that, here's a couple that have been on heavy rotation lately:

Think Before You Die - Bad Religion
The Sharpest Lives - My Chemical Romance
The Leaving Song Pt. 2 - A.F.I.
Papparazzi - Lady GaGa

Yeah, I know. XD Love me some Flogging Molly, though!
LoF for life! *hits up Sargz0r all ni...all the time*
Whit Happens!
<Dreamskull> dysh has a large mouth and pouncing abilities, you just need to get them working for you
I accidentally Evernight...is this bad?

User avatar
Amb
Wayfarer
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 am

Re: New Music?

Post by Amb » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:56 am

I've just discovered Flogging Molly.. couple days ago a friend of mine told me that my ringtone on his phone is Drunken Lullabies so I was curious and had to check it out.. and fell in love!

My Chemical Romance and AFI are awesome :) and will admit that I do enjoy a few Lady GaGa songs, as does my 6yr old.. think my favorite of hers is Bad Romance
~*If you're going to walk on thin ice, why not DANCE*~

TGH - Always in my Heart

User avatar
bvaughan
Traveler
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: Wilmington,NC

Re: New Music?

Post by bvaughan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:36 pm

I just recently ran across a new artist named mayer hawthorne hes a a guy from right outside detroit and he does that old school motown feel, hes amazing you should check him out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBKx8PyE5qQ

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: New Music?

Post by Gerien » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Kethry wrote:I've been listening to a local band, Hello Danger, lately. They're a little bit more poppy than I generally prefer, but I'm too old to be worried about sticking to one genre and feeling like I need to make excuses about listening to what I like anymore. XD I have no idea if their music is online anywhere outside of MySpace, but here's a link to that, if you're interested: http://www.myspace.com/hellodanger
Perfect teen movie music. You can't help but kind like it.

[edit]And yes, I'm back.[/edit]
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: New Music?

Post by owly » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:04 am

wb
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: New Music?

Post by Nether » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 am

I've been listening to 30 seconds to mars

Songs-
The Kill
Stronger
Fallen
Re-Evolve

and of course you can never go wrong with Breaking Benjamin

Kill Switch Engage - End of Heartache isn't bad either
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: New Music?

Post by owly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 am

Hatama got me listen to the new 'Train' they ain't bad but i like old Bob Marley song maybe also Peter Tosh or Gregory Isaacs all reggae singers i almost listen to any kind of music tho.........
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Mickal Redwater
Explorer
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Middle of the Desert
Contact:

Re: New Music?

Post by Mickal Redwater » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 am

I just saw Flogging Molly (Metric opened) on St. Patricks Day here in Tempe.
Was awesome. Was a little drunk, but not as drunk as after the concert.
They are great live.

Been taking some music advice from Nagash, had some great ones if you're into the genre he sent (Try Anathema )

But Rise Agaisnt - Savior is one of my favorite songs.

Have you tried Bullet for my Valentine: Tears Don't Fall? first one that comes to mind :P i got like 13,000 songs on my ipod, but would need more info to come up with some good ones for you ;)

I go see Muse with Silversun Pickups this week though! Totally different genre than what oyu said.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

User avatar
bigSparky
Explorer
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
Location: lost between Elvis and suicide

Re: New Music?

Post by bigSparky » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:18 am

So what radio station do you listen to Nether? Seems like bob or the cat are the best bet that I've found, and they kinda suck. I reeeeealyyy miss 91X out of San Diego :(
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

User avatar
Amb
Wayfarer
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 am

Re: New Music?

Post by Amb » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 am

Nether wrote:I've been listening to 30 seconds to mars

Songs-
The Kill
Stronger
Fallen
Re-Evolve

and of course you can never go wrong with Breaking Benjamin
oohh.. all bands I like also :) lol The Kill is a great song, and always love Breaking Benjamin
Mickal Redwater wrote:But Rise Agaisnt - Savior is one of my favorite songs.
That is my favorite song! Totally in love with it!


You guys are coming up with some great music LOL some bands I hadn't thought of in a while, and some new stuff :)
~*If you're going to walk on thin ice, why not DANCE*~

TGH - Always in my Heart

User avatar
Grunt
Teacher
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: New Music?

Post by Grunt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:00 am

I mainly listen to old music
Here are a few that are on my list

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: New Music?

Post by Nether » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:06 am

Sparky I listen to the katt, but mostly I just listen to music on youtube
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: New Music?

Post by Nether » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:09 am

Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: New Music?

Post by owly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:56 pm

kewl grunt i didn't know you was into the church scene.....

Nether Hatama liked your song
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Amb
Wayfarer
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 am

Re: New Music?

Post by Amb » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:25 am

~*If you're going to walk on thin ice, why not DANCE*~

TGH - Always in my Heart

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests