Page 1 of 4

The Glen

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:37 am
by Decae
Wanted to stop by and see the new digs. I was a bit surprised that a) my name wasn't taken and b) that I hadn't registered before.

My mind wanders back to the group, the friends, and the history from time to time. Nice to see so many familiar names and "faces" - or I guess, simply, avatars of a time long ago. As we know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions and that my constant plan, well intentioned as it was, to take this place to the next level never materialized. And I fear, because of that and my ill-timed absences, the hope of a true future for Evernight Games, Monarchy, Canon or any of its subbrands are to be delegated to the unknown corners of the World Wide Web.

I hope Kaz has better luck and wish him and his merry-band good luck in their efforts. If you don't mind, I'll lurk and post from time to time. Unless an amazing amount of free time somehow materializes in my life, I will never again be able to rejoin the community in a true manner, but wanted to say hello. I was able to spend fifteen minutes searching for a suitable icon though - that made me smile to myself.

Re: The Glen

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 am
by Grunt
Personally I think everyone would love it if you posted more
You are the brainstorm that has kept this community together for a decade
we have jr high students getting a doctorate that travel oceans to see other players
you really did a great thing and you should be proud
I think we reached a dozen marriages tho not sure lost count at 8
we have had happy times and sad times
you sir have made it all possible

Re: The Glen

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:47 am
by Venus
You made this all happen , you made us all come together in the beginning, it wouldn't quite be right if u didn't lurk and post:> the only reason this place is still here is so we all have somewhere to go, believe me, that includes you to:>
good to see u around.

Re: The Glen

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:35 am
by MoP
Welcome back, Decae. We're all awaiting more posts from you ;)

Re: The Glen

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am
by Nagash
Good to see you again, mate! :)

By all means do lurk and post, it'd be good to have you in our midst. :)

Re: The Glen

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:17 pm
by Gili
Hey, nice to see your about :) Hope all is well

Re: The Glen

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:28 am
by Amb
Good to see you around! :) I have to agree that we'd all love to see you lurking around posting once in a while! You are in honesty the reason that we're all here today, and even when we leave for years at a time, we always seem to come back eventually :D

Re: The Glen

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:55 am
by TEVA
Welcome back this place needs you around so lurk away.

Re: The Glen

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:32 am
by Maverick
Good to see you, hope everything is going well.

Re: The Glen

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:51 am
by owly
WB the place didn't seem right with out you.........

Re: The Glen

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:53 am
by Droevig
Decae!

You know, seeing a post from you in a thread i was active in always made me want to crap my pants. Scary man that you are.

I also remember wafting through the pictures of a Monarchy/Canon get together.... I cant remember where it was but I do remember seeing a picture of you in leather pants.... I wasn't afraid after that

Re: The Glen

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:18 am
by Taldric
Nice to see you, D. How ya been? Feel free to join me in random lurking. I might swing by your way some time, still trying to figure out my roadtrip/summer plans.

Re: The Glen

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:27 am
by DeviusZwei
I shall continue to stand by my stance that Decae is incredibly awesome. I like the quote you mentioned, about the road to hell and good intentions and such, but I think this is a bit of a different matter. There are many factors to be taken into consideration when trying to understand the lack of growth of an online community like this. I wouldn't blame yourself too much honestly. Besides, just remember the good ole days, they don't ever go away, they stay with us, each, in a memory of a past time, and those times still put a smile on my face today.

Thanks for everything over all the years, and it's good to see you again.

Re: The Glen

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:17 am
by Atla
Who are you again? ;p

Re: The Glen

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:57 am
by Nato
There are some things I wish I could forget. ;p

Re: The Glen

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:55 pm
by Nether
The man with the leather pants returns.

Re: The Glen

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 pm
by Atla
Nato wrote:There are some things I wish I could forget. ;p
You had fish taco's again eh?

Re: The Glen

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 pm
by Nether
mmm fish tacos

Re: The Glen

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 am
by bvaughan
wow theres a name i had completely forgotten it had been so long since i played this game and just seeing it brought back a rush of memories of my younger days, thats pretty awesome, nice to see you around. thanks for everything you've done.

Re: The Glen

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:36 am
by losmar
Cool.