Page 1 of 2

This should be interesting.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:02 am
by Silverwolfe
I have been trying to get deployed since I have been in the army. Finally heading out. the middle of the month.

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:59 am
by MoP
Good luck, and be careful!

Where ya heading go?

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:42 pm
by Grunt
Stay safe and stay strong

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 pm
by owly
Always have a man in front of you that way if a bullet gets in it gets him

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:47 am
by Silverwolfe
lookin forward to it. And I will be sitting in a blackhawk on a gun my entire deployment.... so I dont feel to bad.

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:11 am
by Grunt
I have ridden in helicopters a few times and always exciting
So what do you shoot out of the side
Technerd was a phalanx tech
those pump out lead faster than BP pumps oil

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 am
by MoP
Grunt wrote:those pump out lead faster than BP pumps oil
They don't really 'pump' oil these days...

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:18 pm
by Atla
Awesome man!

Watch your six, I've been keeping an eye on Honor The Fallen and you Army guys are getting waxed like crazy.

(It's a fairly depressing way to start the morning by checking if any of my buddies are dead)

http://militarytimes.com/valor/index.php

I envy you man. Keep your head down and make your shots count. And if your a Pogue/REMF, keep your eyes open on the convoys. Other than avoiding IEDs, ya still might get the opportunity to kill some nasties.

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:41 pm
by Droevig
For fear of having my face ripped off....

Let's remember those people you're killing are also someone's son/brother/father/buddy.

Stay safe but don't be greedy either

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:11 pm
by Grunt
Those we are fighting have their son/brother/father/buddy cheering loudly when they blow themslf up at a wedding or funeral or school

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:57 pm
by Atla
Yeah, the humanity in me hits the door when these people videotape themselves cutting our captured boys heads off and use it as recruiting ads.

And I'm the sucker that always donates to Help the Cute Little Orphan charities.

We spent -hours- playing Death by Powerpoint in Infantry Training, mind numbing stuff(Some days 9 hours with only chow/piss breaks). Enough that guys were sneaking in dip and spitting into the butt stocks of their M16's. So they'd play us vid's from Iraq/Afghanistan to keep us awake and focused.

I doubt you've ever seen someone have their head cut off, it ain't all cool and shit like in the movies with a big sword. They stick a knife in your throat and SAW it off...while you're still alive. Don't look fun.

Or we'd see footage of body parts of little kids scattered like fucking confetti after a bombing.

There's some footage of the Baghdad sniper out there also.
http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=med ... E82-878E-5

But we did get to see some cool shit also.

They got a video of an Iraqi in a building firing an RPG at someone. A second later he gets up and turns to run and a tank blows the entire corner of the building away.

Groovy.

Anywho. I don't feel no remorse for them.

Besides, not every generation gets the opportunity to spread the fear of America by destroying it's enemies in combat! TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY!

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:49 am
by Droevig
Yeah cuz we don't have any proof of torture in american prisons in afganistan.

And no one cheers on your side when you kill an enemy.

Is every German responsible for what Hitler did? They were told to fight, brainwashed and did what they thought was right.

And Grunt... That sounds a lot like the IRA to me.... yet the response was totally different

Just because it is not your belief does not make it any less invalid, or their life worth any less. They are human beings. While I understand you are serving the beliefs of your country and that you do what you are told as it IS kill or be killed in most situations, I will not justify the disgusting disrespect and disregard for human life.

edit: And that is all I will say on the topic, no one ever wins these pissing contests, but I know you'll post a drawn out reason why their life is worth so little to you.

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:14 am
by Grunt
The IRA also did not come half way around the world to attack me or more important Atla

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 am
by MoP
So the people IRA killed were worth less than the people Al Quada killed because they weren't American?

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:39 am
by Gili
I think you guys need to work on the presumption that "the boys" are out there killing combatants.

Atla is just trolling you guys :p

Shouldn't go over old wounds...but i distinctly remember the different attitudes of US types once 9/11 happened to folks like the IRA. Pre 9/11 we even had someone on these boards with a Sinn Fein slogan in his sig...can you imagine one of us with a Al Queda slogan in ours.

Stay safe/best of luck to any of ours out there.

Finally to quote Firefly

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:38 pm
by Grunt
MoP wrote:So the people IRA killed were worth less than the people Al Quada killed because they weren't American?
I do not think America should go to War anytime anyone anywhere is attacked
UK should have gone to war with the IRA and they did
I am sure that the US helped them
I would not say worth less just not Americans so not Americas direct responsibility

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:38 pm
by Atla
How the fuck am I trolling?
Yeah cuz we don't have any proof of torture in american prisons in afganistan.
It's pretty hard to compare waterboarding for information that may save lives to filmed/televised beheading for recruitment propaganda.
And no one cheers on your side when you kill an enemy.
Oh shit yeah we do. I just saw a segment on tv yesterday about an Army Ranger(Or was it Green Beret?) putting a vietnam-era tomahawk through an insurgents face when he grabbed his weapon out of his hands during entry into a building.

Massive bragging rights.

Personally, I wanna be the first in the Corps to kill one with my MRE spoon.

(Okay - that part may be trolling. :P)
Is every German responsible for what Hitler did? They were told to fight, brainwashed and did what they thought was right.
Every German that did not in some way shape or form attempt to undermine Hitlers madness is guilty of crimes against humanity. IMHO.

It's not hard to look at what the Nazis/Soviets/Taliban/Hamas/IRA/etc -DID- to see that they were wrong.

Attempting to exterminate an entire race or to use terrorism against non-combatants is vastly different than us risking our asses to protect Americans/Iraqis/Afghanies/South Koreans/Vietnamese/British/etc.

You know, protecting people.
I will not justify the disgusting disrespect and disregard for human life.
Darling, there are a lot of folks out there who have no respect or regard for YOU.

And they ain't in some foreign country thousands of miles away. They're in your town, on your bus, in the grocery line next to you.

If you don't believe me, turn the news on.
I know you'll post a drawn out reason why their life is worth so little to you.
It's simple.

Their lives are worth so little to me because mine and yours are.

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:33 pm
by Silverwolfe
You know, I really dont normally LIKE devil dogs.... but Atla is pretty cool.. but that could just be cause I have been reading his posts for.... a god awful long time. :D I agree with Atla tho. If those bastards are trying to kill, hurt, injure, maim those I love then I am all for killing them. No hesitation and no regrets. And Atla... alot of us Army boys are dieing cuz theres alot more of us over there. :P

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:44 am
by Grunt
It's not hard to look at what the Nazis/Soviets/Taliban/Hamas/IRA/etc -DID- to see that they were wrong.
That is the key quote from Atla I think all the moral relevant supporters do not see
Killing someone who seeks to kill innocents is a good thing
One side protects innocents one side targets innocents
It is not hard to see who to root for
Yet for some reason there are so many useful idiots in the world

Re: This should be interesting.

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 am
by Nether
Don't forget your marshmellos, I hear its wicked hard to get good marshmellows over there.