Page 1 of 3

Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:11 am
by Lady Maven
No, like seriously. Any of you in Nevad, Reno specifically? Anyone want to come here?? I am in desperate need of an alcohol induced rampage and my woman is laid up after back surgery.

Or hell, in a few weeks I will be in Illinois. Alton. I have NO fucking idea where Illinois is, near Missouri I think, so I have even less of a notion where Alton is. But if YOU do and you want get together let me know. I mean I can't binge for a week, cause I am visiting my son and grandson, and my ex in laws already think I am the devil, but that don't mean we can't sneak away for a bit. And since my ex husband is staying with my son because .. I don't know, some tragic thing happened with some woman he was with, I don't care so I don't recall all the details, I will be staying at whatever passes for a decent hotel in the sticks.

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:19 pm
by Nagash
Alcohol induced rampage seems nice, but it's a bit much for me to go to Reno for it.

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm
by Jezebel
Alcohol induced rampage seems nice, but it's a bit much for me to go to Reno for it
A pity, because you can party all night long in Reno. I remember how shocked I was when I discovered that the bars/pubs didn't have a close time in Reno. Not that I was thrown out of many bars prior to moving to Reno...

Since I just drove to Windsor from Texas and back, I highly suggest you stay on the Missouri side. It will be a LOT cheaper, particularly in gas! Then you won't go through what I did because I refused to pay for expensive Illinois gas. I was on empty at the Missouri border, buying gas from the toothless owner of a isolated, run down gas station/garage, feeling very much like I was dropped into a scene from Deliverance, and praying I wouldn't have to squeal like a piggie to get gas.

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:22 am
by Lady Maven
Jez, I know what you mean, I drove through Sun Valley yesterday and pioneer last week. That is some crazy shit.

And while the casinos and bars stay open late have you noticed how much alcohol is in a regular store?? It is CRAZY!! 13.99 for an 18 pack of Natural ice. 'Ta loca!

Sabes que? I will go to Cali to buy my home booze. I tried to set up a home bar, hmmph, not here I won't.

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:33 am
by Lilim Savanant
if i win the lottery at the weekend i'll take a flight out and get wasted. :P

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:00 am
by Kaz
I'm here

Image

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:01 am
by Lady Maven
You know Kaz, that is one thing I really like about your neck of the woods. All of your towns sound so damned cool. Except Woking. Seriously what the hell??

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:31 am
by Sylandra
Grrr I hate laptops ith mysterious keypad bullshit combos that lose my post two characters from completion of post.

OK, again. If your ol' man would come and help me put a battery in my fucking car, I would drive over and we could drink and gamble. Often. Mayhap this might stop your whoring out of yourself here as if you've not friend in the world who isn't too gimp to drive over. And maybe stop you whoring me out too?

Naw. I now better.

But wow. I never thought typing whore or some form of it, twice in a post about you could feel so...right!

*hugs*

Now get yer ol' man here to fix my battery prollum (and tell him I'd love him long time but yer fuckin' EVIL so that's a no go however i will PL a character of his choice in WoW if needs be to entice him here to help...lol). Im' kinda drunk. So "prollum" is how I said it, and how I typed it.

OH! As an aside, I am drunk cuz we (Josephine and I) went and took pics of the new house today. It is completely bitchin' (yup, born and raised in Cali so I can SAY bitchin' if I wanna) and for your enjoyment, here is a pic of our heated pool and spa! The window upstairs is mine and the priveledge of swimming naked under the stars is mine as well. Seemed like a reaosn to celebrate so Skyy vodka was my AOC!

Image

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:52 am
by Lady Maven
We will be there next Tuesday, gotta sell a couple orf my gliders. My glider habit has grown a weee bit out of control again.

And really, you will get drunk wif me? I feel all warm and gooey.

Or at least i hope that is why my pants feel all warm and gooey...

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:09 pm
by Kenos
On a side note, that whole open container legislation so many US states have is pretty fucked up. I am outraged to see the god given right to consume alcohol in public places being trampled on. Fortunatly when I was in the US my New York hotel had a lobby with these big glass windows on the side of the street so I almost could feel like I could peacefully consume my alcohol in a public place :(

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 pm
by Lady Maven
It doesn't bug me. I do my drinking at home usually or indoors. A bunch of wandering drunks creep me out more than waiting til i get home to crack open a cold one.

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:34 pm
by Lilim Savanant
Lady Maven wrote:You know Kaz, that is one thing I really like about your neck of the woods. All of your towns sound so damned cool. Except Woking. Seriously what the hell??
We don't talk about Woking......

We also try to pretend Milton Keynes never happened.

And Syl, that looks a friggin awesome back garden/back of house.

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:01 pm
by Gili
via google map, street view...I'm here -> http://eternalrising.net/stuff/here.png

( image was 1 mb eeek!, so didn't hotlink the image like a good boy ).

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 pm
by MoP
Gili wrote:via google map, street view...I'm here -> http://eternalrising.net/stuff/here.png
Yup, I can confirm that. And at the end of the road, to your right, is the headquarters of the Jesus Army.

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:22 pm
by Gili
fucking jesus army. One day, i will rally up an Athiest Army and we will do battle.

Only a few doors down from the Jesus Army ( who have bought an old cinema for some random reason ), some Centre for the Holy Ghost, or something similarly worded, has opened. Really getting worried about the religious nut jobs appearing in numbers


*edit* Jesus Army Link-> street view map of their local HQ

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:24 pm
by MoP
Let's all go on a pilgrimage to Numpton!

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 pm
by Silverwolfe
Due to operational security I cannot state exactly where I am located. However, I can say that I am located somewhere between the northern and southern borders of Iraq, west of the eastern border and east of the western border of said country. And ummmm.... its fucking hot.

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:51 pm
by Gili
Silverwolfe wrote:And ummmm.... its fucking hot.

lol - stay safe

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:52 pm
by Kenos
Lady Maven wrote:It doesn't bug me. I do my drinking at home usually or indoors. A bunch of wandering drunks creep me out more than waiting til i get home to crack open a cold one.
ahhh but there's a difference between consuming some alcohol say on a picnic or in a park on a nice day and walking around visibly intoxicated or even piss ant drunk

if people are allowed to smoke in the open, people should also be allowed to responsibly drink alcohol on a public location of their choosing

Re: Where ARE all of you??

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:15 pm
by Lady Maven
Got to tell you, I don't want the buggers smoking in public either.

Holy shit, what just happened?? I think I channeled my mother!!