Page 1 of 3
You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:39 am
by owly
i now have two HD flat screen tv's ones the larger flat screen is the new sony 3d tv. i was going to collect comic books but i'm moving to hawaii in about 4 months and i know of no comic book stores in hawaii. So i decided to collect DVD's i have over 30 now half r new movies that went to dvd's and i have some classics too like'Used Cars' with Kurt Russell. Hatama on my last birthday bought me my prize gem of my collection my favorite movie 'Harry and the Hendersons'. Tomorrow i'm buying me a blue ray disk player with a surround-sound speakers YaY Me!!!!! i'm going to have it inmy room and the reg tv in my living room. It going to be pricey to ship it all to hawaii but i can't wait lol......
So what your hobby i really like to know?
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:46 am
by Lady Maven
I have many. I paint pretty well, I crochet like an idiot savant, I knit medicore. I do glass work, spin my own yarn and make art dolls. If it is artistic or craftsy in any way I have tried it, want to try it or do it regularly.
I also invent fantasy languages and play video game addictively.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:07 am
by owly
kewl
i used to tie knots fancy sailor knots but i haven't done that in awhile i still remember how tho, that's close to knitting or making dolls from scratch. That must take real talent.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:32 am
by Nether
I make good lookin babies.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:16 am
by Lady Maven
Yes you do Nether.
Don't bullshit ME Owly, I have seen those kinds of knots, hubby does them and they are WAY beyond me. I get all cross eyed just looking at them. THAT is what takes talent.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm
by Grunt
I am pretty good at drinking beer
does that count
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:54 pm
by Jezebel
I'll find out tomorrow if it counts or not, Grunt. (and I'm so looking forward to meeting you!)
I do a lot of things - hiking mountains, collecting bugs and spiders (no, wait, that's my job), watching baseball, knit, spin, do puzzles (I especially like logic and jigsaw puzzles), war game (duh), the list goes on.
But the hobby that has really opened up my creativity is videotaping Texas Blues Rock bands. You can see some of my videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dolomedesreno?feature=mhum
and here :
http://www.vimeo.com/user5367528/videos
My primary band, and the one I will be seeing in MS tomorrow night, is the Sideshow Tragedy. I've been following them around for about 7 months now.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:32 pm
by Silverwolfe
I like weaponry. I enjoy shooting, archery, martial arts and swordsplay.

The Human body is an amazing weapon.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:10 pm
by bigSparky
I have a radio controlled sailboat that I take out not near as often as I would like. I used to play a select few video games. Moved to this apartment 3 years and a month ago, and about two months ago when the cable was out for a few days(#!!!&%$#**!!! Cox) I finally hooked my PS2 up. Haven't really used it since other than as a DVD player. I watch a lot of tv. Used to thump my surround sound quite a bit but now that I'm in an apartment not so much. Just got a 32" 1080i 120hz LED for a comp monitor. Makes the porn jump right out at ya don'chya know. Also makes it easier to read what y'all write.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 pm
by Gerien
I build computers and ride motorcycles.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 pm
by owly
Wow maven, your hubby sounds like a kewl guy it's hard to find someone else who ties old sailor knots. Even rarer to find someone who appreciates them........
i now have all the star wars movies and i also got me 'kick ass' altho i'm kinda disappointed in it so far......
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:58 am
by Lady Maven
He is ex Coast Guard, apparently time on a ship gets really really boring unless you are being shot at by drug smugglers.
I got him a book on Chinese knotting that he really digs too.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 am
by owly
Kewl
Get him the 'asley book of knots' for xmass, it's the knot bible
edit/it doesn't really show how to tie knots it tells you trust me he'd love it. Sailors gold......
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:10 am
by owly
Kewl links Jez
wolfe i wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley
Gerien i can picture you ridding a bike
Sparkz i'd like to have a boat like that

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:53 am
by bigSparky
This is a vid of the same model as mine. Kiyosho Fairwind 900. about 3' long and I have to take the sail off to put it in my truck. Mine is painted in the OU colors, go figure. It seems to handle 15mph winds just fine. At around 25mph the sail servo ripped out. But I sail mine a bit extreme. I'm not having fun if I worry about losing 350 bucks. Most of these guys in the you tube videos don't know how or when to trim their sails from the ones I watched. It's pretty relaxing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dua4BOXTv0o
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:50 am
by Lady Maven
Ahh, Silver is just a big old teddy bear.
Who happens to be really good at killing people for a living.
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:19 pm
by owly
My question is does he kill hippies? if so i want a running head start......
Bigz kewl video, with that list i thought she was going under

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:45 pm
by Nagash
"Kill all hippies" was a pretty cool song by Primal Scream (PRMLSCRM).
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:31 pm
by Silverwolfe
Hell, come September and I am done wit the service... and No. I dont kill hippies. If I did I would have ta kill me momma.

)
Re: You have a hobby? Share them here
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am
by owly
My mother used to grow and right when i started to smoking weed she stopped because she got a good job at the womans prison in hawaii. she used to give me 10 bucks a week to water the plants everyday, gawd she could grow some cript. i used to de-flower buds too, for ten bucks a time......
i'm glad you getting out of the service, with the war and everything i worried about you........
i went to the pawn shop today picking up 8 new/used dvd's i got some good movies too. i just watched 'with out a paddle'......