doctors
Moderator: Staff
doctors
My doctor sent me letter stating my vitmin D is very low. will see her in 2 weeks about it.I guess it will mean more pills for me to take.I feel fine not sure what low vitmin D means health wise.
"Life is too short to be fighting"
Re: doctors
Need vitamin D get a sun lamp
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: doctors
Or just get some more sun. I had the same issue when I worked graves and literally never saw the sun. 15 minutes a day should do it, just make sure to wear sunscreen. I tried the pills but the made me sick to my stomach.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
Re: doctors
thats what daughter and hubby said to get more sunlight.
I guess eating the right foods and taking a pill will not be enough.
When it gets warmer I will get more sun.
I guess eating the right foods and taking a pill will not be enough.
When it gets warmer I will get more sun.
"Life is too short to be fighting"
- Captain Ron
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm
- Contact:
Re: doctors
Living in Ohio it is tough to get Sun in the Winter. My parents bought a Sun Lamp like Grunt said and they swear by it. They do ten minutes a day. Now, if you don't want to spend money on that, just go outside, or sit in a room with lots of windows.
That don't sound like he's speakin' American! Get 'im!
Re: doctors
its fixing to get warm here so I just need to sit in the sun for 15 minutes a day and everything should go back tonormal ...right?
"Life is too short to be fighting"
Re: doctors
time will differ but yes sitting in the sun should work
Re: doctors
I agree with the above posts. Humans can manufacture Vitamin D in their bodies as long as they are exposed to sunlight.
Deficiencies are linked with bone demineralization (rickets is caused by vitamin D deficiency) and weaker immune system.
Vitamin D is also a fat soluble vitamin, like A, E and K. So it can be stored in our fat tissue.
Deficiencies are linked with bone demineralization (rickets is caused by vitamin D deficiency) and weaker immune system.
Vitamin D is also a fat soluble vitamin, like A, E and K. So it can be stored in our fat tissue.
Re: doctors
Thanks everyone I will try my bezxt to sit in the sxzun for 15 or more minutes when it gets warmer.
"Life is too short to be fighting"
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest