Page 1 of 1

doctors

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am
by TEVA
My doctor sent me letter stating my vitmin D is very low. will see her in 2 weeks about it.I guess it will mean more pills for me to take.I feel fine not sure what low vitmin D means health wise.

Re: doctors

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:30 am
by Grunt
Need vitamin D get a sun lamp

Re: doctors

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 am
by Lady Maven
Or just get some more sun. I had the same issue when I worked graves and literally never saw the sun. 15 minutes a day should do it, just make sure to wear sunscreen. I tried the pills but the made me sick to my stomach.

Re: doctors

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am
by TEVA
thats what daughter and hubby said to get more sunlight.
I guess eating the right foods and taking a pill will not be enough.
When it gets warmer I will get more sun.

Re: doctors

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:34 pm
by Captain Ron
Living in Ohio it is tough to get Sun in the Winter. My parents bought a Sun Lamp like Grunt said and they swear by it. They do ten minutes a day. Now, if you don't want to spend money on that, just go outside, or sit in a room with lots of windows.

Re: doctors

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:38 am
by TEVA
its fixing to get warm here so I just need to sit in the sun for 15 minutes a day and everything should go back tonormal ...right?

Re: doctors

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:52 pm
by Grunt
time will differ but yes sitting in the sun should work

Re: doctors

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:50 pm
by Jezebel
I agree with the above posts. Humans can manufacture Vitamin D in their bodies as long as they are exposed to sunlight.
Deficiencies are linked with bone demineralization (rickets is caused by vitamin D deficiency) and weaker immune system.

Vitamin D is also a fat soluble vitamin, like A, E and K. So it can be stored in our fat tissue.

Re: doctors

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:32 am
by TEVA
Thanks everyone I will try my bezxt to sit in the sxzun for 15 or more minutes when it gets warmer.