roll call!
Moderators: Staff, Game Staff
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: roll call!
Or try the Massacre==lots of turns to let you get the feel of things.
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: roll call!
Aria! Nice to see you around again.
I Hit random for Guilds, ended up Red, so I submitted to the smallest guild ;>
That's the only game so far for dis wenchie, already wasted prolly 3 turnsets logging out for the freebies then not comin back around for 2 days.
I Hit random for Guilds, ended up Red, so I submitted to the smallest guild ;>
That's the only game so far for dis wenchie, already wasted prolly 3 turnsets logging out for the freebies then not comin back around for 2 days.
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Re: roll call!
/waves
Hello, pretty familiar faces
Hello, pretty familiar faces
- Aeropagitica
- Explorer
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
- Contact:
Re: roll call!
So, Kaz, what's the word? Did Guilds bring in more people?
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Stolen Sun Studios
Re: roll call!
Aeropagitica wrote:#Confess# If I was red, I'd so be Cult of Mav
It unfortunately appears that this guild is going to be put on hold and that another guild is going to be formed. But who knows, as of now im the only one actually playing turns.
I have some interesting ideas if this one does stay.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
http://www.Flapship.com
http://www.Flapship.com
Re: roll call!
Not good. If you end up with an inactive faith I'm sure some of us are cool to move some kingdoms about to equal out the numbers
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: roll call!
It's too early to really tell. There are currently less players than there were at the end of Evernight, but there are more players now here than there were at the end of last age. We'll know later in the age if the player base is going to continue to grow, or start to shrink back again. At least the boards no longer seem totally abandoned. That's a definite winSikil wrote:So, Kaz, what's the word? Did Guilds bring in more people?
We are currently borderline as far as a successful game goes. I don't think I'm going to manage to get the 72 hour restore feature coded and tested before the wars start kicking off, so the one feature that might keep things interesting after the first war might not be in place until next age
Fingers crossed though
Later today (assuming I can't sort the 72 hour restore in time to release this age), I'll load up a selection of NPC's to play with. I don't want to load them before I know what's happening with the restore, because the second NPC's go live, wars will likely start.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: roll call!
I don't mind going wherever I'm needed... I'm used to being an underdog so yah....
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~"Atama kakushite shiri kakusazu"~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~"Atama kakushite shiri kakusazu"~
Re: roll call!
Hmmm... I was hoping NPCs wouldn't be a part of (or be needed) in guilds game. Kind of jacks up the whole idea of guilds game as it has been played for.... ever.
I would suggest that if NPCs are going to be put into guilds game.. To put them in After at least the first war, and probably not until after 2 wars.
If NPCs are loaded in before the first guild wars, then people will just instantly feed on the NPCs to get bigger than the other guilds, and who will benefit? Whoever is online when the NPCs pop up. It would disrupt the otherwise level-playing field that a new age grants to the guilds game. The first couple wars are normally some of the most interesting, due to the fact that everyone has had the same amount of time to build and is about equal in average land size and possible troop deployment. I would not want to upset such a balance. It makes initial wars very hard to strategize, and the first wars of the age are arguably, the best wars from a defensive standpoint, giving the opportunity to actually win a defensive war, due to the nature of the balance that exists as mentioned above.
Please don't load those NPCs in until after at least the first war, Kaz.
I would suggest that if NPCs are going to be put into guilds game.. To put them in After at least the first war, and probably not until after 2 wars.
If NPCs are loaded in before the first guild wars, then people will just instantly feed on the NPCs to get bigger than the other guilds, and who will benefit? Whoever is online when the NPCs pop up. It would disrupt the otherwise level-playing field that a new age grants to the guilds game. The first couple wars are normally some of the most interesting, due to the fact that everyone has had the same amount of time to build and is about equal in average land size and possible troop deployment. I would not want to upset such a balance. It makes initial wars very hard to strategize, and the first wars of the age are arguably, the best wars from a defensive standpoint, giving the opportunity to actually win a defensive war, due to the nature of the balance that exists as mentioned above.
Please don't load those NPCs in until after at least the first war, Kaz.
GM / Founder - Imperator
Justice is Blind |JustBlind|
Masta ~ The scrape on the roof of your mouth,
that would heal, if you could just stop tonguing it, but you can't...
Justice is Blind |JustBlind|
Masta ~ The scrape on the roof of your mouth,
that would heal, if you could just stop tonguing it, but you can't...
Re: roll call!
I completely disagree. Part of the reason people stop playing is because of the fact that they were being forced into unfair wars or to do nothing. NPCs provide guilds, players, with a chance to attack/grow and not feel bad about "down hitting" or any of the other numerous complaints that have caused people to leave.
Hitting a NPC is great. But if a guild destroys a bunch of NPCs, they have left themselves open to be attacked by someone else. Fighting a NPC is not a guild war, thus if you expend to much time/resources you could very well end up donating that land right back to another guild.
Currently there are 3 guilds of comparable size. If 2 of them are at war, what is the other supposed to do? Be forced to sit and tithe? Then massacre the guild that is left standing?
I guess Id rather give people the option. NPCs have been in most of the games for a while now, I personally think that really improved the play.
Hitting a NPC is great. But if a guild destroys a bunch of NPCs, they have left themselves open to be attacked by someone else. Fighting a NPC is not a guild war, thus if you expend to much time/resources you could very well end up donating that land right back to another guild.
Currently there are 3 guilds of comparable size. If 2 of them are at war, what is the other supposed to do? Be forced to sit and tithe? Then massacre the guild that is left standing?
I guess Id rather give people the option. NPCs have been in most of the games for a while now, I personally think that really improved the play.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
http://www.Flapship.com
http://www.Flapship.com
Re: roll call!
I do not disagree with the idea of NPCs in the guilds game entirely. I did say I hoped they would not be needed, meaning I hoped we would have the numbers to permit leaving NPCs out of it, but that is sadly not the case.
Given your argument, which I almost completely agree with, I simply say that all I am really asking is that NPC realms not be placed into the game until after the Start of the first war. Soon as the first war begins, I am fine with it. You are right, with the 3 guild system we are currently in, it would be beneficial to give that third wheel something to do other than smash whoever is left standing as soon as that first war ends, which in the past has lead to some serious arguments concerning how fair it is to build for an extra week and then smash someone who has been affected by a war, even if they were victorious.
I just want the first war to be declared before NPCs hit the scene, due to the nature of the planning and strategy that goes in to the first war of an age. So, basically I agree with you, on all accounts, except that I want a war to be *declared* before NPCs drop.
Given your argument, which I almost completely agree with, I simply say that all I am really asking is that NPC realms not be placed into the game until after the Start of the first war. Soon as the first war begins, I am fine with it. You are right, with the 3 guild system we are currently in, it would be beneficial to give that third wheel something to do other than smash whoever is left standing as soon as that first war ends, which in the past has lead to some serious arguments concerning how fair it is to build for an extra week and then smash someone who has been affected by a war, even if they were victorious.
I just want the first war to be declared before NPCs hit the scene, due to the nature of the planning and strategy that goes in to the first war of an age. So, basically I agree with you, on all accounts, except that I want a war to be *declared* before NPCs drop.
GM / Founder - Imperator
Justice is Blind |JustBlind|
Masta ~ The scrape on the roof of your mouth,
that would heal, if you could just stop tonguing it, but you can't...
Justice is Blind |JustBlind|
Masta ~ The scrape on the roof of your mouth,
that would heal, if you could just stop tonguing it, but you can't...
Re: roll call!
That does raise an interesting issue. In the past(very past!) Guilds seemed so concerned of not being hit hard and early that the first wars got earlier and earlier. I wonder, if just 3 guilds, if people would delay that first hit...on the hope of not being involved in the first war, to get uninterrupted NPC realm feeding
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Re: roll call!
I guess I just dont understand why the first war makes a difference. In my opinion part of the reason for NPCs was to create more variety of play. I think NPCs should be around. If you want to take the time to attack and kill a NPC for land, instead of tithing, that is up to you. If you want to attack another guild instead of a NPC, that is up to you.
Otherwise the game is simply who started a kingdom first and who knows how to build fastest. NPCs make the game more strategic, you actually have to make decisions on how to expend resources.
Gili,
There are always 2 strategies to the early game. 1) Beat someone to war or 2) hope you dont get hit. With or without NPCs, you are still faced with the same dilemma.
Otherwise the game is simply who started a kingdom first and who knows how to build fastest. NPCs make the game more strategic, you actually have to make decisions on how to expend resources.
Gili,
There are always 2 strategies to the early game. 1) Beat someone to war or 2) hope you dont get hit. With or without NPCs, you are still faced with the same dilemma.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
http://www.Flapship.com
http://www.Flapship.com
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: roll call!
At this point adding NPC's with an average size of 10,000 acres, a minimum size of 7,000 acres and a maximum size of 20,000 acres (like domination) wont switch the majority of kingdoms to fighting NPC's instead of players. I deliberately held off on introducing them to prevent that very thing.
The top kingdoms currently would be unable to declare war on most of the NPC's (except for a few possible freaks) due to already having too much land to declare on them. So if a guild declares on them now, it's the smaller kingdoms (plus three-and-outs) that'll benefit. It's also not as if these NPC's are easy to break. They are defended with forts (that actually work these days and are out of the troop cap), plus 100% defensive troops.
Even if I did wait for war, what's war? I can already see a war thread. Looking at the back-end I can already see war-like activity. Adding them in today seems like as good a time as any.
The top kingdoms currently would be unable to declare war on most of the NPC's (except for a few possible freaks) due to already having too much land to declare on them. So if a guild declares on them now, it's the smaller kingdoms (plus three-and-outs) that'll benefit. It's also not as if these NPC's are easy to break. They are defended with forts (that actually work these days and are out of the troop cap), plus 100% defensive troops.
Even if I did wait for war, what's war? I can already see a war thread. Looking at the back-end I can already see war-like activity. Adding them in today seems like as good a time as any.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: roll call!
I wanna kill somthin.....its been far to long since I've killed somthin...unless you count that brownie which I doubt anyone around here would.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
Re: roll call!
HI Calis! :0)
~WheEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~
MF Mad Flame
Re: roll call!
Where a kingdom name has (N) before it does that mean it is an NPC?
Re: roll call!
Yes.
Now nimble fingers, that dance on numbers / Will eat your children and steal your thunder;
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.
Yeah, its Seska. Start running now, bitch.
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.
Yeah, its Seska. Start running now, bitch.
Re: roll call!
How dare the automated bastards outrank me? 
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest