Page 1 of 5

roll call!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:17 pm
by Gili
Okies, who is in?

I am :D Hoping to see some familiar faces to beat me....and hopefully some to let me know what I'm supposed to be doing. No idea how addicted(or not) that i might become, as its been a long time, but i guess we'll see.

~Jim

Re: roll call!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:38 pm
by Maverick
Ill join a guild run by Gili, Killie or Lak!

I want to be part of a European guild, so I can be the guy who shows up at the random hours.

Re: roll call!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:20 pm
by Gili
Maverick wrote:Ill join a guild run by Gili, Killie or Lak!

I want to be part of a European guild, so I can be the guy who shows up at the random hours.
But randomly showing up is my job :) I'm fairly sober(in comparison) nowadays, I'm not sure i can fill that drunken quota needed by European guilds.

Re: roll call!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:25 pm
by Tara
I just wanna play with a guild again (or draft m' G ta lead one that I can run around with).
Maybe I'll make an alt to mess with you, Mav, that way you have the ol' home feeling of being stalked. :mrgreen:

Re: roll call!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:27 pm
by Tara
Gili! I know what ya mean about the "more sober now" thing. Well, my alcohol-more-soberness stemmed from a med Herb card soooo ... TEEE! We'll still have fun. If we can find the Elf, that'd be awesome!

Re: roll call!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:34 pm
by Gili
Hey Tara :)

good work on the theme/skin Kaz, quite like it.

Re: roll call!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:42 pm
by Kaz
Gili wrote:good work on the theme/skin Kaz, quite like it.
Thanks :)

I've always been a dark theme kinda guy, and this one has (at least for the moment) converted me to the light.

Had to start making use of this custom artwork ;)

Re: roll call!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 pm
by Topheh
I'm game. Gonna be rusty, though.

Re: roll call!

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm
by Pistol
Ill give it a go.

Re: roll call!

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 am
by Dauthi
As I said I'd join if/when it came back.

I'll bring my goblin guilds back as it will suit my play style.

Re: roll call!

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:53 pm
by Gili
Doesn't seem many about. But maybe the world has just moved on from forums to faecesbook, so will see more in game

Re: roll call!

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:31 pm
by Kaz
Gili wrote:Doesn't seem many about. But maybe the world has just moved on from forums to faecesbook, so will see more in game
Let's hope so.

I'm pretty sure now that all that needs sorting code-wise are the guild ranks. Therefore I'll let the few of you decide when we release. I sent an email out to the people that posted in the "who'd return" thread saying Sunday 27th (at the latest), so on the assumption they might not turn up till Sunday, you can pick from the following

Friday 25th Jan 2013
Saturday 26th Jan 2013

or

Sunday 27th Jan 2013

Re: roll call!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 am
by Dauthi
Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but that other thread that was created about "who would play guides", we should of had everyone put their e-mail in it so that a email could be sent to remind them.

Re: roll call!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 am
by Gili
The thread was posted in again since Kaz's recent announcement which should trigger any notifications. If folks just take time to try and contact friends who used to play who haven't appeared on the forum yet, who knows we might get some reasonable numbers. Probably worth waiting until the game is actually live though

Re: roll call!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 am
by Kaz
With exception of Cindy and Lady Aria (who's emails bounced), everyone who posted in the thread received an email from me directly. I managed to reach Lady Aria over Facebook, along with Steven, Dricis and Dark Horse (who didn't post). I also send some facebook PM's to various other names from the Facebook group.

To a certain extent, these pre-age roll call threads trying to establish who's going which faith historically get less posts than the person who posted the thread would have liked. OOC posts previously tended to die off between reset and the first war. All we can do is see what happens.

As neither of you two picked from the selection of dates I'm going to just pick one. Maybe an actual release date will help.

Therefore I'll pick Saturday at some point in the afternoon UK time for release.

Re: roll call!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 am
by Gili
I wasn't fussed about start up dates, just glad to know its soon.

Nagash and MoP are in, so between the three of us expect a Euro guild of complete inefficiency. I'm not personally fussed, and i doubt the others are, about what faith so if someone else out there is going to start guild(s) please say which faith you pick so we can pick another.

Perhaps wishful thinking for multiple guilds in one faith but if we get to that situation i hope the other guild in our faith is competent :D

Re: roll call!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:17 pm
by Kaz
I predict that we are going to end up with a couple of guilds in Barnabas, including one that's larger than any other guild in the game. Leto will probably end up with the most guilds, but they will probably be smaller in member count. I'm not sure what to expect with Angelique, when Evernight closed she was one of the least played Gods, but looking at kingdom ranks over here that seems to have become Barnabas' role.

It would be REALLY nice to see who's going where from a faith point of view.

At this point I'm thinking that a 2 kingdom variant is required, that a guild max of 20 might be a good idea, and that this 72 hour restore more might be worth coding (basically to avoid one guild becoming untouchable immediately)

Re: roll call!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm
by MoP
Let's kill Venus! :twisted:

Re: roll call!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 pm
by Gili
Kaz, yeah i agree with most of that. I'm sure MoP and Nagash wouldn't mind us representing Angelique.
MoP wrote:Let's kill Venus! :twisted:
Thats the spirit :)

Re: roll call!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 pm
by Maverick
My predisposition is to Barnabas, but I have played in all three faiths previously and if necessary could continue the story in either of the faiths.