It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 pm

And the Old Ones Fade (ooc: Discussion) 
Stablehand

Location: Out of that pit of uncaring and beggining life anew
Post And the Old Ones Fade (ooc: Discussion)
Now this is something that both Toph and I have wanted to do for a while.

Since the development of my Character, Silverwolfe, there are mentions of an Long Past war between two Races. The Sidhe, and a character created race, the Icharii. (ee-char-ee)

The wars happened when humans had only recently emerged, and were just a young race, so did not have the population or the technology to really be a power in the world.

Although there were a few humans that participated in this war, the main protaganists were the Icharii and their Goblin Slaves fighting against the Sidhe with their elven allies.

Now for a Description of the Icharii

The Icharii have fairly the same physical structure as the elves with some noticable differences. An average Icharii stands at roughly seven feet tall and most have long brown hair.

Also, Every Icharii has LARGE black wings, with a few exceptions. And there truly are VERY FEW exceptions. (mainly player characters if you so choose to play an Icharii) As in the case of my Character, Silverwolfe. He has Black hair and Silvery wings, as he is not pure blooded Icharii. His mother is one of the main protaganists of the war, and is a Sidhe Sorceress...

The Icharii are very physically strong, and with those who study the arts, have nearly the same capability for magic that the Sidhe have. But unlike the Sidhe, who are born of magic, the Icharii evolved into magical creatures through generations of Stealing magic from the world.

Now for the general setting of the story.... Which will evolve as the story progresses.

The Icharii are a conquering race, seeking to enslave the races of the world, and for the most part they are succeeding. They are led by a cruel king named Sor'jus Talhana and His son, Juriel Dlorian, also known as Silverwolfe. Most of the lesser races have been subdued by the Icharii. However, the lands of the Sidhe and the Elves have yet to fall to the massive armies of the Icharii, but the lines of battle are slowly being pushed deeper and deeper into their territory.

The story will start out with an army led by Silverwolfe pressing into the territory of the elves, but I will leave it there...

Toph, if you have any reccomendations for story, just post them here, and if anyone wants to join in, please post your character here also. As Such

Name: Juriel Dlorian AKA Silverwolfe. Prince of the Icharii
Race: Icharii and Sidhe mix
Height : 7'6
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Equipment:One Twin Bladed Icharii War Sword
Mythril Chain
Description: Heavily muscled and tall, Juriel tends to be quite a charming individual. His face holds a single scar running down his left cheek, but other than that is fairly handsome. He is still a young Icharii, barely more than 200 years old, but was leading armies since he was merely ninety. With over a hundred years of combat and having never lost a battle, even the hardest warrior trembles in fear hearing that Silverwolfe's battle hardened and elite forces have taken the field.

I should get the First post up In a bit here...

Its about skidding in sideways, screaming "Holy Shit, What a ride!"

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:20 pm
Stablehand

Post Re: And the Old Ones Fade (ooc: Discussion)
oo..can I be your goblin slave? :D

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 pm
Stablehand

:) I've been looking forward to this bit of history for a long time...

Dont know that I have much to add to this, aside from the note that this war basically led to the downfall of both of our races... so its gonna be a big one... :)

Hmm... havent done one of these character bio thingies before... lets see. (Dear Porckie... for your reference, in this time I am not the least bit yellowey or yellowish or yellowful).

Name: Toph Imlardil
Race: Sidhe
Height: Err... 6' ?
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Attire: Think elven ranger, cause thats basically what Toph is at the moment
Description: Sidhe aren't even considered adults until the age of 500, so one can imagine the desparation that the Sidhe race is feeling to send mere children like Toph in. Toph is currently acting as a messenger courier for the army, and relies on his agility and fledgling magical abilities to deliver his messages quickly and without being seen by the enemy... his role in the conflict to come... has yet to be seen.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:14 pm
Stablehand

Hmmm.. Im having some difficulty wrapping my head around the opening post right now.... gimme a lil bit of time. I may actually have to draw something up for myself instead of just shooting it outta my ass like I normally do. :)

Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:49 pm
Stablehand

*poke*

Any ideas? I think a general 'Im in ur forests, steelin' ur *insert something here*' might be a good starting point... as Toph, being a scout, needs to have an opening somewhere ;)

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:56 pm
Stablehand

Hmmm... Im thinking of starting the story as the Icharii and the Slave army are advancing on elven lands.... cutting through them to get to the sidhe or something like that. :D give me a little longer. I lost track of what I wanted to do with this thread. . :D

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:57 am
Stablehand

no prob :) get it started and I'll start crafting the Sidhe response ;)

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:32 am
Teh Spam!

Not sure if I can afford entering another thread, but was wondering still (call me a muggenzifter): shouldn't it be Icarii (ee-car-ee-ee) rather than Icharii, as you're referring to Icarus?

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 pm
Stablehand

_Nagash_ wrote:
Not sure if I can afford entering another thread, but was wondering still (call me a muggenzifter): shouldn't it be Icarii (ee-car-ee-ee) rather than Icharii, as you're referring to Icarus?

Allow me to zift a mug aswell :P Shouldn't it be Ichari (ee-car-ee) rather than Icharii (ee-car-ee-ee). The latter would be the Latin plural of Icharius, rather than Icharus. :)

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:21 am
Stablehand

took forever... but I finally got something up.... lol.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:23 am
Stablehand

yay... I will mingle one of my alts into this thread somehow :D

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:47 am
Stablehand

Name: Snark
Height : 2'10
Eyes: Red
Hair: Gray
Equipment: Goblin bow
Quiver
Loin cloth
Description: Sturdy and short. As one of the elder Goblins, Snark makes an impressive figure, in terms of Goblins. His gray beard, inches long, sets him apart from his kinsmen, who rarely live so long as to allow old age to taint one's appearance. In spite of his age, he is still sound of mind and body. Years of 'service' under the Icharii have earned him a high position among the Goblin Slave Army. Seeing most of his race sacrificed for the Icharii's warmongering has instilled in Snark a growing hatred for these winged oppressors. A hatred so great, that Snark would even be willing to befriend the Sidhe...

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:23 pm
Stablehand

Soo..here's my idea: Snark is leader of Goblin Revolt (or: he is one who is willing to rebel against the Icharii). He is a smartypants Goblin who is able to read and write some words. He is in cahoots with the Sidhe (Toph-man!) and acts as some sort of spy.
His first attempt to kill Juriel fails and he sees Ngarb die for it. He chose to use Ngrab's arrow because he knew Ngarb had no kin, which meant that, if the attempt failed, only 1 goblin would have to pay.

At the end of my post, Snark leaves a message for his Sidhe contact, asking for help. Maybe we could give Snark some poison to poison Juriel with and then we could accidentally kill his wife :D

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:27 pm
Stablehand

Hmm... I'll make up some alts as well, maybe throw my pet dragon into the mix... we'll see. Posting... now!

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:55 pm
Stablehand

And posted. As for alts... expect a Sidhe mage and probably Lord E. as well so you can have a counterpart in the elfin army, Silverwolfe... or Juriel, as we should call you from your deep, dark, forboding past :P. I'll make a few flash-overs to the Sidhe capital where the mages are working on their ultimate weapon as well...

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:41 pm
Stablehand

Mmmkay. Elerosse exists!

Silverwolfe, I plan to have the Sidhe reinforcments arrive 'tomorrow afternoon' storytime... so if you want to create a situation (elven rout?) that requires some dramatic spells to restore the status quo, by all means be my guest :)

Name: Elerosse
Height : 5'8''
Eyes: Green
Hair: Silver
Equipment: Long Sword, magically reinforced leather armor, set of throwing daggers
Description: As leader of this branch of the elven army, Lord Elerosse is quick of wit and reflexes, and has campaigned against the Icharii since the start of the war. The years of battle, and the capture of his daughter by an Icharii strike force has left him with a bitter rage against the Icharii and their Goblin slaves that nothing short of complete annihilation of his foes or his own death will erase...

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:16 pm
Stablehand

Oh, SIlverwolfe.

Can I assume you're going to RP Juriel's mom?

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:59 pm
Stablehand

Allright then. The Elven rout idea sounds good. I haven't had much time recently to get posts in but life is calming down quite a bit. I am taking care of several things right now, but will try to remain consistent with my posts. I really want to do this.

And yes, I will be RPing Juriels Mom, but she isn't a big player in the war until much later.

As for the poison, feel free. The only thing I have a problem with is the extermination of the ENTIRE race, or of Silverwolfe for as we all know, silverwolfe is still alive a few thousand years from this time period.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:53 am
Stablehand

I think Porckie's idea is more and more dastardly attempts on your life that keep failing in somewhat spectacular ways... I think he's gonna poison his wife or something.

Speaking of wives... exciting news! my RL wife says she's going to come join us in RPing. I am pleased with my persuasiveness.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:03 am
Stablehand

Toph hit the nail on the head :)

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:11 am
Stablehand

this is awesomeness!!! Humor is always a welcome factor in any thread.... and this is one that I want to keep alive and going until its done.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:27 am
Stablehand

this is awesomeness!!! Humor is always a welcome factor in any thread.... and this is one that I want to keep alive and going until its done. Oh... and Kudos on the Wifey. More RP is always welcome. :D

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:39 am
Stablehand

Sorry I left the post half-finished... I've got to run. My plan is to have Toph get to the bulk of the main forces just before the Icharii smash into the side of the elven army, then have the Sidhe arive...

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:06 pm
Stablehand

it isht noot a problim. I am quite busy this evening.... but I should be able to get something up tommorow.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:29 am
Stablehand

Looks like I've saved your pale (note: not yellowy) behind master Topheh ;) Now make a realm!

Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:35 pm