It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:07 am

Abyss Below' Shear Obsidian Darkness 
Stablehand

Post Abyss Below' Shear Obsidian Darkness
(OOC This is for the ones that come from the Abyss Below' Shear Obsidian Darkness, but others may RP as well in this area, just keep in mind the setting)

The cavern sits half a mile across and half of that high. This cavern is shear ice, with drifts of snow here and there that sifted down from the tunnel leading to the surface. This tunnel is nearly 50 miles long and winds more than the intestines of a human.

In the wall of the cavern is a dark hole, no light penetrates, even the magic white glow coming from the ceiling. This hole is the Abyss Below' Shear Obsidian Darkness. The abyss is the prison of many who have come before, and Lazarus is the gaurd. He posted himself after arising from the Abyss himself as the gaurdian of those. He ensures that most of them stay within their icy prisons, but does allow those who break free on their own to join the ranks of the moving again. The word 'living' isn't exactly correct, the zombies are evidence of this.

Over time, others will come, but Lazarus will gaurd the abyss against the time when all are unleashed, or maybe he will be the one who is ordered to release them all by the prophet. Lazarus does not know, but he gaurds and waits.

Time flows on

Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:09 pm
Stablehand

The most recent escapee from the ice stepped out, clearly pleased with his reanimation. He addressed Lazarus, waited for a reply, waited a while longer, and walked by. Out in the white lit cavern, The Mad Capper smiled a little wider and muttered to himself. With a puff of dust, he plopped onto the ground, closed his eyes, and ceased smiling. After a dozen breaths had passed, 3 short and stout men rose up from the ground. TMC's eyes opened and he stood up to greet his attendants.
"Lunz, Perwin, Felch, how've you been? Good to see you've waited for me. Don't mind the rude environs, we're going to carve a little place for ourselves while I meditate upon what I want to do next. Get to work, gentlemen. Standard setup."
With that, TMC leaned back against the cool stone wall and watched as the three servants melted into the wall. He heard faint grinding sounds, continued to smile to himself, folded his arms, lowered his head, and waited. Lazarus was a patient one.... TMC could be as well.

Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:21 pm
Stablehand

Finally, Buford, Mad Captain of Foret, lifted his head. The noises had ended, the cavern wall into which Perwin, Felch, and Lunz had vanished was silent. Buford walked over to the wall, laid an ear against it, and nodded.
"Right. Well then, I'll be there in a moment" he announced, and stepped back.
He stepped back again, and ran into the wall. It shattered, having been worn paper thin by the attentions of the three stone spirits. The cavern on the other side took 3 minutes of brisk pacing to travel around and inspect.
"Not a bad job, boys. You're dismissed for now"
With that, Commander Buford settled into his newly shaped stone throne and awaited his kingdom and the war that would bring it. The empty stone hall echoed back his breathing as Buford sat and prepared himself for the future.

Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:32 am
Stablehand

After many hours, Chester makes his way down the tunnel that leads into the chamber. There stood Lazarus, gaurding the Abyss, a large shattering sound arose, and a figure started to emerge from the Abyss.

Chester quickly comes over to Lazarus and pulls out some elixirs and pours two of them over the Golem. He glows slightly and his eyes turn red again. The quakes stop and the Abyss Below' Shear Obsidian Darkness is once again completely silent, but the form still remains. Who is this.

Chester calls to the darkness.

Tell me who you are, and where you come from. I am Chester Swiftfoot, Lord of many, and master of the Hail Mary. Show yourself.

Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:28 pm
Stablehand

The Mad Capper called out from his alcove.
"Another voice in this cavern, eh? Lazarus has been reluctant to speak. He's a contemplative sort, by my reckoning. Has another broken forth from the ice?"

He stepped out into the main cavern, and stood not far from Chester, watching the source of the disturbance. Light sparked and flickered around his fingers. The three stone spirits rose from the earth as well. They carried sledges made of stone this time. Buford spoke once more.
"Go away, you three. If anyone in this cavern wants to fight you, that'll be your end, hammers or no. Chisel some clever designs into my throne."
The stone spirits wandered to the alcove and began to work. Buford took a strip of preserved meat from a pouch and took a bite of it. The missing chunk grew back.
"Elf meat. Remarkable fellow I used to travel with. He said he could recover from any injury. He was almost right, his muscle still regenerates after a fashion. Sadly, the rest of him doesn't anymore. Care for some?"

Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:11 am
Stablehand

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sniff, Sniff. Urrg? MEAT!!!

Ha ha ha ha, I have not eaten for over an hour, I am hungry!

Chuckles comes out of the darkness. His knuckles drag across the frozen ground as he moves towards the Mad Capper. With each step the ground shudders with a loud thud, as the large ogre lumbers towards the meat.

He grabs the meat from the Mad Capper and stuffs it in his gaping maw.

As he chews noisily, saliva rolls down his large hairy chest.

Thank you, he belches loudly.

Any more?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:39 pm
Stablehand

TMC stood there, holding the end of the meat that had torn off in his hand. It began to grow back after a few seconds. Then TMC looked up at the ogre and grinned.
"You're welcome, ogre."
Then he bit another chunk off the meat and considered the brute.
"You're a big one. What do you intend to do, now that you've freed yourself? And I suppose I should give you my name. I am Buford, practicioner of war magics. When I lead men, I am called the mad captain, or Mad Capper. What is your story?"
With that he leaned against the stone wall and flicked a magic missile from hand to hand, back and forth. A second was added, and a third. The Mad Capper was juggling.

Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:14 am