It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 pm

A Grand Tournament Spectator Thread 2 (Open!) 
Stablehand

(ooc: I got permission from Yuuko to mode as I have)

"It is one thing for words to be spoken, it is quite another for words not to be spoken."

My father's quote appeared in my head as the Lord Yoshimutsu made eye contact with Lady Lia and I for the first time since we had come here. I couldn't explian it, but a slight jolt came forth from my brain, and though anyone could have seen that there was much to be read from Yoshimutsu's eyes, that jolt occured when they met mine. He gave me a nod and then continued on with the caring of Lady Lia, carrying her into a tent. His compassion for her was great, and I could see why he was a leader among his people. I turned and looked at Lady Yuukomono, and saw the same idea reflected in her eyes. This Lady Lia, she was not a general, and as such, it was improper of us to judge her as such. She was very different from the rest of the Ronin; she almost seemed to be a woman of the shadows, but I did not want to appear rude in asking.

If she was indeed one of the shadows, then I could understand her near-death experience. In the lands of Tonin, the idea of the glorified assassin who was impossible to catch and rarely failed was of epic proportions. The reality was that it was a kill-or-be-killed world, and while ninja struck in the night, the geisha in the day, all one could really do was hope that fate was on yoru side. A ninja who failed was often dead before they could learn from their experience, and the geisha often had to go to great lengths to gain the trust of enemy generals and leaders. Yuukomono understood that, or at least I thought she did.

The image of finding out she had been the kill of some assassin bought pain to my heart. Though I harbored no feelings for the girl, she was the member of the Norihako family I had sworn to protect, and the dangerous path she chose walk made that a difficult task. If nothing else, I resolved to guard Lady Yuukomono more fiercely then before, that one day she might become the wife of a daimyo and not need my protection anymore...

Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:03 pm
Stablehand

Yoshimutsu had been right. Word of Lia's injury had reached the merwoman, and she had immediately abandoned the magics in which she had been working on to find the elfwoman.

It hadn't taken long as rumors were flying about how for the SECOND time that day, Yoshimutsu had taken Lia to his tent to tend to her. Many were speculating about the relationship between the Jo-nin of the Ronin and one of the U-nin... and inwardly, Xyen smiled. Now there would be no reason for the two of them to hide their affection for each other, and that pleased the merwoman to no end.

Of course, there was still the problem of Calenia to be dealt with... the blademistress probably wouldn't let Lia go quite so easily. Hopefully that situation could be abated with as little bloodshed as possible.

The pair of Ronin guards standing at the flap to the tent had started to give Xyen a hard time about entering, but the sorceress had enough of their stumbling and broken Common. Instead, she murmured a few words and waved her hand, and the pair were translocated to a spot several feet way. Wide eyed, they continued to stare at her until she calmly addressed them.

"Was there something else?" she inquired before entering the Tent.

Lia lay on the bed that had been furnished for Yoshimutsu, who was hovering over her protectively. She bowed to the Jo-nin before kneeling beside Lia, a frown creasing her forehead. "You really did it this time, didn't you, Lia?" Xyen murmured, smiling affectionately at the elf.

"Ugn. Yeah 'm guessin' ya can say that." the words were hazy and indistinct, and Xyen could tell that Lia was getting close to sleep once more. Placing a hand on the elfwoman's forehead, Xyen gave Lia another jolt of energy before resuming her pose. "What th' fuck you do that for?" Lia grumbled, giving Xyen a very dirty look.

"Making sure you don't fall asleep before we finish some business. Who's going to make sure that this tournament continues on even though you've been injured?"

"How th' hell am I 'posed ta know?" Lia grumbled, nestling under the blankets further. "You kin fer all I care."

"How incredibly nice of you, Lia..." Xyen murmured. Sitting at the edge of the bed, she absently patted Lia's hand while thinking. "I think it would be more fruitful if you were to continue to lead this tournament, but it's more than obvious that you are not in the condition in which to do so..."

Xyen's train of thought trailed off and she paused, before smiling. Standing up from the bed, she nodded down at Lia. "I'll have to do it... but I'll have to make myself look like you." Xyen's eyes closed, and she began to hum softly. Her long auburn hair took on a deeper red hue and lengthened, showing some of the curl that Lia's hair held. Heightwise, Xyen grew shorter, matching Lia in height and weight. Her body began to fill out, just like Lia's, and when she opened her eyes, they were the same mossy color of the rogue woman's. The clothes on Xyen's body also changed from the war like leather of earlier to the soft kimono that Lia favored.

"Just like looking...into a mirror, isn't it?" Xyen's voice quickly changed to match the elfwoman's, and standing there before Yoshimutsu and Lia was an exact carbon copy of Lia herself, except it was really Xyen.

"So, I'ma gonna head out there now an' stun the audience with my miraculous recovery. Yoshimutsu, pay attention t' things. You might havta fight again, y'know."

And with that, Xyen-as-Lia sauntered out in a perfect imitation of the elfwoman's hip swaying saunter.

Ronin Sorceress

Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:22 pm
Stablehand

Once away from the tent, Xyen-as-Lia slowed down the sauntering steps and quickly made her way through the crowd, towards the box again. Xyen was quite aware of the stares at her form, but she ignored them - let the spectators wonder how she was able to recover so quickly.

Inwardly Xyen smirked at the thought of fooling everyone. It had been a long time since she had the chance to use her skills to the fullest extent that she was capable of. The merwoman was relishing in her own power. Distracted by her thoughts, she was not paying attention as a page flagged her down and stuch a parchment in her hands.

"Lia! I'm glad that you're ok, y'know. The scores been posted an' the advancements been posted too! You gotta read 'em to everyone. How'd ya get better so fast? That goblin wench be a good healer, y'think?

Raising an eyebrow at the page, Xyen shook off the irrational urge to correct his grammar and the calling of a lady a wench. It was uncouth in the merwoman's opinion, but she had to remind herself that she was now "Lia" as things went, and as such, talked much like that herself.

"Yeah, she'd a good healer. Thank ye, I'll be after readin' this in just a few. 'Scuse me." Keeping her comments to herself, Xyen-as-Lia made her way towards the box and sat down, to much cheering on the part of the crowd.

Inhaling evenly and undoing the parchment, Xyen blinked a few times in surprise at the results, but paid them no more heed as she stood. "An' now we've got the results o' the first round o' the tournament! Ye kin find th' results posted all about."

The crowd cheered loudly, and several different people began to chant out the names of the ones that they had been supporting. Xyen smiled and inhaled, and began to read off the parchment to the crowd...

((OOC: http://www.evernight.net/boards/canon/viewtopic.php?t=1002&sid=5ac46da20beb12333cbd7b5190cefae9 continued there... http://lightning.prohosting.com/~katalyna/tourn2.html go to matchups, see second round matches. Everything else remains the same. Thank you!))

~ Ronin ~ PMS ~[/center]

Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:37 pm
Stablehand

(OOC: Kaj, sounds like a good plan, I'll post it, thanks for the mod privelages.)

IC:

With concern on every face he saw, Maktor turned in surprise at the loud, strong voice of Lia as she addressed the spectating fields from the box. She seemed healthy enough, though something about her smell was a little wrong; Maktor just ignored it and assumed it was because of her injury. The entire goblin party seemed to shift forward in their stances, and I saw Kajor turn his head and cup an ear towards Lia in an exadurated fashion; he was trying to be comfident for the troops.

Then the names of those who advanced were announced.

At the sounds of "Zollken't'kardas, Nereis and Kajor," the group gave a huge, roaring cheer for each, and even Triliona and I raised our voices in the wordless victory cry. The camp erupted into activity as goblins of all shapes and sizes began to lay wagers, whisper predictions and aid the crowd in chanting the names of the three of our own that advanced. (I counted Nereis as "of our own" because of his kindredship with my master)

Even more telling were the reactions of the contestants. Nereis seemed relieved, and released a spell in the sky that burst in colorful explosions, and a group of kobolds and ogres came and started to talk with him about his profession. I smiled for the young adept, he was doing his teacher proud, and the bond I felt with him was growing stronger with each passing day. I woundered if perhaps he could be convinced to follow us, surely if we pooled our knowledge and resources, we could find our friend Jareus again...

Zollken too seemed relieved, though I wasn't sure why. I thought he had done very well, but apparently he had put less faith in himself then I did; I would have to change that. What he did though, was take out his newest weapons, his dual greatswords and begin to do a "focus dance" as the goblin is translated. It was designed to promote peace of mind as well as channel the will and energy of the user. I had no doubt that some of the Ronin practiced similar exercises, as I had heard humans speak of this; they called it a "kata" though. I made a note to speak with him about his next match before he began it.

Now, with two of our companions in states of relaxed, mentally focusing exercises, someone needed to be the rowdy one, and who better to do it then our own champion Kajor. The big troll had let out the loudest of the cries at the mention of his name, and immediately began to dance in the msot rediculous fashion I have ever seen, spinning like a whirlwind and jumping all over the place. He pumped his fists, swung his arms around like a gorilla and even grabbed Kressog by the head and spun the screaming kobold around with him as he danced.

When he finally finished his dance, he accidently released Kressog, effectively hammer-throwing the little kobold across the field towards the box where Lia was delivering her speech. I did a quick check of his speed and height and determined that he would not, thankfully, plough into the master of ceremonies, but instead would probably land and roll into the box itself.

Kajor seemed unconcerned with his companion's predicament, he usually wound up doing something like that to Kressog, especially when the little Kobold played jokes on him. I decided to let my champions celebrate as they wanted, after all, it could only get harder from here, but I couldn't wait to be more proud of them then I was now.

"Walk together children, don't you get weary, there's a great camp meeting in the promised land...

Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:33 pm
Stablehand

Post First Encounter
(OOC: Tril, talk with me soon, we have to work this...)

Kajiwara was not one to pass judgements on anyone, nor was he in a position to place his official opinions on the table, but this was, in his unoficial opinion, taking too long to accomplish. Lady Yuukomono was insistant on fufilling her mission, and the Lord Norgarth had yet to return to us, effectively leaving us back where we started. She had made note of this and suggested that they travel to the town for supplies and negotiation purposes, the latter was a mystery to Kajiwara, so he insisted they remain and attempt once more to approach the Lord Yoshimutsu. Lady Yuukomono had agreed, but so far had done little to follow through on her claim, and now that the second round had officially started, Kajiwara decided to ask her again.

When he turned to speak to her, he found she had fallen asleep, and was curled up next to him, breathing softly. Kajiwara allowed himself a smile; she was still a child, no matter how mature, still a child. He had watched Yuukomono grow up from the energetic little child she had been to the beautiful, responsible young woman she was now, and the pleasant memories were strong enough to hide the lingering fact that he was a dozen seasons older then she.

So wrapped up in his memories was he that Kajiwara didn't even notice the three of them approach. One of them tapped his shoulder and, when Kajiwara turned to face the man, he was sent backwards by the punch the gruff looking fellow threw. Without thinking, Kajiwara rolled and came up in a low stance, a katana in his two hands flashed menacingly at the three as they took a moment to consider their position. Kajiwara took that moments to yell to Yuukomono.

"Yuukomono-San! Okite!"

The sleeping maid was on her feet in an instant, just in time to deftly leap backward and avoid a kick aimed at her midsection. Kajiwara was in front of her the second she landed, his blade pointed at the throat of the nearest attacker. The man hesitated, and then silently gestured for his companions to walk away. As he himself was about to leave, he spat at Kajiwara in contempt for the denial of his fun with the pretty young woman. It was in those seconds that Yuukomono struck out in her own way, taking one of the unceremonial, but still potent wooden sticks that held her hair up and tossed it at the man with deadly accuracy.

He didn't die, mostly because the wooden stick was not sharp enough to pierce his skin, but instead began to gag and gasp for air; Yuukomono's stick had struck him in the windpipe, and Kajiwara hoped the man understood just how close to death he could have been had she been using the more proper hashi to hold her hair up. Regardless of his thoughts, the man turned and left, joining his companions. Yuukomono took this time to compose herself, opening her fan and airing her face as though she were a lady who had been flustered by the attack, rather then the danger she could have been to those idiots. Kajiwara gave her a tight smile and then sat, gesturing for her to sit beside him. She nodded and sat, then began to lay back, then finally returned to the sleep that she had been roused from. Kajiwara smiled warmly at the sleeping maid and resisted the urge to stroke her hair.

"Oyasuminasai Yuuko-chan."

Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:44 am
Stablehand

News of his advancing bought a smile to Nereis's face, for now he would be able to redeem himself from the terrible mistakes he had made in the first match. Sitting among his goblin friends, he prayed to St. Tyris in silence. Back in the lands of Castillia, he would have never prayed outside the great sanctuary of Light, but here, one did need to make exceptions for obvious reasons, such as there being no temple of Light in the lands of Tonin.

As he spoke the words of his heart to St. Tyris in his mind, he could feel a presence enter his thoughts. The presence was one of great power, and Nereis could feel the influx of magic to his system bolstering his aura, no doubt making it visible for some distance. Before he could open his eyes, a voice began to ring in his mind.

"Say goodbye to your soul.
Strike with the power of desecration.
Be vigilant wthin my arms.
The purity of crystal shatters all.
The heart's light shows the way.
Waters annoint the weary.
Shadows drink the light.
The elements rage outside the eye of the storm.
Echoes Marr the mind.
The chains of death are always strong."

The voice continued to repeat itself after that, and Nereis quickly shot open his eyes, a frown forming on his face. St. Tyris often spoke to him, and his patron did often speak in cryptic riddles and questions, but this was new. He would have to figure it out, and a pang in his heart told him that he would have to figure it out before his match.

When Lia had come to announce the advancements, there was something in her magic signature that seemed slightly askew. Nereis wasn't sure what that something was, but he would probably find out soon enough.

Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:53 am
Stablehand

OOC: This is an apology for godmoding earlier under my Bracus alt. Sorry to those it affected and to the entire thread.

IC: The half brownie/half centaur walked to the tournament grounds and hoped he didn't miss too much. He had heard about it on the road and after arriving in the lands of the Ronin asked about it. A couple of names were spoken that caught his attention and he knew he had to go and see them and watch the tournament.

He eventually found his way to the spectator area and it was rather crowded. His brownie side was reveling in the excitement. His face bore the look of an overjoyed child! He constantly stopped people to ask them questions and they tended to get annoyed by him as he would prattle on to them for as long as they would allow. He saw the end of the first round and he was having a very good time. He saw a big comotion and the crowds gathered around it and he just couldn't get to it, so he just kept on watching people and waited for the next round of matches. He stopped a couple who were just turning around and going to find a good place to watch the next weapons and magic match when Palin stopped them.

Good afternoon Sir, madam. I was wondering if you knew where the matches were taking place and who was participating and isn't this fun? I mean I haven't seen a tournament like this in years. I saw that Calenia fight years ago in a different place, and she is even better now! Can you believe the level these fighters, archers and magic users are at? It's amazing! Did you hear who made it to the next round? I missed who was announced and you two look like you would know. Oh and by the way my name is Palin.

Palin stops to take a breath and he smiles at the couple and they seem a little disturbed.

Oh excuse me, are you two feeling ok? Is something wrong?

The man stops Palin before he can say anymore.

Whoa! The tournament matches take place right over there, where the last ones were at. Now if you will excuse us, we want to find a good place to watch the matches.

The couple then leave Palin as fast as they can. Palin get's a confused look.

Well, that was rather rude of them. They didn't even answer any other questions or say goodbye? Oh well, I want to see who is fighting next.

Palin heads off to where it looks like the anouncements were made for the next matches.

Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:12 pm
Stablehand

He had once had a name. Some time, fifteen years ago perhaps, he was once known by a name, the very word that one often defines themselves by. Yet that year, his tenth birthday, he began his life as a monk, one of the hardest and most trying courses of life one could undertake, but the lands in which he came from, the northern lands of the Teutons, the harsh weather conditions had provided little diversion, allowing the young boy to focus his entirety on his studies and his training. His was not the only order of monks in the lands of Tonin, he knew this well. In fact, it was rumored that the lands he now travelled to, the lands of the Ronin, an order of warrior monks existed. He knew they would never meet with him; he was not committed to the goddess they worshiped, and in their eyes, more then anyone else's, that made him a heathen worthy of extermination.

But that was the life they had chosen, and he could not, would not fault them for it. He had come to the lands of the Ronin to see the tournament, quite a long journey for one on foot from the far north, and hoped that he would be able to watch that tournament in peace.

When he finally reached the city of Imhabia, the Teutonic Monk (for that is how all of his order are known) removed the traditional helmet that his order wore. It was made of good steel and covered his head and neck completely, masking his face from view. With the rush of cool air on his face again, the monk turned to his companion, a younger boy who was just starting his training. The lad, who had removed his smaller helmet, nodded silently to his teacher, and gestured with a gloved hand.

"Master, the tournament awaits us, shall we go?"

The Teutonic Monk returned the boy's nod and motioned for the lad to follow closely at his side.

They passed by the guards without incident as neither of them had weapons, either concealed or visible, though a fair amount of searching had been done given the outfits the two wore. Both wore the same deep green cloak that covered their bodies from the neck down, and when they donned their helmets, only the breaths of moist air that seeped through their visors revealed that there were actually living creatures within the folds and steel. Under the cloaks they wore both wore padded leather, but beause the boy was not as high up in the order, he was not permitted to wear the heavy chain mail that his older companion was.

The regional differences of the two were also apparent in their features. The Warrior Monk had creamy blonde hair that was trimmed and well-kept and his eyes were the cold blue one associates with ice water. The young lad, whose name was Mindugas, or at least it would be until he finished his final committments, had dirty-brown hair, and his eyes were several shades a less intense blue then the Teutonic Monk. Both of them had the broad shoulders common of their peoples from the north, and both carried themselves in the same manner: calm, controlled, almost benevolent, though there was a youthful energy in Mindugas's step that he had not yet learned to discipline from his poise.

When they arrived at the tournament grounds, the Monk and his young companion staked out a small patch of ground to set up their tent made of wolfskins, and as soon as it was finished, the Monk sent Mindugas off to gather some wood for a small fire they could warm themselves by while they waited for news on the tournament.

Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:09 pm
Stablehand

Post Spectating
Maktor watched both contestants have at eachother with large thrusts, feints and blows of reckless abandon. The demon lord was, as much as Maktor hated to admit it, a good opponent for Zollken. The giant had little chance to use his strength so far, though it looked like now the ensuing match would be a complete polarital opposite from his previous one. The Demon Lord Ten, whom Maktor heard was once the leader of the Orb, a guild of the god Foret, was fast, dangerous and cunning; much like the giant. Something in Zollken's body language told Maktor he was having difficulty focusing, and then it came clear.

He was not used to dual wielding. The realization slammed into Maktor like a rock to the head, and the goblin began to mentallly scream out.

"Drop one of your swords Maxi, you can't fight with two to your best ability..."

Maktor only wished he could tell his friend, but it would be up to the giant to figure it out for himself. he only hoped the giant would figure it out before it was too late and became a mistake...

"Walk together children, don't you get weary, there's a great camp meeting in the promised land...

Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:17 am
Stablehand

In all the fights, all the wars she had seen and been a part of, Triliona had never witnessed such bloodshed. While she was glad that Zollken had an opponent more his size, the fight had quickly turned into a contest of first and last blood, and she found herself wincing as some of the more dangrous blows, such as when the Demon Lord Ten had cut into both the giant's shoulders and when Zollken hit the Demon Lord in the face with his powerful swing.

Then the final blow had been struck as the Demon Lord leapt in the air. The blade met his skull and shattered like glass thrown against a stone wall. Though Triliona had no way of knowing, she imagined that Zollken was not swinging anywhere close to full strength, and that he had simply gotten lucky enough to hit the Demon Lord in the same spot he had earlier.

Whatever the case was, both contestants were seriously wounded, and Triliona doubted she could save them both...unless.

There was a technique that she once learned as a goblin studying the arts of the shaman and mystics long before she became a priest. Now, the technique came back to her as she pushed her way through the crowd with Kajor and five of his trolls behind him. Most of the spectators had taken cover when the sword shattered, and thus it was easier for her to see the two tattered souls on the battlefield.

When she got to the edge of the field, she stopped, realizing that the null-magic spell was still in effect, and that she would have no way to help either until they were outside it.

She called over several of the Ronin healers to join her and Kajor.

"I want you to tell me where you take the Demon Lord, I wish to come and help with his healing process. Kajor here and his trolls will carry Zollken from the field and take him to where he can be healed properly."

Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:47 pm
Stablehand

The cleric headed towards the announcement Box. He got there and saw the postings of who was fighting in the weapons and magic matches. He smiled when he saw his old friends name on the magic list. He looked around the area of the Box hoping to see another old friend. But he did not see her around so he went to watch the weapons match between the Demon and the Goblin Giant.

When he got over there the fight was just beginning as the demon charged the giant. The cleric starewd in awe and a little bit of horror as the two immensely strong warriors battled. But then his brownie side took over as the battle grew more exciting with each blow. Palin elbows other spectators and speaks excitedly of the fight...

Oh wow! Did you see that? Can you believe how strong they are? Oof! ow! Oooohhhh!! yow! Look at all the blood! They are gonna need a lot of healing! look at how fast the demon moves. How can someone that big move so fast and be so agile? The giant is stronger than I would have thought! Ouch! That must have hurt! I can't believe they are both stand...wait I spoke too soon. That was some fight! I don't normally like fighting, but in a tournament or when it's that last option, then it's not so bad. But that was a great match! I hope the Ronin healers are not too overwhelmed with healing those two! I need a closer look. I'm gonna get closer and see if they are both still down and out.

Palin weaves his way through the crowd and get's closer to the field. He tries to get as close as he can to see if the demon and giant are still out. He then perks up when he hears a woman saying she wants to help heal the demon. He turns and sees a woman goblin. He has never met a goblin, much less a goblin who was a cleric/priest or just a healer? He shrugs and watches to see where they are going to bring the combatants. He now has three people he wants to either catch up with or actually meet for the first time.

Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:35 am
Stablehand

(OOC: Very sorry for not having posted as much as I would have liked in this thread, 'fraid that a lot of other stuff has been grabbing my attention as of late!)

The little elf scratched her nose thoughtfully and peered intently at the back of someone's knee as if all the knowledge of the world was written down there. Helania was still busy looking out for trouble, apparently still worried that somehting awful was going to head their way. Of course if anything like that did head their way then it was pretty good odds that the tiny thief would be running away before it ever got close to her. In Aurelia's mind there was nothing wrong with a little danger...just so long as it was a long way away. After all it might be very interesting to look at but there was no need for it to come after her, or at least not as she saw the world anyway.

Aurelia rapped on the person's leg before her in as polite a manner as possible, she fixed a big grin on her face and waited for the person to turn around. She stood there for a moment, the smile practically etched on her face, and as the moment lengthened into a good couple of minutes the smile took on more of a strained quality. Ah-hem, Aurelia said, clearing her throat unnecessarily. She wasn't entirely sure why people did that, but the little elf had often seen people at court using it as a way of getting the attention of others. AH-hemshe tried again, but the spectator in front of her steadfasted ignored her.

Well this just isn't right, Aurelia frowned, placing her hands on her hips and dropping the smile completely. Have you never heard of manners? I know I have, and manners say that you shouldn't ignore someone like you are. You should turn around and say 'Yes? How may I help you?', or 'Did you require my attention?', or something like that. You've got to be polite and nice or the whole world would be very messed up and we wouldn't want that. Having manners is very important everyone which is exactly why you shouldn't be ignoring me. I knowcked with is what you're supposed to do and I was all ready to say 'Hello, my name's Aurelia, would you mind getting out fo the way so I can actually see the matches?' That's not an unreasonable request is it? I don't think it is, no more than you'd want if you were me. After all how would you feel if you'd come all the way to Imhabia to watch the tournament only to find that someone much bigger than you was standing in the way? You'd wouldn't feel happy at all about the situation, especially if the person had manners like yours. Aurelia fell into her one-sided conversation on manners easily enough, rapidly turning it into a lecture of sorts even if no one was actually listening to her.

The tiny thief was sure that something really interesting was going on in the match that was currently being played out, indeed everyone around her seemed to be enjoying it, and she hated being the only one to miss out on all the fun. Just because everyone else was so ridiculuously tall and out of proportion with her world didn't give them any right to be enjoying stuff that she couldn't see. Aurelia began to dig about in her pockets, finally pulling out a large quill made from a bright purple feather. Whatever bird it had originally been a part of hadn't stood much chance of hiding when the hunters came for it, not if it had all been that colour. She looked uncertainly from the quill to the back of the person, biting her lower lip nervously. Now just you remember, you made me do this with all your bad manners, you can't go blaming me for it after its happened. Infact I think I shall be most annoyed if you break my quill, it's muy favourite you know.

The human carried on watching the match and missing the small elvish voice that muttered near his knees. Aurelia shook her head, manners these days, she said softly before jamming the pointed end of the quill into the man's knee.

Arghhhhhh, the man immediately reacted, turning around and staring angrily at the tiny elf. There was no doubt that Aurelia had his full and undivided attention now, however much she might not want it anymore.

I warned you, I did try to be polite-but she never got a chance to finish her explantion and tell him that she had only wanted to see the match.

Why you annoying little bug, the man howled, reaching down to grab the tiny creature that had hurt him. What he failed to take into account was that Aurelia was more than used to this kind of thing. She had often needed to make a quick escape from people who appeared angry at her, something that she had never understood, the little thief was rarely aware of why she annoyed people. But when she saw the look on the male spectator's face some reflex within her mind forced her legs into movement.

Aurelia ran through the crowd, the man following close behind her, and someone even further behind she thought she heard Helania calling out her name. The archeress had obviously noticed that something that had happened to her smaller companion, whether she would figure it out before the man got hold of Aurelia was another matter entirely.

Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:57 pm
Stablehand

(OOC: I spoke to Demon Lord Ten about this beforehand, though I will not be godmoding)

Triliona watched with a somewhat detatched concern as Kajor and his companions lifted Zollken and carried the half-conscious giant to the special field she had enchanted with four powerful wards of healing. It would sustain Zollken until she could return and work on him properly, and with any luck, that would be sooner rather then later. She mouthed a good luck to Nereis silently as she followed the healers who carried the Demon Lord to their tent again. When the group got inside, they laid him on one of the beds and began to chant various healing spells. While Triliona applauded them for their efforts, she knew there was a better way to help him.

It was known to her that Ten was a Demon, and as such, he fed off the life force of a creature; it not only healed him faster, but would also provide him with bolstered regeneration power. As such, Triliona decided to help him the best way she knew how.

The consequences did not matter to her, she was a priestess, pure and simple.

Making sure she stayed out of immediate striking distance, Triliona called softly to the Demon Lord.

"I have a gift for you, warrior of evil. I offer you a portion of my life power to heal yourself with, and regardless of what you think afterward, I still offer it freely."

Triliona knew she didn't have the fine control over her magic that Nereis had, but it didn't take much effort to conjure up a portion of her life energy and bring it to her hand in the shape of a small flame. Holding that hand palm out towards the demon lord, Triliona winced as the life force leapt from her hands in a gentle stream of fire that played over the Demon Lord, bathing him in its gentle power. It would be up to him to absorb it and use it as he deemed necessary. Triliona quickly cut her connection to the lost energy when it had all left her hands, less the Demon take more then what was offered.

Her task done, she left the tent, which was now silent after her action, and hoped that she had done something to help. Zollken needed her now, and she allowed her pace to quicken to a run as she hurried to her friend.

Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:29 pm
Stablehand

Post I just hope I don't mess anything up
"Sir!" hissed Selians top assistant, Verbisc. He waved his hand dismissivly at his right hand man, making sure he understood his unwillingness to concede. Selian had been in buisness for a long time, and knew exactly how to get things done. And being impatient- especially in betting schemes such as the one Selian was illegeally running -was dangerous buisness. Not that danger wasn't always looming on the horizon, the dark lightning filled clouds which spelled doom and gloom for all who experienced exactly what they were about, but Selian wasn't especially concerned about danger. He had never been in any real danger physically. There was, however, a lot of money riding on these games going on below which played out frentically. Selian had been having a hard time keeping of track of things while not actually watching the fighting below. But now that he had arrived... things seemed a bit clearer but by no means understood. There were people he hadn't expected winning when he wanted them to lose. That was unacceptable.

Down below he saw an older foe of his. He was pretty sure this man didn't even know who he was. And Selian had bet against the woman he was helping out. What a godamned nusance!

"Sir, must I remind you what is at stake?" his employee asked hurriedly. Selian was a patent man, but how much more of this could he take? God, he thought, shut him up.

"What exactly would you like me to do," Selian asked evenly. The trick was to never let them see how angered you were. Then they got afraid, and then you got nowhere...

"Well, sir, we do always have that option... of..." his voice trailed off as the words unspoken were absorbed. He spoke of a highly skilled man who many people knew as the most feared bounty hunter in the world. He was expensive... but then again... so would be losing any more money on this damned tournament...

"No," he said, again with the utmost of caution in his voice. Never show them anger... "it's not that time yet. When it is... it is."

Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:32 pm
Stablehand

Post Post
When conscious returned to Nereis out on the magic field, he immediatly began drawing as much energy to him as possible, as he had not seen his opponent's condition, though his body protested the action. His lungs ached from the freezing energies still around him, and he knew that there would be nothing he could do to help himself; when one is half-frozen, the ability to chant/draw runes/silent cast is somewhat lost.

Thus, when the wizards of Ronin began coming onto the field, they did the job for him. Nereis had, in his vows, sworn to never lose focus enough from his methodology to need the aid of an outside healer. But this tournament in itself seemed to be a large contridiction to his viows, and at this point he was thankful enough to be out of the cold, so when he was finally able to stand and move again, he gave his healer, a woman mage, a friendly smile.

"Thank you."

She blinked and stood there, a look of almost-suspicion on her face.

"Of course..."

Something in her manner told the adept that she was...uncomfortable in his presence? It seemed strange to him, but Nereis did understand the mistrust, especially in the times of war that were here.

As he left the arean and was walking back to his friend's camp, a young man approached him form the crowd and held up an apprentice's staff and wore on his robes the symbols of Isona, one of the three gods of Tonin.

"Hail Wizard! I liked your match, you and the Archmage are my favorites."

I nodded appreciatively and saw the question in his eyes before he even voiced it.

"You wish me to practice with you perhaps? I cannot divulge my methods, mostly because I am still an apprentice to them myself, but I could speak of what I do know."

He nodded and then asked the question that Nereis had been fearing since the beginning of the tournament.

"That would be great! Umm, but what is your faith? My teacher, that guy over there, said I can't recieve instruction from heathens."

The word "heathens" stuck in Nereis like a knife. He had not devoted myself to a god or goddess of Tonin; it was enough to be devoted to magic, for it is quite the taskmaster even without the faith concept. Yet as he looked around, Nereis could see the question in the eyes of those around us who heard his question. They wanted to know what he thought, and while Nereis was flasttered that as even an adept his opinion mattered to them, he realized the danger that presented itself here. While the Ronin leadership and guards/mages had been tolerant, the crowd was quite a different concept altogether.

Thus he took the three gods of Tonin and worked them around in his head, trying to figure out which one would fit his current ideology. None of them won the contest. Instead, he returned himself to his former life: how would a powerful, arrogant, war-approving high priest cast their lot of faith in this land?

The answer came clearly to him then, and he nodded to the apprentice.

"Tell your master that I am a follower of Isona, and that as such, I would be happy to speak with him if there is an issue of faith. And don't call me a wizard, I'm just an Adept, only a few steps up from you really, so lets not be formal between each other. When can I talk with you?"

The young man seemed delighted and quickly went off to tell his master what I had said, and tossed a "later, perhaps." over his shoulder at Nereis. The young adept smiled to himself and continued back to where his friends were; at least they, like him, served no gods of Tonin. In fact, that wasn't even an issue to them, and that was all the better...

Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:00 am
Stablehand

The tournament had reached a sort of standstill as far as its progress was concerned. The next match, the one between that Yoshimutsu guy and the butch woman Meriane hadn't started yet, and thus, Kajor took the time to sit with Zollken and compare notes on their performances so far. The troll though he had some idea of what was happening, but it is always best to pool information; your friend can have an angle you don't, after all.

Still tingling with anticipation of the award ceremony, Kajor suddenly realized the pangs in his stomach over his chosen course were those of guilt. He had yet to show Maktor his secret, and he knew the goblin would not take it well at all. Maktor was one of those leaders who remained faithful, who believed that anything can change and adapt over time; all you had to do was find the right components to trigger the change. While Kajor admired him for that, he knew that Maktor was forever going to remain devoted to Angelique, a goddess who had existed only in their past lives, and who probably would not exist again.

As such, he had wrestled with decisions regarding his faith in this, his new home. Isona appealed to him directly for her love of war and endorsement of glamor and combat, but he so far had remained neutral in his faith, mostly out of respect for his leader. But then, with the goddess Isona in mind, he had made his choice, and he intended to reveal it, but not yet. The time was not right, and Isona could wait to hear his declaration of faith.

Heading over to his personal belongings stashes, Kajor half-smiled, as best a troll can, as he gingerly opened a sack slightly and peeked inside...

Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:53 am