It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:06 am

A New Arrival 
Stablehand

Post A New Arrival
The sweet smell of verdant clover drifted across Colby's nostrils, as he came over the rise of the sparse hillock, to survey the land before him. Up ahead, at a bustling crossroads, was a densely packed trading station - exactly the sort of place he'd been looking for.

His eyes lit up at the sight of so much activity. After so many tiring months of travel, it seemed he'd finally found a land prosperous enough to support a worker of his particular occupation.

"Well, eh, " he said to himself. "It's high time I advertise I'm open for business, likes. This place... it's good. I should be stayin' for quite a while."

Shouldering his pack, he headed down towards the activity of the marketplace. He was new, sure, and the ways might be strange to him here - just as much as his ways must seem to them. But there was always room in any land for a salted veteran like himself, much less one blessed with blarney and the quickness of wit. He'd just have to hope the people who'd approach him would be able to take the time to explain their ways to him.

Reaching the edge of the trading center, he sought his way out to the military wares. Weapons, armor, and professional soldiers all vied for the attention of the nobles of the land, selling arms and service.

Stabbing his walking stick into the ground, he hung his pack around it, and a hastily-drawn sign, boldly proclaiming:

MERCENARY FOR HIRE!
Capt. Colby Coltran
- Reasonable rates -
Any Race, Any Faith

"Alright, then!!" his voice thundered across the marketplace, a voice long accustomed to bellowing orders and leading men.

"Who'll be the first to pledge their gold, fer me to pledge my service?"

(OOC: New here, but not to the genre. Will pick a race and faith dependant on whomever's willing for me to join their clan. ICQ or post offers here.)

Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:45 pm