It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:06 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The Hunt for the Nest (again) 
Stablehand

Post And now... from the Im too lazy to change my username dept.
Llardorwyn glances around at all of the other dragons and elfwings, and realizes that they are not going to speak until he does. Figures.

"Very well.

Yes, I do know Fyssion, albiet I only met her a short time ago. Please accept my apologies for any misunderstandings between yourselves, because it is MY quest which she is participating in.

Yes. I wish to see the nests. I believe that I may have been hatched there.
I do not remember much of my early hundred or so years, other than one blinding moment of terror, followed by a flight with my mother and my nestmates to where I live now. Of course, over the centuries, my nestmates have wandered, and I was left alone. But now, I want to find my home. I have followed a number of clues to here.

And that is why I am here, council."

Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:58 pm
Stablehand

Toph looks down at the small elf and smiles.
"No, no, Aurelia, I dont think any of us want to really think about... you know what. Remeber, Cal, Silverwolfe an-" Toph breaks off as he realizes that Aurelia isn't paying attention to him, rather she is staring intently at her shadow, apparently trying to prevent it from jumping up and attacking her or something silly like that.
Toph smiles at the elfling, and glances up at Cal.
"I agree, Cal. I dont feel that an elfwing would be that... foolish. What lies between here and Tyrolea? Perhaps the threat is coming from somewhere between here and there, and it just appears as if the elfwings might have been involved."

Toph turns to the Clan Leader
"cousin elf, We will try to find the answer to your problems. Hopefully, we can help you."

"Thank you. Of course, we will be continuing our patrols."
"And I would not ask you to do otherwise, although you did give us a scare."
"Glad to know we aren't losing our touch." The old elf smiles.

Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:21 am
Stablehand

Cal rolled his eyes at Shiakara, knowing she and Cariana would be insufferable once they got together. It was a given. He lost concentration on what transpired between Toph and the elder elf until Toph spoke his name and he blinked at the sidhe, replaying the last few words in his mind then tilting his head to the side a little and frowning in thought.

Between here and Tyrolea...? There is naught... Only the plains. I cannot think of anywhere anything could hide between here and there... I- wait... There are tunnels throughout my city for the benefit of younglings and the few non-flyers who visit... I had heard there were entrances and other passages outside the bounds of the city. Apparantly no one knew where they came from or who built them or why and there is no actual record of them, only rumors. Perhaps... perhaps the Council would know but... I... I do not know if they will tell us... I do not know if my name holds the same weight it once did..."

Cal frowned again, thinking to himself and could come up with only one answer, though he was loathe to suggest it.

"The only way I can think of to find out what we need to know is to speak with my sister and use what influence she has over the Council. They listen to her (why I will never know) and it may be that she knows. If she does not, Mystic may and if he does not, then some dragon would and if Cari asked it of him, Mystic would find out for her. She is likely our best chance of learning anything."

And what a painful thought that was. Cal knew if he asked her help, he would never hear the end of it and she would ask a price, he had no doubt. The frightening thing was that with her touch insanity, the price could well be something as insane as dancing without music in the center of Tyrolea, nevermind that elveswing couldn't dance! Cariana could come up with any number of torturous, embarassing situations to put him in in return for her help.

Cal sighed. It didn't matter. Whatever this was could easily take a hold of his town and, much as he hadn't been back in a long time, he still didn't want to lose the place.

He nodded a little and spoke more to himself than Toph.

"Yes... Cariana is our best chance..."

~ ~ ~

The elfwing who stood close by Fyssion, the one who had been questioning her, nodded slowly to Llardorwyn and turned away from Fyssion in favour of the gold dragon. It was a subtle slight, but a slight nonetheless and he bowed his head a little in a gesture of respect to Llardorwyn.

"We thank you for your respect, Llardorwyn... You asked our names? I am Darian, elfwing First and this is Gyna, dragon First." He indicated the small black dragon. "Over there is Cariana Tiye'elenar, she Knows dragons, and her... companion, Mystic. I personally am inclined to grant what you ask for, but it is not my decision alone, and we must talk first. Cariana's council must be sought. Siirkinon estimates the rest of your party to be under a day away by foot and we would have you go back to them and travel with them. When you arrive back with them, we will hear you all."

The elfwing hesitated, glancing over his shoulder at a massive white dragon who nodded a little. The elfwing shook his head, but acknowledged whatever it was the small sign meant and turned back to Llardorwyn.

"I am not happy with the decision to let this entire group enter Tyrolea. It consists of many different species and only one of them is an elfwing, and one who has not been back for a time. However, dragons are wise and they see more than we can. They say Calnydar and his companions should be brought before us and heard. It is... most unusual and... against my better judgement, but..." Darian trailed off and shook his head, turning his back to Llardorwyn and flexing his wings a little in obvious agitation. HE rubbed the bridge of his nose and his next words were almost silent. "Go now, Llardorwyn. Take Fyssion with you. We will see you soon..." He paused. "Tell Cal he was foolish to run."

Darian sighed and shook his head a little, the rest of the council giving him varying looks of understanding, sympathy, sorrow and pity. He went to the white dragon's side and touched her leg, looking up to her. She lowered her head to him and he spoke softly into her ear. She said nothing, but it was evident she was talking telepathically with him nonetheless.

Gyna looked up at Llardorwyn and spoke very softly.

"Please, go back now. There is much to be discussed. Be safe, na?"

She smiled at him and bowed her head, a final silent end to the conversation.

Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:20 am
Stablehand

Llardorwyn blinks as the elfwing speaks his mind. Llardorwyn had known that the elfwings were slightly... stuck up... if you will, but this was rather silly, not wanting to let people into the city because they were not elfwings... Llardorwyn glances out of the side of his eye at Fyssion, and begins to understand the impasse that formed between her and the council.
As Darian turned away, muttering about Cal, and how... he was foolish to run... Llardorwyn realizes that perhaps the reason this elfwing has reservations is not that there is only one elfwing in the party, but that the elfwing is Cal.
'Interesting' Llardorwyn rumbles, before looking down at the black dragon, Gyna. Although the dragon was... tiny, the command she posessed of the rest of the group was impressive, to say the least.
"Safe? I shall try. What could be of danger between here and my Chosen, anyways? I have made the journey once before."
With that, Llardorwyn bobbles his head towards the council, turns and takes to the sky. Fyssion follows, looking happy that, at last, she is able to fly again. The two dragons set off towards the rest of the group...

Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:57 pm
Stablehand

[color=dark red]It seemed to Yyekanara that they'd been doing a lot of standing around lately and that there wasn't anything overly dangerous going on at all in this journey and she wondered why it was They'd sent her on it. Of course, she would never get a reply and sometimes she wasn't even sure if she really wanted one. They weren't gentle whenever They cared to speak with her, which wasn't often.
The nymph looked out over the swaying grass, fingering the hilt of her sword. It was true everything looked still and peaceful, even with the elves all around, bows and swords held loosely in capable hands. It was hard to imagine that anything could be wrong here, but it was obvious that was the case. She could feel it in the small animals in the grass and the few birds in the sky.
She scratched her nose, closing her eyes for a moment in thought. It didn't really do much. She didn't come up with any very startling ideas. She had the thought that Shiakara looked very cute with flowers growing all over her and that this Cariana would be someone she'd very much like to meet. She thought they'd get on well. Aside from that, there wasn't much, not even the voices of the animals gleaned any answers.
Yyekanara shrugged a little, looking up at the sky and the vague whisps of cloud there. She smiled and giggled for no apparant reason.[/color]

Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:28 am
Stablehand

Cal lifted his head at the sound of beating wings, surprised when Llardorwyn and Fyssion were revealed as the makers of the sound. He hadn't thought the Council would send them back to the group... He shrugged a little and turned to Toph as the party of elves left them alone.

"We are just under a day from Tyrolea on foot. Since is seems things are not as they should be, perhaps we should make haste and set off now?"

Toph nodded and Cal smiled a little, then turned and led the group off, setting a rather brisk pace.

It seemed almost as though the sun followed them, moving on its journey through the skies as they travelled on land. It would have been a pleasent walk, Cal thought, had worries not weighed so heavily on his mind, primarily the question of how he himself would be recieved in Tyrolea. But, he amended, at least he was an elfwing.

The pace he set, it happened that they were just entering Tyrolea at the setting of the sun. Cal paused and lifted a hand, smiling a little despite himself.

"Tyrolea..." he murmured proudly.

They stood at the entrace to a valley which they could not see the other end of. Ranged up the sloping walls were hundreds, thousands of what looked to be the entrances to tunnels or caves. Hardy flowers and creepers pattened the walls, adding colors to the rock and fragrance to the air. From the very top of the valley walls, streams of water ran down the cliffs, supplying the elveswing homes with what water they needed for cooking and drinking and, in the light of the setting sun, the water sparkled and shone. Elveswing flitted back and forth across the red-stained sky, pausing sometimes to chat and gossip. And above all, there was song. Every voice not occupied with something else was lifted to the heavens in a never-ending song.

It wasn't long before Llardorwyn and Fyssion drew attention and a few elveswing dropped from the sky, landing lightly before the group. They milled around for a while, muttering to each other, before one grew bold enough to step forward and speak.[/color]

"Clear skies, Calnydar Tiye'elenar... It has been long since you were last here... Tell me, why do you bring these... these... others here?"

The word "others" was coated in scorn and no small amount of disgust and the elfwing seemed to look down his nose at the rest of the group, folding his arms over his chest. Cal tilted his head, frowning a little.

"You would do well to watch your tongue, Rin. I see it acts before your mind as ever. You know me as I know you and you know you ought to be wary."

Rin curled his lip and dropped any sense of politeness by dropping into the Tyrolean tongue so none in the group could understand him save Cal. He hissed something that could only have been nasty, jerking his head at Toph and the others. Cal replied warningly, in the same tongue, his eyes flashing angrily. That gained a derisive laugh and Rin spoke so everyone could understand.

"You cannot tell me Calnydar Tiye'elenar has lowered himself so as to actually think something of these things? The tall elf is pretty, sure enough but... Cal, Cal, Cal... honestly!" Rin snorted, a sound of disgust and shook his head in disbelief.

Cal tilted his head, blinking slowly as he lifted a hand to tuck his hair behind his ear.

"You never were very intelligent..." was all he said.

Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:20 am
Stablehand

Location: Out of that pit of uncaring and beggining life anew
Holding a ball of liquid fire ready in his hand, Silverwolfe cast it past Rin's face to get his attention, then walked up to him, morphing into his demon-wolf form fire burning in his eyes. Magic had no affect on him as a wolf.

Elfwing, If you think we are less than you, then why are you afraid of insulting us. Why do you insult us in your language, instead of insulting us directly. You must fear us. If you wish to prove you don't, then strike me, hit me, harm me with magic.

Waiting a little bit, nothing happened.

Maybe if I insult you, you will get the courage to do something to me

Speaking in a demon-tounge that few people, and some dragons knew, he sounded the words so that Rin would understand. Releasing a string of insults and curses, grinned at the dark look on Rin's face, and spoke common, so everyone would understand.

Now then, Elfwing, Silverwolfe Said calmly, then turned his voice harsh,if you treat us with respect, I will treat you with respect, but if you think to insult us again, grinning evily, I will rip your wings from your body.

Smiling, he reverts to his Sidhe form, readies himself for a magical battle internally, and backs off a few steps. Seriously, he goes towards the other elfwings.

I respectfully ask you to stay out of the fight if Rin attacks me. I do not wish to harm more people than necessary.

Turning back to Rin he stands ready, waiting for his reply.

Its about skidding in sideways, screaming "Holy Shit, What a ride!"

Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:46 am
Stablehand

Llardorwyn barrel-rolls and lands among the questers, shifting to his elven form and informing them that they are awaited at the council meeting. Llardorwyn's blue eyes glimmer in the light of the rising sun. Fyssion lands with a bump, and without a word, begins to stomp towards Tyrolea.
"Please forgive her," Llardorwyn murmers... "She's... had a bad day." The party turns and walks towards Tyrolea...

Later that day, Llardorwyn looks up at the city of Tyrolea from below. 'How different it looks from here!' Llardorwyn thinks, ' From in the air it was chaotic, but here... it is beautiful!''

Llardorwyn sees a group of elfwings flying down from the city, and landing in front of the party. Llardorwyn blinks and shakes his head at the blatent hostility and arrogance that the elfwing showed to the party. Llardorwyn glances back at the others to see their reaction, and blinks. Fyssion had completely dissapeared! Finally, Llardorwyn found her, sitting on a rock a bit aways, smiling as the elfwing insults Toph and the others. Llardorwyn shakes his head, some things never learn.

Llardorwyn hears Silverwolfe begin to ask for a duel, and decides that this has gone far enough. Pushing his way between the two near-combatants, Llardorwyn fixes both Rin and Silverwolfe with an icy stare.

"Far Enough. Elfwing, we have no quarrel with you, why do you attempt to rile my friends?"
Before the elfwing has a chance to answer, another calls out from the crowd.
"Who are you to say what an elfwing is trying to do, elf?"
As with Rin, the second elfwing's tone dripped with contempt. Grumbling to himself, Llardorwyn walked over towards the elfwing.
"Do not make assumptions without knowledge, elfwing, because that is the first step to death." Llardorwyn murmers when he is close enough for the elfwing to hear.
"Are you threatening me, elf?" the elwing asks.
"You decide."
With that, Llardorwyn shifts into his natural form. Where the elfwing had been staring at an elf a few seconds earlier, now he was looking directly into Llardorwyn's swirling orange eyes. Llardorwyn gives the elfwing a toothy smile, and watches as the elfwing staggers away, shocked and scared.
[RED]"Good. Perhaps that will teach him a lesson."[/RED] Llardorwyn mutters before turning back to the rest of the group.

Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:44 pm
Stablehand

A murmur ran around the gathered elveswing as Silverwoulfe transformed, but there was no fear in them. They were too arrogant to be afraid. Rin smirked.

"I am not afraid to speak so you can understand me, wolfthing. I thought I was being polite, because it would have been wrong of me to allow you to hear the insults. After all, it is not good to make it obvious how much better I am than you." He smiled a smile full of false politeness and would indeed have taken up the challenge, had Llardorwyn not stepped in. He was about to tell the elf to get out of the way when another elfwing spoke up from behind him. He nodded in agreement with him, but his eyes widened when Llardorwyn showed his true form and all the elveswing backed up, placing a hand over their hearts and bowing their heads. Rin spoke for all of them.

"We have no quarrel with one of the Fire. It is not you we insult, sir. We would never presume so. Only with these, and Calnydar, who is deserving of it." Rin lifted his eyes to meet Cal's before snarling his next word. "Coward."

Cal closed his eyes and shook his head and when he opened them again, they sparked angrily at Rin, who merely smiled. Cal looked away, up to one of the caves and the anger was gone suddenly, replaced by something far less simple to read.

"Does everyone see it that way?" he asked softly, still looking upwards, and Rin nodded, sneering something in his own language.

Cal shook his head vehemently.

"It was not like that! You cannot know. No one can. Enough of this stupidity. I tire of you, Rin, and the rest of your sorry group. We have business with the Council." Cal paused, frowning a little in thought. "One thing, though... Tell me, where is Cari?"

Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:13 pm
Stablehand

Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:36 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3