It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 11:58 am

Shattering the ORB (closed) 
Stablehand

Post Shattering the ORB (closed)
ooc: a few people will be allowed in this thread... they know who they are.
[/end ooc]

Long had it been since the formation of the order... many years had passed and many lives had been seen from birth to death. Many had graced the halls of the forlorn keep on the side of a long forgotten mountain. The blood had stained the ground here... and what wandering souls remained on this land were now gathered to provide the means by which the demon healed.

Not even a few hours ago he had released all of the power gathered over the ages... all of the strength of his life and all of the souls of others... he had mounted an assault on a demi-god and lived to tell the tale. As others would, in time. His master had abandoned him and it had been that act which had finally opened the demon's eyes. There were no delusions now... only the sight of an age wasted on hate.

He felt the taint of all those souls leaving him... the stains of the Lord's blind hatred fading.

The order would die tonight... and with its death... he would be reborn.

Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:00 am
Stablehand

Deep in his newfound lair, in the broken and forgotten keep of Shatterstone deep into the deepest of the norther reachs...

The swirling snows that eternaly whirled in this desolate, near lifeless enviroment were nearly enough to shroud and skew the visions of the haunted castle...a castle once inhabited by the brave and noble Volarien, his courageous people...now fallen into disuse since the dissapearance of the great Lord who had once seated himself here.

Walls, broken in many places, stabbed through the endless drifts of snow, and where they stood tall and proud, their crenellated facings looked out into the wide tundra of ridges and valleys locked in eternal permafrost.

The Lord himself mused now....his hurts had been healing, but never before had any managed to cause him hurts. Whatever had happened, he had been careless, and overconfident in his abilities. He had to remind himself all them oren ow that while he was near absolute in his power, there were still others out there that could hurt or destroy him. Immortal by time, and nearly by damage, but not quite as of yet, immortal.

He sat upon a stone throne, carven in thel ikness of a dead serpent. It was his creation, for the old throne had been cast from the castle and lay outside buried in snow.

A lord to a peasentless land.

Before the throne, his pool of shadows stewed and simmered, offering the scries of the day...

He ahd attempted to find outas much about the old pawn as possible...and failed, for it was obscured in secrecy. She herself did not even rightly know...

And then there was the matter of the fallen Demon Lord Ten.

The scry was incomplete here...it was as if the Demon Lord wanted nothing to be seen of himself or anything about him...

The shadowy veils of the pool began to dissolve as the Lord released them to do his bidding elsewhere.

Ten had not been seen since...since after that Kardis woman unleashed that deadly energy within herself. He himself ahd nearly been slain, and in his desperation to escape...

No, Ten would need to be found. It was obvious to him now that the road ahead would not be one traversable alone...

He had but one means left....

The Lord solemnly spoke the two syllabls, and called out into the deeps of the Aethers...

"Ten...come at once!"

It was not the most elegant of summonings, but it would have to do...

Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:15 am
Stablehand

As his lands were cleansed of the death and souls Ten rose, taking in his hand the hatred blade. He roared in rage at his abandonment in his time of need. Cursing the lord he lifts his voice to the heavens. An earsplitting roar that parted the skies above.

Slowly... ever so slowly, the keep began to dissolve, the matter he had called together fading away. The only thing left when all was done was the tower... floating there in the sky as it had for ages past... the scrying smoke drifting from the hole in the roof as a great violet pillar.

The waves of energy altered... like a ripple in a lake. The drift of the smoke changed.. almost imperceptable.

Quote:
Ten...come at once!

The voice split the aether and the air as though it were yelled in his ear. He growled and dropped his shields. The rage ripped out of a body with a level of strength he had never before experienced. The sky over the realm grew dark though the sun shone brightly.

The sparse trees on the mountain and the bloodstained grass in the valley immediately wilted and died... bursting into flames as he sucked all of the living energy... and then all of the flame-generated energy out of the land.

He closes his eyes and with a great, explosive, thunderclap... he vanishes.

~~Shatterstone Keep~~

The air contorted with massive waves of rage generated heat. His hair blew up into the air as he stepped from the ripple and began walking toward the entrance to the keep. As the gateway closed another great blast of sound was created. He looked at the keep.... no longer seeing with his eyes but with his mind.

The great violet cloud of nothingness was there... in the depths of the keep... Ten imagined that he simply phased through the walls and was instantly standing next to the Lord.

He looked... breathed... and his eyes flashed.

Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:00 pm
Stablehand

The word had came to him via the heralds.The battle-scarred leader was deeply saddened to see the Order of the Radiant Blade leave the lands.

Some thoughts came over him..thoughts of wealth and health.Thoughts of equality and staunchness.Dreams of great men and honor. All those thoughts applied to the ORB.Indeed,Tonan would be less without these fine warriors.
The world works in mysterious ways however,ways unknown to mere mortals such as ourselves. Everything happens for a reason here and there is no doubt that the ORB warriors shall find a new home here in Tonan.

Heralds were sent out from the lands of the Vurumai.
heralds wishing the men and ladies of ORB, godspeed

NV-GM
stones to throw at my creator,
masochists,to which i cater

Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:22 pm
Stablehand

Ten appeared a lot more promptly than he had hoped for. Things had gone very badly...and they conitnued to get worse asd the hours passed. First Koriasai, and now that damnable woman managed to defeat him in combat. Defeat both of them as if they were merely mortals.

From the depths of that granite throne his eyes rose slowly to meet that of the younger Demon Lord, but they were no longer so full of confidence. He had seen two things he had thought impossible...the woman defeat him, and the youngster pull off with something ever more powerful than he could even dream of pulling.

"My friend...times seem to change ever more. The power of the ORB is broken, and even now I feel it twitching in its throes of death. Even now, the usurper cleans my place of power, cleans it of my own creations. Even now, I must sulk in my own defeat as it has been handed to me."

The lord leaned a little from the shadows that consumed the depths of that throne, allowing light to be cast upon his elegant, misleading face. Strain shone upon it, for Avanth was not by his nature used to losing anything.

"Perhaps you wonder why I summon you. It is apparent that while our ways differ, you are not the mere child, the mere demonling I had at first thought. You proved as much to me when you fought the silver haired witch, and though you lost, you proved to me that our mettle is at least equal. However, a tutor I can now longer claim to be. You are beyond that...a friend, indeed, to have stood up aghainst her instead of flee..."

The lord rose slowly from his seat, grimacing at the felt pain of where he had been run through by fist. HE motioned for Ten to come and look into the Shadow Pool....an image was portrayed there.

The image was of their enemy, now both their enemy. Seska Kardis, and others in the background...

Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:16 pm
Stablehand

"...a tutor I can now longer claim to be. You are beyond that...a friend, indeed, to have stood up against her instead of flee..."

Aye... I stood... and I fell... but no matter... I have evolved mentally... beyond what even I thought possible. I seem to have tapped my full potential... and in doing so increased the level of energy I produce without effort...

Ten wonders for a moment how much the energy he took from Koriasai and his OWN land will increase his strength. He ponders the words just spoken for a moment. Both Avanth's words and his own words seem to be unnatural for the respective personalities.

The Hatred Blade levitates over to the pool into which Avanth is gazing and Ten walks slowly to it. Even powerfully injured he now has little trouble completing complicated tasks such as ripping through the aether, rather than simply opening a gateway, and walking the path of the abyss to reach this dismal deserted place...

Even that had not strained him.. but something as simple as walking... oh how his ribs hurt... and his arm...

Blood pounded through his skull making the veins on his forehead stand out. As he gazed down into the pool his head filled with thoughts...

You... abandoned me... to die.

Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:34 pm
Stablehand

The Lord looked deep into that pool, lost in thought as Tens words washed over him. Plans, ideas...things that usually came easily to him did not come so easily now. He was at a block...there was no way he could proceed alone anymore.

The lord turned and looked at Ten.

"Your facination with evolution need end here. Even with your full power, and your capability, that little bitch managed to push both of us off...without receiving more than a scratch from the two of us. We need to worry about getting rid of her. And there are ways...but we cannot openly face her. Your power, my power...both are useless. Even used in tandem, with such strength as tha-"

Out of the corner of his eye, he say a sillouette in the pool of shadows, a grinning form, almost not visible but yet there. It was mocking him.

"Vile, double crossing interfereing old baggage! Stay from me, bitch...."

The Lord waved his hands, dispelling the scrying pool into its inert shape. The ghostly shadow of that woman faded slowly, and then dissappeared altogether.

Avanth looked up at ten, rage filling his eyes...

"But fo course I had not abandoned you. We are immortal...we can only be inconvenienced by a lack of a body. However, I believe it was you who left before I did in the end...I merely crawled away first."

The lord grinned wryly at his own terrible joke, and stared once more at the inert scrying pool, with a painedl ook upon hios face...

And there is so much more to this than appears....I knowi t...

Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:01 am
Stablehand

Lack of a body.... I shall never be without form... I'll explain another time...

I evolve because it is a part of my biological growth... from birth to maturity... this is how I gain strength... and even at only the seventh stage I was capable of things I could not have imagined.

His mind had moved on.. as he had known it would.

Absently he placed his finger against the surface of the pool... and instantly a fog descended within it... Avanth's influence left the pool almost entirely. Images of Ten's evolutions began to flash across the surface of the pool.

First the form of a small goblin-like demon. Sickly green skin and deep black eyes.

Second the growth of wings and the growth to five feet tall... it had been amazing to achieve flight for the first time... The burning desire to fell the moons had been with him ever since.

Third... reaching 7 feet tall for the first time... He had then been torn from his reality and cast into this one... many times since had he tried to traverse the aether back to his own reality... each time finding that he could not. It seemed to have vanished in his absence.

Nothing really remarkable had happened in the next 2 evolutions...

At the fifth he had reached 15 feet tall and stepped into the ranks of Dark Crown for the first time... there he had grown... met allies and enemies... gained knowledge of how to rule... and how to war...

At the sixth he had gained the favor of the new god, Foret... and been given the Radiant blade... he had used it to bring justice to the lands. He had attained the largest body size of any demon in history... a full 20 feet. The blade had been 10 feet long at the time... He had grown an extra set of wings then...

Now... at the seventh he had finally realized the full potential of the current form... meaning that when he evolved again... his potential would be greater than anticipated. Two more stages... and already a drastic increase...

His own energy was finally overcome by Avanth's and the pool once again grew dark.

Regardless of the inability to destroy her... I wish to reach my full potential... and try again. I despise being defeated. This was not defeat... she humiliated me.. and I'll kill her for it.

His eyes... the eyes that normally would have flashed at this statement... now grew cold and lifeless... his rage had finally overcome him, been expelled, and assimilated into his being as a constant part of him... The lack of souls was something he would never tell anyone... they had been expelled.

They had left their mark though... forever would his flesh radiate the awesome power of that one attack while being incapable of reproducing it... Even now he could hear the whispers of those departed souls. They echoed in his mind. He had finally freed them... and they had thanked him... rather than curse him for holding them.

The blade, too, grew dark in his rage... somehow seeming to suck into it all the surrounding light.

He was feeding on his own rage...

Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:09 am
Stablehand

"Defeat the Dragonslayer? I doubt it. Kill her? I know you can't...due largely to the fact she allready killed herself. But don't go thinking that you are alone in humilliation...she did as much to me as to you."

The lord sighed, regaining control once again, and turned from the darkened pool after the Demon Lord's light show. He resumed his position on his throne, bathed in the soothing shadows, and thought long and hard.

"Now, my dear friend in suffering, we are faced with an interesting predicament. This witch is not alone. That is part of the problem facing us...she has all manner of allies, as well as personal gaurds. ALl of them together with her can destroy us. Each of them seperatly is vulnerable, but we cannot get close enough to erradicate them. However...."

He grinned maniacly to himself, secretly in the shadows...

He casually waved his hand at the scrying pool again, and a lifelike image of a woman, red hair and loose kimono of deep violet and crimson. She stood with her back to both of them...but somehow, the potence of this creatures violence could be portrayed by its picture.

"However, there are others who can. And this one right here is perhaps the best we shall ever be able to find. Perhaps you know her, Ten?"

Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:41 pm
Stablehand

The demon watched the pool slowly twist into the image of the redhead. He listened, silently, as the Lord spoke... and when he finished.. Ten replied.

No. I do not know her. Though.. I shall soon if I am correct. For if this is the only way to go about it... I shall do what it takes to see Seska broken. That bitch shall pay. .... dearly.

The lifeless tone of his voice would have scared those next to whom he had fought in the past. Always he had been quick to anger. Always he had been violent and hateful. Never before though, had he been so brutally careless about murdering those that stood in his way.

Now he merely wanted to finish with this leg of the journey and go back to being in control.

Make no mistake though... eventally, dead or not, I will destroy her once... and for all.

Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:05 pm
Stablehand

The Lord looked into the middle distance, and grimaced slightly as Ten made his proclamation...

"Yes...you shall kill her....and I shall kill her"

His eyes seemed to glaze over as if he were trying to tackle an elusive thought, but quickly he regained his composure...

"Well, I did not think you would recognize this one. However, I do. This is Aeyliea, and for the sweetness of irony, our own weapon against the Slayer happens to be her own daughter."

The Lord leaned out of the shadows, a sick and twisted grin upon his depraved face. He waved the image away, and then stared into Ten's face.

"Yes....but first we must contact her. She is most twisted and vile, but she is also a soldier or an assasin of fortune. Those who pay the most, get her. I cannot myself go into the place where this woman resides...however, you can."

The lord raised his hand for a moment, pointing to the pool once more. The surface remained inert, however, a book that had not been there previous now rested upon its surface.

"What is in this book are a couple of things you will need. A spell that will totally hide your identity, a spell that will hide and alter your aura, and a spell to allow you to take on a completely different shape for an indefinate period of time. They will prove invaluable to infiltrating the City, Civitas Aeternus. If she is not in town, then you can alter yourself suitably to get into Koriasai without detection. If she isn't in town, she will be in my former tower toying with my former playthings. Almost assuredly."

Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:51 pm