It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The Temple of Skye (INCA - closed) 
Stablehand

UD, comes forward looking to his left, he looks at Lynea who is very beautiful. Wondering why he was asked to step forward with this woman, UD could not understand, but he was not complaining. He gave Lynea a smile and looked back at the old man.

After listening to the instructions I turned to talk to Lynea and it went suddenly dark and cold. Where are we UD thought in his head. Lynea replied, we must be in the caves.UD looked in the direction of Lynea wondering how she new what he thought. UD then looked around as his eyes started to adjust to the darkness. Looking down the path to his right, UD said, this must be the way, it seems to be brighter in this direction. Lynea said, no this must be the way it is lighter this way. Looking in the direction UD wanted to go he started to walk and instantly fall to his face, getting up angered because he thought Lynea tripped him realized she had fallen also. Looking to there ankles his could see they had been chained. Reaching out UD offers to help Lynea up.

Last edited by Ud on Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:30 am
Stablehand

His strength was failing him, and he knew he'd soon be plummetting into an unknown void. He had none to blame but himself, but it was too late now. His arrogance had sealed his own fate. Memories flashed through his mind; memories of glorious battles, love and life lost, images of his friends and swordmates... memories of soaring through the air, of a life of laughter... memories of his wife and daughter, whom he had only recently been reunited with after years of separation... Of all the ways for his life to end, surely this should not be it. It could not be it!

He had not always been blessed by the divine. He had not always had mastery of sorcery. And yet, in those times, he had still stood on his own feet. He had earned what he had with nothing but determination and spirit. Now that it had all been taken from him, that was all he had once more. But his chance for redemption was at hand... one more time, he could rely on his will to see him through. Summoning all his remaining strength, he pulled himself up far enough with one arm to grab hold of something with his other. Straining to his limits, he lifted his weight onto the bridge, which was still swaying madly in the winds. Once up, he hooked his hands and feet around ropes, and waited, at the mercy of the wind, regaining his strength. Minutes passed, and his breathing became easier. He had to move; he had no idea how long this bridge would last under these conditions.

Disoriented by the ordeal, he wasn't sure which way was the right way. Taking a guess, he crawled along the bridge inches at a time, making sure to always be holding on to something secure. When the gusts became too powerful, he waited for the bridge to calm before pressing on. His sense of time vanished; he was unsure how long he crawled in this way, or even how far. He had no idea if this bridge ever ended. He even wondered a few times if he was supposed to fall in the chasm, but he refused to give up. A couple times, the ropes he grabbed were loose, throwing him off-balance and almost causing him to plummet off the bridge's edge. He didn't panic again, however, and managed to secure something each time. He hoped this bridge ended soon; he wasn't sure how long his luck would hold.

At last, he felt stone instead of wood. With a cry, he crawled forward faster, but making sure that he checked for edges on the stone. He hoped it wasn't just another isolated platform like the one he began atop. He found himself in some sort of alcove, protected now from the winds. Scanning with his hands, he found that the ground here was some type of strange sand.

Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:44 pm
Stablehand

A sudden blast of wind ripped down the chasm, the fragile bridge swinging madly in its clutches. Then, all at once, the air was filled with the sound of splintering wood and snapping rope. The remenants of the bridge tore away from their moorings, falling silently down into the void below. They fell for a long, long time.

On the other side of the rift, in a small alcove shielded by the wind, Solik Nightwind blindly searched the sand before him. For a moment, he found nothing. Had he gone the wrong way?

And then his hand brushed something solid. Solik's fingers curled around what felt like a smooth, polished rock. As they did so, his body became translucent and faded from view. The bluish mist was sucked out into the wind and blown away.

~//~

When Solik appeared in the Temple of Skye, his eyesight was back, as were his powers and everything else. His wings, however, were still missing.

An empty bracket lay before him, beckoning to the stone in his hand.

Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:31 pm
Stablehand

When the called had come to stand before him, the old one continued.

"Ah yes. Mighty Gokou. What do I have for you?"

The Angel paused and seemed to search the air above his head, as if looking for something that wasn't there.

"Perhaps... yes I think so.

"You will shortly find yourself in a chamber. On the wall before you will you find an inscription. There will be a box of sand on a pedestal below the text. You have but to decipher the inscription, and draw your response in the sand. This is important now: do not disturb the sand until you are ready.

"Fortuna tibi!"
The old one said cheerfully as Gokou faded from view.

~//~

Somewhere far away, or possibly very close indeed, a small chamber stood in silence.

That silence was broken when a blue glow appeared and Gokou's booted feet slapped onto the floor.

The chamber was lit by candles, for there were no doors nor windows. Before the ex-Angel stood a pedestal, upon which sat a box of sand. On the wall directly ahead was this inscription:

At night they come without being fetched, and by day they are lost without being stolen.

Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:46 pm
Stablehand

Gokou stepped in the temple's grand hall. Huge as it was, thus troubled Gokou's sense of way. He ran around the whole thing looking for the old man....(lol) Finnally, he reach the wall that looks different from all the rest. As he approach, the silhouette figure seems to come clear. It was him, the "OLD MAN."

Reaching the man, the old man preach to Gokou about a wall in the beyond chamber that will have a script for him to answer. And to pass, he must think clearly and respond with the right answer, writing it on the sand box. Then will he finish his task and regain his wings.....

As he walk anxiously through the door way as he draws closer to the ancient wall of script. There was a deep green fog covering up the wall. Getting closer ,Gokou pierce through the fog and read the scipt written on the wall.
Written on the wall as it's riddle spoke:

"At night they come without being fetched, and by day they are lost without being stolen."

Gokou sat there thinking but still couldn't figure out the riddle. He knew that standing up and creating stress is not going to help, So, he sat down quietly and closed his eyes and thought about it carefully. With great thoughts and meditation, he finally found an answer that would suit the riddle perfectly without a mistake.

He bent over and took his delicated fingers and wrote one word:

"Stars"

The rest is now up to fate to beat the outcome.....

Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:13 pm
Stablehand

Where are we UD thought in his head. Lynea replied,
we must be in the caves.UD looked in the dirwection of Lynea wondering how she new what he thought. UD then looked around as his eyes started to adjust to the darkness. Looking down the path to his right, UD said, this must be the way, it seems to be brighter in this direction. Lynea said, no this must be the way it is lighter this way. Looking in the direction UD wanted to go he started to walk and instantly fall to his face, getting up angered because he thought Lynea tripped him realized she had fallen also. Looking to there ankles his could see they had been chained. Reaching out UD offers to help Lynea up.

Reaching up to grab UD's hand, I then get up. Standing close to him I look in his eyes and see how hesitant he is.

UD, we have one of 2 ways to go from here. We need to go the way that is deemed best. You have better instincts for finding your way out of dark places. Why don't you take the lead. I have complete faith in your abilities, UD.

Grabbing his hand, we start heading in the direction in which he started to go...

INCA's Slut

Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:13 pm
Stablehand

The young man was disturbed on this morning. As he paced about his throne room, he was distinctly different. Why had he lost his wings? Why had all the others? There were no answers to his questions. He had a calling it seemed...to Armenger.

After travelling for weeks, he arrived. Built high in the mountains, it was almost unreachable by the enemy. Not only because of it's defenses but it's location. But he should not have been thinking about such things...but rather, how he was to get his wings back. So he travelled beyond Armenger, to the Temple of the Skye. The only other times he had been summoned to the temple was when he achieved his wings, or others receieved theres. Ein knew this was the answer to his question.

Sadly, he arrived later than most. But in arriving, late, he realized what was going on. Each person was being given a task to complete. After completing it, they were allowed to leave, more than likely moving on to receive their wings. There was a grisly old man, with massive wings giving these challenges to his fellow warriors.

Ein simply sat back, and awaited his turn.

Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:10 pm
Stablehand

The last battle that the Inca's had been in, had been hard on Elfie. She
remembered everything going black and that is all she remembered.
Waking slowly, she felt stiff all over. Slowly looking around, she saw
her faithful man servant Armand standing in the doorway talking to
someone.Calling out with a very weak voice, to Armand

Armand, what has happened? I feel so weak and something else is
wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

Moving quickly to his mistresses bed, Armand smiled.
Madam, you have been out for a very long time. That is why you are so
weak. Also it seems that all of INCA including yourself have lost their
wings. I'm not sure wha we are to do about this.

Laying there Elfie moved slightly and knew that Armand was right. Her wings were gone. A tear slowly moved down her cheek. Her beautiful
wings were gone, and they were most of her strength. All of a sudden she
knew what she had to do.

Armand, I have to go to the temple. Bring me something to eat and have my horse and gear brought around to the front.

But madam, you are to weak for a trek like that. You need to wait a couple
of days.

I can't Armand. I have to do it now. I have a feeling that is the only way I can regain my wings and my complete strength. Move fast. I must leave soon.

Slowly Elfie got up and balanced herself against the wall. She was truely weak, but she knew she had to go to the temple. A servant brought her some food. It seemed it had been so long since she had ate. Finishing, she got into her war clothes and started towards the door.
Her staff looked at her like she had lost her mind. Armand had wanted to go with her but she wouldn't let him. It was something she had to do on her own. She had ordered scouts out, to make sure her path to the temple was clear. Mounting her horse, she headed for the temple.

The ride was long and hard. There was several times, she thought she might fall off the horse. But the closer she got to the temple, the stronger she felt. It seemed there was a power, pulling her closer to the temple.
Arriving at the temple, she saw several that she knew. Some had their wings and some didn't. This confused her, but she was sure she would find out soon enough. Upon entering the temple, she saw a skeleton of a man, that seemed very ancient, sitting at the front of the temple. She knew he was there for a special purpose, but not sure what. Moving closer she bowed to the man.

Sir, I am Elfie. I do not know why I feel I should come to you, but I have this strange pull to you. It seems somewhere I have lost my wings. Is it possible that you are the one that can help me regain them?

She saw him smile, and all she could do was wait for him to speak. Hoping with all hope, he was the one to help her regain her wings.

Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:47 am
Stablehand

UD holding Lynea's hand heads down the path in the direction he had chose. As they continued the path started to get narrower and was heading down. The further they went the darker it became until they had to use there hands on the sides of the cave to guild them. The tunnel became so narrow that they had to walk sideways in order to get through. All at once they came to an opening and there were three tunnels. UD stopped then walked past the three openings and turned back unsure of which one to take. UD said, I feel the warmth coming from the center cave, we should take that one. Of the three openings that is the only difference. Looking at Lynea in the very dim light could see her nod in agreement.

The two continued on for a short distance and the path split again. There was light down both paths and the warmth was the same. UD stood And Studied the openings, as UD was looking he noticed a small mouse run past him and it took the left tunnel. UD thought they will take that path and they continued on. As they continued the path was getting brighter and brighter. They finally came to a room that was lined with torches and at the far end was an alter of sort and on it was a box with candles on either side. On the wall above it was an inscription of something. It was to small to read from the entrance, so they started to move there way across the room.

Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:52 am
Stablehand

With a sigh of shifting sand, the grains in the box before Gokou began heaving upwards. Upwards it pushed, further and further, the grains from the top tumbling away as more heaved upwards from beneath.

When a pile had formed in the center of the box, the rounded edges of a smooth and polished stone appeared. The rest of the gem followed, forced upwards by the movement of the sand that engulfed it.

In the dim light of the chamber, the gem appeared mostly black, but a closer inspection revealed, deep inside, a swirling heart of blue. Gokou reached for the stone, and as his hand closed around it, his body became translucent, and faded from sight. A faint bluish mist hung in the chamber where he had stood just moments before.

~//~

Several of the brackets now held stones, and each gem seemed to pulse slightly within their iron holders.

It was before this row of brackets that yet another blue glow appeared, from which stepped yet another soon-to-be Angel. Clutched in Gokou's hand was yet another polished stone.

Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:10 am
Stablehand

The old one looked out at those still gathered before him. Even as more were sent out on their tasks, vanishing from this place, others gathered, still awaiting their turn. The old man did not worry, for time meant nothing to him. He had all the time in the world.

Before addressing any of the latest arrivals, the Ancient turned first to those who had been waiting longest.

"Virch. Stones. I cannot say how pleased I am that you have shown such patience. Surely it had been a test for you.

"Remember this lesson, for not always will your foes fall immediately. Oftimes might you find yourselves bested momentarily, and in those times must you show patience.

"For truly, good things come to those who wait."

With that, the old man flung out his hand, and a brilliant spray of sand flew from him, the grains sailing towards the place where sat Virch and the Shaman. As it drew closer, the sand seemed to be drawn together in the air, clumping itself into two distinct shapes. Virch and Stones stretched out their hands, not knowing if they were supposed to attempt to catch the sand or let it drop.

But it was not sand that fell upon them, for as the scintillating grains descended in an arc, they seemed to melt together, solidify in a magical process. When finally the warriors' felt weight in their hands, it was not sand at all, but rather two polished, rounded gems. The stones were large, and seemed to sparkle blue under the bright sun overheard, although their edges were definitely tinted in black.

As each closed their fingers about the stones, both Virch and the Shaman Stones became translucent, fading from view. Two clouds of bluish mist hung where they had just sat.

~//~

Gokou had just appeared when still two more blue glows came into existence, deep in the heart of the Temple of Skye. From them stepped Virch and Stones, a polished gem clutched in the hand of each.

Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:22 am
Stablehand

When the called had come to stand before him, the old one stared long and hard. He did not know this creature - well, he knew him, in the same way he knew all that came to this place - for Asoc was truly new to the Mountain Realms.

"First of all, get rid of these."

With a snap of his bony fingers, the bloody wings vanished from the Kobold's back.

"And now... one must wonder, is your dedication truly as strong as it would seem? Do you have the constitution to walk amongst us as equals? We shall see."

With another snap of his fingers, Asoc disappeared.

~//~

Far, far below the entrance to the Temple where he had just stood, Asoc stepped from a blue glow. He was at the foot of the very mountain he had just climbed.

High overhead, although still far below the peak where sat the Temple, the clouds were blackening at a remarkable rate.

As Asoc looked on, a clap of thunder pealed across the sky, and the first few drops, the beginnings of a torrent yet to follow, fell from the sky.

Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:49 am
Stablehand

"This task I give to you is no game. Someone is in dire need of aide. Help her."

The old one gave no further elaboration, and his manner was deadly serious. In an instant, Ein and Elfie were whisked away.

~//~

A bird's trill echoed through the forest as two blue glows appeared amongst the ferns. From them stepped the two INCAns, their eyes alert to whatever danger the old one had sent them into.

Although they could see it not, beyond their position was a road, upon which sat an overturned wagon. Spread about the wagon were several bodies lying face down in the dirt, some of them wearing the dirty tatters that marked a bandit group.

Four of the bandits still stood, and between them huddled the sole survivor of the attack on the wagon. A young woman shielded her face from the lecherous grins of the ruffians as they closed about her.

A short scream pierced the air, and Elfie and Ein knew at once where they were to go.

Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:08 am
Stablehand

Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:58 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3