It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Apprentice Folly Inn (SAO- OPEN) 
Stablehand

Her white mane of hair covered Sikima like a blanket as she bent over him resting her cheek against his own. What could he be dreaming? What happened to him to cause him to behave in such a way? And what was that familiar twinge she felt deep within her soul? What she had felt was not possible, the golden one was gone, forever or so it had been told. Then why was there that small pull from within that made her want to go in search of that which she knew she would not find?

Wake up love, please and tell me what you dream? I'm scared Sikima, there are things I am feeling that should not be.

Her head snapped up suddenly without warning. A feeling of calm comfort washed over her and the scent of lavender teased her sense of smell.
What was going on?! Was the world suddenly coming to end for such strange and unexpected occurances to be taking place?
Reaching through the plains of time and space she found herself connecting to a being thought to be long gone and tears sprang in her golden eyes. With a shaking hand she reached out to Sikima and placed it on his heart. Feeling his heartbeat she whispered a few words of the arcane, a soft glow spread over his body and she leaned over to kiss him softly on the mouth.

Wake up Sikima.

Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:11 pm
Stablehand

He returned Rayne's smile...briefly...before dropping his eyes.
Hastily he turned toward the mage, offering a deep, sweeping bow.

Tis an honor and my deepest pleasure to make your acquaintance. Your fame is widespread and I am at your service.

He cast a glance at Rayne before reaching for his tea. He let a stray lock of hair fall across his face, hoping to hide his embarassment at perhaps allowing the glance to linger a bit too long.

You both fortunate ladies. One to have so esteemed a mother-in-law and the other to have such a fair and capable daughter-in-law. Perhaps the two of you might enlighten me as to how you first came to know each other.

Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:43 pm
Peasant

Chuckling softly while adjusting her black robes around her the mage tilted her head slightly to look at the one Raynalia introduced her to her as Leaf.

I fear you may have heard wrong m'lord. I am no ones mother in law, though perhaps one day when my son is grown he will find a woman as good as our Raynalia and then I will make sure to thank you for your kind words.
My brother Gabriel was Raynalias husband, we are sisters in law

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Raynalias reaction to the news of her son. She had to remind herself that none here knew of the babe, while they knew she had been sent away to another world with her beloved Guidion, her sister Talanthys and many others they did not know all that had taken place on that world.
Looking to the elven maid she smiled softly.

My son is but two months old. He is named after a great man who was strong in body and mind, a fierce warrior whose love for battle was equal only to his heart and his love for his friends and family.
My sons name is Gabriel, after his uncle.
My only hope for my son is that he grows to be as good a man as my brother.

Leaning towards the table she waved her hand and another cup of tea apparated next to the others. Lifting the cup she brought it to her lips and sipped the soothing warm liquid.

Its been so long since I have been within the folds of the Souls of Magics Night. It does me good to know that what my father begun with Ayen and Talen still lives on.
I know you must be confused about my parentage Leaf so I will keep my explaination simple.
I was born to Mara and Griffon Shadowbain this much is true, but they were surrogates for my blood parents. My blood mother is still locked away in a void, sent there by the hands of a god long gone, the golden one Leto, my father is Azrael, Archmage of Isonia and by all accounts the only one to battle a god and survive.
Perhaps one day we can sit and I will tell you all of my history but for now, tonight I would just like to sit before the fire and speak of other things.

Setting the cup down she looked to the flames.

Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:20 pm
Stablehand

[colr=darkblue]A dream... within a a dream. Sikima fell in the golden light temple and dreamed of a vast ocean. Sikima floated on the sea light at night, the moon floated above him, pale and full. Sikima gently swayed over the ocean, and he felt calmness he'd never felt before.

He didn't know how long he lay there, a minute, and hour, a year for all he knew. Sikima lay in quiet calmness, and from the calmness Sikima saw, finally, Tierney appear. She flew from the moon with outstretched arms to Sikima. He reached up for her and they touched hands, and light then encompassed everything....[/color]

:Sikima's opened wide as he heard Tierney say to wake up with an authority she's always had. He took hold of Tierney and sat up on the bed. The pain he had was long gone, he was refreshed and calm:

I'm awake Tierney, and I'll always be here.

Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:18 pm
Stablehand

Heavy, leather booted feet souded lightly on the cobblestoned streets of Arcanis. Tired, weary eyes of icy blue scanned the streets and building for his destination...a person that took him many hard years to find. Exhaustion tore through the weary travelers body, threatening to overtake him every moment and every step.

He knew he was close. He could feel it...he could feel her. She was so very near now and weariness would not stop him from getting there now. Nothing short of death...and he'd already been there.

His journey had been long...spanning the continent and nearly the whole known world. His sword was tarnished with the blood of those that got in his way. His dark leather armor was still stlightly spotted with the blood of those that were found wanting.

Citizens and Guards looked upon with mixtures of curiosity and fear. None knew what to expect of this stranger. Most steered clear of him, none tried to stop him. The determined, pain filled look in his eyes. Some would try to help him, but would shy away when they saw his glare. Guardsmen stood clear, but watched him tentively, ready to move at the first sign of trouble, but none never came.

But then he saw it...the sign post for his destination. The Apprentice Folly Inn. The place where he would find her...his love...the very essence that brought him all this way, what pushed him to continue where most would falter. She was so close...he could feel her spirit as if she were right in front of him. He looked down at the symbol on his hand. The spell the great wizard had cast that would lead him to her.

The blue tatoo on his palm was glowing so brilliantly he knew...he could see the glow even through his leather gloves. A smile crossed his weary face, a smile of accomplishment, a journey finally completed. His eyes shown brightly with a light that could light the darkest shadow and he walked up the stairs to the main door...but he stopped for a moment and doubted himself.

Would she want him back? What if she had moved...foung somone new?

As he began to doubt himself, he strength began to falter...he began to grow weary and he stumbled forward and reached for the door for balance but it only pushed inwards, forcing him to stumble loudly inside. He crashed into the main room of the Inn, nearly falling over a table but barely stopping himself.

His breathing was heavy and labored, he couldn't think anymore. His reserves were depleted...three weeks of hard travel and little rest slammed into him like brahma bull a full speed and he lost himself and crashed down on the table heavily like a fallen redwood.

Gabriel Shadowbain The Thorn Amongst the Lillies

Last edited by Gabriel_shadowbain on Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:56 am
Peasant

Doubting what she had felt, pushing aside the thoughts that had entered her mind Oriana sat quietly sipping her tea until the sensations coursing through her refused to be denied a moment longer.
She rose from the chair in which she had been sitting, fully intending to go to the door and prove herself wrong when much to her surprise the door flew open banging loudly against the wall.
A very loud audible gasp escaped from her lips and she stood wide eyed staring at the man storming inside.
Her hand went out to a nearby table to steady her now shaking frame and she was certain she was going to faint.
Closing her eyes she took deep breaths to calm her racing pulse, the beating of her heart was fast and furious to the point she could swear it would explode.
Suddenly her eyes flew open and her head jerked up, she stared at Raynalia, the shocked look and the color that drained from the elven maids face spoke volumes for them both as words seemed to fail.
Swallowing the lump in her throat the mage moved with caution towards the man who was now laying face first on the floor.
Kneeling down she carefully rested a hand on his back and closed her eyes once more allowing the magic in her blood to flow about her taking in everything about the man.
After a short time violet eyes opened and were now rimmed with tears.
Looking up to Raynalia she could do nothing more than nod and whisper a few simple words.

He is truly Gabriel

Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:12 am
Stablehand

Tiny hands reached up to rub disbelieving eyes and when she looked again, the body remained, only this body was breathing, the rise and fall with each breath taken told as much. Looking first to Leaf and then to Oriana the questions, confusion and maybe even fear written all over her face demanded to be told she was dreaming.
She had to be, after all she had seen his body, felt how cold and still he had been, listened for a hearbeat and heard none. Yet there he was now sprawled out before her.
Anger mixed with every other emotion she could possibly be feeling right then and there began to well up as sure as the tears in her eyes.
When Oriana confirmed what she thought to be nothing more than a hoax she felt her legs give out from beneath her and slumped to the floor numbed to the very soul of her being.
And then with no warning at all she unleashed every bit of anger, sadness and pain. The same tiny hands that had rubbed her eyes before were now clenched into tight fists slamming over and over against his back while words no proper lady would dream of saying flew from her pouty mouth.

Ye fuckin bastard! How dare ye come 'ere I be thinkin ye dead and gone and ye be comin 'ere! Do ya not know what I been through mournin yer sorry arse, dyin' a lil e'vry dam day thinkin' I'd never be lovin anyone again the way I loved you!
Our wee one died Gabriel Shadowbain an ye were alive all this time!
Fuck you! ye left me ta deal with it all alone!

She broke down then, what had started out as a full on pounding had turned weak and half hearted, sobs racked her lithe frame, tears fell like rain and she collapsed against him crying as if he had died all over again.

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:27 am
Stablehand

Taelthar brushed the dark strands of his hair behind his ears, it was a risk, he knew, to leave his realm so early after its rebirth. However an introduction to his neighbours was a necessity that could not be done without. He had decided against bringing a large cortege, preferring instead the company of his grey falcon, Mis'Rachni. It would be far easier for the people to never know he had left. Far better that his enemies not realise it also.
His feet padded rhythmically along the thick grass. He was alone amongst his kindred, in that he refused to ride. From an early age he known that his feet served as well as a horse. It was easy country at any rate. He hazarded a guess at the time, past midnight surely, though he couldn't be sure.
As he approached the city walls, Taelthar realised the gates would not be opened till the morning, still, it would be most foolish to spend a night in the cold when he could be inside warming himself.
Taelthar stopped running and hid in the undergrowth outside the city walls. He watched the guard carefully, in an attempt to pick up the routine. It seemed to be simple enough routine. Two guards crossing over, one minute later, another guard, two minutes later the two guards returned. Drawing two knives from the folds in his tunic, he attempted to approximate the time it would take him to scale the wall, he had no doubt, if caught, he would be treated as an imposter, and for the meantime at least, that was not a position he desired. He called Mis'Rachni to him, tying a piece of colored string to his leg. It was an old practice, to use symbols as messages in the event that harm came to his falcon, and the message be intercepted.
He waited for the two guards to pass, and swiftly moved across the open ground in front of the city. He lay down next to the wall, counting down the time until the guard passed once more. The wall was not high, the simple pallisades would not be a hindrance, they were barely fifteen metres in height. He heard the footsteps above him, and waited till they pass. Leaping upwards, he wedged each blade inbetween the stone blocks, spreadeagling his legs to push his body inwards. He moved quickly, spiderlike up the wall, sliding over the top. He then moved to the far side of the walkway, clambering down almost haphazardly, stabbing his knives once more into the cracks in the stone. When he reached the bottom, he picked up the knives, each one was unblemished. The cold steel had once been blessed by an ancient warrior-mage, and were gifted unto him at his birthright.
There seemed to be quite a number of people out, especially for such a cold night. He moved quickly through the city, and, shortly he arrived. His contacts had been quite good in their directions, and, he knew that they would not talk, a virtue only complete loyalty could ever buy. Peering in through the window, more out of habit than wariness, he noted the three inside. One, a beautiful lady, sitting in a chair in disbelief, a man lay sprawled across a table, obviously exhausted, and another woman, lay out at his feet, screaming at him.
Taelthar frowned, he had hoped not for conflict on this night. However, it was best to be prepared in times like these. Pushing open the door, he entered the Inn.

Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:55 pm
Stablehand

Softly she smiled while she mopped his face with the cool damp cloth finding it difficult to speak. Obviously her beloved had been through an ordeal that she was far from understanding thus causing any anger she had felt seeing him again after so long to vanish.
Brushing a lock of dark hair from his forhead she bent her head and kissed planted a soft kiss against his temple.
The words came easy now, her tone simple and soft leaving no room for harshness.

Do not make promises that you cannot keep dear one. You may mean to stay but I have learned plenty from my mothers own dealings with my father that you cannot always keep such a promise.
Rather than promise such a thing, promise me that no matter where you may be, you will keep me close to your heart.

Reaching over she took his hand lacing her fingers with his.

So many strange things have happened this night Sikima, you have only to be silent and still to feel the energies at play, some are familiar others are not, and some still should not even be.
I am afraid for what is to come and know not what to expect.
Perhaps you could tell me what it is you've seen in your dreams? Maybe they hold some clue?

Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:09 pm
Peasant

Despite whatever was going on around her, Oriana did not forget where they were, the Inn was a public establishment open for any and all who wished food and drink and perhaps even a place to lay their heads for the night and because it was open to all she knew family squabbles and matters of more personal natures need not be paraded out for any and all to see.
It didnt matter that she was just as shocked as her sister in law at the sudden appearence of her brother there were still matters that did not involve either of them to see to.
The arrival of the new face to Inn and the look upon that face served as a great reminder.
Rising to her feet she hurried across the main room, her black robes rustling against the hardwood floors with each step, she approached the man greeting him with a smile.

My apologies for the scene m'lord, welcome to the Apprentice Folly Inn, I am Oriana, how can I be of service to you this cold night?
Perhaps you would like to sit before the while you decide what it is you wish?

Brushing back a tendril of curled black behind her ear she kept her attentions and smile on the man at the same time she sent a message to Raynalia mentally linking with the woman.

Take your husband upstairs where you will have more privacy Rayne

Reaching out she took the man by the elbow and led him like a gracious hostess to a table near the fire.

Have you need for something warm to drink?

Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:19 pm
Stablehand

Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:33 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3