It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:19 am

When Love is Lost[closed] 
Stablehand

Post When Love is Lost[closed]
[OOC] Used to play here a while back, then I disappeared. This is the story of what my character's been up to in the meantime. [/OOC]

~~~Darkmoon was sitting in the courtyard garden of her keep. The place desperately needed work. She had been gone from her lands for quite some time. The once brilliant marble fountain was now cracked and covered in moss, the weeds had encrouched on the roses and other flower beds, strangling out the beauty previously there. Vines covered the walls of the castle, making the place seem like it had grown from the earth. Darkmoon remembered how it was before, she remembered the happier, more carefree days she had spent in the garden with her beloved. She remembered wishing that it would last forever.

But that was not to be.

Her husband Spanky had disappeared one night, leaving no trace behind. Whether he was captured, or had simply left her, she had no clue.

Darkmoon's spies could not say what had happened. It was as if he had been spirited away.

She took care of her kingdom for a while, but then she could stand it no longer. She had to go look for her husband, to find out why he was gone, and if he would ever return.~~~

Sat Dec 07, 2002 4:10 pm
Stablehand

~~~Darkmoon leaned against a rock, and closed her eyes. The memories were painful at times, but she couldn't help reliving them. She recalled the day she left her home.

The sky was drab and grey. There was the scent of rain in the air. Darkmoon had sent all of her servants home, boarded up all the doors and windows of the castle, and set a couple of charms around the grounds to prevent anyone from taking over her lands while she was gone.

The pixie stood in front of her castle alone except for the fat white pony that would carry her. She looked at her home with longing. She did not wish to leave, but it felt like she had no choice. Darkmoon had heard an unsettling rumor: a man answering to Spanky's description had been seen living with a band of sasquatches in the North.

Maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't, but she had to go see for herself.

Darkmoon hopped on the pony, and headed North.~~~

Sat Dec 07, 2002 4:27 pm
Stablehand

~~~She sat up with a start. She must have drifted off for a while... But her dreams... They were not pleasant. The last Darkmoon remembered was the thrashing and the screaming...

Darkmoon was swathed in grey, moving slowly through the woods. The chill air bit at her nose, and condensation from the trees was steadily making her more and more damp. Suddenly, she came into a clearing where an all too conviniant inn stood waiting.

Against her better judgement, Darkmoon went into the inn, looking for a place to rest for the night.

The innkeeper seemed cordial enough, but there was something about him she didn't quite trust.

Ah, well... It's probably just my imagination, or some such thing.

All too soon, her thoughts proved wrong.

She went to bed exausted, and she didn't hear the door open.

The next thing Darkmoon knew, she was pulled from her bed, and bound. She was dragged down the stairs, and thrown over the back of a horse.

Her arms and legs were tied, her mouth gagged, her head covered. No one responded to her muffled screams...~~~

Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:11 pm