It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:37 am

It's About Time! (VeV) 
Stablehand

Post It's About Time! (VeV)
The time had come.... When Foret would once again rule the lands of Maxim. Isonia and Darden had their time to shine these past ages. But in the ages to come, Foret was sure to be at the top once again. Foret was a force to be reckoned with.... Foret was now to become the dominant faith once again....

------------------------

As the sun rose over the horizon, it slowly crept its way over the lands of Nitemare. It wasn't much as he had just been surprisingly attacked by IOM, but that was the last thing on his mind.... he was lucky to still be alive. As the warm rays penetrated through his window and onto his face, it seemed to rejuvinate him more than the long sleep that he just had.

Rising from his bed, he stretched his arms and legs way out, and the cracking of aging bones was almost deafening. He slowly slid his feet against the wooden floor, getting a few splinters in the process. They seem to have no effect on him as he was more concerned with other issues. He was tired of seeing purple banners flying high wherever he went. He was tired hearing the preaching of Darden in almost every temple that he walked by.

What had happen to Foret? Where was the dominant grey that flew proudly in the air? The name and faith that one would fear when spoke about in the temples? Did the color grey exist no more in the lands of Maxim? Maybe this was so. But now it had to come to a stop. It was time that he had become serious. The plans were being made.... The men were being trained.... And the coffee was too hot as Nitemare spat it from the immense heat. But that would not stop the dream the Nitemare had for the world of Maxim.

It was about time... The time had come for Foret to rule the lands with an iron hand. Perhaps it would be VeV... but only time would tell. Nitemare picked up the scribe with the insignia of VeV. The guild was once again formed, and a meeting place was set up. Nitemare trusted his men with his realm, and started to set off in the directions given to him towards the tavern.

Wouldn't it be great that he could see his guild members again after so long?! Wouldn't it be great to see Foret back on top... in the place where he belongs?! Wouldn't it be great that Foret would once again be the faith that everyone would fear?! Well..... it was about time.....

Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:17 am
Stablehand

Location: St.Maarten, Netherlands Antilles, but going to school in Miami, FL
As she slipped slowly through her manor, Isis smiled to herself, long delicate fingers trailing along the smooth, cold stone of the balcony. It had been too long since she had graced the lands of Maxim, an age or more had passed, she was sure.

A slow howl began in the distance, signaling the start of a slight shower. Isis turned from the view of her newly acquired lands, her feet moving swiftly, before she collided with a servant. Sneering, she pivoted to face him, but her gaze softened when she recognized Raxlen.

What are you doing? she asked, setting out her hand to steady her frail friend.

News of thievery this morning, my lady, Raxlen replied. He shifted rather uncomfortably, and Isis shifted her gaze to meet his. She knew the lands had become more violent than they were before, and she nodded in acceptance. Thievery was a new concept to the old man, after so long a time in hiding and denial.

Things have changed, Raxlen, they have changed drastically, she said. He nodded and slipped away, leaving her alone in the corridor.

Soft grey banners flapped below, hanging from turrets and balconies around the manor. Between them, newly hung tapestries displaying the guild crest of VeV, danced in the cold wind.

Isis glided down and through the doors, having been given directions to a new tavern in the town. As she began her morning walk, the morning's first shower began to fall, the sleek rain drops spattering against her brown skin, glistening in the slivers of sunlight that struggled to reach around the clouds. Her clothes whipped around her frame in the wind, and the small smile that had rested on her lips spread to a broad grin. It was new age ...and a new guild...quite the fitting return for Maxim's lost daughter.

Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:55 am
Stablehand

Stamar sharpened his magical sword BUTTBITER and readied his mystical bow ouchmaker.
Many battles were ahead for the few companions in VeV and he would have to be ready.

Stamar had read in the mystical dwarven book of froobleschnotz that one day five kingdoms of foret would come together on this day and dominate the entire world.

It was either that or something about five kingdoms getting together and cornering the world market of horse manure.... he couldnt remember what.... but it was certainly something big.

So he sent all the important messages to the members of VEV to see which ones were awake. Conquering the world took a lot of attention. And horse manure wasnt as easy as it looked either.

<edit>Posts in the Maxim forum must consist of 3-5 paragraphs with three sentences per paragraph -- that's nine sentences at the minimum. Edit your post to reflect these requirements, as it is only 7 sentences currently. For a phrase after an ellipsis to count as a sentence, the first letter of the first word must be capitalised; otherwise, I can only count one sentence. --Evangeline.</edit>

Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:12 am
Stablehand

Nitemare pushed the large wooden door to the abondoned tavern open. A swarm of bats and bees came charging through the entryway and windows. Spiders and other tiny insects scurried for cover. The scent of inside was like old mildew. Rats peeked over the bar table to see who had invaded their home.

As Nitemare stepped in, the floorboard fell under his weight. After the dust cleared and regained his footing, he slowly crept across the tavern floor. The floor creaked loudly. It seemed to be screaming from pain as Nitemare cautiously walked above it.

There was a note lying on one of the dusty dinner tables in the dark corners. Picking it up he looked it over, and a smile appeared on his face. Silly Stamar... What would we do without him... he thought to himself.

Nitemare looked around the room. It didn't seem like anyone else was going to come here... Seemed like he should be getting out of here. The tavern looked like it wouldn't be standing any longer as the beams started to creak and slowly snap in half. Nitemare picked up his belongings, and ran out the room. Not before tripping over an old VeV banner. He was now outside and decided to keep on going. Until he met some life atleast. It was about time...

Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:08 am
Stablehand

The rain had come and gone, and though the sun shone with a new vengeance, Isis' hair was still damp with the morning's earlier shower. She raises her gaze and noticed that a building loomed closer as she edged her way forwards, the reigns of her horse gripped loosely in her hands. He gave a snort of distaste at the obviously crumbling building, and Isis turned to lightly whack him on the nose.

Bane, be quiet, she hissed, though she too stifled a smile. But beneath the crumbling metal and creaking wood, Isis could see where once a great tavern had stood. She stepped forward, catching sight of a figure making its way away from the building.

Hey you there! she called out.m A grin spread across her face and she pointed back towards the building. I love what you've done with the place. My name is Isis. Who might you be?

She stood waiting for an answer from the man, her eyes darting about as she did.

Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:03 pm
Stablehand

The road was long and overgrown... worn at the edges from water runoff and discards. The branches of the trees that were scattered along the shoulder were thick and cloaked the horizon from being seen. Yet still I press on...

Thadudump...

The wind danced violently past the thick branches and underbrush, causing a screaching howl, much like a wounded animal would, but from all directions. The sky is continually cloudy... looking as thought it years to unleash it's watery barrage on my path in an attempt to discourage me. Yet still I press on...

Thadudump...

In the distance a clearing... growing larger by the second... a field with muddy grass and an old tavern. The rickety structure was built into the side of a hill... most likely it's materials the cause of the clearing... Purely wood... it's front side supported by sturdy pilliars of hard wood wedged towards the hill to maintain a livable seal from the other elements... the harsh outter elements...

Thadudump. Whoa.

I slowly dismounted my horse and moved to bed him in a protected cove to the side of the Tavern... and then after gathering that which is mine moved to pass through the large bulky door.

Opening the door... and noticing that the tavern was inhabited, Andro paused a moment and nodded to all that were there... not saying a word... and then moving to a dark corner near the fire... the one that he always looked to rest in. Warm... quiet... dark... Zzzzzzz.....

Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:39 pm
Stablehand

The Trevor looked up from his map at the area around him. The place seemed to fit the description, though it appeared quite run down. He noticed two people talking in frot of a run down building, seemingly oblivious of all around them.
"This seems to be the place, DT" he muttered to his horse as he dismounted. "Seems a bit run down. No sign of Lence either. Well, might as well go introduce ourselves, and hope the reception is better than that tavern."
Checking all his gear and giving his DT a last pat, he sauntered his lanky form over past the two people talking. The Trevor checked out the building, walking up to it and peering in the door. Seeing only more ruin inside, including a hole in the floorboard not far from the door, he started to turn away, when he noticed the discarded flag on the floor. Picking it up, he turned to the two people standing outside.
"well, this is indeed the tavern of VeV, but Lence failed to mention it was a run down rubble. You two belong to the guild, or know where I can find whoever is in charge of this piece of trash?" he asked with a slight smile on his face. He studied the other two while scratching at the scruffy growth on his chin, awaiting a reply.

Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:40 am
Stablehand

"Trash..." Andro Muttered, disgusted with the context the tavern had been refered. Andro stood, shaking off his tiredness and steading himself enough to become far more coherent. A brief moment of gathering his items and Andro proceeded out of the shadow past the fire... and moved to the door.

"My lad... this place you so quickly refer to as trash is nothing of the sort. What you see before you is ages old, and within and about it's boundaries lies many books of valuable knowledge... memories of times past, and even riches yet to be discovered." Andro turned and looked back to the Tavern and the old dusty bar that sat empty in the rear of it... "As for the one who is in charge here... you must excuse him... as he is not ready available. You see... last age he fell ill and didn't quite survive. Feel free to pay your respects as he's burried in the field across the way.

"Thus... is you must look for one in charge... my guess is that would be me... Guild Master of VeV."

Andro then turned and headed back inside... not really caring if he was answered or questioned... his sleep was bothered and he was still too tired to function properly...

"One more thing... if you mean to stay... clear off the bar and help yerself to what might be left of the ale... it's been kept well... just don't bother me till I've had a few leagues of sleep." And with that Andro retreated back into the Tavern... back past the fire... back to the dark corner and sat back to sleeping as to rest for the next impending battle.

Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:29 pm
Stablehand

The one they called Nitemare was taking too long for her liking, so she had left him to explore the area around the...er...aesthetically challenged tavern of VeV. Slowly she stepped over small piles of rubble, her cloak catching sometimes, frustrating her and impeding her steps. The shadow of the tavern loomed over her, dwarfing her 5'9 frame and making darker her hair and eyes.

Voices caught her attention and she sprinted towards the direction they were coming from, coming upon the Guildmaster Andro and a member. A grin spread across her face at the newcomer's mention of "trash" and she stifled a laugh, turning dark eyes instead to the ground and the woods around them.

Well, it could use a little work, but for now, it's gotta remain derelict, she stated, casting a smile to the newcomer. She extended a hand in greeting before speaking. My name is Isis. The Lord Nitemare was some ways away beyond those trees there. I left him behind, he's not the chatterbox I imagined him to be. Who are you?

Her smile remained, as did her hand, but her gaze darted about their area, noting the sun peeking through the trees, hoping its arrival would also bring other members to the tavern's remains.

Last edited by Isis on Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:05 am
Stablehand

Nitemare saw the woman approach him. Isis was her name. He tried hard to reply but it seemed that his lips were sealed with shock. She looked so familiar. There was something about her. Something that reminded him about the past. Her eyes darted about as she waited for him to reply. He tried to extend his hand in order to greet her, but he was frozen. The only thing that moved was the strands of hair infront of his face.

Frustrated, the woman walked away. He wanted to call her back so badly.... but his shock still prevented him from doing so. She darted into the rubble of the run down tavern. The feeling suddenly came back in his nerves, and he fell to his knees. His head now ached with pain and he pounded at the floor with fustration.....

Why does this always happen to me? Why do I always have to make a fool of myself? But there is something about her... Something quite familiar. Her smell..... Her voice.... Her eyes.....

He rose to his feet.... and made his way towards the run down tavern.... Nah.... it couldnt be....

Inside the tavern, he saw the mighty Andro.... Ranting and raving as usual. Near him, a new comer. Nitemare nodded in his direction and smiled.

Clean off the bar! Andro shouted...

Bar M'Lord? You will be lucky if you find it....

Isis had now gone over to Andro... The way she walked... The way she moved... Her aura.... seemed so familiar to him. I've got to find out more about her....

As Nitemare took a step towards her, he felt himself losing his balance. One foot lifted off the ground, and the other one followed. His body was now in mid-air... he had never seen the tavern from this angle. His broad back slammed hard against the wooden floor boards. The strong odor of ale was now around him....

M'Lord Andro! I think I've found the bar! he shouted as everything now went dark....

Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:22 pm
Stablehand

The Trevor looked appreciatively at Isis. Here was someone worth some attention. His eyes traveled slowly accross her body as a sly smile appeared on his face.

Bowing deeply, he said "My lady Isis, it is indeed a pleasure to meet one of your calibur. Truly a diamond in this rough. Allow me kindly to introduce myself. I am humbly known as The Trevor. Had I but known there was such a vision of loveliness in this area, I most certainly would have hastened here at much greater speed. Please, allow me to help seat you."

The Trevor quickly righted of the abandoned chairs. Pulling out a handkerchief, he dusted it off for her, before bowing again and offering it up to her. He was definately putting forth all his charm for her.

Then, he noticed someone else come in. This stranger said something to Andro, but he kept his eyes on Isis. Suddenly, the man flew up into the air and shouted "I have found her" or some such comment, while orienting on Isis. The Trevor, sensing a confrontation betwwen this stranger and the one person who had diegned to speak to him without grouching, quickly stepped between the two with his curved scimitar out in front of him. "Now what is this all about, eh? The lady and I were just having a polite conversation. I would thank you kindly to return to the ground and address her more kindly."

Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:07 pm
Stablehand

Post I kill the Trevor and take his Treasure
Standing at the door Lence smiled inwardly to himself watching the others. This bar looked almost as good as his usual one which he had just left to come check up on the others of VeV. Yet he was somehow sure this one would last longer unscathed by the flames of war.

He was almost suprised to find The Trevor here already, he had asumed it would take the ranger longer to find his way around. Then again, Lence did once again hear that demon voice buried deep deep down within the darkest depths of his soul repeating one constant thought.

~Kill The Trevor and take his Treasure~

The mention of someone finding the bar broke its momentary hold on Lence as he hoped right on into the building sidestepping the rubble or stepping on it when nessecary. His eyes almost flickered with a hidden hugh of crimson flame in the darkness. Quickly finding himself the quickest thing near to a clean beverage he wheeled back around, nodded to The Trevor, Nitemare, Isis, and Andro. Although he wasn't sure if Andro was awake or sleeping.

In his usual stoic stature Lence sat back and watched the others, especially now that The Trevor had drawn a weapon...it proved to be...amusing at the least to the half-demon.

Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:35 pm
Stablehand

After a second evaluation of the situation, The Trevor relized his error. "I found THE BAR" was not "I found HER". though it had sounded so to him. And as the man fell back to earth, it became obvious that he had not been in the air of his own volition. What he had seen was not an elaborate assasination attempt, but simply an overextended pratfall.

The Trevor quickly resheathed his sword, and bent over to help this person up. "Many apologies. I must admit, my nerves are a bit shot, as where I come from, a man is more likely to be killed for his treasure than greeted politely. Many people feel that the fancier the kill, the more 'points' it's worth. I humbly apologize."

As he finished dusting off his fallen comrade, he heard a familiar low chuckle. Without turning around The Trevor said "Why, hello Lence. Glad someone finds this exchange humorous. I trust your journey here was as pleasant as mine." Though he mouthed these pleasantries, one hand strayed to the hilt of his sword, the other making sure nothing was mising from him, and that nothing valuable was in open line of sight. He really did not feel like playing "Kill The Trevor" at the moment. It had been a long journey, and he didn't feel like knocking Lence around in front of his friends. After all, everyone deserves to look good in front of someone...

Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:50 pm
Stablehand

Jagged darts leaped from out of the darkness. Their blue feathered ends guiding the straight and true. Their tips barbed, but extremely sharp. They flew forth with intent and power.

Two darts flew past The Trevor to a sounding "Thwump" on the bar. One landed in the bar itself... but just before Lence... the other just before the right foot of Lence. They stood there at attention, like a guard ever persistent in his duties.

The Trevor instincually dodged that which he need not dodge... but was started long enough that he missed the 2 darts that landed nead the same way... before him in the bar and one behind his left foot.

Now between the two men stood an array of darts...

"I will not tollerate fighting in my tavern. Respect this place or you'll be paid respects to..." Andro said slowly with a powerful edge to his voice as he steped out of the shadows of his favorite resting spot. "I treasure my rest... and now I find an acrobat guild has moved in here. So now I say this: SIT THE HELL DOWN AND HAVE A DRINK"

Andro then looked over to Black...

Andro stoped himself mid thought, shook his head and looked again...

...over to Nitemare. "Can you please pour a round for the group... I anticipate more will arrive soon..."

And with that Andro receeded back into his resting spot... back past the fireplace in the shadows of the corner of the tavern.

Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:46 am
Stablehand

A slow smile started on her face, and Isis folded her arms, standing still yet completely aware of the sudden burst of activity that came from all corners of the Tavern. The one who introduced himself as the Trevor had kindly and zealously dusted a chair for her, but she smiled sweetly and shook her head, dark hair falling forward as she politely declined.

I prefer to stand, m'Lord, she replied, the tavern has suddenly become interesting.

Her smile faded, however, when she peered round for Nitemare. The man had watched her in a way that few had dared to watch her for a very long time. His eyes betrayed a sensation of suspicion and she thought she knew why. Her smile returned this time as a grin, and she unclasped her cloak, draping it over her arm.

She barely had time to look for him though, as a barrage of darts whistled through the tavern. Thinking quickly, she stepped away from two men, and with good reason. They were soon encased in darts whose pointy barbs grasped the floor and the bar of the tavern.

"Can you please pour a round for the group... I anticipate more will arrive soon..."

Isis pricked her ears at the voice and turned to find whom the instructions were directed to. She saw Nitemare and stood still, watching him and waiting for his next action.

Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:19 pm
Stablehand

Dispite Andro's attempt to dissettle Lence, he retained his usual stoic stance and expression. Yet beneath the cool exterior of the warrior, the crimson hellfire blood of the demon buried deep within its ancient and weary prison burned in his veins. It always lurked there, yearning for blood and carnage...the soul that had ravaged countless kingdoms, guilds, and entire alliances for generations, ruling the lands for age upon age was strong, and hard to keep supressed. The fact that Lence himself was not a man used to having weapons of any kind thrown at or drawn upon him, even by his own creed, did not help.

Yet he retained his grace and collectiveness, chalking Andro's poor choice of a dartboard up to being tired and having misenterpreted certain events of the night. The apparent ruckious and who it involved, and the fact it had already been resolved seemed quite obvious to his own perceptions, yet he knew better than to ever rely on that alone.

Ignoring the darts, Lence once again picked his drink up from the rubble and walked over to join his friend The Trevor, and began to continue his lessons in the finer points of war and ruling over his rabble. He began one of the many stories long forgotten to the oldest, and never heard by the young. It seemed to start off with a describtion of a particular old kingdom and its allies which then stretched on too the particular methods of combat and war used by each and their results.

He remained afoot durning the conversation never turning his back to the tavern doors, his crimson red eyes always scanning the darkness like dancing flames playing with the midnight shadows.

Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:05 am
Stablehand

Lazarus walks across the countryside, searching for the LOST.

The days and months go by until finally he finds one.

Badangel

Thus Lazarus begins to head to the new place in order to start a new stronghold in which to revive the many old powers he once had and develop new ones that have yet to be seen.

On his way to VeV, he snacks on a few mortals that he happened to come across, and level one of the enemies of VeV. Even though he is still weakened by his travels, the heathens are still weak, and usually quite foolish. No one can stand against one with true strength, power, and faith.

<edit>Posts in the Maxim forum must consist of 3-5 paragraphs with three sentences per paragraph -- that's nine sentences at the minimum. Edit your post to reflect these requirements, as it is only 7 sentences currently. --Evangeline.</edit>

Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:25 am
Stablehand

...as long as I can remember, I've been draging this cart with me. " Your charge is as importaint as the sun rising in the morn." "My life will be forfit if i fail you." That has been the most troublesome statement I have ever made.

But I have kept my faith in FORET. What seems like 3 lifetimes have passed and i still carry on. Looking ,hopeing for a hint of direction to the VeV. Some have aided me with the hints of ledgend, glimmers of half truths, so that I may smeday find the Home of the One. Passing Warriors have left me in the dust to rot, regular soldiers have spat on me, peasent have kicked me for sleeping in thier ditch.

But at long last, I have heard of a place that fits the home of The One. It is there that i strive for now. Slowly, unaided, weary and tired, I hear again a hint of that place. What is that that I hear,is it the sounds of a tavern? No it coudent be, the only thing i see ahead is that of a run down building, Surely this cant be the place for which I seek....

Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:08 pm