It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am

The Angel of Darkness Returns (invite) 
Stablehand

Post The Angel of Darkness Returns (invite)
Darkness shrouded and surrounded the figure as it floated in darkness. The night was his enemy, his friend, his lover, but it was always faithful. Only now did it return to embrace him as he had lost all others but the only other filial companion he had; Loneliness. He had danced with them both for most of his life, and no step they took surprised him any longer. He would cry for the pains they had dealt him if he had any tears left to cry.

The darkness was broken by a sliver of moonlight. A moment in time, and the sliver became a disc just large enough for him to step through.

A fine leather booted foot emerged from nothing in the sparse forest, and pressed firmly against the cold, grassy firmament. Another moment produced the slight form of a dark complected man who was draped in finely embroidered robes dark as the night he now inhabited. Grey eyes scanned the new surroundings and the face the dwelled in soured.

"
Why is it every time I come back to this world, I step into a forest? Are there no mountaine here? A plain? A nearby inn!"

His glares produced no answer from the deathly silent leaves, and that only served to ruffle his feathers further. Indeed, his wings extended slightly from his back and set themselves as if for a predatory launch, as he looked about, daring something to answer him. Certainly, the trees could not respond to him, but what form of petty excuse was that? His grey eyes glinted with a faint glow of blue-silver fire.

Sighing, he stretched his hand in front of him, and took hold of the air. Slowly, he pulled his hand to himself and his dark, oaken staff came to being in his grip.

"
It is so hard to pull here. Everything here exists to spite me."

Shrugging, he leaned heavily on his staff, and let his wings fall back to a more comfortable position nestled snugly against his back. He assumed he was likely not in the same place he had arrived the last time, but he had found his way simply the last time, and he would again this time.

"
I wonder. I wonder. Perhaps In Nomina Caelum Amplus yet exists, or maybe there is yet a remnant. Pah. I have no time to waste here in this tree-filled nothing. I came here for a reason, and I will set about that reason."

Sighing again, he walked slowly toward the northeast, waiting a bit before unfolding his wings and taking flight to the night skies.

Last edited by Greymalkin on Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:15 pm
Stablehand

Hadryn licked his lips and immediately regretted it. Cold air viciously assaulted his lips and robbed them of their new found moisture and the fading remnants of warmth. He did prefer the air was chill as opposed to warm, but he did not enjoy it in excess. Pulling his robes closer to his small form, he sighed heavily and frowned at his visible breath.

The surroundings had changed little save the fact that the trees were more numerous than at the place he had arrived. Surely, he had no idea as to his whereabouts, but he knew he was more apt to discover something while moving rather than waiting for his mysterious destination to come to him. Purpose pressed his journey more than anything else, and, truth be told, he was weary of his travel through the portal so little other than purpose existed to compel him.

He had flown for perhaps a quarter of an hour before his wings had tired physically, and rested a few minutes before traveling again. The night was still young, well before midnight, but he would continue until daybreak.

"
It has been so long since I have been here, I am nay yet acclimated to the...ways of this place. Everything is always so different here from everwhere else. And who was it? Ah, I am sure it is Foret's hand or one of those others. Gods are so fickle, and often petty. The three here have been battling each other for so long; indeed so many gods tend to follow that fashion. What a boring lot. They have all of eternity to spend and they waste it on trying to kill each other and usurp each others' power. I do hope someone told them they are immortal. That would make dying quite a challenge. Then again it is nay as though we humans have nay battled incessantly and futily throughout all of our existences, on all of our planes. What a boring lot we are as well that all we have to occupy our time is to copy the insipid machinations of our celestial fathers in heaven and hell. Indeed, the god of creativity is lax in his duties."

Talking to himself. That's what years of loss had done to his once great mind. Years of torment and saddness had reduced him to a bitter, wingéd man who oft lamented on the slightest thing that he would have once overlooked. Then again, it was not as though he had much else to do other than walk and talk.

"
What now? Where is a town? A hamlet? A city? A farm lost in the middle of nowhere? Has this place become a decivilized world full of fir trees that bicker as it's humanoid predecessors once incessantly did? No, this is nay annoying. At least there is nay any snow."

His dark, shadowy wings twitched in agitation, but they were still not ready to carry him further.

"
I wonder if the High Lady Taliana is still here. She was so adept in the use of herbs and in healing. It would likely be a slight on her to ask her to ease my exhastion, but I have suffered it so long. Perhaps, perhaps it would nay be so much a slight if I asked nicely for once. Nay. Nay, niceties have born me fruit that has long since withered. My Lady Taliana, though. Daos. My Lord Solik. Old friends, but nay forgotten. Truly, the only ones I have left. Perhaps here. Perhaps here my enemies will nay find me. Perhaps. Perhaps."

A walking staff and weary feet carried him toward the dark horizon, even as a gentle breeze brought the night's first flakes of snow to the frozen earth.

Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:40 pm
Stablehand

The little shadow darted quickly between the thousand year old trees, silent. A gleam from small red eyes, the only clue to the creature's progress through the archaic woods. Quickly diving beneath the sudden branch in his path, a soft squeak is heard as he regains his compusure. Around one tree, turning easward and sweeping his agile wings tightly against him, the dark imp catches a glimpse of the moonlight as he nears his mistress's clearing. With one final sweep of his dark wings, he bursts into highnoon-like moonlight.

Soft white petals of vesper lillies float about in the gentle breeze caught within the clearing's boundaries, and ground coated in the flowers themselves. Fireflies flicker pointlessly through the tall tendrils of slumbering day lillies surrounding the crystaline spring at the northern end. The black drake almost rolls his eyes at his mistress's fancy, sweeping his onyx wings again and gliding silently towards the pale naked body floating in the pond.

Ah, my lovely little friend. What is it you have spied this night? the soft, melodic voice resounds over the lapping waves. The nymph stands in the shallow, chilled waters squeezng the remnants of liquid from her long platinum hair. She turns slowly to the drake, who had taken perch on one of the limestone rocks at the edge, her sculpted face framed by dripping tenrils of hair, her silver eyes smiling.

He cocks his angled head at her, closing his eyes to show her the image of what, and who, he had seen step from the sliver. A tall, dark man, winged! Hadryn. The nymph's face is wreathed briefly in stunned surprise before melting into a beautific smile. If Hadryn lived, perhaps others from her past existed in this new plane, perhaps INCA still existed, in one form or another. The nymph glides out of the water, her sliver-tipped feathers dragging the surface of the pool before she shakes her wings out to full extension. The drake cries out in dismay as his pelt is covered in water.

Oh, my beautiful little Rainne, what a gift you have brought me She sweeps the drake into her bare arms and hugs him, tossing him into the air to take wing, giving him the mental command to track the mage, and that she would follow. He trills loudly and takes wing upwards over the canopy of trees.

The nymph hangs her head, her hair shielding her face as she murmurs a few soft words. The dancing petals in the breeze vanish, only to reform about her pale body, circling about her in a tornado like rush, before bursting into soft doeskin breeches and a silvery blouse. She stretches her long fingered hands upwards, her wings at their full extension of twelve lengths, finally sweeping into the air like a soft dove.

The full moon over head lights off her back, as she flies nor'eastward towards the aura of her familiar.

Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:01 am
Stablehand

The black drake's translucent wings caress the midnight breeze, delicately sweeping him ever onwards. Normally invisible at nighttime, except for the shine of his blood red eyes, the moonlight glinting from his back makes him almost obscenely obvious. He growls his protest, pointed little teeth catching a reflection of stars, themselves resembling those celestial bodies. Again, he sweeps his broad wings, the tips tickling in a fog cloud and sending a tiny shiver across his delicate frame. Again, that deeply throated growl. Why his mistress insisted on his following the dark mage, he'd never understand. Sure, they were friends many many... okay, MANY years ago, but nevertheless. She hadn't seen him in eternity, spoken to him in as long, and yet she insists.......the drake mentally babbles to himself, unnerved.

Far behind him, he feels his mistress, the sorceress-herbalist Lady Taliana. Her blue-ish aura was unmistakible. Especially in this place of darkness. He snorts softly. For all he never completely fathomed her, for he was but a simple drake after all, he had often risked neck and wing to keep her safe. A quick closing of his red eyes and he dives, bored to antics, throwing a random corkscrew and wild dives, chittering wildly in his enjoyment. Suddenly he catches a glimpse of motion, and clenching his wings tightly to his prickled back, he drops as a stone, falling until only a few lengths from hitting ground, spreading them widely again to catch the breeze. Gliding stealthily he ceases to breathe, catching air only when a slight breeze hid the sound. The figure before him stops moving, obviously weary and leaning heavily on the oaken staff. Feathered wings droop from the shrouded figure's back, and Rainne issues a soft query.

The figure turns, and he looks placidly at the ebony drake with eyes as cold as the snow that is falling. Moments pass and he but stares blankly. Finally, his lips curl in to a contemptuous whisper.

"Oh, it's you."

Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:39 am
Stablehand

Snow. He was not concerned with the cold, but the snow would quickly dampen his clothes. Already, pristine white flakes of snow bespeckled his jet black hair, robes and cloak. Irritation spread across his brow.

"
Well, this is just all well and good! How am I sup..."

Something familiar, flitted through his mind, and he paused in his stride.

"
Oh how interesting. Oh how soon."

Hadryn turned to look blankly as what he immediately recognized as Rainne. The dark drake looked as it always had. Seemed as it always seemed. It's eyes mocked him, and Hadryn's ire arose.

"
Oh, it's you."

Hadryn did not speak as he continued to look at the drake, but his head pounded. His wings glowed with a soft blue-silver hue, even as his eyes glazed over to an opaque black.

"
You are here. Yes. That means your mistress is here. That means everyone is still here. That means. Yes. That means it is time."

Lifting his staff and free hand, a web of dark lightning encased the mage tightly as bolts streaked blindingly forth from the globe toward the drake in a deadly dance, meant to kill.

Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:48 pm
Stablehand

The drake squeaks in surprised terror, pulling his wings tightly by his side to drop like a stone to the ground, a bright flash hiding him briefly before altering him to full dragon size. A bright blue aura absorbs the blow, even at such a distance, his mistress's power protecting him. The dragon-drake blinks in surprise, temporarily caught assunder at the action taken by one he'd thought was his friend before deeply growling. Crouching into a feline-like position, he growls deeply, the sound shaking the very soil underfoot as he readies to leap in rage...

But the soft, wise voice of the mistress calls to him..

No, pet... he is not himself. He knows not his actions. Away to me my love...

Snarling his distrust, and eyeing the mage for a half second more, the dragon sweeps into the air, his downstroke keeling over several young trees as he makes his escape from the newly hostile foe.

Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:45 pm
Stablehand

Panting heavily, the dark mage sank to one knee and gulped for breath. He had heard her voice.

"
Taliana. My Lady Taliana? I know it is her. I can nay reach the thought. It is so distant. She is so distant. Everyone is so distant. Where is everyone? Where am I? So far away."

Gingerly he looked up, but he did not see her anywhere near him. He knew he had heard her voice, but he could not see her, or Rainne for that matter.

"
Rainne. Oh Rainne. I didn't mean to harm you. I didn't try. I didn't mean...Gods...I am so sorry. Everyone who comes near me is harmed, is killed; is gone. Oh, Gods, I am so sorry. So sorry"

Tears welled and burned in his eyes, and dropped into the snow. He looked around frantically for her. Eyes scanned snow and forest, and he questioned the night in a cracked voice, not like the one he had spoken in before. Indeed, he sounded more as a child.

"
Taliana? Taliana, are you there? Please, Taliana, please don't come close. I don't want to hurt...I don't...I can't control myself. Taliana? Taliana? Please tell me Rainnes is ok. Please tell me I didn't hurt him. Are you there? Please don't come near. Please."

Tightly, he gripped the frozen dirt in his hands as he stared down into the snow, tears flowing freely. He was confused, utterly confused, and he hoped she would go. He really didn't want to hurt her accidentally. Truly, he did not want her to see him like this. He had attacked Rainne, her companion, and he did not deserve her friendship any longer.

Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:49 pm
Stablehand

The drake flits about her skittering wildly, furious and frightened, and shivering. She lifts her arms out to the little creature and he lights upon it, shaking madly and whimpering for her comfort. The nymph soflty caresses the animal's back and he calms.

Hadryn had been through so much. She felt it in her bones, she could hear it in her head as he called out to her, begging for forgiveness. She had long since forgiven him any trespass, and yet she couldn't understand what afflicted his soul so violently. He had seemed... different... like a wholey separate entity was trapped in the body of her friend. She knew the loss, she knew the suffering. And yet she could do nothing. For to approach him would be jeopardize either of their existence; she knew she could withstand his power, but not if she could overpower him. She wouldn't want to.

The angelic nymph lands softly on the icy ground, the frozen blades of grass tickling her ankles. She could feel his mind, and hear the fighting, the confusion, the fear.

" Taliana? Taliana, are you there? Please, Taliana, please don't come close. I don't want to hurt...I don't...I can't control myself. Taliana? Taliana? Please tell me Rainnes is ok. Please tell me I didn't hurt him. Are you there? Please don't come near. Please. "

She heard his call to her. But chose to ignore it. She would yet find a way to help him. He was one of dearest friends. She would find a way. With that thought, she springs into the air, the drake crying out protest as he gets jossled on her shoulder.

Live for my living, or else I must die.

Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:24 am