It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forever Undying {Quod Magnus Justus} -Open- 
Stablehand

He rode slowly, hoping he could get out unscathed. His quest was not at all going to coencide with this one. Jemary thought about what he had to do. It had been four years since he had been home, and that was right before his wife had died and the Eol war broke out. He hadn't seen his children in at least two years, and his home could have burned down without him hearing it. His king would come onto the mainland every four months or so and tell Jemary what he wanted him to do while on the mainland of Mopri. When he told Jemary to search Maxim for the missing seven criminals of Tigerious, Jemary agreed.

That had been two years ago.

Seven men turned into eight, and those seven men were not unskilled at getting and retaining power. Denamus was the final man, the last peace of the puzzle. Three men were dead within the first four months, but they were the idiots. Denamus, the dishoned son of the king and the younger brother of Aramus was the final one. He, who plotted with his brother to kill their sister- Jemary's wife -had been dishoned. Aramus had died at Jemary's hands in the thoroughs of the war. Denamus managed to get all the way North. Jemary wondered if he could have something to do with this madness that the cold woman was talking about. He had no idea. He had no care. If Denamus was involoved in some greater threat, he would have to become involved, but until then... Someone else's problem.

The woman... Jemary grinned. She wasn't that far behind him, but he wondered if she had figured out what had just happened. Erichmo had spoken to him telepathically, warning him that she could kill him at any second. Jemary shot back a response that can not be repeated here, but included the phrase "then {-ing} do something, {-hole}!" Erichmo had, but if the woman had been reading his mind... hehehe... She would think Jemary was some kind of a saint. Jemary chuckled. Erichmo was a saviour who had, in Jemary's opinion, saved the world at least twice. If she had looked, she would have probably would have seen Erichmo and not Jemary. If she had seen Jemary's true nature... well...

People feared him. That's all he would think on that subject.

He heard something going on behind him, as if people were yelling at each other.

Oh no, Jemary thought, here we go again...

Jemary turned and saw what was going on. An elf... a dark elf... no... no... the last living dark elf... But why was he here? Why...

Jemary stopped and turned his horse, running it at full speed. Both Dinin and Seska immediatly prepared for attack as Jemary jumped off his horse and ran forward, towards his fallen friend.

Something was happening behind him as he stood over his friend, Orion, the last survivor of his race, just like Jemary was the last of his. He looked around, hoping to see Erichmo. Orion was speaking a little in his state of shock that came from extreme fatigue and hunger, he kept saying something about danger... He looked about Kahn sized as far as strength is concerned- small and puny. His horse looked like a oversized dog, with it's rib's showing and all.

Tempest... I think... what the hell happened? he asked the horse rehtorically.

He shrugged, and kicked his fallen friend playfully.

Still making the dramatic entrances, I see.

[center]Insane from the start[/center]

Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:04 pm
Flaming Toaster

Seska was impassive to the ordeal with Erichmo and Dinin. Her attention seemed slightly...diverted. Somehow, she was sensing something she did not desire to see.

She was, however, shooken to awareness rather quickly as the gaunt horse and its tired, sickly looking rider rode in. Recognition did not falre immediatly for her...it had been a very long time since she had last seen Orion, some time back in the mists of Mopri.

She was not amused, after she finally recognized him, to see Jemary's treatment of him.

She strode, no, not strode, stalked over to the fallen mans side, and glared harshly at Jemary in a manner that would wilt flowers.

"Excuse me, Lord Jemary, but you are aware who this is?"

She reached down, being careful not to touch the man, and reached into her robes.

There was a little something she had picked up earlier, some bread, to see if she could still taste...but alas she couldn't, and had no need of food.

She didn't have water, however...

She stood full upright once more, and looked once more to Jemary.

"Since you ARE here, why not tell me of this man you seek?"

Ask Seska. I think he knows...

Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:07 pm
Stablehand

She had sensed him... and passed over him. The rage at the prospect of being ignored began to bubble up within him. He suppressed it. Now was not the time. The energy radiated from the blade hovering at his side, bolts striking the ground with such power that it cracked where it was touched. The air around him seemed to visibly darken, and yet there was not even the slightest hint that he'd drawn from his own energy...

He could still feel the taint of corruption that had not left this land. He called it into himself. He would keep the death that this land now rejected. His rage still threatened to surface.

He took one more look at the ageless elfwoman and then glanced at his sword. He nods and the blade and it points itself at her, and careens across the space between them almost instantly, lodging itself squarely between her breasts.

You dishonor me... come now, old friend... truly there must be something you could say to me...

Though it is but a whisper it carries... to the ears of each person present it floats, and when they glance at him....

The bolts of energy... crimson at the base and violet at the end... flash from his eyes like fire.

Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:31 pm
Stablehand

(ooc- We're friends from school, and a playful kick is like nudging him with my foot)

Jemary felt her standing over him, and didn't like it. He was too busy looking at Orion to wonder about her, though. He had stopped mumbiling as soon as she walked over, and Jemary had to wonder if he hadn't sensed her to begin with. He still was a little bit in an amused shock. Something bad must have happened to put down the only man in the world who Jemary considered at the same strength as himself. Ever since they had met in the war school in their similar quests to topple the eol revolutions and all that it stood for... both for very diffrent reasons, however.

Orion and Jemary started as rivals when they first met, two men who were to proud to admit the other's strengths. Both were initally too proud to admit that the other could be of help to each other, but fate sent them an army of orcs to get them in agreement. And as two of the six surviving people from that bloody battle and two of the four who survived the eol war, Jemary and Orion beacme good friends, though they didn't always get along. Erichmo and Khan where the only other two to survive the wars they had particapated in. Jemary looked at Orion, thankful he had found his way near to Erichmo, the most powerful magical force Jemary had ever known, and the greatest healer known to man. Othewise, Orion would be meeting Ramous, Laxma and countless others in the great beyond...

Excuse me Lord Jemary, but do you know who this is? Seska asked. Jemary did not immediatly respond, but kept his focus on Orion. The woman again gave him an unpleasant look. Sometime in the near future he would have to show her his unhappy face too...

Since you are here, why not tell me of the man you seek, she asked.

Simple.

"It's simple. He was once a prince of my island. But he turned on his sister, who was married to me. The king always loved his daughter most, and his two sons feared that I would take their crown. Well, now I will. I seek this man because he is the final person responsible for her death."

He looked back at Seska, but saw no immediate compasion. He didn't see that look any more, however...

"I guess I'll explain this now..." he smiled "long ago, there were many great species of evil. This you already know. And you already know that long ago, there was a great war in which most of the evil on this world was destroyed, making way for human kind. This is all common knowledge. What most people don't know is that many of the species killed and hunted during those great purges were not directly involved in those wars. I am a descendant, for instance...

Something happened. Suddenly, the world in front of them became increaingly darkened. A man with a sword that floated was in front of both Seska and Jemary, putting on some kind of light show...

Then a sword came forward and struck Seska in the chest. Jemary saw no blood at the impact. He could only guess to what this unholy terror next to him was. But he knew he could very well be next. His jacket came off, and he looked at the belts on his forearms holding his throwingknives. With his jacket off, all of his weapons could be seen. He stood looking at this dark presence in front of him. He only hoped that this figure knew who to attack and who not to attack, such as himself and Orion. Jemary had no need of senseless violence with his friend disabled...

Last edited by Lord Jemary on Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:09 pm
Stablehand

The arrogant little child had removed his coat to reveal all his shiny weapons... how quaint. Just a moment before Ten had heard him thinking about some foolish war full of weaklings and how most of them had died. He had read, from those thoughts, the child's weaknesses and strengths and assessed him as little threat.

The energy lashed out and struck at Jemary's feet with a loud blast. Dirt flew into the air and the demon spoke.

Young one, it would take fifty of you to subdue me regardless of what you believe yourself to be... regardless of the wars you have fought and the people you have killed and seen killed. I am ageless... timeless... older now that you will have been when you reach onehundred times your current age.

You would attack that which has been growing in strength for eternity. Even now I am only 3 steps removed from perfection.

The demon lifts a hand and the sword blinks from seska's breast back to its place, hovering above the palm of his hand. He steps forward, the places where his feet have touched are, as he passes, blackened to ash once again. He taps the energy that once flowed through the hand of another... a deep well of unbridled malice...

Fight me, child, and I shall show you the color of pain.

As the energy flows into him the air becomes cold and even the dead ground on which they stand freezes over. The demon turns away from the insignificant child to gaze, once again, upon his old friend.

Come now, Seska... surely you'd not have this child killed for your refusal to speak to me... do not let him kill himself for something he cannot understand.

Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:37 pm
Flaming Toaster

Seska smiled vaguely as the man described who it was he was chasing after. In herm ind, she secretlyl et the cogwheels turn. It had the Lord written all over it, she told herself. Perhaps this man could usem y help, or whatever little aid I could possibly afford him.

"Indeed I am aware of the histroy of such. I wrote a lot of the history books regarding such subjects. First hand experience is such a great deal better than theory and guesswork. I begin to get the distinct impression that you do not think I am very old, either that, or very insignificant. I have been around since the begining, or very near. One day I shall have to let you peruse my libraries...they are extensive and contain anything you couldp ossibly want to kinow from history to warfare, to magic books."

She now grinned, but it was still without mirth, without warmth. Damend this, she thought. Such simple things, robbed from me by that bastard! I will get even...

"Anyway, I suppose I should introduce myself a little more formally. I am Seska Kardis of that lost line, and now fallen. My family perished about fifteen thousand years ago, by your reckoning. I am all that remains..."

She had been waiting for this. She knew it would happen, because the demon Ten was not one who went away if you ignored it. She did not expect THIS though.

She looked down at the blade that was buried in her chest, her face in a state of genuine shock. She looked up at the face of that most nefarious lord, and slowly shock was replaced by anger.

"You....why do you come here! Can you not see that I have dispelled your foul shade from this land! Look at this...just look at this...that was genuine silk! It'll cost me quite a few gold to fix that you bastard! And do you think fixing flesh woundsi s easy?"

Her rage was rather undirected at first, but then...

But then he began to threaten the others. And that was intolerable.

She stepped between Jemary and the others, and him, flames burning deep in her eyes.

"You know not of his capabilities as I know them not, Ten. But you come here threatening someone who has earned trust..." She looked back at Jemary and smiled as cold as death. "No, if he does indeed know Orion, then he has all the trust I need give to any. And now..."

Orions' fallen form glimmered ever so faintly, as if stars, distant and remote, glittered about his body. Gaunt limbs began to regain tone, dull eyes lost the dullness and were sheened over with health. The tear and wear upon a body beaten by travel gradually vanished, replaced by freshness only gathered by long rest and good exercise. The glimmer increased only slightly as it finished with its touch up, and then faded away slowly, leaving a freshly healed elven man laying on the ground instead of one on the brink of death. It would not stop the craving for food or water, but the craving was no long an issue, for he would neither die nor grow ill without either for a protracted period of time.

Seska looked back at the fallen Orion, and then returned her glance to Ten.

"You are nothing more than his puppet, Ten. I can see his strings attached to you, and you do what he wishes one way or another. You are no better than a puppet, and your puppet master shall die, as will you. Unless you find a way to break his hold. But know this...never threaten those on my homelands, for they are under my protection so long as they cause no trouble."

It was a lightning fast strike, but the tidal wave of raw power behind it, the sheer enormity of the spell that she hurled at him without the barest flicker of concentration caught Ten off gaurd. There was no build up of power, it simply gathered in one moment, and struck out the next. Nevertheless, the Demon Lord Ten was able to raise sufficient defenses not to be hurt by that ringing blow.

well...now I have alerted every mage on this fucking island as to my location, and that I am back...way to go..."

The blow did succeed in doing one thing, and that was knocking the Demon Lord back several feet. The air glistened like ice for a second where her spell had struck his slow to mount defenses. And then it was gone.

"No, Ten. Perhaps he couldn't destroy you, or perhaps he could. But I can. You are nowhere near so invincible as you think you are, and everything can be brought to its end, including myself. Perhaps, Jemary, you were wondering what I am. I am an elf of the purest of blood, of the second generation of elvenhood. There is only a few more purer than I and they are almost all dead. I am dead myself, having transcended life and death, or, as you would call it, I am a lich..."

Seska growled at Ten, and set her glare to work on him. Ice seemed to fall from the very air, tinkling on the ground about her.

"Begone, Demon Lord Ten. If I see you in my lands again, I shall kill you where ever you stand, and if you do not leave this instant, I shall just destroy you now."

Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:25 pm
Stablehand

Location: 2nd star to the right.....and straight on till morning!
Dinin steped back from the conflict about and put his hand on his shadowblade for although he didnt wantit involve himself if this lord ten made a direct assult on either jemary or seska dinin would haveot get involved..

As seska threatened the demon lord dinin stepped up behind her as if you give the demon lord a perspective that he is quite out numbered although dinin knew seska could handle herself.

Dinin glanced over to orion and then to jemary who was quite enraged atthis point.. then back to seska who was stating her point to the demonlord...

dinin just smirked at the demon lord as seska threatened him for he knew she could do everything she desrcibed..

Flshing back to before the fall of the empire.. dinin knew the demon lord. Dinin was under his command when the empire ruled.. now this figure seemed not as bad nor terrifying (although he was) since dinin wasnt under the control of Avanth..

Remembering his cockyness and how quite invinciable and how dinin feared him.. dinin was now enraged on how he could be controled by Avanth and fear this demon lord ten..

he was nothing ... power yes .. able to destroy dinin.. nothing that hasnt been done before dinin thought as he pulled his sword out of his sheath and looked at the shadowlbade in his pale lifeless hand..

this man caused his family to die.. they were in this city .. this city was destroyed because of demon lords master ... this man would pay if Avanth couldnt.. the time was now .. this demon wouldnt have the chance to leave if dinin had a thing to say about it .. No MATTER WHAT SESKA WAS SAYING

Dinin threw off his robe and leaped into the air leading with his blade .. rage consumed him thinking about his son who was a rising knight of the empire that had fallen due ot this demon lords master..

"Your time is now!" dinin said as he landed in front of seska and right in front of the demon lord.. dinin swung his blade to a offense stance as he landed
"Threaten a friend you find my anger.. and u will see iam not so easily supressed" Dinin glared at the man smirking slightly as if beckin the fight .although jemary wasnt a friend it gave dinin an excuse to fight

Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:38 pm
Stablehand

Oh please... I came here, not to fight, but to get your attention.

The demon turned his back on them and simply began walking while he speaks... the air around him once again darkens as he gets further and further away... and somehow, the whisper in which he speaks is carried from him to the ears of many, even though he is turned away from them.

I've accomplished my goal... and regardless... I could not be killed here... not with the taint still present on this land... I would not waste my time fighting those who are so much weaker than I... Seska... now Seska might be an interesting fight... you would be swatted like a fly, Dinin Darkstar.

He chuckles as the air in front of him becomes so dark as to be part of the void. Violet energy strikes out from it, lighting the air with energy foreign to this world. Tendrils of darkness reach out from the void for yards to caress Seska's face... they invite her to join them again.

One wraps itself around Dinin's wrist... and one around Jemary's leg... two light themselves across Orion's palms. The grip of sheer darkness... the cold with which Seska's stare had assaulted him was now called and raised by the arms of the abyss. Even the ground beneath them frosted as they passed. In their shadow the ground cracked and crumbled.

I've grown since you left us Seska... very much so. I don't think you realize...

I'm no longer just an insect... you have cause to be worried... dear friend... And as for threats.. I have no need of them. I warn...

The tendrils fade... the darkness recedes... and Ten bows. The blade at his side glows violet for just a moment before he vanishes.. simply blinking from site as though he had never been there.

Follow me if you dare, child.

Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:03 pm
Stablehand

Dinin stood with his blade drawen as the demon lordinsulted him further.. dinin glared at Ten as he walked into the darkness..

as Dinin's wrist is bound by some kind of energy a cold is felt thru him.. a cold just as he felt as the day he was turned.. a cold feeling as if sucking the life force out of you.. but there was no life force left to be sucked..

dinin wasa cold stagnint creature of his former self.. as the energy beckoned him to follow not sure of what to think stood upright and charged tord the darkness

"I will show you a mere fly you incompitent fool " Dinin exclamied as he charged with his sword drawen into the darkness
awaiting the conflict to be

Dinin plowed inot the darkness nothing could be seen yet.. but dinin was on the watch for he knew that this was a beckon and Ten would show himself.. dinin scouted with his eyes but saw nothing

"show youself!" Dinin yelled as he awaited the moment that he knew would come

<edit>Posts in the Maxim forum must consist of 3-5 paragraphs with three sentences per paragraph -- that's nine sentences at the minimum. Edit your post to reflect these requirements, as it is only 8 sentences currently. Also, it would behoove you to capitalise the beginnings of your sentences, as I cannot currently tell what you intend to be a new sentence and what is supposed to be an additional clause. -Evangeline.</edit>

Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:29 pm
Stablehand

The darkness fades from the vale just as Dinin crosses into it. As he strides into the gateway it is as if he has walked into a wall of water. He passes through a darkness so thick as to be almost unbearable before emerging in a barren wasteland apart from the world where he started.

Dinin... Dinin... so headstrong... You should learn to control your emotions. They'll get you killed.

The voice comes from nowhere and everywhere. For a moment it seems as though there is actually substance here, but upon inspection it is obvious that there is no "ground" or "sky"... only and endless range of maliscious violet stars... each one whispering at Dinin to flee... To beg for mercy...

In the distance a star explodes, showering Dinin with dark energy. This void, saturated with hate, begins to reach out to the part of Dinin that is filled with rage... with hate... Images of the death of his family are flashed in the light of this emotional hell.

The Demon steps forward from the darkness. Ripples radiate out from the place where he appeared and in their wake the city of Claria, before its destruction, is recreated in the void.

Ten waves a hand and Dinin is bound to the spot on which he stands. The demon circles him slowly.

Your family is dead... your bloodline destroyed... you are the last... aren't you, child? And you would charge to your own death as though it were nothing... You are a fool. You disgrace your own lost loved ones... have you no heir? Nothing to carry the bloodline?

And already you wish your soul to be a part of me?

The demon chuckles again... a cold and lifeless thing devoid of all emotion. He steps away from Dinin and lowers his hand, freeing Dinin from the hold. As he does the cataclysmic destruction of the city is flashed by in an instant and they are standing amongst the shadowy ruin it had become.

Then come, child, and show me your worth.

Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:07 pm
Stablehand

Dinin Watching his home city from which he was raised.. being brought back and then destroyed again as Ten spoke..

"Your family is dead... your bloodline destroyed... you are the last... aren't you, child? And you would charge to your own death as though it were nothing... You are a fool. You disgrace your own lost loved ones... have you no heir? Nothing to carry the bloodline?

And already you wish your soul to be a part of me? "

Dinin glared and gav a hateful stare to Ten as dinin was freed from his bound and aloud ot move dinin responded
" iam no longer part of my bloodline .. they are dead .. as am i .. i just havent parted yet... release would be a favor to me .. headstrong heh maybe but nothing i cant handle..u know nothing of me dont try and insult me with the wicked images of my city and family.. they do nothing for me .. idream about them every night.. nothing i dont haveot deal with everyday .. your tricks dont work on me.. so far iam not impressed"
Dinin exclamied as he brought his sword up and nodded honoralbe to the Demonlord...
The time is now dinin thought tohimself as he held his shadowblade with one hand and his familys tomhawk with dinin and his sister sonyas name enscribed on it
dinin flung himself at Ten swinging the sword first and using the tomahawk as a secondary underslash
Ten didint move one bit as dinin closed in and swung.. but yet instantly dinin's strike seemed tobe blocked by Ten's sword and dinins hand with the tomahawk was grasped by Ten's
amazed dinin knew he had gotten into more than he bargined for..but he hadot finish it .. no way he was backing down now.. No one insults the Darkstar family.. no matter how strong they think they are!!

Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:27 pm
Stablehand

The demon lifted Dinin off of his feet... and smiled coldy at him. Whispers began to come from the ruins around them and his family appears... almost physically... so real was the illusion.

They touched Dinin with cold lifeless fingers, begging him to save them from their torture. They asked him why he let them die. They cried to him... they begged him to release them.... or to join them.

Dear child, I wish not to impress you.

Once again the demon taps the infinite well of hate and bloodlust at his disposal, tapping even the hate and rage present in Dinin. The air grows stale and it glows violet and crimson with hateful energy. It begins to focus between them and the cold deepens until it is numbing and painful. It takes a moment but as the energy hyperfocuses it creates a blast of energy sufficient to send Dinin crashing to the ground.

I wish to teach you humility.

Ten blinks and a serpant of fire wells up from the ground before him. It hisses and snaps at Dinin and then becomes a great orb of white hot fire before it is sent careening directly at him.

Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:05 pm
Stablehand

(ooc- u suck Ten forcing me to show my true form so early .. i will msg u with the full history of it alright)
Dinin stood up just in time ot see a white firey orb flying at him..
snickering as the orb right right in front of him dinin leaped into the air and landed right nextot Ten..

dinin looked up at Ten and smiled
"Ashuun" Dinin chanted as a seering light lite up the darkness they were in
as the light faded back to normal dinin stood in his true vampiric form

flames layed his eyes and he had huge claws for hand now..as his wings expanded behind

" I am the fall sarafan" dinin said bluntly as a the symbol on his cest light up the symbol was a pair of wings on what looked like a 7 almost.

"you should've known that if you can so easily trace my family and bloodline... iam no mere mortal turned ...iam one of the first.. one of 7"

Dinin mentally sent Ten pictures of dinins past the orignal 7 Sarafan the holy warrior sent from the heavens of mo'pri.. holy avengers gone corrupt 1000's of year ago.. Dinin Darkstar the vampire was a mere phsade to the true extend of dinin

after a brief history lesson dinin's hands light up with flames as dinin faced his palms tord Ten his hands shot out flames tord him with the heat to melt a planet.. the ground instantly melted as the flames grew closer to Ten

Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:53 pm
Stablehand

No words could be more true, he thought. Jemary found massive amounts of amusment in the fact that people misunderstood him... to bad for them. This pest Ten had come forth and called him a child, which annoyed him, but then the ugly manifistation decided to knock him over... not smart. Jemary noted without a word that the demon had looked over his weapons, and then got the impression that he wasn't impressed. Mistake number two. Even one was too many.

Seska stepped forward, spoke some words to the demon, who seemed a little bit more cautious with his words. Jemary wondered if the two knew each other, and decided they must. So, he was old, too. Figures. Jemary hated being around the elderly. They got stupid and cocky, and didn't realize that superior strength and magic couldn't beat emotion, speed and intellegence. And Jemary had found a certin type of intellegence... the best kind... the kind that was unexpected and yet undefeatable all at once.

Jemary paid attention to Seska. She would admit that she had no idea about his skills. And she was right. None of them did. Ah, if they only knew... if they only knew! Jemary couldn't help but smirk a little bit. If things continued on, they would see where Jemary's arrogance came from. Another immortal was going to die here today, another who couldn't die could and would fall.

Dinin then stepped forward and attacked, claiming Jemary was a friend. That he wasn't so sure of. And as Dinin fought, Jemary noticed that Orion had been revived and so forth.
(ooc- Jesus, could you guys take it easy? I feel like I'm reading a novel just trying to catch up)

Dinin and Ten fought. Jemary didn't know what was going on, nor did he care. He took out his katana, inspecting it slowly as Seska watched on. She was watching the fight intently, as if she didn't know the outcome. Jemary knew what was going to happen, even after the vampire changed into a more sophisticated form of himself. You can't beat those older fighters without a trick up your sleeve... a great trump card wins every time. And Jemary had the Ace Of Spades...

He slowly inspected his blade. Three notches, he noted. Only three. And if things get really ugly, there could be four to five notches. Ah, the beauty of evil killing weapons. It was always fun to hear immortal beings scream in a mix of fear and pain before they died... and Jemay had 15 throwing knives, 2 blades, 2 swords, 2 more knives and a katana that could get the job done. He smiled.

Slowly he pulled out a rolling paper and a little bit of tobacco out of a pocket on his pant's. He then took out a match and lit it off of his own face, something that most people had never seen... but he doubted it impressed Seska very much. He looked at her. She didn't even notice him. God, he hated old people.

Jemary? Erichmo said as he walked up, bottle of ale in hand, what the bleck is going on?!

Jemary smiled at his friend, but said nothing. He slowly put his katana back into the carrier on his back. He had no idea. None at all.

Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:50 pm
Stablehand

Erichmo just stared with his staff toward the argument between Dinin and DemonLord 10. He gave a weird look at the two and turned toward Orion, whom he had been friends with longer than he could remember. He was ecstatic at the sight of Orion. He, along with Jemary, hadn't seen Orion in a couple of years. Erichmo desperately wanted to know what was going on with Orion and Jemary, but hasn't really gotten the chance to yet.

Orion! Orion! Where have ye come from? I haven't seen ye in ages. Like old times again, with you and Jemary here. If only Khan could make it. What are the odds of that, you think?

The argument between Dinin and DemonLord 10 was becoming more and more heated. As the words grew louder and more insulting, Erichmo was becoming a little aggravated. He turned to Orion, who was now beside Jemary.

I say we get the hell out of here. This is getting out of hand. I do not know who these people are, or what they hell they are fighting about. Orion, Jemary, lets blow this joint, find some other town, perhaps sip on some boysenberry ale. Relax.

Erichmo turned toward Seska with a smile.

Seska, your welcome to come, too.

Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:52 pm
Flaming Toaster

*OOC sorry Ten and Dinin....I have to do this so it is more clear that yuou are not there to be heard *L*---

Seska was impassive, emotionless as Dinin leapt forward to the attack....

She raised her hand, and then there was sudden silence, as though the world had swallowed the two quarreling men in the darkness...now all that was left were her and the other three...

She turned to look at Erichmon and shook her head.

"I am sorry, my guests, but it is really all my fault for a lot that has transpired. I have freshly awoken, andm y awakening has...disturbed some people who thought I was out of the picture. Before too long, even the Lord shall know I walk and bre....that I walk upon the face of the world again. He will be less happy about it than that man Ten was just now. However..."

She pointed all around her at the wasteland she had wrought of these plains before the towering five peaks of Koriasai. She shook her head even more sadly.

"It is about sixty miles to the nearest established township. The nearest place to drink spirits is that way..."

She pointed solemnly towards the great canyon of cold, black rock which led into the solitude of Koriasai, the Valley of Shadows. Or at least, it had been...even now the cold sunlight managed to pierce the veil of evil totally, driving it from the air...

"In there is the seat of power that the Lord I seek claimed for a long while. He has been, shall we say, usurped. The place is safe enough, and I have dwelt there long enough to aquire my storage of the usualy spirits and wines..."

She smiled without warmth at the assemblage, and then turned to Orion, where he lay.

"You can awaken any time you like, you know..."

Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:16 pm
Stablehand

(ooc- Screw it. Forget this happened. I humbily apologize, and hope nobody freakin kills me.)

Last edited by Lord Jemary on Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:46 pm
Stablehand

The sound of clapping echoed like thunder through the emptiness of this subworld, reverberating off of unseen mountains, beating harshly on the ears. It was smooth, and it was controled, and foretold a great deal about the clapper itself.

It was allready darkened in this hellish world betwixt worlds, and yet it somehow managed to grow darker. An insideous feeling of dread crept into that place...and then the sound of footsteps complimented the clapping.

"Well.....well.....well...."

The voice was as smooth as silk, lulling, and filled with such animosity as could never be described. His...and it was clearly male...his words could on their own right start wars and murder, and bring out that impossible rage that existed in everything that lived and breathed...

The darkness that had descended due to Ten and himself rolled back, and this void began to be filled with a shapeless, humorless light...not bright, but bright enough.

Avanth the Master of Darkness stood a little off to the sides of the growing match of strength and fear...fear he soaked in, fear he absorbed. Anger that he tore ruthlessly away from the only other user of such things here. ANd the Lord grinned as mirthlessly as a cobra before the strike.

"Ah yes...I remember now. It had been so long since I have truely been awake. It is a unique feeling. Yet I come back to find oen I have entrusted with certain duties to be flaunting his powers and ignoring the little I have managed to teach him to something...not worthy of consideration. This is intolerable."

The both of them were thrust aside and to the ground by an immeasurable force, a force of will, or of magic, or of simple strength the likes of which none of the two had ever encountered before. It pinned them to the earth, if earth it was. And while they lay, unable to move directly, Avanth stepped between them, the icy grin never leaving his face. Locks of his moonlight white hair flowed in unseen dimensional breezes, and then he chuckled to himself. It was a disturbing sound to say the least. The power that was wielded upon them was released.

"[color-darkblue]Ten....you would do well to tell me what it is you think you accomplish by pushing this mortal about as if he were important enough to warrant your attentions. I also have need to discuss of some things with you, but only after you have answered my questions.[/color]"

The lord turned his back fully on Dinin, and glared ruthlessly at his pupil, or his puppet, whichever you chose to call it. His dark robes streamed in the pale light, and the fell wings that they covered could just be seen, black feathers occasionally twisting off into eternity.

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:03 pm
Flaming Toaster

*OOC: Jemary. I will ask once nicely here, on the boards, OOC. DO NOT MOVE MY PLOT AHEAD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I will let it go this one time...I enjoy RPing with you, but there are limits to what I will tolerate. Do it again, and the Voice Evengaline, who has been watching this thread, will be notified. On with the show! ^_^

IC:

She stood outside and away from the tavern where the others had gathered after the short journey, assisted by magic, into the heart of Koriasai. A tavern, which she had noted, that had survived both her spell, and the reign of darkness that had poisoned this land.

It was a small township, with a population of zero. All that remained was this crumbling tavern, a few shambles that were what remained of hovels, and one place of worship, its altar stone cast done and the walls wrecked, most likely by the foul shades that had wandered this terrain ceaselessly.

She looked out onto the land. The high, towering clifs of Koriasai, a bane to military assault through any other place than the canyon that led in. The crumbling statues of the Gods as they were long ago, cast to the ground near the road, until the road, and the surrounding land too,vanished into thick black mires of mud and swampland.

Off in the distance, she saw, the tower of Koriasai stood high, and the ancient and mostly disused palace beneath it shone faintly in the sun...something she could never have expected of this hellish place. But now, it seemed, with the festering wound of the Lord removed from the land, it was changing very rapidly. The poison of his power was bleeding out very rapidly...she suspected that over time, it would be almost the same as it was before his imprisonment.

This was an ancient place...she knew this. She had spent time in those days of darkness lookign about the ruins, trying to learn more of this place....but even for her, its history was very much shrouded in strife and war.

She sighed aloud, for there was no one who could hear her. Her silwent plea went unanswered again...for life, and for love. Neither of which she had had for a very long time, and one to which she had hado nly once, a very, very long time ago.

Seska walked in solemn gloom back down the slight slope to the back door of the shattered town, and entered the tavern once more to watch the merriment of those who could have such things...

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:33 pm
Stablehand

Dinin stared bluntly at Avanth's back as for he knew who he was and he had met him once before.. wasnt really the best encounter dinin had ever had but it wasnt the worst either.

working his way up to his feet dinin spread his wings and and clinched his fists as his eyes grew red with flames..
"dont be foolish my young one" the voice appeared in his head instantly calming him.. it was a voice he hadnt heard in sometime.. it was dinin's master...the corrupt one.. the one that brought dinin and his 6 other holy warriors to there knees soo many thousands of years ago..

"you know not what you speak foolish man"
"i know far more than you give me credit for young darkstar...you are still young compared ot me i know far more than you giveme credit so listen for once even if you havent before "
"fuck off!"
dinin silenced the mental link between them and fury overcame dinin as he summoned all his power and slamed his claws inot the ground chanting

"ashuun..talidas..comiooin.del'las"all of a sudden an other bright wave is pushed out of dinins chest as the spell holy is cast thru out the plane
as the bright waves cleared the plane dinin stood staggering weakened by the spell for it seemed to have hurt dinin worse in his corrupt state more than it did Avanth or Ten..

Standing back up dinin pulled out his sword and hoped to catch the attention of the lord Avanth .. although weakened dinin's will was not put on hold.. this would be finish here if it was the last thing dinin did

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:37 pm
Stablehand

Orion felt the invigorating sensation of magik seeping into his golden brown skin and through his veins, his dark black hair felt as if they stood on end, and his grey eyes focused and unfocused. The magik was absorbed like a sponge, and immediately he could feel the effects of the spell. Tense and weakened muscles relaxed, and then they tensed again as if in a cramp and he could feel strength returning to him. He felt as if he had just leapt into a cold lake from a day off hard work and heat, awakened - renewed. His elven senses thrived, his hearing was back to it's prime as was his smell, and when he opened his eyes he was relieved to see the thousands different colors of day. However, there was one wrong...a forboding sense, and eerie darkness was present. Orion looked up to see Seska who's attention was diverted to some commotion behind him, and there were Slinger and Erichmo conversing with eachother. Suddenly two eerie, cold, violet strips burnt with cold onto his palms, and one went on a latched onto Slinger, and Orion watched with mild humor as he toppled to the ground. He turned to notice Seska's reaction and found out that the voilet stripes were casually stroking her face. Then suddenly the stripes disappeared, and Orion heard a sound as if something escaping into a pocket of air, and then a similar sound following it

"My thanks, for renewing me. It has indeed been a great long time since we met, and my apologies for greetings not taking place as they should. I see you've met my friends already...hope they have not caused much trouble, " Orion said getting up weakly, as he still was not fully recovered, and grinned ruefully at the three. "I know not what happens in these parts, Seska. But as fate has it, we've run paths again after all these years...and this time I am in debt to you. But first...I need you to fill me in on what's happened in my time of "absence""

Orion listened intently as a quick summary was given to him, and he thought intently. A slight frown was etched on his face, Orion had remembered when he had tossled with Seska and few of hers back when he was but a young elf, he never liked the idea of taking a sword to a magician, it came with dire consequences. He remembered the powers he had encountered, and they weren't meant to be triffled with. He nodded grimly, some things were meant to be. Perhaps he would live and grow a little wiser, or perhaps his immortal life would be cut short...time could only tell. At that, Orion walked over to where his rapier lay, and he picked it up, life shone within it again as his revived form brought back an curious light into it. He returned to the three as he sheathed the blade silently. Finally, an idea of taking a break at a different location was brewed up and the four had proceeded into a shambled town and they occupied the tavern. Seska had fallen behind, Orion guessed she was dealing with memories of a past life, and chose to leave her alone to her thoguhts. Inside, they found some abandoned bottles in the cellar, they were well aged, they were un-corked and consumed. Orion did not drink freely as he was still thinking of the event at hand.

"I'm going to apologize to you Erichmo and Slinger, but you will have to continue on without me, " Orion said with narrowed eyes. " As my life is due to Seska, honor forces me to put it back before her, she will need aid...if you would help as well, it would be much appreciated...and perhaps we could all come back in one piece. Either way, I've made my decision; it's your choice to come or leave. Should you leave, there will be no need to await my return here, this quest I dare say, will not be a short one."

At that moment a door creaked slightly as Seska emerged from the back off the tavern. It had sounded like wind shifting the door, but Orion had his rapier in hand and was on his feet, but put it away as he recognized her. Nodding to her he motioned to a chair. Turning to Slinger and Erichmo with a smile that had no humor, Orion shrugged

"I know you understand my position, and you two know I will uphold and act upon if my honor or that of my friend should it be challenged, " he said sighing. "Well, I don't know exactly what will happen should the quest fail, but I do know what we will thwart should we succeed. Choice is yours - I am going, farewell to thee"

Orion awaited for Seska to tell them their objective, adrenaline began to seep it's way into every part of him as he warmed up for an adventure

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:53 pm
Stablehand

The Lord halted for a moment, and then turned around swiftly, dark wings tearing through the cloth of his robes. Fully spread, he laughed coldly.

"Don't even think for a second that that scares me, boy!"

The Holy moved like an unstoppable force...well, it seemed as unstoppable. Avanth outstretched one hand, and murmured something totally unwholesome, and the spell began to buckle on itself. In its death throes, it attempted to strike striek the lord in any way it could, succeeding only in marring a single pretty black feather from his wing. The magic faded quickly, drawn into a void of the Lords creation, removed wholey from this plane of existence.

The Lord stood in thought as Dini unsheathed his blade, and then laughed all the harder.

"My dear, sweet child...you met me once before...were amongst my chosen...and now you choose to defy me in such menial manners? This...is how you hurt someone."

It didn't seem as if he had moved at all. In a singel instant he went from standing stock still, to holding Dinins' sword in his hand. It did not cut his flesh, even as the Lord wrenched it ferom his hands in one fluid move, the sound of joints popping in the sword wielders' arm quite audible. In the second motion, Avanths knee drove straight home into the vampires gut with the force of a volcano's fury.

The sound of breaking bone filled the area resolutely as Dinins eyes went wide before he began his catastrophic trip backwards. He did not have to go far.

Archangelic wings unfolded behind him as he moved backwards at speed, and Avanth laughed with sadistic glee as he flexed his muscles with the newfound strength of freedom. The next blow was painful to listen to, let alone experience. Avanths fist came down squarely on Dinins' chest as he sailed by, driving him into the ground with shattering force. The strike was welcomed by further bone breaking.

Avanth laughed sadistically as he looked down on the one whom he had struck down with such ease.

"You shall not be allowed to feel the release of destruction, my fine friend. You shall leave this place at once....meddling in my affairs, as you have found out, is not wise. Begone, else I should smite you to dust where you lay!"

The Lord laughed coldly, and waved his hands in a lazy gesture, and then turned his back as Dinin's form slowly faded into stardust, returning to whence it had come...

"I expect answer soon ten, or I shall do like to you..."

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:55 pm
Stablehand

Even through the blast of light the demon spoke as though it had not happened. The pueling idiot simply did not understand. Ten's gaze, fixed on the lord without waver, was cold and lifeless.

Why? Why do I do this? Merely to cause him pain... he could not stop the death of his family... he could not escape you... and, had you not come here, he could not have escaped me. He is insignifigant... and to know it would cause him more self-loathing than already I feel inside him.

The answer was simple. He had done it because he WANTED to... and the lord knew this without asking the question. A thousand times right here.. in this exact place during this exact times he had asked the exact question and recieved the exact answer. There was nothing more than the simple desire to beat a dead horse into the dirt.

The blood in Ten's veins boiled with rage... he had been interrupted in the middle of a game... and the interruptor mattered not... only that he had been interrupted. His face remained the same... as though set in stone. He merely looked at the lord... No expression... no fear... He would sleep again soon... and then... he would be one step closer... he would be infinitely more powerful... already he was only thrice removed from perfection... his power would increase exponentially once again...

Already the desire to sleep was setting in... it would take a while... but he would sleep again soon.

Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:18 am
Stablehand

Dinin confronted by Avanth was quite stronger than dinin remembered... having his sword riped from his hand and being kicked in the stomach in one switch move.. dinin layed on the ground motionless as Avanth showed mercy and sent dinin back to the other plane

Dinin now laying on the ground in the middle of no where dinin mangaed to transform himself back to his more human state and shake off the broken bones as they quickly healed by regeneration

hitting a nearby tree with his anger the tree instantly splintered and split in half..
Dinin then began ot compose himself and cracked his neck as he tryed to reach seska mentally

Dinin knelt down and put his hand ot his head

"Seska,It is true he is free.. Avanth is on the loose beware..
i will be with you shortly and give you a full story, but right now i must know where you are"

dinin stood back up and summoned for his phantom stead..
instantly appearing dinin mounted the phantom horse and rode to what seemed to be a small town not to far away ..awaiting a msg back from seska dinin could use some ale

Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:08 pm
Stablehand

The Lord chuckled darkly at the antics of the young Lord Ten. He crossed his arms, letting his wings fall against his back in a lazy manner. He ceased his guttural chuckle, and the looked hard at Ten.

"So eager to show others how strong you are, and so tense at the fact you will grow stronger. Your evolution, my dear Ten, is pointless. Eventually it will reach a limit...there is only so much power anything can use, and only so strong something may become. And flaunting it around like a child, a mere fledgling demon at best...tut tut, for shame. There are better, more effective ways. You think the sweet fear of a simple mortal, or one who thinks they are above everything is sweet?"

The movement was as fast as lightning. Faster, for the Lord did not use time in actions, they merely happened.

A rocketing punch landed in the middle of Tens abdomen, muscles contorting under the tremendous strain as Ten, like Dinin, was hurled backwards with velocity, bones cracked under that hammerfall.

Tens ribs healed quickly, and he did eventually come to a rest. When he had, the Lord was behind him, the blade of his dark tinted sword piercing the flesh of his back, but only just.

"The true exhilleration, dear child, is that fear and anger that comes from an opponent that you have let live....for they know they are defeated, and they will go on knowing it for the rest of their pathetic existence. That is truely sweet in your pallete, I asure you..." whispered the Lord into Tens ear, as he removed his blade point from the overzealous lord back.

Avanth paced back in front of Ten, and stood, arms crossed before him.

"Rage at me will not help you either. Plotting against me is of no use. Many have done it, and, as is apparent, all of them have failed...people in greater numbers, each as powerful as you are now. But I have not come her to criticize your actions nor guide you as if you werea lost child. I have come here to deal business...I have a job, or rather, several, that need your attentions."

Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:27 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next