It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:52 pm

The Hunt for Losa (SAO/Invite only please) 
Stablehand

Post The Hunt for Losa (SAO/Invite only please)
*the had been riding for awhile in silence he looks over to the lady that rides along side* *he realizes something and speaks after a long silence*

Mi Lady neither at the keep nor at the sight of the war did I see wolf, you know that Losa's companion would never leave his side. If anyone did anyhting to wolf so help them when Losa comes to.

I have fought along side your husband for a long time, not out of faith in the Goddess Isonia but out of Loyalty to the man snd wolf that saved my life that saved my life. Your husband is as strong as he is stubborn, he will be fine mi lady

*he looks up at her and just goes back to bein silent* *wishing there was a way that he could make her feel better about things knowing in his own way what she is going through*

*he follows her closely making his presence felt but at the same time not going too close* *he had sent word of Losa being missing through out the ranks knowing full and well that will cause any of the men that was with him since this whole thing began would gladly be out there right after the battles were done scouring the fields looking for him*

Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:16 am
Stablehand

For two more days they rode. By the afternoon of the second, they had entered the marshes of Amarth. Balder dismounted and lead the bay along a narrow, all but invisible, track through the moss and scrub, guiding each step of horse intently. Their pace was slowed considerably by the crude litter he had fashioned to carry the still unconscious Losa.

Losa, my brother, I am beginning to wonder if your sorry hide is worthy of my effort. Were it not for hauling you, I would be at my table, a tankard of ale in hand and a willing wench on my knee. As it stands now, not only is my long overdue debauch delayed, but I will have to share with you. Perhaps I should leave your carcass to the buzzards and cut my losses.

Balder bellowed a laugh, tightened the blanket around his friend, and plodded forward once more.

By evening of the third day, they had exited the oppressive swamp and began a gradual ascent up a wooded ridge. Here, a road began, if one could dub it such, for in truth it was no more than a wide game path used for the most part by boar and hind, which abounded beneath the canopy of Poplars, Oaks and Beeches. As they reached the summit, and the darkness in the wood began to deepen into night, Balder sounded three long blasts on the hunting horn that hung at his hip.

Moments later, a fifteen riders thundered down the game track, reigning their horses to a halt just shy of Balder and Losa.

Hail Lord Balder! Welcome home. Your presence at the hearth has been sorely missed.

Well met Esras. It is good to be home. Time enough for visiting later, now see to it that the healer is summoned and that this man is tended to. He is to be shown the same care and attention that would be given me. I go to my fathers hall. Summon me if there is any change in my brothers condition.

Balder leapt into the saddle of Esras' mount and guided the mare at a trot toward home...Caer Cu Roi.

Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:18 am
Stablehand

*the ride on through endless country he was not even sure they were going the right way* *how could they be so sure of anything at all*

*he knew one thing he would not dessert Kiara or the search for Losa* *he would not give up unless Kiara was ready to head back not that he would suggest such a thing*

*he did not speak unless spoken too his mind was too preoccuppied to a few years back seven years to be exact that is when he was let out of the army*

*he went right back looking for her but could not find her* *he searched every possible lead to still turn up with nothing* *he was in a bad way when Losa found him he had been in a fight and had been wounded* *Losa had come in and retrained him and trained him to lead within the army*

*from that time on Starfire was commited to whtever cause Losa was* *only losa knew about his past*

Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:52 am
Stablehand

The words were muttered under her breath, she had heard every word spoken by Starfire but did not trust herself to speak yet. The anger was still too raw and she welcomed it with open arms. The pure surges of hatred and rage kept her from thinking darker thoughts.
She had to allow her anger to fuel her or else she would wilt like the delicate peasent women that her husband had mistaken her for during their very first encounter.....

As much as I would like to help a peasant such as yourself I am a busy man, I have things to attend to or have you not heard of the word that there are attacks on the way. Whatever you should need one of my servants can help you with I am sure

I did not come here to speak to a servant and I sure as hell am no mere peasent woman that you can rid of with a simple wave of your hand.

First off lady I am a busy man who's kingdom if you have not noticed is under attack, and well you certainly look like the many peasant women who has come here asking for me to not enlist thier husband or son or brother in the army. Trust me on this I am sure that one of the lads can take care of almost anyhting you need, and then some If you are not a peasant you should not come looking like one, and give me one reason why I should listen to you. You have shown no respect in my keep, I believe I make the rules here and with that said I am done speaking with you

Shutting her eyes tight against the memories of that first day she took a deep breath and brought her horse to a halt.
Slipping from the beast she stopped long enough to study the markings left on the ground, lifting her head she drew in the air, a small smile came to her face and she looked to Starfire.

We're going the right way. I cant feel him like I would be able to if he were closer, but I know we are nearer to him than we were. The moment I can sense him we lose our horses and whoever he is with, is in for one hell of a surprise.
I hate to say it but I need to rest, only for an hour or so, my son has decided he wants to use my insides for kicking practice, I think the hard riding has upset him. We will pick up again once hes settled.

Straightening up she began digging through a pack tied to her steeds side.
Tossing an apple at Starfire she then moved to sit with her back against the trunk of a tree.

Wolf is not with Losa. I dont know where he is but my pet will be alright, and if hes not, then whoever has harmed him as made a mistake they will not live to regret.
Now sit with me Starfire, and tell me of yourself, it will help keep me focused

Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:25 pm
Stablehand

*he looks at her taking the apple and feeding it to his horse*

I think the beasts need the rest as well, you can rest Mi Lady. There is not much of a story to tell about me really. And actually I could use some resst myself but that can wait while you rest. The kid will probably be as wild as his Dad.

*he looks at her* I am glad we are on the right trail I was worried about it . Knowing wolf he is probably looking for you and or Losa. That animal is as strange as he can be at times.

Wolf is smart enough to avoid danger thoush he is mischievous at times.

I have nothing interesting to tell Mi Lady

I am but a simple man who is a mercenray for hire in some ways though I would never betray Losa. Your husband saved my life that is why as long as he wants me in his service I will oblige. That is also why you are safe with me, my loyalty to your husband is such that I would even lay down my life for you if the need arose.

Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:38 pm
Stablehand

*he lays there where he was put and groans from the pain* *he tries to move but feels the pain coarse through him* *where he was he had no clue* *he reaches for Kiara but she is not there*

*he definitely did not know where he would be now* *last he remembered was the war and Merill coming to his aid* *he calls out a a hoarse weak voice* Kiara

*with that he feels his head start to spin and he falls back* *his sleep is still not restful he could not find her even in his dreams* *he knew she was nowhere there with him* *had he been taken prsioner in the war* *was this a ploy to get to Kiara*

Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:23 am
Stablehand

Balder rose and hastily slung a cloak over his shoulders against the early morning chill. His conference with his father had lasted until just a few hours before. Balder had barely tugged off his boots and climbed into the bed when Esras burst in with the announcement. Snatching a crust of bread and a partial horn of warm ale, Balder strode from his chamber, down the stone steps and across the yard of the keep to the infirmary.

Losa stirred fitfully on th goose down bed, sweat beading his forehead.

The healer says he is lucky to live. The infection would have taken him had you not tended his wounds so carefully.

Thank you Esras. I will see to him now. Go home to your wife and eat and rest.

He gazed down at the restless man.

Losa, my friend, you have given me quite a scare. The worst is over now. I suppose your bride will be searching the battlefield and beyond for you. I'll send out my scouts. They'll find her and leave enough of a trail for her to follow. They'll guard her journey as well.

Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:37 am
Stablehand

My husband seems to be very skilled in saving peoples lives, he saved mine in more ways than any of you will ever know

She was not going to cry. No matter how much the tears in her eyes threatened to spill over she would not allow a single one to fall, there was no room for such fragileness. Now was not the time for weakness, it was bad enough she was fighting off the waves of nausea that had been with her all day, she wasnt adding weeping to the list.
Head back eyes closed to kept listening to the world, insects flew about or crawled over the earth, birds chirped, children laughed, mothers scolded, fathers went off hunting, still she could not hear her husband.
She refused to believe he was dead, her heart still beat telling her he lived, the babe in her swollen belly moved about kicking now and again.
Arms wrapped around her middle protectively she leaned her head back against the tree, when she felt the familiar twinge her eyes went wide and she lept to her feet. He was hurt, maybe even sick, she couldnt feel enough to be certain, but she had felt him.

Hes closer than we think. Move now.

Sitting atop her horse she wasted no time in waiting for Starfire, he would catch up to her. She tore off down the path they had been following.

I'm on my way angel.

Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:41 pm
Stablehand

*he moves quickly to his horse and mounts* *riding to catch up with her which does not take long since he did not lag behind catching up to her side*

What is it mi lady, is it another clue or something.The terrain is looking familiar to me but I do not know why. I believe I traveled here before with Losa but I am not sure why

*he racks his mind trying to remember why they had gone this way hadn;t they taken shelter in a place a little ways away he looks to Kiara wanting to say something but knowing he does not remember all of it he does not want to get her hopes up*

*so he just keeps his mouth shut until she speaks* *a familiar howl well familiar to at least Starfire and Kiaras ears can be heard close by as some riders come up the side with wolf with them* *Starfire laughs slightly*

Looks like wolf decided to bring reinforcements just in case

Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:50 pm
Stablehand

They were not far out of the marshes when he spotted the tiny specks on the horizon, growing quickly and materializing into two riders. They were pushing their horses hard, white foam flecked the animals heaving sides.

The Woman is with child! The Gods burn Lord Balder's bones, I'll not shadow them. This country be too harsh for them what doesn't know it. Altus, you and I will ride to them. We'll raise less alarm as a pair. No need puttin' em ill at ease. Sling that arbelest boy and let's ride.

Diarmuid tapped his horses flanks lightly and led them down the track toward the approaching riders. When they were within view, he reigned his horse.

Hail Lady Kiara. I bring you good tidings of Lord Losa, My Lady. He is safe, well and cared for by My Lord, Balder of Caer Cu Roi. He rests in our keep, My Lord watching over him like an old mother hen. I'[ve been sent to guide you to his side. He'll fare much the better with his wife by his side. The track is treacherous ahead and your horses worn. By your leave, My Lady, I'll call the other riders in and we'll camp for the night outside the fens where my scouts can maintain a proper perimeter. Ill doings afoot in the marshes these days and I'd not risk your necks this night if it can be helped.

Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:25 am
Stablehand

The news is good to hear but I am sure mi lady would like to see her husband as soon as it is possible. She has been riding almost non stop as have i and a rest would be welcomed. I am sure she would rather teh rest after seeing her husband, we are a bit far from home. I wonder why he would be brought here instead of to his own keep.

*he looks as wolf runs to his side and a soldier comes closer*

Starfire is there need of our services?

No Sir there are not go back to the barracks and rest, it was a hard fought war. but your horse is fresher than mine, make camp alone the way and take mine with you.

Yes Sir, is there any word of the Lord Losa? *the man nods*

Yes we have recieved word taht he is ok, take that back to the others and be on your way

*he dismounts and switches horses* *looking to Kiara*

Mi Lady would you like a fresher horse from one of the men?

Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:22 pm
Stablehand

Tiny fingers wrapped around the hilt of a dagger hidden beneath the soft folds of fabric that made up the simple peasent dress she wore. Slowly without attracting to herself she pulled the dagger from its bonds ready to put the blade to use until she heard her name called and the words spoken after.
At first she eyed the men, untrusting daring not to believe anything until she saw her husband with her own eyes. When she saw wolf and only when she him did she put the dagger back in its place and she slipped from her steed unable to now trust herself to speak without bursting into tears.
Paying no mind to anyone around her she went to the wolf bent to her knees, wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in the familiar comforting fur.
Only then did she allow her shoulders to slump, only then did she let the tears flow freely.
Her shoulders shook as she sobbed into Wolfs side. Relief washed over her in great waves. Whoever this Lord Balder was, whoever these men were she owed them all much more than they would ever know. Her debt to them all could never possibly be repaid.
Untangling her arms from Wolf she look up at the men while wiping the wetness from her cheeks.

There is no need to make camp, not yet at least, I am far from tired and my son is restless so I would not rest well anyway. I cannot thank you or your lord enough. I am forever in your debt.

It was all she could think to say.

Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:33 pm
Stablehand

*wolf buries his face against hers and licks her tears before she moves from him* *he goes right by Kiara's side not leaving it*

*the other men disperse headinf back to the barracks * *he looks at her with a cocked head*

*he looks to the men* You heard the lady lead on I agree with her. We should do the trip tonight if at all possible. I know Mi Lady will rest better once she is with her husband.I will be able to rest well myself once I see that my friend and Lord Losa is well.

*he stays mounted knowing if not them wolf will lead them* *he wonders what shape losa will be in when they see him* *he looks to Kiara and nods to let her know he is with her on any decision she makes*

Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:13 pm
Stablehand

Diarmuid studied the pair before him and glanced at the wolf. He removed his helm, and tugged absently at his beard.

We'll be traveling through the fens. The going is slow and there are many ambush points . I can put outriders on our flanks for part of the way, but as we near the the great bend, the trail becomes narrow with deep black water on either side. We'll be most vulnerable there. I'll send Altus ahead with three of my best trackers. Maybe they can roust out anything hiding in wait. At the very least they can ride back with a warning. If we press on through the night, we might make the bend by sunrise.

He whistled shrilly, and instantly, Well armed men emerged from what seemed like the very landscape. He grunted terse orders to his sergeants and sent Altus and his party thundering ahead with instructions to clear the road and to hold the far edge of the bend.

Well, My Lady and Lord, we might as well be off. Keep within sight of the rider in front of you at all times. The half trolls like nothin better than grabbin a lone traveler or unwary member of a troop. Lady Kiara, Lord Balder will have my head if we press so hard as to harm yer Bairn. I'll be callin a halt once we've safely passed the bend and ye must rest. Ye'll be no good to yer husband laid up and ill yerself.

Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:03 am
Stablehand

How far is it actually to where you have Losa? I am sure mi Lady Kiara would rest more comfortably by her husbands side. Would there be such a way to speed things up? i do not see her resting comfortable in any way til she sees for herself that he is ok.

I know that these areas are dangerous, i have traveled through before.

*he watches in amusement as wolf pads by Kiara's side* *the wolf seems not too concentrated on anything besides following Kiara*

*he rides to the side of kiara that wolf is not on*

If you do not wish till you are with Losa I will rise with. I will do whatever you wish for us to do

Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:13 am
Stablehand

Looking around her, she could feel the arcane energies in the air, someone other than herself had the gift flowing in their veins, realizing this gave her an idea that would bring them all closer to their destination and she would be with her husband.

How far off are we exactly? Tell me would know of any wards of the art that may be set this far? Its possible that we can arrive at your Lords keep sooner than expected and without having to travel difficult terrains.

Her mind working she reached down to pat wolfs head. Having her pet with her eased her troubled mind and the tension that had built through her being. She whispered to the beast like she had so many times before.

What do you think my pet? Think me strong enough?

Sitting up again she addressed Starfire.

Losa will be more than pleased to know how you have stood by me Starfire, he's a very lucky man to have such loyal friends. If its possible I would like to try and use the arcane to bring us to Lord Balder.
It all depends on the wards used, if any.
I am not comfortable here Starfire, something does not seem... right

Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:55 am
Stablehand

*he looks to Kiara and bows his head silently* *he looks to her and to wolf* *his voice soft batrely audible*

If you know how to harness the enrgies from another you are more than welcome to harness from me, I am not sure of the spell you are thinking but you are free to use my energies as well they are strong. I do not use them . I prefer being a warrior

*he looks to her and then jsut waits for her response feeling a bit uneasy himself*

*he looks around not liking this place anymore than she does* *one hand stays on the hilt of his sword the other rests on his horse**he pats the horse gently to calm him*

*wolf looks up at kiara with total adoration and licks her face*

Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:35 pm
Stablehand

*he lays there and goes to move and again he can not* *he opens his eyes for a moment and notices balder but no Kiara* *he musters what stregth her can and looks out the door area and calls out* Kiara

*after saying that he slumps back on to the bed* *his dream again is Kiara being out of reach*

*he lays there still not sure what is going on and he starts coughing* *he needed to see Kiara and know she was ok* *his arms stayed as if reaching for her*

*in his dreams he could not reach her* *he calls out to her from his sleep a few times*

Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:56 pm
Stablehand

A hand shot in the air demanding silence and her head tilted to the side as if listening to something no other could hear save herself.
Emerald eyes narrowed, ears strained to listen harder and she turned to Starfire after a few moments breaking the silence.

To hell with their wards and whatever else they may have protecting their realms. Wards are meant to keep out the enemy and we are certainly not the enemy.
I have heard him, my name has been carried on the winds and I will not make him wait any longer.

Grabbing Starfire by the hand she chanted a few simple words, the air around them cracked with arcane energy and in a blinding flash the two were gone, vanished and taken on the wings of magic to where Losa had called to her from.

She had no ideal what to expect at their sudden arrival, and truth be told she didnt care. Her only concern was Losa.

Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:20 pm
Stablehand

*heis laying there in a fitful sleep his arms open enough for one to slip into if they want* *he seems very unsettled then in his sleep he mumbles spitfire*

*after tehy arrived he lays there still in a fitful sleep* *he starts to settle down he feels her near* *in his sleep he whispers her name again* *after he says her name again he relaxes his sleep sound*

*his body covered up the healer having done all that he could* *his body sees to shift in the direction that she is* *his eyes do not open though*

*he knew she was near just by the way his body reacted8

Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:57 pm
Stablehand

*stands there and looks at Losa* *his eyes turn from him and look to Kiara* Mi lady I will not be far, I am just going to go and rest. If you need me just call me. I feel that this time is yours with Losa.

*he turns to the man and nods*Mi Lord Balder thank you for the help you gave to him. I will say it is most apprecciated by al involved i am sure

*he nods his head to both as he goes find a quiet corner to sleep*

*wolf goes from his and kiars side to losa and rests his head on losa's leg* *wolf whimpers a bit*

Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:45 am
Stablehand

He startled at the words spoken. Had he fallen asleep?Blood of the Gods how could he have been so careless!!! How had they passed his sentries unseen? Who....Then it all became clear. These were the two he had sent Diarmuid to shadow.

HE rose lazily and stretched. Then bowed to the Lady.

I am at your service Lady Kiara. And you, good Lord Starfire, your thanks is entirely unnecessary. Losa is just too stubborn to die. Make yourselves comfortable. You, My Lady, this chair is reserved for you.

HE gestured to the place he had so recently occupied.

Lord Starfire, perhaps you'd be more comfortable in Manor. I will have a room prepared for you. I do believe we're in the way here. Besides, your loyalty to Lord Losa deserves great rewards, and I could use a bit of rewarding myself. If you'll accompany me, I do believe you'll find the accomodations most hospitable and the company I drum up, ever willing.

Balders booming laugh filled the room as he opened the door.

Time is wasting , My Lord. My courtesans are ever warm, but the food at the table is not...make haste...

Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:30 am
Stablehand

*he shakes his head* No Sir, I will not leave them. Not unless the lady says it is ok. I can just go over into a corner. But if you would not mind sending some food I am sure the lady could use some nourishment.

*he looks around and then looks to Kiara and then to where Losa lays*

Yes Losa is as stubborn as can be. This is not the first time he has been hurt in battle.You also have to consider he has more to live for this time. Lady Kiara and his child makes him even more stubborn to live

Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:00 am
Stablehand

Wide eyed she stared at the man who had yet to tell her his name.She knew without needing to be told that he was Lord Balder and while he claimed no thanks were needed she knew she owed him a debt of gratitude she would never be able to repay.
A soft smile spread upon her face at his jolly easy going nature.His laid back almost free spirited manner was refreshing. Very different from what she was used to.
Thanking him in a whisper for the chair offered she sat down awkwardly. Her belly sticking out in front of her she felt the slight blush rise to her cheeks thinking she must look absurd.
Taking a moment to get comfortable she looked to Starfire and smiled again.

Go on Starfire. Lord Balder is right you are quite deserving of a reward and while what he has in mind is not the same thing I had in mind for you, you should go rest, relax, do whatever it is you wish. I thank you both from my very soul. I do not know if I would have been able to do this alone.

Brushing a strand of loose hair behind her ear she settled back as best she could while wave after wave of relief washed over her. She would wait to cry until she was alone and watching over her husband as he slept.

Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:47 pm
Stablehand

*he stands and watches Kiara* I will take my leave only because you gave permission. Is there anything that I can get for you? I canbring you back some food and anything else that you need mi lady. Either that or i can send someone out with food. I am glad thy husband is well

*he hangs his head, shaking his head he was not going to think of her again* *he could not eb consumed by her again, at least not yet* *he knew he would have to go looking for her again but he was not going jsut yet but he also would not give up on finding her*

*he hoped against hope maybe they would be able to ahve a grand reunion and a pleasant one**she had captured his heart so long ago* *wiht a sigh and thought of her she followed out to the main house and to the treats taht lay in store*

Thu Nov 07, 2002 11:02 pm