It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Apprentice Folly Inn (SAO-Open) II 
Peasant

A small chuckle slipped passed her lips while she drew her legs up to rest her chin on her knees.

Do not think that my brother and I escaped our adventure unscathed Rowan. If I remember correctly our father made quite sure Gabriel would never allow himself to be talked into anything by me again and as for me... well let me just say I can describe for you every inch of the Archmages kitchens. It could have been worse I suppose I mean they could have....

The rest of the words would not come. A chill ran down her spine causing a shudder to flow through her entire being. Someone had come into the Inn. Someone whose memory was forcing its way from the farthest corner of her mind. Wide eyed she looked to Rowan and rose from the bed wondering if she were merely imagining what she had felt, the familiar twinge that was always felt when one of her kind were near.
If she wasnt imaging it all then what could possibly have brought her there?
Grabbing her robes she slipped them on over her head not bothering to strip the sleeping gown from her body. She had to get downstairs and see for herself.
Looking to Rowan she offered an apologetic explaination for what had to be in his eyes, her odd behavior.

I'm sorry Rowan, something has come up that I must look into. We can have our talk later in the day or tomorrow night but now is not a good time. Do forgive me my friend I do not mean to be rude but this is important

Saying no more she slipped from the room and all but ran down the stairs to the common room below where her violet eyes scanned the near empty room.

Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:33 pm
Stablehand

The Dark Lady scanned the room impassively as she pushed back the hood of her robe. No familiar faces, but that was not a suprise. It seemed that most of her former peers had dispersed themselves far and wide. That mattered little at this point.

Morrigan walked about the room. There was a familiar touch to these surroundings. They reminded her of inns that existed now only in memory. She sighed. Bittersweet memories to be precise--of times when some of the most powerful women in all the lands assembled in one place to plot strategy and to commemmorate the joys and vicissitudes of life and death.

Hearing rapid footsteps descending the stairs, Morrigan turned. Her heart lept in joy and apphrehension. She curtsied deeply to the woman who stood at the foot of the stairs.

My lady...

SAO

Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:43 pm
Stablehand

I hate it when she does that. Something catches her attention and she's gone. Something about this time though has made me follow her. Maybe it was the way her eyes went wide in alarm. Or the way she ran from the room like the devil himself were after her.

I nearly collided with her coming down the stairs. I hadn't expected her to be standing there at the bottom and I wasn't given much of a chance to ask why. The reason became all to clear in the form of a woman bowing before her. A darkness surrounded this stranger that left me unsettled and my hand went to the sword kept at my side. Right now my lady did not seem in danger but I was not going to take any chances. Should this stranger make one wrong move towards my mage she would meet her death. All I can do now is wait with my breath caught in my throat hoping what plays out does not lead to bloodshed.

Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:39 am
Stablehand

He sat near the willow watching the door as it closed behind the woman. He had seen her before, in another time, in another place maybe. He had put most of the pieces together again. He could feel the emotions swiming through her body. Anger, sadness, lonelyness all mixed into one. But one emotion stood alone..Hatred..

He sat there like the coward he was. Conceiled by the night and the chill wind. He sat there with his heart in his hands, watching it break like hers did everyday. He knew he could not face her now. She could not see him in this state of mind and body. Mind shattered into a thousand pieces. Memories there and not there. His body as frail as the weakest tree limb. No, she could not put her through this anymore...

He picked up a small handful of sand and blew it in the wind. Like sand we are tossed around in this world. Picked up from one sand pit only to land in another.

The runes covering his body glowed once more. The majik almost gone. Guidion was unable to reguvinate himself. Not even to stand himself up. So he sat there under the willow tree. Feeling the emotions inside the inn...

Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:56 am
Peasant

Memories came fast and furious bombarding every secret corner of her mind. So many memories, some brought great joy and others brought great sadness. The memory of the lady now bowing before her brought with it emotions she hadnt felt since the old world. Joy and a sense of familiar belonging filled her save for the one part of her that was always void. The part of her that belonged to and would always belong to Guidion remained just as empty as her bed each night she was without him.
Shaking her head she brought herself back from where her mind was wandering and turned swiftly slapping Rowans hand and scowling at him before she addressed the dark lady.

Dont you dare Rowan Boramere. I am in no danger here.

She then turned her attentions to the lady, without hestating she went to the woman and embraced her gently, the gesture was short lived, Oriana did not want to make a scene but felt that actions along with words would convey her joy and surprise at seeing the lady better than merely stating such.
Stepping back she bowed herself, her tone ringing with respect.

Morrigan it does me good to see you. Come sit and share some tea with me. It's been too long my old friend. I have missed you.
Pay no mind to Rowan, he is a bit on the protective side. I can promise you he will not mistake you for a mere stranger again

Seeing the dark lady again did do her heart good but at the same time her mind could not stop thinking of things long past. Talanthys, Tullis.... the beginnings of her life with Guidion. Times that she longed for once more. Would she possess such happiness again?
No, it was best not to think of those times just then, she needed to concentrate on her life now, and she was looking forward to becoming reacquainted with her past in order to make it part of her present and maybe her future.

Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:58 pm
Stablehand

The wind started to pick up some. One of the shutters on the inn windows made a loud bang as it slammed itself open. From where he was sitting he could see inside the inn. He pulled his cloak a little tighter around himself and stared into the window.

There he saw her for the first time in a long time. She sat talking to the woman that had entered earlier. Playing with her hair, feigning conversation it seemed. From the look in her face she was thinking deeper thoughts. He wondered if she thought of him at all like he thought of her. With everybeat of his heart her the image of her memory became clearer in his mind.

Without thinking his thoughts touched hers. He touched her mind with his. Breaking through the locks she had protecting her mind one by one. Unveiling memory after memory. The shattered pieces of his own mind starting to come together. Deeper and deeper he searched. Then the link was broken abruptly. As if cut with a knife.

A tear ran down his cheek as he saw the images of her memory rush through his mind. Seeing the pain he had caused her was too much to bear for one person alone. His head fell to his hands as he wept for her. Wept for himself. Wept for all the time he had not been there for her when she needed him.

His eyes were still closed when the runes began to touch one another. Once again forming what was once a whole matrix. Slowly they collided with one another forming circles and lines of a long forgotten language. With his head still in his hands he realized that he was no longer sitting but standing on his own two feet. His hands fell to his side as he heard the scraping of his sword against the dirt floor. The expression on his face was priceless as he saw what was happening.

He looked back into the window of the inn and saw that it was because of her that this had happened to him. She, not the children was the missing link in his life. It was her and not the past that was important. And it took this long for him to figure it out. Anger at himself flared inside of him. But it was quenched once more when he remembered her face.

He walked towards the in door and put his hand on the knob. As he turned the lever to open the door, the aura surrounding him faded. No more was he hiding in the darkness..

Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:11 pm
Peasant

It started slowly, like a gentle prodding, the soft invasion of her mind sent a chill down her spine. At first she thought she were losing her mind and tried to keep up conversation with Morrigan but her senses and the familiar prying demanded her attention, refusing to be denied. Warmth spread through her being and for one brief moment she swore she could feel that which she craved most in the world.
Slowly she turned towards the door of the Inn while pooling her gifts of the arcane drawing every ounce of the art to her that she possessed. Closing her eyes, her blood now singing she did nothing more than listen.
She listened until she felt the invisible tie slowly receed and her eyes flew open.
From the corner of her eye she could see Rowan coming towards her and she lifted a hand to still him never taking her sights off the closed door.

It has to be real, I cannot be losing my mind, not again, it feels to real.

Saying nothing more she went to the door, set her hand on the knob and jerked the solid wood open.
One barely audible word fell from her lips before she was surrounded by darkness.

Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:43 pm
Stablehand

I can't really say that I understand just what's going on with Oriana. I just know that if looks could kill she would have buried me six feet under before.
I should have known who that stranger was though. Everything that she's told me of her old world should have at least given away that she knew the lady. Oh well. I'm not too worried about it really. I am worried about what's coming next though. I don't think it's going to be pretty.

I caught her before she hit the floor. Damn if she wasn't all soft and smelling like a bouquet of lavender in full bloom. I kept my eye on her the entire time she went off to a table yanno. It unnerved me the way she had looked at one point, like she was caught in some trance. When she moved my eyes moved with her. When she went to the door I knew someone or something was there, coming for her. Whatever it was, I was not about to let her go at it alone.
She saw me move towards her and when she raised her hand I stopped right where my foot had fallen. It became clear to me she knew what was on the other side of the door which did little to settle my nerves.
When she flung that door open the way the color drained from her face was all I needed. Thank the gods I got to her in time or else her head would have bounced off the floor.
Cradling her I lifted my head to see what it was that had such an affect on her. What or rather who I saw made my blood boil.
I didn't need to be told who he was. All I could do was stand there holding her to me like some prized possession that was never mine to claim from the start.

Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:03 pm
Stablehand

The door opened before he had a chance to push it open. The sudden movement did not surprise him but he let go of the handle none the less. The warmth of the fire brushed against his face as he saw the woman in front of him fall from her standing position with his name on her lips. Before she hit the floor, there was a pair of hands holding her limp form.

A smile crept from his face. Part from seeing her and part to the way he made her faint at the sight of a ghost.

She would never come to harm as long as I am near, friend

Her limp form rose from its horizontal position into Guidion's arms. He took one last look around the inn to make sure there were none here who would cause any disturbance. And one last look at the man on his knees.

With a thought and a glint of his eye both of them were transported to their chamber. There he layed her on the bed and sat next to her. Stroking her hair, waiting for the moment she would regain her wits and unleash her fury at him..

Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:19 pm
Stablehand

Noi opened the door to the inn and rushed through the door. On his way to the bar he tripped over a log or something. On a second glance he saw that there was a man laying on the floor...

Damn drunks..Hey buddy take it outside will ya..

Looking back to the direction he was going he saw a woman sitting at a table. She seemed familiar in some way, but he was in too much of a hurry to pay any attention to her.

As he reached the bar he looked around for a bartender but saw none, so he jumped over the bar and poured his own drink. He reached under the bar and pulled out a flask that was pinned to the bottom of the bar. Te top was off and he was chuging the liquid inside. Once he was done he looked at the man on the floor getting up and eyeing him. He seemed to be upset a bit about something..

Ahh don't worry mate, if it's money I got plenty, if it's women, well I can get plenty of those too. Wine wnd food for now though, I have had a long journey. Why don't you go fix me a plate of a little something to eat..

Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:42 pm
Stablehand

Thread is looking pretty full, guys and gals. Go ahead and make a new one.

Oh, oops, you have. Wondrous!

*Gets out a signet ring and pulls over a lit candle*

*Seals!*

Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:08 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3