It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:35 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Apprentice Folly Inn (SAO-Open) II 
Stablehand

*he laughs wholeheartedly at her response to that he could go acting like that* I jusst do not want to disappoint you with my reaction spitfire
*he thinks of the other stuff that she said and thinks on it for a few moments* *he then pulls her close and kisses near her ear* Mi love maybe it was not an illusion. There are many smells here that are new and that could mean he has returned. I know he was believed to be dead but what if something happened and a mitake about who died was made.

As for me behaving my love i will behave as long as I am not given any reasons to make me want to do otherwise

*his hands rubbed her back and sides and then stomach* *he leans and kisses her and then her neck* Love you feeling ok?

*his hands run up and down her sides his eyes filled with concern*

Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:34 pm
Stablehand

"How rude of me, Lady Kiara. Let me intoduce myself."

"I am Lord Profit, leader of The Black Hand. The elite of the elite band of mercenaries, hailing from the land of A'zer. Where I was named a Merchant Prince of A'zer. Our travels have been long but our victories have been countless. We have traveled across the Red Waste to pledge our support for the Lady Oriana. Eventhough see is powefull and her need is little, her cause is worthy. It will be an honor serving her."

Midway through Profit noticed a man take a sit next to Kiara. Either this was a very freindly stranger or her husband.

"Greetings, Losa was it? It is a honor meeting you. I was just talking to your lovely wife. What a lucky man you are sir. If this was A'zer, my lord I would gladly trade the Jewels of A'zora for her, but of course I understand in your lands it does not work that way. So here let me buy you a drink."

Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:40 am
Peasant

She sat in stunned silence for the briefest of moments taking in all that had been said to her finding herself a little leary of the epiphany the one named Taelthar seemed to have of her being one of the so called three.
It was not uncommon for people to confide in her, she attributed such actions to her soothing nature and her ways with silence so when he began telling his tale she thought nothing of it until he spoke of prophecies and mentioned she may be involved.
Taking a few moments for herself she didnt move when he took his leave and crossed the room to the bar. Even when he blatantly spilled the drink of another patron and tried to make it look like an accident she stayed in her seat doing nothing more than observing.
There was more to the man than he had revealed, she couldnt help but think there was some truth to his words but she would not allow to herself to delve into the mystery and further until she had more time to speak with him.
And more time is exactly what she would get.
Of course there was the matter of Kiara and what she had seen that needed to be tended to.
Oriana knew all that had transpired in the room above them, and it nearly broke her heart learning that Gabriel as much as he had wanted to stay had been called away again this time not by death but for matters of greater importance than his own happiness.
Her wish for her brother and her elven friend were that one day they would have the chance to live the life they had always dreamed but at that moment she did not see such a life in their future.
Shaking her head to clear her thoughts she rose from her seat and moved across the hardwood floor the hem of her robes rustling against the wood.

Her head bent as she stood by the bar she lifted her head to look at Kiara.

Your eyes were not playing tricks on you old friend, you did see my brother and he did indeed take his leave once more. I do not know when he will return but he is indeed flesh and blood. Do not let it trouble you any longer

Moving then to stand beside Taelthar she leaned to whisper words meant only for his ears.

You cannot think to leave me sitting there wondering what in the bloody hell your talking about without giving me more information to work with my lord.
If you are in danger I will of course offer whatever help I can to see to your safety but I must know what it is I am getting myself into

Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:46 am
Stablehand

*he grins hearing the name and the words of this fellow*

Yes the name is Losa. My wife is very lovely and nice to talk to I happen to enjoy that a lot. Even if this was A'zer your jewels would not be accepted in exchange for her. There is no treasure that would be worth giving up Kiara for. There is no jewel that can take the love that we have, no jewel or treasure is worth giving up such a woman for. Kiara is my heart and my soul, tell me is there a price you can put on a mans heart and soul to be sold. A drink it shall be sir but I will treat you to one since you are new ere to show some hospitality.

I am the luckiest of man because of Kiara, and I know this and there is not anything that could take either of us from the others heart even death. This fellowship is one that I am proud to serve under I am sure that you will feel the same, there are some that would die for another without a thought about it, that is the loyalty here. I put my life in the hands of the order of the lord and the lady for the advancement of Isonia.

So how long of a travel was it from there to here?

*her grins at his wife and leans over and kisses her softly*

So my love are you going to tell me what troubles you more than waht you said?

Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:00 pm
Stablehand

Taelthar stood from his stool, allowing the wry grin to fall from his face as he turned to face Oriana. It was not surprising that she react like this. Most would when faced with such an "epiphany".

My Lady, I cannot but hope that you can come in time to understand my quest. True, it is one that is, for the most part, entirely selfish and self-serving, yet I believe the prophecy from which it was foretold must be fulfilled.

Taelthar pulled the cowl of his cloak forward over his head, casting a deep shadow over his face.

Indeed I know as little of this quest as you, other than what I have told you, the prophecy is cloudy and hard to read at best. I believe the LeafBlighter may have a part to play in this story before long, but I do not know. There are those who would wish that this quest would never take place, and would seek to dissuade you. Please tell only those you would trust with your life. I have already taken too many risks here.

I must go, for within this city lays a source of power that it is imperitive I possess if this mission is to be success. However I must go alone. This I know. For now, ponder on what I have said, and prepare yourself, as I know that you will travel with me upon my return. For now, I must take my leave. I shall return when I must.

Taelthar bent over, his tall frame was far less easily recognised when stooped over. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a number of coins, easily enought for the bill and more leaving them by the bar.
Reaching out to Oriana, he allowed the outsides of his fingers to touch her cheek. The shock of touching a person imbued with the power of magic flowed through him, and he pulled his hand back from her face.

Turning away, he walked out the door into the chill night air, and slipped away into the darkness.

Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:50 am
Stablehand

Feeling suddenly parched, Profit ordered a cold Dirish ale. The cooled liquid smoothly calmed his sudden thirst. Turning quickly to the couple, Profit quietly dismissed himself.

"With great sorrow, for I have greatly enjoyed both of your company, I must withdraw myself, for I see an old friend whom I have kept waiting long enough. Lady Kiara, Lord Losa. I will enjoy working together with both of you."

Ordering two more ales, Profit calmly made his way, to a table in the back of the common room. The man at the table looked like a local peasant. He looked so much like a normal peasant, that he had to be someone else. The leather lace sandels, where to good of a quality to belong to a serf. The mans dirty lines, where dirty but they were thick and strong, a quality of more like a merchant.

Yes this stranger fit his sterotype to perfectly. One look at his face, Profit had known who it was, but he had kept quiet until now. Octavio had suprised Profit countless of times. Octavio had even gone so far as to impersonate a a whore in the Catkat Bordello, what a shock that had been. This was a game both played and enjoyed. But Profit had seen him since he first entered the room, and now was time to pull the rug out from under him.

"Greetings Octavio, what new have you from your little network of birds?..... Any new from home?........ How much profit did we earn on the shipment of Kersian Rugs? Come on man, I need to hear numbers, good numbers."

Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:35 pm
Peasant

The world was going crazy and apparently it was trying to take her with it along for the journey. A journey she had taken once before and was not that interested in taking again. So she told the world exactly what it could do with itself and she regained her place at the table by the fire to try and find some sense of rhyme or reason in the events that had unfolded in a single night.
First there was the sudden and eerie appearance then dissapearance of her brother thought to be long dead.
Then there was the stranger Taelthar who had come into her world speaking of prophecies and leaving as fast as he had come.
Why was it there was never a moment where it didnt seem everything and everyone around her was coming undone in some way or another?
Maybe she was cursed.
She had to laugh at herself for thinking such a thing, of course she was after all look at who her father was. Anyone related to that man had to be cursed.
Her hand went around the teacup still set atop the table while she looked about the room noticing the way the estalishment had been tended to and thought back to days long ago when a half brownie assassin had welcomed her like a sister into a world so foreign to her. A world that had in a short time become home, where she had fallen in love for the first time, where she had married that same love and bore his daughter.
A world that was now long gone and lost to her, to them all.
Realizing that her own thoughts were making no sense the way they shifted from one thing another she brought her attentions back to the present, her eyes settled on her firey haired friend and a small smile came to her lips.
It warmed her heart to know that the world, no matter how different it was from the one she longed for, still went on, that people still fell in love and lived their lives.
She noticed the small wince on Kiaras face, and knew right away what was happening no matter how oblivious any one else might have been to it.
That one small expression spoke volumes.
Leaving her seat again she went to the couple and placed a hand on Kiaras back while leaning down to whisper something only the assassin could hear.
One nod of the womans head was all she needed to help the woman to her feet.
Not giving Losa the chance to ask any questions Oriana whispered to him quietly.

I hope you have a name chosen for the babe that you and your wife agree on, you'll be needing it come the morning

With that being said she ushered the woman up the stairs to the rooms above.

Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:32 am
Stablehand

*he sits frozen for a moment at the womans words and then follows them up to the room where he sits by Kiara* *he grins slightly as he puts his hand in hers and kisses her hand* Mi love I am here for whatever you need from me. I am sure your friend here knows more about this than I do but I will do what I can to help. But we can not let the Lil one come into this world without a name. So what do you think the son of a spitfire and an angel of the spitfires should be called?

*his eyes gleam and it seems he glows, in reality all it is his the happiness he feels showing through* *he kisses her gently* I love you spitfire

*he grins at her still as he takes each hand and kisses each finger and looks to her* *his eyes dance and then they finally calm down a bit as he stays close to her*

Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:42 am
Stablehand

Grateful for having Oriana there with her to see her through what was to happen Kiara at the moment was at the moment feeling very little pain but she knew as time went on that would change and thats when she knew she would need not only her husband at her side but her friend as well.
Laying in bed propped up in a sitting position by fluffy pillows she slid her hand into Losas, her face lit up as she smiled thinking about the morning and how they would soon be meeting their son.
With her free hand she reached over and brushed back a lock of blonde hair that had fallen into her husbands eyes, the gesture was simple but one that reflected the love and joy she was feeling just then. One look into her emerald eyes and anyone could see exactly what she was thinking and feeling.
She held her tounge for a moment thinking of a name that would be sutiable for their child and her eyes sparkled when she realized exactly what he should be called.

There can be no name more suitable for our little one than Aidan. Aidan Conner Shadow. Aidan meaning little fire and Conner with an e meaning wise aid and wolf lover. Tell me angel what do you think of that?
Is it not suitable?

Had she done anything more than grip the sheet as the pain hit one would have known that she was now beginning to feel the onslaught of her labor but rather than worry her husband over anything she simply smiled while beneath the blanket that was covering her her knuckles turned white and her mind began to send its silent plea to Isonia to see her through the birthing of her son without turning into one of those crazed women screaming at the top of her lungs.

Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:58 am
Stablehand

*he smiled watching her sitting beside her and kissing her forehead softly* *when she moved the hair from his eyes he smiled, how many times had she done that for him*

*he thinks on the name and he smiles and leans and kisses her*

I would have to say that is perfect considering who his parents are

*he grins and winks at her then moves in and whispers in her ear*

I love you spitfire, When the pains come you can forget about continug t o put on an act. I am here for you whatever you need whenever you need it my love

*he pulled away softly kissing her* *one hand still holding hers and the other running a soothing touch over her*

Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:43 pm
Stablehand

What I need from you angel is no arguements, no pouty faces and no "buts" when I tell you that I want you to leave me to myself for just a little while. Oriana says theres still quite some time before he's here and I just need some time for me to get myself ready for all of this.

She kissed his hand and smiled softly.

Shes going to give me something to help me sleep through most of this so I wouldnt make very good company anyway. Dont worry love you wont miss anything I promise.

Squeezing his hand gently she couldnt help but worry that he wouldnt understand her request to be left alone for awhile. She needed to think for a bit, needed time to collect her thoughts and let the realization sink in that this was for real, she was bringing her son into the world and it would no longer be just her and Losa, they would have a tiny being they were responsible for, they would need to see to all his needs and keep him protected. And given her position within in the Elite, given her entire way of life, the thought of being a mother terrified her.
Well it was too late to do anything about that but she could mull over what her options were until it was time for him to be born.
She knew many women who were mothers and still continued their ways of life, of course they had the same fears she did, that was normal wasnt it?
Leaning over she kissed her husbands cheek while thought after thought rolled through her mind.
She would not let him see her doubt, she was not going to ruin the moment that was as much his as it was hers.

Go on angel, get something to eat . get some rest, find something to pass the time, I'll be alright

Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:20 am
Stablehand

*he smiles and kisses her softly* I love you Kiara and if you need someitme it is yours, I just do not want to miss anything love. I want to be here from when she gives you the stuff to make you sleep to when he is born to when you wake and we both can hold our child.

*he knew they both had thier worries but he was not going to go too far* *he wanted to be there for all that would happen* *excitement was the ruler of his eyes and emotions but he felt the same worries that any man would feel* *would he make a good father, would he learn to be a better man* *how would the things he has done come back to his child*

*he looked at Kiara and winks* I love you Kiara and I am not going far will be just out in the hall a bit. I can not go far right now, No matter if you are awake or asleep I want to be here through the stuff for you. I want to be with you when she gives you that straight through to when you wake up. I know we both have things to think about but please give me this Kiara I do not want to miss anything

Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:54 am
Peasant

Fussing over her firey haired friend had given Oriana the chance to forget her own worries and troubles for a time, her thoughts turned from near mourning over not knowing what had become of her Guidion to the joys that a new life in the world brought.
She wanted her friend as comfortable and as relaxed as possible, her own children had been brought into the world under less than pleasent circumstances, she wasnt about to let the same thing happen to someone she cared so much about.
The draft didnt take long to brew and before she knew it she was handing a mug full of the scentless liquid to the expectant mother ordering her to drink and then sleep.
Giving both Kiara and Losa a soft smile she left the room giving the couple a few moments to themselves before Losa was asked by his wife to leave her by herself for a little while.
Going downstairs she mulled over whether she should check on Raynalia, but her common sense told her to leave the elf be, she was sure when Rayne was ready she would come down and then the two would have the opportunity to put their heads together and come up with some sort of reasons that made sense over what had happened with Gabriel.
The thought of her brother brough both pangs of sadness and twinges of joy. Knowing that he was still alive lifted her spirits, not knowing why or what had happened worried her.
Sighing she found a place to sit at a table near the fire.
Whenever she was troubled, whenever she needed to think she would sit by the hearth and watch the flames dance.
At that moment it was exactly what she needed.

Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:20 am
Stablehand

None notice when I slink through the front door of the Inn, keeping my eyes downcast paying attention to no one, doing nothing to draw attention to myself. I find a place in the darkest farthest corner of the large common room that serves as both dining area and tavern to rest my body. I am here for one reason. To keep my vigile over the woman.
It is a vigile that has been kept since the moment of her return.

Watching her from across the room its plain to see that something weighs heavy in her heart. How many times have I seen that far off look in her eyes signaling she is lost deep in thought? Perhaps she is thinking of the life she once had? The life she lived with a man I have never met but from her own accounts is a good man with his own secrets and inner turmoil, that life she has told me was happy over all. Who is she trying to fool I wonder? The rest of the world or herself?
She looks so sad.
I know from the nights of talking with her that she misses that man, her husband, who has abandoned her yet again. I know that she longs for some sense of normalcy for herself and her children, something she hasn't had since her days living at home with her surrogate parents.
She blames Azrael, the archmage for alot of what has happened, each day for her is a constant battle to change her world for herself, for her children.
My fears for her are that she will fail and if she does what will become of her then?

I've decided to stop lurking the shadows like some monster in the dark and make my presence known. Somehow I believe that she knows I am already here. I do not expect her to look in my direction though. She is too lost in the recesses of her own mind to pay me such attention.
Someone needs to be with her. She'll argue that she doesnt need anyone.
I happen to know different.
She thinks I don't hear her cry at night, try as she might to muffle the sounds. I hear and I know.
Reaching her I put a hand on her shoulder and smile when she turns to look at me with those pools of violet she tries to pass off for eyes.

Good day my lady. Perhaps you wouldn't mind a bit of company?

Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:59 am
Peasant

Shuddering at the touch of another had become common for her now. It was not a shudder of desire nor need, it was a shudder of the unfamiliar, she had been that way since coming back from the other world, any time someone she hadnt spent years of her life knowing came near or touched her she would shudder and an eerie feeling would sweep over her and she would be filled this need to run.
But she couldnt run. How would it look each time someone came near and she took off running like the devil himself was after her?
She had to admit it was getting better though at least with some people.
Like Rowan, he could touch her without her wanting to run, but the shudder still reamained.
She supposed over time that too would be gone, once she had grown more trusting and she was trying. He afterall had given her no reason not to trust him and he was constantly either at her side or watching over her.
The two had even spent many nights doing nothing more than talking, well she did most the talking really, he listened and would speak his thoughts here and there, the point was though, that he was there and never expected anything of her.
Turning her gaze from the fire to his face she smiled a little and waved him towards a chair across from her.

Sit Rowan, and tell me what brings you here at such an hour. Surely you cannot still be thinking you have to watch over me? Or is it that we havent had our nightly visit and your worried I'll forget?

The small laugh that slipped passed her lips surprised them both, but it felt good to laugh even just a little.

Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:58 am
Stablehand

If she could only see herself when she smiles, when she laughs, maybe it would make her see herself the way others see her. The way I see her.
The sadness lingers above her like some dark cloud, the only reprieve I have ever seen has been when she is with her son. Yet even then there is still that hint of misery behind the smile in her eyes.
I often wonder what would happen if I were to meet those who are partially to blame. I may serve in the clan where the mage, her father, presides as head of the order but I have yet to meet him myself. As for her precious Guidion, I am of the opinion he is never going to come back to her. And that is sheer stupidity on his part.
I know blame does not rest souly on their shoulders, but they have played their parts. I often wonder if guilt rests in their hearts. Do they stop sometimes to think of what demons she wrestles with?

There is no hesitation to sit once the motion was made. I have spent hours talking with this woman learning of her life. Past and present. She speaks very little of the future. I think she believes her future will be the same as her past, and as her present. My hopes for her are that one day she will see differently.
Now seated across from her, a smile of my own in place I answer her questions with ones of my own.

Do you think you need watching over Oriana?
I know you would not forget our newly formed ritual, these talks of ours appear to be as important to you as they are to me. I am curious though about why you would find it important to come here at such an ungodly hour. Are you alright?

Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:06 am
Peasant

No I do not think I need looking after. I know I dont need looking after, you are the one who needs to be convinced of that it would seem.
I do have to say that I am glad to see you Rowan. Kiara is upstairs in labor, I gave her something to help her sleep through most of it but whether she does or not isnt changing the fact that its going to be a long day and I could use the company.

Gracing the man with a soft smile she realized that she really was greatful for his presence. While she knew that any within the ranks of the guild would kill or be killed for her she was well aware that she knew so little of so many of them. Aside from Kiara and Raynalia, she really didnt know anyone. It was a good thing she often thought that he was not afraid of her like the others seemed to be, he didnt shy away from her and he took as much pleasure in their nightly visits as she did. At least she thought he did.
Aye she was truly greatful to him, Rowan was proving to be a fine friend.

Since you've found me Rowan and at such an ungodly hour as you have put it, do you need to eat? I wont ask you to stay here during this entire process, it could be a long while before the babe is born. If you wish to stay though, I'll see to it that a room is ready for you and that you have everything you need.

She didnt ask him to stay because she knew she wouldnt need to. Wherever she went he was there either in plain sight for all to see or slipping through shadows keeping his watch.
One of these days she would learn why it was so important for him to watch over her the way he did.

Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:39 am
Stablehand

Yanno she's funny like that. She gets so wrapped up in helping everyone else that she forgets about herself. I can't remember her ever talking of doing anything for herself. I sure as hell haven't seen her do anything for herself. We both know even though she has said I do not need to stay, that I am not going to leave her here.

Don't fuss over me Oriana. I'm a big boy, if I want something I can get it myself.

Maybe the way I said it was too harsh. I'm not sure. I didn't think it was said roughly but the doubt was there when I saw her flinch. If I hadn't been paying attention I would have missed it. But I didn't miss it.
She looked to pale, her eyes were too sunken in and the discolorment beneath them was enough to cause alarm. I knew she hadn't been sleeping well enough but the way she looked at that moment told me there was more going on than even I knew. Somehow I would get to the heart of the matter. I reached for her laying my hand atop hers giving a gentle squeeze. I was worried now, she felt cold.

Wouldn't it be a good idea for you to rest while your friend rests? Your not doing anyone any good down here Oriana. Quite frankly you look like you could use a good nights sleep. Don't get testy, I'm only looking out for you and your own health.
Come on.

Honestly I am not too sure how she's going to react to what I do next. I can only hope she doesn't decide to fry me. I've seen her do that once and I never want to see it again or experience it for myself. I stand from my seat and walk around the table to stand next to her. I swear I feel like I'm dealing with poisionous snakes, fangs dripping venomn and all.
Carefully I reach out for her to slip my hand around her arm. I truly am worried for her. I hope she understands that. Gently I tug on her arm hoping to coax her from the chair.

Once. Just once let someone take care of you Oriana. Even if only for a little while.

Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:11 am
Peasant

It took all she had not to reach over and rip his eyes from the sockets. She knew she shouldnt be angry with him, he really was looking out for her and he knew she slept very little if at all lately but she couldnt help that feeling of rage that started to swell. She counted to ten and took serveral deep breaths before trusting herself to do anything and when she felt she could trust herself not to do anything she would regret later she allowed him to bring her off the chair. She was tired, more than tired, exhausted was the better word. Leave it to Rowan to make her do something she wouldnt normally do.
Relying on people for anything, trusting in them, did not come easy for her but she was learning how to again. She owed him something for all the time he spent listening to her, not judging her, she owed him for not abandoning her when he had no real ties to her at all.

Alright you win. This round anyway, Dont get smug and dont gloat you know I'll make your life hell in one way or another for this Rowan so it is a shallow victory at best

Completely out of character for her she made a face and stuck her tounge out at him as he led her towards the stairs connected to the rooms above.

Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:25 am
Stablehand

I can bet you my life that no one was more surprised than I was. There was no arguement, no fussing or fighting. She just gave in. That was enough to really make me worry.She never did anything without a fight. Of course there was the statement made flat out and without hidden meaning that I shouldn't feel too cocky about it. She's right. She will make my life hell at least for a little while. She always does. Like any gentleman would I kept myself outside the door that opened to her chambers while she went inside to change from the robes of the magi into something more suitable for sleeping. That doesnt mean my mind did not wander. I am only human after all and a man to boot. She's told me how most magi wear their robes with nothing underneath, I'm sure you can imagine the thoughts that crept their way into my head the first time I heard of this bizzare custom. I'm even more sure she knew exactly what those thoughts were without my mouth opening to speak a single word. If she did know, she didn't let on. I can't tell you how many times I thought of what lay beneath the soft folds of black velvet, or what it would be like to....
I think it's better if I just don't take any of you down that road in my mind. Some things are best left unsaid. There is one secret I am willing to give up, at least to all of you. She has often asked me why I devote so much time to her. I tell her it is because the stories of her life and her ways are interesting to me. Truth be told I love the woman. I have since the first time I ever laid eyes on her. When I began know her I loved her even more. The sad thing of it all is, she will never know.

I found her sitting atop the down comforter spread across the top of the bed. She had one leg crossed over the other, both tucked beneath the fabric of the white sleeping gown she wore giving her the appearence of some tribal native girl. She looked so much like an innocent all dressed in white and her eyes sparkling I almost ran from the room. I didn't trust myself to be alone with her looking the way she did. All soft and almost fragile. It took me a few minutes to slow my heartbeat and to regain my senses long enough to carry on any kind of normal conversation. Finally when I was sure I could say something, anything without making a complete jackass of myself I sat in a chair on the other side of the room. As far away from her as I could possibly be without leaving the room entirely.

And what is to be our topic of conversation tonight?

It was the only thing I could think of to say that was relatively normal and would not give my reaction to seeing her away. But if I know her, she would see right through me. Somehow she always does.

Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:55 pm
Peasant

She had to smile at the way he seemed scared to be near her. It wasnt as though she wanted him to be scared of her and she knew better than to think he really was scared, he was more scared of himself she thought. Whether he was aware of it or not she had no idea but on more than one occassion she had seen him from the corner of her eye staring at her.
In the beginning it had made her quite uncomfortable, at one point she even thought to threaten him with the loss of his eyes if he didnt stop, but then something happened, and everything change. He treated her with the utmost respect, he was interested in learning about her life, he even wanted to know as much as she was willing to tell of the arcane.
He became a friend and companion, something she was missing greatly.
Now the two of them sat, she on the bed and he in a chair no where near her looking like a frightened rabbit ready to bolt at the tiniest sound.
How funny she thought that she was now the one to make him uncomfortable. She was going to have to do something to set him at ease, seeing him in such a way unnerved her just a little, it wasnt something she was used to having come from him.
Conversation would indeed relax him.

I'll have to check in on Kiara soon, until then perhaps you would like to hear a story from one of the few times I was allowed to take my leave from the Archmages tower to visit my family back in Astrial. Were my brother here I know he would not want the tale retold but he is not here now is he?

A grin crept to her lips and her eyes gleamed with impish delight. She took great pleasure in recounting the more pleasent events that had taken place throughout her childhood. She loved talking of Gabriel and of all the trouble they had gotten one another into. Given the events that occurred as of late a night of reliving the past would in its own twisted way do her some good.

Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:13 am
Stablehand

Your not going to miss anything I promise. Oriana says its going to be awhile anyway and shes right. I should sleep as much as I can.
Theres no reason for you to have to stay locked up in here with me. I feel alright, just some pains here and there so you really should get some rest yourself or maybe find something to eat. I'm sure she'll be happy to fix you something. Maybe you could even check in on Rayne? She still hasnt come out of her room. I'm worried about her.

Settling back against the pillows she yawned, she was more tired than she thought, the excitement of the baby being born was probably the only thing keeping her going.
And if she was feeling that way she could only imagine what Losa was feeling.

Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:46 am
Stablehand

*he smiles and leans forward and kisses her softly* I will not be far mi love, if you need me just call. Any moment with you is worthwhile to me, I do not feel closed up when I am with you. But I will check in on Rayne but only for you

*his hand brushes her cheek and the other her stomach* I will be back soon mi love, if I rest it shall be out in the hall, not far from you. You know I do not fair well with resting when you are not near. Rest well and I will be back when you need me or want me here or when the time is right.

*he looks back at her as he walks out the door* *he heads right for Rayne's room and knocks and waits on her*

Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:17 am
Stablehand

As the shadows shifted, stretched, merged, and elongated in the inexorable play of the moonlight, a tall, cloaked figure walked through the streets. Despite her station, it had always been her habit to walk into towns, rather than ride. Once, a Dardenite brigand who had thought to assault her during her evening wanderings had commented that it was not safe for undefended women to walk alone, particularly at night. She disabused him of his notion rather rapidly and left him with his life, but little else, in order to contemplate the lesson. Her delicately sharp, pale features indicated her heritage. The effect of her ebony hair and metal-grey eyes typically unnerved those who might want to bother her needlessly. And her simple, though rich clothing and the heavy sword she carried usually made the message quite clear. And if that failed, well...she might tell the story of the Dardenite brigand.

It always seemed that it was during time of tumult--new beginnings and old endings--that the Dark Lady was drawn back into the company of people. For a long time now, she had preferred silence and the contemplation of magicks. Sometimes things changed more rapidly than even she cared for, and it was at those times she dwelt on sentiment. But, as her mother had told her, no one has to remain in one place...or one time...forever.

Morrigan had never really been one for inns, and she felt a certain amount of apprehension about approaching this one. It's name amused her though, and there were people within that she knew

That you once knew anyway...

She stood briefly before the door of the inn before entering. Sometimes beginnings werern't new and endings weren't old. Sometimes it was quite the opposite. As she let the door slip closed behind her, the warmth of the inn embraced her and for the first time in ages she felt a distinct desire for ale, although nothing less than wine had touched her lips since the last time she sat in an inn. Perhaps the apprehension she felt was misplaced. Time would tell, as it always did.

SAO

Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:53 pm
Stablehand

I have often heard her speak of the brother lost to her, taken by the hands of theives. She speaks of him still with a gleam in her eye that is also clouded by a sadness I hope I never have to experience. It's as plain as the nose on my face how much she misses him. From the stories told the two of them were quite a set of troublemakers. As much as I have heard of their adventures I always want to hear more. You see by listening to her memories I get the chance to see her in my mind the way she was when she was happier, when her spirit wasn't so weighed down, when she was free the way I have always believed she was meant to be.

Leaning forward my elbows resting on my knees, an eyebrow arches and I have to smile. She looks so.. so... lovely with her eyes lit up. I know when she talks of Gabriel all her worries are forgotten.

Alright mage. Let's hear what trouble the two of you managed to get yourselves into this time. If it's anything like what you told me the last time it's a wonder your parents and the Archmage didn't string you both up by your toes and leave you there for the birds

Sat Dec 28, 2002 4:17 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next