It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:17 am

Nights Loving Embrace (EoN) 
Stablehand

Post Nights Loving Embrace (EoN)
He stalked silently along the rocky band of the river Wydd, his brothers and sisters ranging in front and behind. He'd sensed the unrest among his kin almost immediatly upon rounding the narrow bend. Nose to the wind, he pressed forward cautiously.

Just fifty paces ahead lie a thick stand of willows, their weeping branches dipping to caress the flowing water like a lover scorned. He froze and cocked his ear, the slight scraping...that of steel put to a stone.

The Leafblighter uttered a low rumbling growl, sending two of his siblings forward as he squinted, searching for any sign of motion in the starless, moonless dark. Moments later, his sister sent up the howl, summoning the rest to advance...the grove was occupied.

He drew his twin daggers and broke into a low, loping jog, covering the distance from to the copse of willows quickly. With a final lunge, he burst through the curtain of leaf and branch, the snarling grin creasing his face. His red rimmed eyes glowed with a feral bloodlust as he readied his blades to deal death to the lurker within.

Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:36 pm
Stablehand

The steel blade sung against the rock as she looked to it's sharpening. It's all she thought about, since she discovered it on the cold shore. More to the truth, it discovered her. She marvelled at the rich amber stones set into the ornate gold hilt. There much the dagger was to tell her.. show her. She marvelled at her fortune, although she sensed it all not to be good.

Now the rushing willows caught her ear. She smiled as she heard them approach. Oh yes, TheLeafblighter drew near. She had naught a meeting with the soul, yet she knew he'd lead them in.

Aeslynn rose as The Leafblighter burst through the branches, snarling, ready to lunge upon her with full force. She held the blade to her lips and softly blew the fine filings into the wind, then gently buffed the steel to a shine against her sleeve.

My brother, take a breath and sheath your blades. I am Aeslynn.

The Leafblighter held steady. She watched his eyes glimmer as he focused upon her. She thought for a moment that perhaps he sniffed her scent, as she saw a slight twitch about his nose. She glanced behind him, expecting others to be close, but as yet she spied none other than the one before her.

Tell me, did that dreadful shreik come from you?

Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:57 pm
Stablehand

With a heavy sigh I look down as my troups rest. Dawn will break soon and I so enjoy the night's cool air. The quiet and calm of the nocturnal predators so enthused me that I have based my world upon their habits. Alas my men do not always embrace these ways but are loyal to me just the same. To die at a word is their ambition, to conquer is their life.
The night will once again surround us and the lands will be right for battle. As for now we train and focus...awaiting word from afar....

Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:24 am
Stablehand

His arms dropped to his sides limply at the sound of her voice. So familiar, and her face...one he had seen in dreams many times.

You! You have arrived. You are the Demon the river dwellers fear. The one thay use to frighten their children into obedience...

His eyes glowed brighter with the promise of blood soon to flow.

I will send my brothers and sisters for the others, Aeslynn...they will come.
Several fly your banner already. I will summon them to this grove of willows.
From here we will loose the vengeance this land has deserved for many ages. We shall bring about the great purging.

He uttered a low growl and instantly five lupine shadows darted off into the night. Each with a different destination...but carrying the same message...

Your Lady becons...It is time!

Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:09 am
Stablehand

He skulked in the shadows of the ridge on the opposite bank, watching the grove intently. The man with the wild eyes charged into the willows, accompanied by the pack of wolves. Five wolves emerge at a full run, in five different directions, yet no sign of the man and still no clue as to who or what lie inside the willow stand.

The Master will be most displeased if I return to him with half information. I must attempt to discern what goes on in that grove.

Carefully, he crept to the edge of the stony river bank, waded into the cold murky flow and paddled across to the far bank, just below the willows.

As he emerged from the water, his eyes focused on the willow grove, he heard the low, menacing growls on wither side of him. The glowing yellow eyes fixed on him malignantly.

Tupilak froze in mid step.

This is most unacceptable...He thought fearfully...Most unacceptable indeed...

Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:47 am
Stablehand

He had heard his brothers instructions and would carry them out.

Seek out the others and return with them.

Each of the siblings had been sent for a specific Lord or Lady, Angelisa, Estne Tutum, Serj and Truth...all would be brought to the willows.

The Beta male ran in a southeaswardly direction through the scrub oak and low cedars along the Marceniai Ridge...his mission was one of secrecy. There was one yet to fetch...One lord who's name could not be mentioned, lest the sky fall from the heavens and the earth herself swallow up the faithful and unfaithful alike.

As his long, lupine strides brought him ever closer to his destination he felt the familiar sensation run along his spine...fear...anticipation...hunger...anxiety....all blended into one delicious feeling he had come to know as the hunt.

Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:52 am
Stablehand

He drew the cloak tightly about him, his amber eyes absorbing the heat and light from the flames hungrily...

So they finally gather. The wild man sends his cur to summon the others. So much the better. That waif who supposes to lead them will rue the day her hand ever clasped the dagger.

He turned from the fire and strode to the edge of the stone circle, peering into the starless night.

Six will gather. Five will emd with their heads on pikes. Only she will remain to witness the pain, death and destruction her presumptuousness hath wrought.

The Dark Liar cast soundless words upon the four winds...A summons to his minions.

Within moments, they set out...their leathery wings driving them onward toward the grove of willows.

Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:38 pm
Stablehand

"Sire!Sire! A beast slaughtered it's way through the guards. It waits at your entrance!"

Finally. A Summons from our friend.The wait had been almost more than I could bare.

"I will go and see this beast.In the meantime,Gather the heads of each flank and have them wait in the center.I shall address them shortly."

It was about to become a long dark spell for them. And I so enjoyed the thought. Ashame that many would not return....

Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:25 pm
Stablehand

Serj lay in a deep sleep in the middle of the grove where he had collapsed.

His brothers and sisters watch him curiously as he seems to be having a troubling dream.

He mumbles something in his sleep but it is not discernable at all.

This goes on for quite a long time until the Leafblighter finally awakens him, and begins the meeting.

Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:47 pm
Stablehand

Serj looks around in the grove of his brother's calling.
He sees no one, and starts to wonder what is going on.
Where art thou, Leafblighter?
At this, the Leafblighter comes out of the shadows, and startles Serj, who is still reeling from his long nap. "I am here. The same place I have been for ages." At this they begin to discuss the state of the brotherhood.

Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:53 am
Stablehand

Something is amyss in the air. Serj can smell it, as well as his brothers and sisters. Something is waiting in the shadows... some unforseen evil that is waiting for the right moment to strike. They are not safe in the grove any more, but they are unaware of this.

Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:00 am
Stablehand

Pulling himself up to a half rotted stump,the smell of blood crept into his senses overlaying the smells of the forest which seemed as unfamiliar to him as was the reasoning he was here to begin with.
The blood,knowing that it was his own,began to crust onto his clothes where the bleeding had stopped...but was warm and somehow comforting where it still flowed.
"Still alive I presume"he whispered.
Reaching into his dirt and blood covered trench,he pulled out a small flask and took a drink.The liquid went down with some effort but did little for the thirst.
Damn,they got my blade...
the thought made his head throb a little more.Just as well though as being dragged behind their horses for what had to have been a least a full rising(He had lost consciousness,gratefully),having his own blade do more damage would have not made matters better.

As he sat there dressing his wounds,he tried to recall the events which led to his current situation.He had been summoned to a place that he had heard of but had never been.Who or why he was summoned;he was unsure.But being one to investigate was part of his nature.Granted,that particular trait was at times a horrid curse...at others a grand gift.This being one of the times when judgement told him to parallel the encampment and press on towards what called him.

Nope,..just had to see what you could get away with;didn't you?

Disgusted with himself,he decides to sleep here for the night and try to think about what his contingentcy plan was for the following morn'.
Being late was not an option...

Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:54 am