It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Isonia's Crossroads (open to all those of the faith) 
Stablehand

Post Isonia's Crossroads (open to all those of the faith)
{ooc: For Isonians to stop by, spend some time, share some stories, whatever.}

There was a legend told in the lands of the goddess of a lush valley where all roads came together briefly and then parted. Some said this valley could be reached if one traveled along a road for long enough. Others claimed that it could be found only if a traveler wanted to find it. Sill others maintained the exact opposite--that the place could never be found if that was one's objective. And as is the case with most things in life, all of these perspectives were correct and all of them were incorrect.

And what was this place? That was better known. It was said to have been caused by the great goddess smashing her battle-axe into the land during the battle that was known as the Last Sin. And as befits a place touched by a goddess, the valley's nature was powerful and dynamic. All sorts of climate patterns could be found: desert, rainforest, alpine, steppe. In the center of the valley, where Isonia's axe had cut the deepest was the point where the road came together. And it was here that Morrigan, sorceress in service to Isonia, had made a small camp.

The valley was a place of peace for her, and her regrettably-brief visits allowed her respite from the burdens of war, diplomacy, and the administration of her realm.

She had built a small fire and had sat close to it, although at the crossroads, the temperature was really never cool nor warm. She hoped that the roads might bring other followers of Isonia to this place and she had woven a spell within the fire that might send an invitation to any Isonian travelers to make their way here to share stories, wine, and songs.

There was nothing to do but wait. Morrigan sat quietly singing an ancient song of her people--one to do with glory and war and blood and victory. The fire flickered in the everpresent twilight.

SAO

Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:27 pm
Stablehand

Rumor had it that there was a crossroads somewhere between here and nowhere that any of Isonias children are welcome to. It's also been rumored that a great lady of magick sits waiting for those faithful to the goddess to come sit with her and tell their tales. I have no real tales of my own to offer, but maybe just maybe the dark lady whom I know more about than perhaps I should has some tales of her own to share. And maybe she can help me understand.

It didn't take as long as I had expected to find what I was looking for. It was almost like I had been guided once I made up my mind to take the journey so when I found myself walking towards the orange light of the fire I can't say I was really surprised. The woman sitting there was familar to me though we had never been formally introduced and so I found it best to rectify that as soon as possible.
Bowing before the woman I greeted her with the respect I learned a short time ago that she deserved.

Good Evening Lady Morrigan. I am Rowan Boramere, protector of the Lady Oriana, and servant to Isonia. I believe we have met once before under different circumstances though I have never spoken to you. I would like to apologize for my behavior back at the inn that day. I am a little too protective at times. Had I known who you were I never would have thought of taking your head

Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:10 pm
Stablehand

Post Bonjour
The clouds in the sky were black, lightning gave the only light in this black night, the rain felt like razors against Bassilus' leathery face due to the wind, which breeched against his and his companions body as hammer on a forge. But he had to continue, he had this feeling... He knew that he would find light at the end of this muddy road.

This sounds pessimistic, but the smile who almost splitted Bassilus' dwarven face said otherwise. Bassilus liked this weather, this hard weather made him harsher, him and his companion Copper. Sidelings he looked at the massive Hog and saw 2 barrels attached to the body of Copper. Copper carried the travel equipment and was a nice partner. He looked at his face and saw a twinkling in Copper eyes and knew he liked it too. He couldn't see his snout which was hidden in the mud, he smelled something.

*GRUNT* *GRUNT* *GRUNT*

Aye... Mate.. What's wrong??He walked to Copper and saw something lying in the mud. He grabbed it and saw a wooden doll. He swept it a couple of times against his cloak and it looked like a nice wooden toy. Somebody from the town was probably in a hurry due to the weather, silly townspeeps, and he assumed his lovely daughter left this, and was probably crying at this very moment, about the loss of this warm doll. He smiled and missed his doll, and grinned.

Hmppff... A dwarf and a doll.. Har Har Har He knew that he had bad humor, but he liked it and that was all that mattered. He continued and saw something red coming towards him, following the wind. He grabbed it and it was a rose, a crimson red rose. With thorns and all. And he grinned.

A doll, and a crimson red rose??? What in the Bloody hell means this, do you know??

He heard some grunting and took that for a no. He carefully hid the doll and the rose in his cloak and continued to follow the road. He knew there was a crossroad a few miles east and he got a weird feeling, something familiar, is it Isonia??? He didn't know.

He smelled some smoke and hurried, and after a few minutes he saw 2 people around a camp fire. A nice Lady and a Lad. Both friendly looking, but you could never be sure. He unsheathed his axe and took it lightly in one hand.

He walked to the campfire and looked at the persons sitting beside it. He heard this was a meeting place for Isonians, and all who were willing could join, and tell a tale or two.

This would be a great place to spend the night, he bowed to the lady and knuckled his head in front of the soldier.

Greetings lady and lad, do you mind if I sit down by your warm fire and share a tale or two???He looked at the lady and smiled and looked at the fellow and felt some tension between those two, but he was sure it would get away with an ale or two.Oh how rude, I forgot to introduce meself, I am the dwarf Bassilus Keeper of the Rod, Son of the Red Dragon, Holder of 'Whistler' and uber fisschermanhe grinned, he didn't like those formal introductions, but it sounded cool, especially the last part. He pointed at Copper and saidThis is Copper, uhmm.... my 'pack'hogHe heard some grunting and grinned.

He grabbed the doll and the rose and gave them gently to the lady with a smile. When he touched her hand, he shrugged. Her hands were like those juicy fruits, some people called peaches. He looked at the lad, and tried to say without a dwarven harsh voice Can I offer you some of the finest ale in the world, a Chaos brew, or an apply brandy?? Or you m'lady??? He untied the barrels of the hogs body and removed the travel equipment and sat down at a sheltered place next to the campfire.

<edit>Siglines are to be no more than 4 lines total, including spaces. Edit yours to fit these requirements. Thanks! -Evangeline.</edit>

Just a moron of a GM wearing a smile in Oafs

Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:57 pm
Stablehand

The dark lady looked up at the man who served as Oriana's protector and smiled.

Do not trouble yourself about it, messire Boramere. You are not the first enthusiastic and zealous guardian of our great lady that I have known. Oriana chooses only the best and I must confess I would have been concerned had you not reacted that way. Danger is everywhere, after all.

Morrigan gestured for Rowan to take a seat near the fire.

I am most grateful for the company. In the past, I have sat for months in this place and no other has journeyed by. Ah! And I spy another traveler!

She smiled warmly as Bassilus approached and was amused and delighted by the doll and the rose. She stood.

You honor me with your gifts, messire Bassilus. I am Morrigan. And my friend here is Rowan Boramere.

The dark lady glanced at Bassilus' traveling companion and produced an apple from her cloak. She offered it to the pig.

And greetings to you as well, good packhog. She smiled. Please join us! And I would be most interested in sampling some of your ale. I've become a bit of a connoisseur these last few years.

SAO

Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:31 pm
Stablehand

(ooc: Have decreased my autograph, sorry read it to late)

Bassilus smiled, he didn't expect such a nice treat at such troubled times and bad weather. He heard the hog grunting when he received an apple. You didn't see those often around here, he wondered where she came from. He didn't notice a hint from her accent.

he walked to one of the barrels and grabbed three mugs and a big plate. He opened the tab and the rich, cold, brown ale entered the mugs. He licked his lips, this was one of the finest ales, and when he heard the lady saying.

Please join us! And I would be most interested in sampling some of your ale. I've become a bit of a connoisseur these last few years.

He was curious.

Hmmm... a lady liking ale that is something different, I don't know many ladies out of the mines of Moria who like Ale.he smiled and served the beers to the men and the lady, and the plate of beer to Copper. He hefted his right hand with the beer, and toasted against the mugs.Cheers lad and ladinette, I have some more samples of beers, I encountered by the road, if you're in we can try some more

He grinned, he found the food and drinks the most important thing on a journey and now he found some travellers who thought the same about one them.

He brought the mug to his mouth and let the dark brown ale slip onto his tongue. And he felt the rich aroma's entering his his body, and closed his eyes and smiled. He opened them again to watch the faces of the other two companions after they took a swig.

Well while we drink, I have a nice tale about this beer, cause this isn't normal ale. If you have some time, I could spare it with you??

He walked to his travel equipment and got some cheese, dried meat and some old bread, and put them on a copper plate in the middle of the three. He throwed some meat to Copper, and received a grunt as a token of appreciation.

It's not much but it's all that I have with me for now. I didn't expect your company, but I thank you for it

Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:13 am
Stablehand

OOC: First post bear with me.. bear bear bear :)

Ripples flowed and ducks awoke as Count Blah erected himself. His black robes, torn by the sharp-edged reed, felt heavily on his shoulders. The Count grunted, which made the beaver, who had awoken him with a tail-slapping, scatter off. This was, for beaver-measures, a wise decission, Count Blah, being a 2 feet tall purple-furred pygmy-vampire, naturally despised beavers for having seemingly no necks and , in addition, being taller than him...

" One bastardly beaver..blah.. And how did I end up in this dank ditch?..blah "

Tatters of memory passed through his mind.. all alone...blah..middle of road..big pig...had to jump.. hit reed...hit water..wet...

" Blah.. "

He looked at his clothes, torn, drenched and out of fashion. Looking at his hands, he gasped, they had turned blue! Scrolling up his pants, he noticed some other bodyparts had turned blue aswell...

" I'm cold, need to find a way to raise this tenacious temperature..blah "

As he crawled up the bank, he kicked over a small dam. While struggling to get on his feet, he heard some very abussive birring behind him. Looking over his shoulder, he saw three beavers, with unsheathed teeth. This sight gave him an excellent idea to dry up...

" I will run now, bye bye angry animals..blah "

With that, he started moving as fast as his now blue feet could carry him. He got back up the road, the beavers were losing ground, while the Count's wet robe gathered more and more dirt...

" The flickering of a little light..blah.. up ahead! "

Waving his arms, hands, feet and legs as fast as he could he ran towards the light. As he got closer he started to see shadows, three of them. He didn't care, fire was hot, he was not. Then suddenly he crashed into something, something relatively warm. It was shaped like a pillar and the Count decided to grasp it, planning to feed on it's warmth...

" Ooo.. healing heat..blah "

After hugging the thing for 5 seconds, he decided to open his eyes and look up. What he saw made his purple colour return and his ears wiggle aswell. He had been leg-hugging a pretty lady!

" Excuse me lucious lady..blah.. of the warm calf! I bid ye forgiveness for violating your lingering limbs..blah.. in that way! "

He looked around and could clearly see two other people now and a fire. He made a bow towards them and then a second one to the lady...

" I see you are trine travellers..blah.. Would you mind if I join you and heat myself and my clothes by the fire? Although I must say, m'lady, just looking at you surely suffices..blah..aswell. "

Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:50 am
Stablehand

(OOC: MURco is that you?? :) All Hail you Count Blah)

IC
He watched the lady and the men with some confusion in his mind. Had he seen them before, he couldn't remember. He grabbed his pipe and stuffed some good tabacco in it. He tufted his pipe, and tried to let the smoke come out in rings, but failed. Besides the taste was all that counted. Dwarves were an odd kind of people, often rude and not supple at all but they were honoust and great fighter, and liked their pipe.

So he sat next to the fire, tried to give the best smile he had to the lady, but half of it was hidden behind his beard and the rest was crap or hidden behind a curtain of smoke. He stroked his beard thoughtfully, until he heard the cracking of little twigs behind him. He grabbed 'The Whistler' in one fluid motion and turned his head towards from where the sound came.

Copper still busy with his apple grunted loud. Someone was out there. He sniffed the air, but smelled nothing.

Who is there??? Friend or Foe, Fancy or not???... uhmmm.. he eyed the lady again, and his cheeks were burningDancing or not I meant... har har.. uhmmmSome abusive language, some curses and mutterings passed softly Bassilus' lips, and he looked and hoped she had not heard it.

The one in the dark turned out to be a friend. Hugging the ladies leg, just wanting a fire, but what he said at the end.

I see you are trine travellers..blah.. Would you mind if I join you and heat myself and my clothes by the fire? Although I must say, m'lady, just looking at you surely suffices..blah..aswell.

Bassilus was stunned, these poetic words sounded like music, hypnotizing music. he wished he could do it, but couldn't and shrugged. He walked to one of the barrels and knew what to do.

Drink till we drop.... Har.. har... har... Like the old times, aye Copper. He heard the loud grunting of the hog, and filled his plate with the best ale in the world. He grabbed his last mug and filled it with ale, just like his own mug, and passed the new one to the new lad.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:23 pm
Stablehand

"I'm not sure, Chosen, It should be around here somewhere. The map said it was."
"And yet..."
Toph glanced over and smiled at Llardorwyn, who was looking around, trying to find some landmark to reference by. The two elves had been moving silently through the forest for quite some time, searching for Isonia's valley, but they had had no luck.
"Should I take a look, Chosen?"
"You might as well, Llardorwyn"
"Stand back, then."
"You plan to change HERE? Where would you take off from?"
Llardorwyn shrugged and kept walking, and as he walked, he slowly began to change. Llardorwyn's arms lengthened, while his entire body began to thicken as scales formed over his skin. Seconds later, Toph was accompanied by a small dragon, who rumbled,
"Better, Chosen?"
The dragon's neck craned back to stare at Toph, blue eyes whirling with mirth-

And then the dragon dissapeared.
"Llardorwyn!"
Toph ran forwards, seeing where the ground rapidly gave way to a fairly steep cliff. Llardorwyn was floating gracefully back upwards.
"Looks like we found the valley, Chosen" Llardorwyn's thought danced in his mind.
Llardorwyn landed at the top of the cliff
"I found a path, Chosen, follow me."
Llardorwyn shifted back to elven form and led Toph to a trail, and they began climbing down...

Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:30 am
Stablehand

OOC: Don't die on me fellows! :P And pretty lady ofcourse :)

Count Blah averted himself from the lady's legs and turned towards the second source of warmth. He bend his knees, ignored the sound this made and sat himself down in front of the fire. He watched the flames pop up from the little twigs, gazed as wood seemingly turned to coal. It was a pretty sight, this fire, not as pretty as the other heatsending object adjacent him, but he liked it all the same and moved in closer...

" Gods praise this wholesome warmth...blah..it brings back life to my frigid fingers...blah.. "

[i] The count extended his fingers and smiled as he noticed he still owned all six of them. His cloak still weighed heavy on his shoulders and he decided to move in even closer..

" Got to dehydrate damp..blah..clothes. "

With that, the purple-furred pygmee-vampire closed in on the fire, extending his arms above the flamey mass. Suddenly one of the flames decided to pop out quite ferociously, colliding with the Count's garment...

" ARGH! Silky sleeves...blah.. on fire! "

For the second time that day, Count Blah felt like running. This time, however, it was the heat, not the dampness, that made out his mind. He ran round and round the fire, flailing his burning arms. Suddenly his eyes caught sight of the dwarf, who appeared to be filling himself with some sort of ale.

" Oi you! Saturating simpleton..blah..! Put your barley beverages..blah.. to good use and extinguish me.. please! "

Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:54 pm