It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Clipped Wings (WoR/SO/SAO/Bowl/CoFC vs INCA) 
Stablehand

The demoness throws yet another dead body upon the mass funeral pyre. Covered in blood and gore she works tirelessly. Join Darden in glory, for you have given to him the greatest of all gifts. Your suffering shall be rewarded.

They had come for her in the night, three of the INCAns greatest kingdoms, and taken all she gained and more. Perhaps they fear her as they did Eisheth. The funeral pyre blazes higher and higher, the light and warmth greater than the dawning sun. The day has just barely begun but most of Nahema's people had put in a full days work already and it didn't look as if they would be done 'til well into the night.

Now the traitors Fides had joined in the war though Ten had vowed to assist and take Fides out of the equation. A part of Nahema was jealous that Ten would have the first opportunity to destroy the traitors but at the moment she had her hands full dealing with INCA.

Demoness, I bear a message from the Captain. He grants you permission to move your kingdom elsewhere but build it quickly for time is essential.

Inform him that we will move as soon as we have seen to the bodies of our brethren. They deserve no less as faithful servants of Darden. She turns, not waiting for his acknowledgement, and picks up yet another body to place upon the fires.

Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:16 pm
Stablehand

Turning from her massive black marble war table, the nymph stretches her great silver wings. She'd spent the last few hours pouring over the new reconaissance her scouts had delivered, and she was somewhat confused. None of the infidels had even noticed her, it seemed, even as she widened her borders off the lands of now deceased heathens. How that was possible, she couldn't quite fathom. Unless she wasn't considered a threat.

The pale nymph shrugs. It was all the same to her. Such dire tactics they had attempted; striking a single entity with not one, but five guilds. And now a sixth threatened over the horizon. Yet, for some reason unbeknown, INCA still stood, though they had had to call upon the Fides for some assistance. The numbers were quite tilted.

Taliana strides purposefully to her scrying pool, muttering words softly, calling forth images of the battle, of her neighbors and allies, and the current reports from her generals. The water rises from the depths to form a vertical whirlpool in front of her. The reflection made her smile. Solik was safe. Of course, if he hadn't been, the drake would have long since gone mad....

Live for my living, or else I must die.

Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:41 pm
Stablehand

The aged vampire slowly entered his office his head bowed low. In the center of the small room was an ornate desk piled high with reports. Shaking his head sadly, he made his way over to the desk and started leafing through the reports. Since his awakening from the long sleep Mr Ed had been trying to fathom what had happened to his beloved world. Always he had dedicated his life to Foret, truly believing in the word.
Foret had been kind, always the champion of the downtrodden.
Somehow though, during the ages that had passed during the ancient vampires recovery, the forces following Foret had gained overwhelming power. What Mr Ed dreamed of…in fact almost gave his very life in trying to attain had come to pass.
But sadly all was not right……the Forces of Foret had become what for so many ages they had rallied against.
Arrogant in their supreme power they had become harsh masters of all they saw. Where Foret had been so good, now He and his followers had become domineering and boastful.

This went against the very tenants Mr Ed lived for. There always must be balance, power unchecked always caused injustice and horror.

With a heavy heart Mr Ed had ordered all temples to the BOASTFUL ONE demolished in his tiny kingdom, and erected glorious structures in the name of the God of Equality. the harsh mistress Isonia.
Knowing that this was his only moral option did not lessen the burden on his heart.
So many of the current followers of Foret were his former friends and allies.

Deluded by Foret they could not see that he was leading them down the path they had for so long sacrificed their lives to fight.

Though Mr Ed invaded every land under Forets dominance he was ordered to by his new commanders, he never once looked at the intelligence to see who he was invading.
As it was, knowing he may at any moment might indeed helping to demolish an old friends land was a harsh weight on his shoulders. But knowing in fact that the next kill indeed WAS a dear old friend would be devastating.

Mr Ed lowered his head onto his desk and sobbed softly.
The Knowledge that his actions were necessary to regaining balance in the world, did not make his betrayal any easier to bear.

Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:25 pm
Stablehand

Sitting in his study Tovarn carefully reads over the documents pretaining to his military expsansion. Suddenly Tylorn rushes into the room talking about the numbers of troops they were able to ensemble in a few days. "About 1,000 new recruits have arrived in the training camp and await your arrival."

"I'll head to the camp in a few minutes I need to wait for our orders from Archangel." Tylorn leaves without saying a word. Five minutes later a messenger arrives with a note he hands to Tovarn outlining what is in store for him and the new troops.

Arriving in the training camp Tovarn surveys the band of new recruits who are mainly displaced farmers and peasants that had survived the heathen onslaught. "I know many of you have lost much in the past few days but I ask that you stay the course and help regain some of the land. The new land will help restore our small kingdom to a portion of what it once was but it will never be the same."

Tovarn watches as the men leave to commence their training for the coming battles and hopes they are ready since most of them are untrained civilians that are being forced into action to defend their homeland.

Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:15 pm
Stablehand

Silently he stalks forward until the veiw before him opens and reveals a large camp. Instead of preparing for war, saying last prayers and writing death scrolls to be sent home the heathens seemed to be whirling about in circles. *roundandroundandround*

*roundandroundandround*

*roundandroundandround*

*roundandroundandround*

Shaking his head, the surprised warrior slides backwards to begin the trip back to the INCA lands. Perhaps his more educated leaders would know what to make of this heathen confusion.

[center]~INCA~[/center]

Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:37 pm
Stablehand

He sat in his study thinking for awhile. This war had left a bad taste in his mouth. Knowing that it was with the forets with which he once worshipped made matters different. He no longer worshipped foret actually he did not truly worship anyone. He had learned long ago that where he was needed he would be called to. But this war bothered him more than most... Because no matter the belief there was an unholy alliance made. Two faiths joined to fight a common foe but at what costl When fighting along side natural enemies how are you supposed to trust them as well

Get me reports from the lands. Then go and visit the other lands of our allies and let us see what can be done

Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:44 pm
Stablehand

Little time was available for the preparations to be completed in and I had sent a missive to Eugene. He arrived dutifully and was shown into my temporary office. We talked about what was needed to repair the devastation wrought by reavers. We discussed the role that we would likely play in the upcoming war and just how we would find the resources to fortify. Emissaries were sent to several small wealthy holdings to the south offering generous securities in return. Fortunately all that were approached agreed without protest. Other resources were poached or pilfered from heathens who chose to defend their holdings and not their treasuries and so we were prepared.

The day of the strike I arose early, dressed and finding my way to the stables, I saddled my mare and rode out. It was a beautiful day, the morning still damp with the night mists. The animals of the forest were out foraging for their meal that would break their nightly fast. Normally I might stop a while and watch them, delighting in the innocence of their lives. Not today I had an errand to run and little time to do it in, I spurred my mare forward into a gallop. Another delight the wind blowing into my face and through my hair, but this morning I didn't dwell on it or savour it, I was focused on where I was going and what I needed to do.

The time of war was drawing close has I reached the summit of the ranges that over looked the lands of the Sanctum Officium. The lake of Merciful waters sparkling as if diamonds were alive upon it and playing tag with each other. I had been delayed upon my errand and so I did not stop. I needed to get home to complete preparations.

We trotted into the courtyard, I dismounted and passed the reins to a stable boy.

Do you want her prepared for war Madam

No, have one of the War Stallions ready for me, My Lady needs a rest, I said as I patted her lovingly on the neck and turned to the house.

Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:05 pm
Stablehand

Tanlin read through the reports, it was not good news. First the INCAns has come in swarms, overrunning his meager realm. Then, just when he thought he'd gotten back on his feet, those of Fides had blind-sided him. The cowardly Forets couldn't fight alone, so they needed to bring in help, yet still they fell one by one.

Now he was ready to deal some damage again, and was just looking for a worthy target for his holy wrath.

Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:36 pm
Stablehand

Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:18 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3