It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:50 pm

One Tavern of Many 
Stablehand

days have past since his last visit to the tavern.as his kingdom suddenly vanishes from the world of the living,he needed a place to feast.so he decided to head back to a place where he enjoyed the food outside of his own kingdom.

he walks into the tavern tired form the long journey he had come from.he notices the place to be less full than last time he visited.he decides to go over to the bar and have a drink to satisfy his thirst.he sees an elderly man sitting down two stools over,and goes to chat with the man.

after the drink and conversation with an elderly man at the bar,he goes over to see the entertainment that the place provided.he quietly takes a seat with some fellow warriors also looking for a laugh.

<edit>Posts in the Maxim forum must consist of 3-5 paragraphs with three sentences per paragraph -- that's nine sentences at the minimum. Edit your post to reflect these requirements, as it is only 8 sentences currently. - Evangeline.</edit>

Last edited by MAKKO on Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:02 am
Stablehand

The Trevor sees a stranger walk into the tavern, ONE who has not identified himself in the proper manner, ONE who does not appear to be ONE of the MANY who gather here on a regular basis.
"Who are you?"Demanded the mortal form of the eternal fire"Why have you entered our haven? What business have you among the MANY who gather here? Identify yourself"
The Trevor waited for a response from this unknown ONE, waited to see if it was a new friend who did not identify himself properly, or if he was a spy, sent to seek out MANY secrets, whever he could find them

<edit>Posts in the Maxim forum must consist of 3-5 paragraphs with three sentences per paragraph -- that's nine sentences at the minimum. Edit your post to reflect these requirements, as it is only 6 sentences currently. - Evangeline.</edit>

Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:32 am
Stablehand

Post Cold, very cold
The ice covering the landscape, cold and blue, nothing but the low glow of red coming from the gaurdian of the Abyss Below' Shear Obsidian Darkness. The red glow reflects strangely off the blue ice and white snow, but as Lazarus awakens, the cavern fills with a light, a simple spell from the old times.

Creatures could barely survive, but in this extreme location, and impossible cold, the many hordes that are imprisoned in the Abyss are kept that way, and none can release them save for a calling from this world. Lazarus uses his powers to recieve a report from his new kingdom, and to send orders. No need to be there personally, his duties of gaurding the Abyss are too important.

*Crack!*

A sound, one from the Abyss, one is awakening.

Lazarus rises and pulls his sword from its icy prison in the side of the cavern and waits to see what or who has awakened.

Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:40 pm
Stablehand

A man in a dark green leather jerkin, brown leggings, tan leather wide brimmed hat, and riding boots breaks forth from the ice. A grin on his face and a pair of shortswords strapped to his side, he shivers. His brown eyes take in the surrounding icy region, and lock upon Lazarus. He bows, and introduces himself, still grinning.

Please, put up your blade. I am Thaddeus Michael Chadwick, TMC for short.... and called The Mad Capper by some who enjoy playing with the acronym TMC. This frozen realm has been my home for longer than I'd like. What are you in this miserable cold region for?

The Mad Capper leans back and lets his grin relax to a more moderate smile as he awaits his reply and continues to examine the environs.

Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:28 pm
Stablehand

as he is confronted by this man in the tavern.he looks up to see a strange individual come before him.he hears the voice of the stranger and replies with"i am just a journeyman stoppng for a bite and a drink at this fine establishment,i am not a spy,but a traveler who likes to try the many tastes of the places he visits".he then continues with what he is doing.

as he is sitting at a table,he now notices a few people in the bar looking at him strangely.he begins to notice that the tavern he has been visiting may be a heathen tavern.he then rises to his feet andgathers his belongings.

he then looks around to see that the people who were starring at him strangely,go back to what they were doing.he gets up head on over to the bar for one last drink.he then decides it is time to head on out back to his kingdom.he heads on out the door and jumps on his horse,speeding away,kicking dust up into the air.

Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:43 pm
Stablehand

The Smell of bacon and French toast with butter and maple syrup and that powdery sugar...mmmmmm. The feast was fit for MANY. Elmo could almost taste it as if it were real.

The Fairy wakes with a shudder, pangs of hunger hit him in the gut like a FIST...

HE SCREAMS IN PRAYER, "WHY HAVE THE GODZ FORSAKEN ME?!? I HAVEN'T EATEN IN DAYS! LORD, GIVE ME A SIGN AND I WILL FOLLOW!

Just then a finger drops as if from the heavens before Elmo's feet, pointing towards that twisty path leading down into the firey depths beneath the glacier. Elmo hadn't traveled beyond the icy halls for some time, but he didn't relish the idea of traveling through what was once the mighty Velkyn Velve. That unholy place of dark elves and pain. Elmo shudders, "Ask and you shall recieve. Guess I follow the finger." Elmo picked up the finger headed down the path, slipping only occasionally. Down, Down, Down into the abyss she wandered. Past the frozen Brewites and into a forgetten chamber once used in worship to a God whose name has long since been forgotten by most, but not by Elmo. Once she had served Badangel as Badangel served this god in Many great wars. As she walked on, the finger wriggled a bit and began pointing into a dark corner. Elmo, still tasting syrup turned in the new direction. Suddenly the darkness dispersed and there was a brilliant flash of blue light, the icy chamber shimmered as the light reflected infinite times. There was a figure covered by a dark hood but radiating a brilliant light. The figure turned and spoke, "I have been waiting for you, it is good that you have come. We have work to do, He must be released." Elmo's eyes grew large as the figure removed the hood. Could it be? Elmo stepped into the light and as quickly as the figure had appeared, Elmo, the figure, and the finger vanished.

Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:52 pm
Stablehand

The various patrons of the tavern were standing about and idly drinking their ales when suddenly the more sober members noticed a distant shouting coming from the hills. They gathered their arms together and looked toward the door, expecting news of an attack, when an old hermit burst through the door flailing his thin, white arms and pulling at his scruffy, unshaven beard.

I got news! I got news! Fearing the worst, everyone stood together and looked at the old man awaiting the word - surely their kingdoms were being ravaged!

I just heard... the MANY is going to be disbanded! That's right! Our guild will be gone! All the guilds of all the faiths banned together, and complained to the gods until finally they decided that we are to be smited! But it gets worse! The old gods are gonna die! No more Leto! No more Barnabus! NO MORE ANGELIQUE!!! The Penumbra is coming and the world's gonna end! And it's gonna end... in ICE!! My suggestion is that we all head toward the volcano of the Velkin Velve and ...

Before he could finish, the tavern's patrons, angered at being disturbed, gathered together their mugs of ale and began smashing them over his head!

Old fool! All that already happened! Like, THOUSANDS of YEARS ago! Where have you been!?

I... must have... been... out of... the loop... the old man said as he fell to the ground in a heap of blood. His body was still twitching when they dumped him into the field behind the tavern.

Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:28 am
Stablehand

The moon shown overhead brightly accompanied by a blanket of stars. A cool breeze blew about me lightly tickling a few loose strands of hair causing them to dance playfully about my face. The night chorus played to me as I made my way through the forest: an owl singing a duet with a nightingale, a few crickets, and the rustling of leaves all filled the air. I must admit, it was a rather tranquil experience.

I did not recall how long it has been since I first set out from the Mystic Academy. All I knew was that I had to meet with the council and I had two weeks to get there. However I must admit, I really had no clue as to why they had called for me. The council members weren?t much on conversation so there surly had to be a reason for why they wanted to speak with me... the chances of them just wanting to chat were rather slim.

I imagine I must have zoned out at this point because before I knew it was I coming upon lights in the distance. The faint smell of meats and breads filled my nostrils and my ears could detect the faint sounds of music. From this bit of information I could only assume I was approaching a tavern of sorts.

...well, I guess a short rest would be ok I thought to myself as I made my way nearer to the tavern doors. Surly there was no harm in stopping for a night or so...

Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:38 pm
Stablehand

The old elf slowly walked into the tavern. He walked with a slight limp, and with a gem-encrested cane in his right hand. He wore a plain black outfit - one obviously meant to be used for thieving, altho this particular outfit appeared new. On his left chest was an emblem with a "K" on it, carved beautifully in Old Elven. On his right chest was a badge, a marshal's star. His name was Jayden Kossuth.

Bartender, bartender, I crave *cough, cough* I crave an ale. These old bones aren't as strong as they used to be, but I can still drink!

What's new, old timer?

Old timer? OLD TIMER? Why, *cough* you young cur! I was killin heathens and sacking kingdoms when yer grand pappy was still in short pants! Anyway, I'm just here because my house is about to get burned down again and I wanted a drink.

What's that? Your HOUSE is going to get burned down? AGAIN?

That's right. Cognito made war with the Justicars... heh, Justicars, who names a guild somethin' like that, haha. *cough* ANYway, they're scheduled to come thru my property any time now. They're sure to burn down my house like they always do! Hehe, what were we talking about again?

The Justicars?

Justi-who? What're you talkin about, young son?

The Justicars, that guild you just...

JUSTICARS? HAH! Who names a guild "Justicars?" But you must be mistaken, I never heard of 'em before now. *cough, cough*

Well... you just said that because Cognito made war with them, they were gonna go burn down your house...

WHAT? BURN DOWN MY HOUSE! AW CRAP! I gotta go, put it on my tab!

As Kossuth hobbled off out of the tavern, he could be heard muttering under his breath, burn down my house, what terrible news to hear in a bar! I gotta get back *cough* GOTTA get back! Ooh hey, that's a pretty flower... hmm, I sure could go for an ale right now. Oh my, there's a tavern right there! What luck!

Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:36 pm
Stablehand

The Hero walks into the Tavern just behind an old elf who has just re-entered. He begins to walk towards the bar as the decrepid elf slowly makes his way there. As he passes the elf he turns and says,
"Could it be? My old friend Jayden Kossuth is that you? It has been Many years since we last spoke but I have heard rumors that Foret is in need of a Hero so I have come.
What say you old friend? The years have taken their toll. I heard that you have had some trouble with the Justicars. Is this true? Are you in need of my help? I am here for you if you need me? You only need to call, I shall burn their temples, rob their shops, and rape their women. Well, on second thought i wouldn't go anywhere near THOSE women, but all the rest I'll do. Come my friend and have a drink with me."
With that said the enormous man walked over to the bar and sat down. "Bartender", he rumbled, "I need a keg of Ale". The bartender called back, "You mean a tankard?...A Keg is quite big". The Hero turned and very seriously replied, "If I wanted a shot I'd have asked for a tankard now I ask you sir, Please bring me my Keg." THe Keg was delivered and The Hero began what looked to be a long night.

Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:12 pm
Stablehand

When the night had begun, Cosmo had entered the tavern intending to drink maybe one ale and spend a few hours discussing old times with well-known friends.

However, one drink became three, and three became nine. Not good for one as small as a Sprite. When Cosmo regained awareness, he noticed to his dismay that it was well into the day time, but the party was still going. Oddly, he was elevated above the others.

Finally, it dawned upon him. He was incredibly sore, handcuffed to the metal bars that were everywhere in the tavern. And apparently, his pants were missing.

Oooh boy, Mr Cognito isn't going to like this if he hears of it. You, he said as he spotted the bartender working nearby,
tell me what happened? Why am I handcuffed to this cage? And for Angelique's sake, where are my pants?!

Oh damn. You're awake.

What did I do?

Well first of all, you got drunk. Started to run around and bite everyone's knee caps. Then you went over and bit the knee cap of that giant feller yonder, who goes by the name The Hero. He put you through that brick wall. Well, when you managed to come to, you attacked him again. He laughed, and handcuffed you to the prison bars. This used to be a Marshall's Office, you see. Then some Fairy came in, saw you in bondage, and took advantage of you.

Oy. That's not good. Well... just out of curiosity...

You want your pants back?

...no...

You want your wounds healed?

...no...

Well, do you want to be let down from the bars?

No no no, I was just wondering if I could have more to drink.

And with that, the barkeep hung his head in resignation and began the horrible process all over again.

Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:47 am
Stablehand

The glow of the moon overshadows the cold wasteland that Chester travels. His furs are keeping him warm as his moves to find the tavern. The cold wind follows him through the door before he closes it behind him.

Throwing back his cloak, Chester moves to the bar.

"Where is the Prophet, I don't know how much longer I wish to be with the never ending winter that is upon us. I grow tired of the continuious deluges that attempt to try to tear down my Fortresses and Walls."

Chester takes a stool and orders a ale to sip as he watches to see when the prophet will again return.

The time for one is soon upon us

<edit>Bad boy. No smiley. -Horace</edit>

Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:03 am
Stablehand

Jayden Kossuth was idly smelling flowers one pleasant afternoon when his old ears perked up because of a great ruckus. Turning to the sound, Kossuth looked and saw an old building - apparently once used as an office. Inside were MANY patrons, screaming, shouting, celebrating. Curious as to what the ruckous was about, Kossuth walked over to ask someone what was going on.

After a few moments, Kossuth managed to get the attention of one of the celebrators.

Excuse me, laddie. I was wondering... could you tell an old Elf what is so wonderful that you can't help but celebrate?

You mean... you don't know? But... confused, the young warrior looked toward a comrad for guidance.

It's ok, Sam. The old man here, he forgets from time to time.

Forgets what? And you know me? I could swear, I've never been here before or seen ANY of you!

You know me alright, *and* this place. It was here that the MANY once had a Marshall's office. They worked from here to keep the savage Suzerain at bay. You were a Marshall yourself. And you *should* know what's going on... you're the one who delivered us the news two days ago.

News? What news?

The MANY have become ONE! We're all celebrating! But maybe you should go home, old timer. Your clothes look ragged, and it looks like you haven't bathed in a while. Also you seem malnourished. I think we shall send for le Roche to accompany you.

Aww no, no need. I can find my way. And yes, that is wonderful news! The ONE are now MANY! Terrific!

Kossuth stumbled out of the door. He noticed a small patch of flowers off in the distance and felt a great desire to go smell them - surely they smelled wonderful! He limped toward them, forgetting his pledge to go home.

Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:19 am