It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Fools Rush In Tavern & Inn 
Stablehand

Post Fools Rush In Tavern & Inn
Can you believe it? It still hasn't sunk in yet. Me, Ariela Ravine, whose been many a thing in life, am now the co- owner of the Fools Rush In Tavern & Inn. Imagine my surprise when I approached my brother Alec with the propostion of perhaps starting an establishment or purchasing some land, just so that we both had secure holdings for our futures. My brother is an assassin in the order of the Elite lead by Kiara Jade Connor, scratch that, led by Kiara Jade Connor Shadow, yeah its alot to say, thats why most call her Jade. Anyway, the whole point in bringing up the subject to Alec came about when people from the order started dropping dead left and right. I sure as hell did not want to see my only sibling to be the next one to bite the dust, so I thought if I could talk him into doing something else he might not keep himself so wrapped up in affairs of the order thus lessening his chances of getting killed. Not that Alec would be easy to kill mind you, he's damn good at what he does, I'm his sister I'm supposed to think this way you know what I mean? And I can admit I'm not just doing this for Alec.
Let me tell you it gets tiring having no real reliable income, let me tell you, flitting from one rich man to the next becomes tedious and leads to nothing but a hallow feeling. Alec agreeing was like a gift from the gods. So now here I am ready to begin on a new venture, and I'll be damned imagine the surprise on everyones faces when they find out that it doesnt involve me laying on my back! Anyway, its about time I open the doors....

Bolted to next to the door on the outside of the Inn a sign written in a tounge common enough for all to understand laid out the small standards of expectations for all those who chose to pass through the heavy oak door giving access to what awaited inside....

All are welcome within this place of rest, inside the Fools Rush In you will find the finest food, the finest and robust of drink and the best beds. Should you decide to open the door and step inside know that you are to respect those within and no matter what color banner you fly.Violence, fighting and sheer ignorance will not be tolerated.

Who could have predicted what was going to take place right beneath the very roof where so many had come together for one purpose... to find peace and a sense of belonging. Who could have known that in the end, when all was said and done, lives would be changed forever, and destinies not what they had meant to be.

Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:23 am
Stablehand

Mama Mara always said that when life started to become too much for one person to bear alone, then that person should get off their ass and go find more people. That was exactly what the elf walking through the doors of the newest establishment to grace the town was going to do. Between trying to find herself, trying to work through the issues that surrounded her marriage and trying to convince herself that there was nothing left between her and..., it was best not think of him, each time she found her thoughts lingering to that place she tried so hard not to roam she shuddered like an invisible finger had run down her spine. Getting away, taking some time for herself was a good idea. Besides Ariela had been so excited about the tavern and inn she and her brother had purchased and remodeled that the elf couldnt brush off a visit. Now was the perfect time to unwind.

Well this be the place then eh missy? Nice! Glad ta be the first ta drop by! Pour this old elf a bit o' brandy would ye Ari, an iffin ye have the time, come sit a spell an' talk with Raynie.

Plopping down in a sturdy chair she resisted the urge to put her feet up on the shiny new table. It was quiet, maybe a little too quiet but for now, she would stay where she was and hope that business picked up just a little. She couldnt stand quiet for too long.

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:14 pm
Stablehand

Losa would probably have a fit if he knew she was wandering around without a guard, after recent weeks, security around her, her family and the key members of her council, what was left of it at any rate. It was best that she go alone to the inn operated by Ariela and Alec, best that she hold some dicussions in private far away from the eyes and ears at the hall of shadows.
The news she brought with her weighed heavily on her shoulders. Not because those that she sought to tell would be greatly affected by the loss, they would however be gravely concerned for the other that was involved....

Three women sat around a table, one with eyes like a deer, the other eyes like emeralds and the third with eyes like a deep blue sea. Two sat stunned, unsure of what to say, if they should say anything at all while they listened intently to the story unfold. Only when Kiara was through did the conversation open up....

YOU had people spying on her? How did you find all this out?

No, not spying really, I just had a few people scattered here and there keeping their ears opened, she left the hall so abruptly after you were found Raynie and we didnt know if any one of us were still in danger. Alright so maybe someone was spying, not that it did any good. Shes got wards set all over that damn keep, and that orb of hers made getting anyone on the inside damn near impossible.

Then how do you know all this?

People talk, she keeps two on staff, a nanny for her son, and a groundskeeper, seems he saw the whole damn thing, including the part where she just tossed herself off the balcony, scared him damn near to death, and it scared him enough to run to town screaming.

Alright, I can see that happening, but how is it ye know whats been goin' on beyond them walls Jade?

At this point Kiara turned a bright red, and she ran a hand through her hair...

I said getting someone on the inside was damn near impossible, I didnt say it wasnt done... her scrying pool in the tower at the hall Ray, I know the spell to reverse the ward...

YOU USED THE POOL? Gods above Jade she'll kill you.

I dont think shes going to be much into killing anyone right now... how is she holding up?

Shes lucky she knows her own name. I dont think she expected Guidion to... she wasnt prepared for that consequence... shes angry at him, at herself, she cries constantly, she is in alot of pain...

I should go to her, I know the place she is at, I remember all to well being where she is now...

Maybe but this is different Ray, shes not totally alone.

All three at the same time spoke the same name. Kain was with Oriana.

True but that doesnt mean she is hurting any less. It doesnt mean that I dont know what being torn in two feels like.

Catching the meaning behind the elfs words Kiara nodded in understanding. Raynalia was indeed caught in a trap that was eating away at her, tearing at her from both sides.

Maybe you should go see her, but not now Ray, its still to fresh. What she needs...

What she needs is Gabriel. They both still have wounds, this may help them both heal, might finally close that rift.

You know where he is dont you? Not that it is important, I wont tell a soul Rayne, I know how difficult its been for you, but sooner or later you are going to have to make up your mind. Alright then, you find Gabriel, tell him of his brother in laws death, that his sister needs him. He'll go running like his britches were on fire I'm sure, he may really be what she needs.

Silence fell over the empty inn, the three women sat at a table each having nothing more to say....

Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:00 pm
Peasant

His brother had insisted on so much on people being watched and all. He did not care, he was not some child. Something was missing a part of him was not right. The space between him and Rayne was hurting him. He did not care about much anymore. Losa had tried to make sure that he was taken care of but Con would just push it off. He cared little about anyhting. He cared about his family and as he thought about his family tears came to his eyes he had to get away from the hall for a few moments.

He left a note for Rayne as he always would even though he never knew when or if she would be around. He sighed and started walking. He got it in his mind to go visit the Inn that the others had been talking about. He had told Ariela they were friends so he figured maybe a new setting would do him good for a drink or maybe some food. He had barely eaten as of late. Everything was wearing on him so much the taken of Rayne, the deaths, and now the gaps that they had seemed to start to repair we wanting to come up again. He could not let them destroy one of the only things in the world that mattered to him, mattering to his heart to his very soul. He felt aches like he had never known before. He had been married once before but it was nothing like this. It was nothing like what he felt now, and what he had felt since he and Rayne got together. For him it was somehting more, something almost magical.

As he got closer to the Tavern he got a sensation and he knew what it meant, It meant that Rayne was close by, he sighed. He could continue to the Tavern and maybe she would not be there, but maybe she would be. He did not want to go and interrupt anything. He was trying to be understanding and do things that would not be seen as being overly protective, or following her or anything. His shoulders sagged and he turned himself away from the tavern and started in a different direction.

Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Stablehand

What an odd day its' been, thought the woman as she walked the darkened streets of the latest town she stopped in during her travels. One time too many complete strangers would approach her calling her by name but then as quickly as they approached, they would turn away mutter apologies claiming mistaken identity. Mistaken identity seemed a valid enough reason, she had never been to the town before, knew no one who lived in any of the charming little houses she had seen thus far, what cause would any have to know her, or her name when even she didn't know just who she was. Sure, she knew her name, knew that for as long as she could remember she travled from town to town hiring out her services as a healer, she was skilled in the ways of healing, herbs and remedies were her specialty, these things she had learned when she was young, taught by an old woman who had taken her in when she was very small, found wandering the streets of a less than respectable realm. The old woman now dead for the better part of seven years had been the only real family she ever had. So how could it be that so many in one little town spoke as if they knew her only, it was a thought she kept pondering even while she opened the doors to a tavern that looked quite new. She was hoping that she would find a better atmosphere than the previous tavern she had made the mistake of entering....

Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:47 pm
Stablehand

Or maybe she just needs a night away from being her... course I could be wrong but...

None of us had noticed her coming in, or taking a seat at a table at the far side of room, at least I hadn't seen her until I had gotten off my butt for refreshment refills and there she was. Hiding damn near in the corner. Funny, she didn't look like someone who was in mourning. Far from it. She looked bright, content, much less tired looking than I would expect someone in her position to look. I had no idea what to make of it really. Until I decided to go over and say something, maybe pass along my sympathies or something along those lines. Thank the gods I didn't get too far, if I would have said anything I sure as hell would have felt like an idiot. The resemblence between this woman and Oriana was uncanny. They could have passed not only for sisters but twins, right down to the very last curl on their heads. My jaw was on the floor. Whoever she was, she wasn't Oriana. If Kiara and Raynalia hadn't noticed her yet, you can bet I was going to point her out. I sat down again and leaned forward to keep my words from being overheard. I swear I felt like the town gossip but damn, it's not everyday you see two of the same woman walking around.

Ladies, take a look over near the corner.

Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:10 pm
Stablehand

Kain and Oriana had spent the past day discovering themselves even more, and dealing with what happened to Guidion. Kain thought it best if she got out for a bit, he himself could use a break. The past month had been full of death, and misery. Admist all of this sorrow and sadness arose a new love, one discovered between the warrior and the mage. No one had intended for it to happen it just did. Kain called his steed once outside of the tower, sure the mage could teleport them to their destination, but he thought it best if she got some fresh air. Helping her onto the steed, he too hopped up onto it. Asking it to take him to The Fools Rush In Tavern & Inn in the elvish tongue. The horse started trotting along and Kain took the mage's hand in his as they rode along viewing the countryside. There have been many days in which I roam the country, aimlessly. Not caring if I lost myself to the world, just taking in the serenity of nature. Escaping the hardships of war and life. Now, with you I find purpose, and no need to wonder aimlessly. He looked at her and smiled, wrapping his arms around her.

It was not long before they came close to town and the horse stopped, waiting for it's riders to get off, Kain hopped off and then helped Oriana down. Thanking the creature, the midnight black horse took off into the country side, while Kain took Oriana's hand and walked towards the tavern. It was established shortly after the incident involving Rayne, Gabriel, and the others, run by Ariela. It was growing on evening when they finally arrived, opening the door for her, he let Oriana step in ahead of him, stepping in himself he took a look around the tavern.

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:44 am
Peasant

The hood of her black robes covered her head, hid her face, stepping inside the newly founded establishment had taken every bit of her will, so unsure of herself, if she were ready to step out into the world, to be seen by anyone. Kain gentle pursuaded her to come with him, and she knew she could not stay locked away forever. The impact of recent events had overwhelmed the mage sending her into darkness causing her to question her very exsistance, Kain had been so patient, how could she tell him she wasnt ready to face anyone, that she still hurt. It didnt matter that Guidions soul still lingered, by all rights, he was gone and that was something she didnt think she could ever live with. She had to try though, for her sake, and for the sake of a new love. Now she stood inside the walls of the inn and seeing Kiara, Ariela and Raynalia together she stepped back and bumped into Kain. Her hand snaked around to grip his leg, her back pressed against him, she felt like a rabbit caught in a hunters trap. Tilting her head back slightly she whispered to him hoarsley.

I cant do this. I thought I could, but I cant....

It occured to the mage then, that the inn was new, there were no memories to haunt her... maybe she could stay after all...

To calm herself she turned and wrapped her arms around his neck just for a moment and brought her lips close to his ear.

I'm glad you found purpose beloved, maybe this will do me good, and you deserve to be out after having to deal with me being a lunatic, maybe I can do this...

Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:13 am
Stablehand

He knew it might be difficult for her to face the world once again. One very close to her had passed on, from what Kain knew, at least his body was no longer of this world. She pulled her hood up just before they came into town. The black robe gently hung from her shoulders, as they entered the tavern Oriana suddenly pressed her back into him, and she placed a hand on his leg. I cant do this. I thought I could, but I cant.... She turned to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck, and whispering into his ear. ..me being a lunatic, maybe I can do this... She pulled away slightly and looked at him, he leaned in and placed a small kiss on her lips and pulled away. This is a new world for both you and I my love. Her eyes were like windows, that let him see into her very thought, as his was to her. He loved her as well as one new to love could do so. He had felt love before, but it was never like this, before it was like a brother loves a sister, a son loves a mother. This was different, and completely new to him. For almost thirty years Kain Dragonhand had been shut away from the world, thrown into a cell with no key... no there was a key, and that was the woman before him, the woman he loved. Thirty years was lost to him, now he shall make up for it. Gently bringing his hand up to her face when he kissed he, he slid back her hood. Revealing to all the beautiful ebony curls. They hung down, framing her face, and he smiled as he said, You can do it my love...

Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:55 am
Peasant

He stood back away from the tavern and sighed. Inside that Tavern was a woman he considered his friend, something he did not consider many people. And then there was also the woman he considered his everything, his little elf. He sighed and he wrote a note and sent a young messenger to the tavern. He did not concern himself that the messenger was a young lady and not a lad. He gave her instructions to deliver it to Ariela Ravine and that was it.

He stood back and then headed back towards the hall of shadows when all he wanted to do was go in thier and see his wife. Though his first purpose was originally to come see see the Inn and Tavern that Ariela was so proud of.

The young lady went into the Tavern and looked around. Seeing the woman at the table she walked over.

Excuse me Misses I am looking for an Ariela Ravine, a man asked me to come and give her a note.

She waited until Ariela had and read the note.

Ariela,

I was going to come by and see this Inn and Tavern that you have been so excited about. I realizeed that my wife was there and I did not want her to think that I was following her. I must say it is a very nice looking place. Sometime I will be back to see what all that you have. Congratulations I hope you find all that you are looking for in that venture

Condrik

He had wanted to let her know that he had intended to come but he was sure that she would understand why he changed his mind. The messenger had paid attention to which way he went and she looked up at her.

Miss is there anything that you would like me to bring back to him. I know the way which he went.

Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:09 am
Stablehand

He had gone to go into the Tavern, Losa was with Aidan so he was free to do as he wished. He went to walk in and then he saw Kain and Oriana together. He could not get out of there fast enough. He had heard bits that maybe Oriana had moved on to someone else but he surely was not going to stand there and have to see it. He moved from the tavern and he left. He went back to the hall to get the few things that he had brought with him. Then without a word to anyone he left. Seeing her with someone else even for the briefest of time that he had seen had torn him apart. He was not looking back this time, he wished he had died that time when he came so close to dying now maybe the next time he would just give into death. She had been the underlying reason why he had not the first time, now he would have no reason the next time.

He left the hall not stopping to see anyone. He went in search of something new, but he was going to find a tavern and first take care of his mood that way. Maybe he would even find some company.

Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:59 am
Stablehand

Kiara looked at Ariela with a raised brow and a slight smirk on her lips. Not a cocky smirk, more like a " did you forget who you were talking to" kind of smirk. Alecs sister didnt need to direct her attentions to the woman sitting way across the room, Kiara had noticed her as soon as she had walked in and damn near made the mistake of approaching the woman herself until she noticed the slight difference... a mole, tiny and not noticable really unless someone really looked, was on her cheek. She had also noticed Starfire come and go, but saw that the man was in no mood to be bothered, the reason quite obvious, Oriana, the real Oriana, and Kain had just come into the tavern. Words were exchanged between the two, the mage had her back to everyone so it was impossible to tell how she was fairing, by the way she carried herself, it was easy to tell that she was not quite sure of herself, or of being at Arielas. Leaning forward she whispered...

So we'll divide and conquer. Ariela can go talk to the lady, after all she is the owner of the place and should be waiting on patrons. Rayne and I will get to Ori and then we can all come right back here and...

She was cut off by a girl, not more than fourteen or fifteen who had excused herself for interrupting then proceeded to hand Ariela a message. Curious glances shared between Kiara and Rayne while they waited for Ariela to finish her business...

Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:28 pm
Stablehand

I'm sure you can imagine how surprised I was to be handed a letter sent by Condrik. I wasn't about to tell Kiara or Raynalia who it was from or what it contained, you have to understand, for weeks I have been trying to get Con to see there is more to life than Raynalia. Mind you I don't think that she is a bad woman, I've said it countless number of times, I just don't think it's good for any one person to completely depend on another to give them life. And that is exactly what Condrik is doing. Getting to my feet I politely excused myself and told those two that I would go talk to the Oriana look a like after I had taken care of a matter more important.
I always keep parchment and quill complete with ink close at hand, makes for easy access when numbers need to be jotted down or something along those lines. This time a return message was in need of writing...

Pal,
I appreciate your writing and telling me why you haven't honored me with your presence yet and I understand. If you can bear to, there is another entrance you can come in through, a side door near the kitchens, from there if you'd like you can take the stairs from the kitchen that lead to the floor above, pick any room you wish and I will be more than happy to meet with you. It's been a while since we've talked, I've been so busy and you have been in hiding, it feels like it anyway, so I hope you will consider joining me tonight....

Ariela

Sealing the message I sent it off with the girl with instructions that she was to take the message straight to the man for whom it was intended and that once her task was done, she could return for a hot meal as thanks for her services. Of course I was still getting looks from the women..

My business is my own ladies, I don't pry where it's not wanted don't be thinking to do it to me.... now go take care of that mage, I'll deal with the other in my own time...

All of a sudden, I really don't feel like tangling with anyone, I just wish everyone would leave, well not everyone, just one....

Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:00 pm
Peasant

She nodded to Ariela. Yes Ma'am I will bring it to him right away.

She left and took off in the direction that the man had went. Catching up to him she gave him the response. He smiled and thanked her and gave her a small bag with the different coins in it but more than what most would see in a months time. He read the note.

Tell her I might I am not sure and I will send a messenger if I can.

The girl hurried back to the tavern the sound of having a good meal was what made her hurry. She looked up when she saw Ariela spilling out.

Misses the man said he is not sure but he will try and send a messenger. Is that your boyfriend ma'am he is the type of guy I want to marry when I get older, does he have a son? I am near that age when I need to start thinking about it and he does have good eyes.

She smiled and thought for a moment and then looked up to the lady wondering if she was going to get in trouble for thinking like that.

Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:30 pm
Stablehand

Is that your boyfriend ma'am he is the type of guy I want to marry when I get older, does he have a son?

By the look on her face the lass was serious, as much as I wanted to I couldn't laugh, young women especially ones close to her age are somewhat fragile and who am I to do anything to upset her? I smiled instead and waved her off towards an empty table...

Girl sit your skinny butt down, theres' no need to be rushing about looking for a man, enjoy being young while you can. If you must know though, he is not my boyfriend, he however a very good friend and a good man, any woman would be lucky to have him

I couldn't help but look over at the table where Raynalia sat with Kiara, the elf just didn't know what she had, instead she sat with her thoughts lingering on someone they had no business lingering on. I couldn't exactly jugde her though, one has no control over their heart, Oriana alone was proof enough of that, though I think with Oriana, well, I won't get into that...
I damn near fell over though, and now I bet your wondering why. I realized something... I am just a little bit jealous... just a little bit.

Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:35 pm
Peasant

Such hope rested in the eyes of the warrior it was hard for the mage not believe the words spoken. For too long she had let guilt consume her, guilt for hurting Guidion, she had considered many a thing in the hopes of easing the inner turmoil she had brought upon herself, one was to summon her father to her knowing if he were to come, she would be locked away in the Isle of Winds, a self imposed exile so to speak, another was to leave the man standing before her with shining eyes and a soft voice, leave him and find someway to bring Guidion back to her, another was simply to find her own end. Yet as she stood there looking into Kains face, she could see that world of which he spoke. She loved Guidion, she did not need to convince herself or anyone else of that, but as she had said many a time before, that love had changed in its own small way, that did not mean it was not just as strong. For a moment she felt a prick of anger. How dare she even think to beat herself up, how dare she even think of leaving. She no longer cared what anyone thought, she was not responsible for what Guidion did to his physical form .... he had died for her... but for all the wrong reasons. Now she nodded slowly, her curls bobbing against her shoulders...

I can do this. The only thing is, I really do not feel up to talking to any of them Kain. I can sit here with you content, I just dont feel up to their questions or the looks I know I will get. They are my dearest friends, but they are not what I need right now. Sit with me beloved, and lets talk of happy things....

Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:31 pm
Stablehand

He was glad that she was willing to try. Understanding what she was saying he nodded, and gently squeezed her hand. He looked about the room, all of her friends were there, and indeed they would want to talk with her. He spied the corner booth, it was empty, taking her by the hand he walked towards it. Rayne looked over, Kain smiled and nodded, as he brought Oriana to her seat, her back against the room. He sat down opposite of her, and smiled, it's not so bad. He stared into her eyes, knowing she still hurt. Deep inside she did, but she needed to take these small steps into the outside world, as much as he needed to take these steps with the newfound emotions flooding his being. The two were on the brink of insanity, he had only one thing for certain, his love for her. Taking her hand as he sat across from her he squeezed it again, can I get you a drink love? He thought about it, unsure if he should get up and leave her by herself, or what. He was so focused on her he hadn't noticed the woman who looked like a twin of hers sitting across the room.

Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:12 pm
Peasant

Who were they trying to fool? Kain loved her and she loved him, but as she sat across from him, looking at him thinking over the events that had brought them to where they were, she knew that love had been disguised as something other than what it was meant to be. The more she looked at him, the more she saw their purpose for one another. She was to open the doors welcoming him to life, and he was to show her that it was alright to be soft, to stop taking the weight of the world on her shoulders. The more she looked at him, the more she saw what her mother must have seen when she looked at him. She loved him, she would do anything for him, but her heart, her soul truly belonged to one man and one man alone, it was that man that kept her from giving herself to Kain in body, that man who had kept her from sharing that piece of herself, her very essence as she had done with Guidion. The realization hit her so hard she gasped and her eyes went wide while a hand reached out to clutch Kains arm. She waved him to sit with her free hand when he saw her in distress and almost jumped from his chair. For a few moments the two just looked at one another, and in those moments, she knew, he knew that the nature of their togetherness had been taken completely out of context. Her next thought was of Guidion and she bit her lip hard enough to draw blood in order to stop herself from screaming. She destroyed the one man who had breathed life into her, the one man she would need and love for the rest of her days. When she could trust herself to speak the words came choked and hoarse....

We cannot do this, Kain I love you and I know you love me, but you know, you can feel it, it may be strong, even stronger than what was shared between you and my mother, but it is not the kind of love we tried to make it be.... this.... isnt who we are, how we were meant to be....
I... WE cannot do this... look at me Kain, REALLY look at me... for all that you have said you know what you really see when you look at me.... you see me how you saw my mother... you are my champion, you have been since the day I was born, you ARE my best friend, the one I know would never turn his back on me no matter what, and I know you would die for me, but you know what I say is true...

Her heart shattered then, into a thousand tiny shards and tears welled in her violet eyes spilling silently over her cheeks...

Even if I am wrong Kain, I...I cant love you, I cant love anyone, not like that, because deep in my heart, nestled in my soul.... there is only Guidion...

Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:24 am
Stablehand

She poured herself out to him, and the words were like daggers to his heart. Wrenching at his stomach, making him sick. Was it true? Could it be possible that what they had, what they made themselves beleive they had was nothing but a lie? She loved Guidion, he knew that, he would never try to replace that. Tears welled in his eyes as she went on. I... WE cannot do this... look at me Kain, REALLY look at me he looked at her, he loved her... he tried to deny it. He didn't want to beleive it, not one bit. for all that you have said you know what you really see when you look at me.... you see me how you saw my mother No... he never loved Mara like he did Oriana, never. She was different, but the more he thought about it, the more it held true. He did all he could to push the thought out of his head. Even if I am wrong Kain, I...I cant love you, I cant love anyone, not like that, because deep in my heart, nestled in my soul.... there is only Guidion... So, his fear had come true... Guidion was a lucky man, he had something Kain always wanted, and even with him gone he still had her. Who was he to think that it was right for her to be at his side. The pain, the ice cold chill that travelled down his spine unnerved him. Tears poured out, his gut wrenched again, he wanted to puke. He wanted anything but what he was hearing.

We cannot do this, Kain I love you and I know you love me, but you know, you can feel it, it may be strong, even stronger than what was shared between you and my mother, but it is not the kind of love we tried to make it be.... this.... isnt who we are, how we were meant to be.... Was it true, he searched through himself over and over and over. Denying it, not wanting to beleive, holding onto the last hope. Until finally he realized she was correct, it was not his place. No... he still denied it.

I.. I.. no Oriana, NO! He got up and stormed for the exit of the tavern, he had to get away, he had to go somewhere, he had to be free. Free of the walls of the inn, free of the bounds of his love for Oriana, free from it all. Solitude was what he needed. Time to think.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:41 am
Peasant

She fought to keep herself in the chair she was sitting in, fought not to rise and give chase, as much as she wanted to run after him, she knew if she did, there could be damage done that would be irrepairable. A soft smile turned the corners of her mouth, though there was no reason for her to be smiling given what had just happened, she knew he needed time for it all to sink in, time to think it through and see that she was right. She believed with her whole heart that he would see the truth and when all was said and done, they would be who and what they were meant to be. She did not deny that they loved one another, she only righted a wrong they were both in the process of making by believing that love to be more. What Kain did not know, what she dared not speak of in front of him, was that she had heard the winds whispers, heard of the bond forming between her champion and a certain tortured young lady, it was not because of her that the mage spoke the words she had, no those words fell because they were true... Kain only had to look to see.... Sitting alone now she put her head in one handand with a gentle push she sent one thought to the warrior...

You need time, I understand that so I will not pry Kain, just know that you have taught me lessons that I will be forever grateful for... do not shut yourself away Kain, you are loved my champion you will forever be... think, reflect on our time and you will know that I am right... go to her Kain... she will make you see....

Rising from her chair Oriana took the small walk from the main room of the tavern to the rooms above without saying so much as word to anyone.... she needed time of her own, time to deal with the crushing consequences of the lessons she had indeed learned....

Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:56 am
Stablehand

Once outside, Kain drew his blade, quick aggressive, precise movements forced it to hum, and soon his steed appeared. Sheathing the weapon he rode off aimlessly. Thinking on the past few weeks, and what had happened. Replaying scenes over, and over again in his head. He recalled words he said earlier this very evening. There have been many days in which I roam the country, aimlessly. Not caring if I lost myself to the world, just taking in the serenity of nature. Escaping the hardships of war and life. Now, with you I find purpose, and no need to wonder aimlessly. Now here he was, roaming aimlessly, the direction and guidance she had brought him was gone. Shattered and broken, crying in denial, Kain rode on into the sunset. Tears flooded his eyes, far from civilization he was lost. Or so he thought, You need time, I understand that so I will not pry Kain, just know that you have taught me lessons that I will be forever grateful for... do not shut yourself away Kain, you are loved my champion you will forever be... think, reflect on our time and you will know that I am right... go to her Kain... she will make you see.... He contemplated her words for what seemed eternity, alone with his steed, fatigue wieghed on him more than ever before, even after wading through thousands of foes on the field of battle after days of no sleep had he not been this exhausted. Torn apart, by the very woman who he poured his heart out too. He wouldn't fully understand what truth lay in her words until he met with the woman whom she told him to goto. She mentioned no name, but he knew who she spoke of. It wouldn't be until after that meeting that he realized the role that Oriana and himself had together. It wouldn't be until after that meeting that he realized Oriana did truly give him direction in life. Until then he roamed, hurt, alone, a kalaidescope of emotion moving in no particular direction across the countryside.

go to her Kain... she will make you see.... The words hung heavy about him, as he made his way to find her. Deep within the lands he called home, within the city of Tiavain.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:09 am
Stablehand

Ori girl.. Raynalia knocked gently on the door seperating her from the woman on the other side, the sounds of soft crying reached her pointed ears much like the conversation that had taken place below between Oriana and Kain had found their way to her hearing. Giving no reason for why she all but flew up the stairs the elf left Kiara and Ariela on their own to weave their own trouble, Oriana was a sister to her and her sister needed her more than the two imps below. Entering the room she saw the mage, knees drawn, locked in by arms hugging tightly to her legs, her cheeks wet. Right off the elf went and sat on the edge of the bed resting her hand on the mages shoulder. I wasnt snooping Ori, you know I cant help but over hear sometimes.... its true then? Guidion is gone and you have sent Kain off? Why Oriana? Why would you allow so much to happen knowing that in the end, you would find yourself without Guidion? Was the lesson Kain needed to learn worth the cost? She hadnt meant to sound as if she were blaming the mage, she knew herself all too well what it was to sacrifice the one thing loved most above all others just for the sake of another, it was hard for her to understand it all however. Still her friend did not need to be reminded and that was not her intention for going to her. I'm sorry Ori, I didnt mean for it to sound the way it did, Kain needed you as much as you needed him, I only wish that you did not have to be the one to hurt. I wish there was something I could do to make it easier for you. You deserve to be loved, to be happy just as much as any of us. Dont give up Oriana, sometimes hope is the one thing that keeps us strong. Dam it all, there really was nothing she could do, nothing she could say that would make everything alright for the mage. Someone was going to have to do something before Oriana sunk so far into herself that she was unreachable, from the look in the mages eye, it was clear that they were all on the brink of losing her to herself.

Somewhere I belong

Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:30 pm
Peasant

What of your hope Raynalia? Does your hope make you strong? What is your hope?...

Dull glazed over violet eyes that once shone with such brightness now bore into the elf maid, not in anger, she did not have the strength for anger, or for much else. Even speaking was a chore she was not quite up to but the elf had come to her and she could not turn her away.

You ask if the lesson was worth the cost, perhaps you need to look inside yourself for the answer. Are you not the one whose heart still beats strong for my brother though you have a husband who would die for you? You want to know why? I dont know why Raynalia. My family is tied into Kain so deeply that during a moment when all seemed lost, when Kain and I were at our darkest hours, we found our way back to the light with one another. Do not mistake my meaning, he did need me, to learn to live and I needed him for his strength, his patience, his ability to see that the weight of the world does not fall on one person alone. He taught me more than I could ever explain to you, it was a lesson I had to learn, and I have sacrficed so much for that knowledge, but I have also grown from it. There is nothing anyone can do Rayne. I have lost Guidion and I will live the rest of my life however long that may be knowing that.

Slipping from the bed she went to the window half expecting to see a willow tree on the grounds below, she came to realize the inn was the first she had ever stepped in where there was no tree. The nothingness brought a chill to her bones and she wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

Rayne, I know you have come up here with the best of intentions, but I need you to leave. I need to be alone.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:52 pm
Stablehand

Respecting the wishes of her friend the elf took her leave closing the door softly behind her. Instead of going back down the stairs and rejoining the others she sat at the top step thinking over what Oriana had said, how the mage had questioned her. What answers could she have given? She had come to the inn that night only to rest until the morning, come dawn she was fully prepared to leave town and leave behind the people in it. She was caught in her own personal hell, between not wanting to hurt Condrik but needing Gabriel, there was no easy way other than to leave them both, leave them all. If she left she would not have to tread lightly around Gabriel and he would not have to worry for her or feel guilt any more than he already had, and Condrik would be spared the pain of what would ultimately be betrayal. She was the problem for the two men, leaving had been her answer to that problem. However, she had not expected to find Kiara already at the inn, though she shouldnt have been surprised. Ariela owned the inn with Alec, and Alec was Kiaras dear friend so of course she would be there for opening night. When she was nearly dragged to a table, she gave the impression that everything was alright, if they had thought anything more, either she would have been questioned like she were part of an inqusition or there would have been some sort of fight, Condrik after all was Losas brother and Kiara would have defended him, and Oriana, who arrived later, was Gabriels brother and she would have defended him. So she held her tounge until she saw Oriana upset and running up the stairs. She saw it as the perfect opportunity to excuse herself and get away. Now she sat with tears in her eyes, doubting everything about herself. She was angry with herself for knowing that Condrik was going to be hurt no matter what she did and she was angry because she could not force herself to live a lie the rest of her days with him. Then there was Gabriel, whom she had left standing in a clearing... Shaking her head she rose, found a room at the far end of the hall and slipped inside. She would rest for the night and in the morning she would be gone. That she thought was the only way.

Somewhere I belong

Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:06 am
Peasant

He had stopped and headed back to the tavern. He was going to face Rayne at sometime and now would be as good as time as any. She had been avoiding him since her meeting with Gabriel and he had some suspicions of things that he would not even think of right then. He did however tell Ariela that he would visit sometime and now was going ot be just as good as any. He entered the tavern quietly and he stood near a wall he was always one ot enjoy things from the shadows.

He knew he needed to talk to Rayne and find out what was going on they still had a son to see buried. But that was not her first concern her first concern was running after to talk to the man who had brought so much trouble and torment to her life. The man that walked out on her even when she begged him not too. He knew that Gabriel and Oriana were up to no good when it came to him and Rayne. He would not doubt for a moment that Oriana had found or Gabriel found a way to turn Rayne against him. But he had to hold the hope in her words of the night that she disappeared and her word from that night he would believe.

Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:01 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next