It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Father Blu's - Grand Reopening (ALL) 
Traveler

Post Father Blu's - Grand Reopening (ALL)
The tavern, stocked with every potable imaginable, is but part of this site, though it is the largest draw.

The keystone emblazoned with the symbol of the Crusaders of the Realms adorns the front door, with a warning to all heathens to check their weapons with the Changeling Guard before entering.

Well in excess of 10 acres (including five detached cottages within the grounds)! A Jell-O pit, the size of a volcano, with a new whipped cream topping, a three wagon-sized card playing table, a fireplace large enough to grill Elk, with a mantel, ensconced with COR treasures from long ago, a memorial tablet with forgotten warriors names engraved upon it, and a huge Spa, are but part of what is included in the facility.

The Spa includes a masseuse, (provided by Darden), with table, three Hot Rooms, for Males, Females, and Mixed, as well as Baths, also so designated.

Included in the courtyard are a smithy (also provided by Darden), and a Meditation Garden.

In the tavern part, in anticipation of the hungry crowds, is

JoT's Cart

Double Quest Burger with Panzer sauce

Alundra's Bratshnorkers

Red Baron's Philly Cheesesteak

Baby Back Yax Ribs

Bucket o Tuber Totsâ„¢

Ravenia's Original Shnackersâ„¢

Assorted Flavored Nub Nuts ala Moogle

Jackal's Gobstoppers and Nubstoppers

Avail's Cheesy Poufs

Orange Root Freezy

Bran's Spicy Sausage Snacksâ„¢

Cehere's Sssmmmooogles, Baked Fresh Daily,
~in a variety of flavors~

Vagabond's Haven CHEESE

Over the bar hangs a sign:
"Lime Freezes"

Bran stood alone in the middle of the great room. The sheets that had been placed across the furnishings where as he and Aidan had left them; for that matter the magical seal that had been placed upon the door has been intact so what did he expect.

He grabbed the corner of one of the sheets and flicked it off with a snap of his wrist. Dust flew everywhere and Bran doubled over in a coughing fit.

Rubbing the dirt from his eyes and pounding the dust from his jacket, Bran decided that perhaps, just perhaps he needed to do a little cleaning first. He went and rummaged around in one of the closets and discovered a semi-decent mop and bucket, along with some rags and a broom.

He rolled up his sleeves and got to work. Dust flew like there was no tomorrow and in no time the entire tavern was sparkling. Sitting back on one of the barstools, Bran poured himself a drink from the antique spigot and drained a nice mug of Guinness Stout. It was then that he noticed the bell.

It was a normal looking bell, nothing decorative about it at all. It just set there, somewhat tarnished and bit rusty looking but otherwise seemed to be in good condition. The question was though, where had it come from because he knew that earlier, not five minutes previously, there had been a bell on the bar.

Cautiously he approached the bell and reached out his hand and slapped the top of it.

“TING!!!”

A single high-pitched ring of the bell echoed throughout the building. The bell became smoke and wafted back towards the bar without the help of any kind of wind or current in the building.

A figure began to coalesce behind the bar. First there was smoke, then the smoke took on the shape of a man, next came the ghostly features – a kind of see through foggy quality that was soon replaced by a solid, physical manifestation.

”Greetin’s Master Bran, I see that some time has passed since I last serv’d up a drink or a sandwich to a hungry warrior.”, Said the man that now stood behind the bar.

He was dressed in striped shirt with a leather vest thrown on top, strapped to his sides were a collection of throwing knives. Leaning next to him at the bar was a large wooden cudgel.

By the three, thought Bran, it’s Balthus the Barkeep! Who knew that he was such a “part” of Blu’s!

”Balthus, I think that the opening of Blu’s is long overdo in these new lands. In fact I am taking a chance bringing it here to the island of Maxim for I am not sure how we shall be received.”

Balthus calmly reached under the bar and removed a cleaning rag and a glass and began to wipe it inside and out. He sat it down and picked up another and repeated the process.

”Master Bran I think that all we shall have to do is place the sign back outside and see who shall arrive.”

Bran looked around the room and noticed some objects that had not been there before – a ladder and a large wooden sign. Shaking his head in wonder, Bran picked the ladder up and went outside, set it up and then returned into the tavern for the sign.

The sign was of beautiful craftsmanship with a great, vibrantly colored, picture of a monk in a blue robe on it. Underneath the picture in gold leaf lettering was the name of the tavern – Father Blu’s. Picking up the heavy sign, Bran lugged it out the door and climbed the ladder. Gingerly he placed it on the two hooks that were attached to a long outstretched beam over the front door.

As he stepped off of the last step of the ladder the ladder faded away and an amazing thing began to happen. From where the sign hung, the exterior of the building began to brighten. In a matter of minutes the building that had looked rather drab and in need of a new coat of paint was clean and brilliant. The keystone above the door seemed to be carved a new and the glass in the windows glittered in the light of the shining sun.

Walking back into the tavern a little shocked and somewhat bewildered Bran took his seat back at the bar and Balthus handed him a drink.

”Now we wait, to see who shall enter the door of Father Blu’s for the first time or for a return from far off lands. Cheers Balthus, Father Blu’s is back.

Balthus smiled at Bran’s words and continued to clean the glasses and the other crockery. He knew it was only a matter of time….

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:37 pm
Stablehand

Graham hurried in, brushed past the doorgaurd, into the room adorned for quite the party.

He looked about frantically, one hand in midair, almost as if to grasp a sword hilt or somone's collar, the other, his hand placed firmly on the lower part of his stomach.

"Quick! you! barkeep!" he barked.

"The outhouse! The restroom! The biggest bunch of bushes, tell me quickly, please!"

He snatched a towel somone had been using to wipe off a table, and ran off in that direction, still clutching his stomach.

A minute, two minutes passed. Finnaly, Graham returned, an exhausted look on his face, and the towel gone.

"Do... do not," he panted "do not ever eat too much soup, not withought something else, some bread, or some meat, or something. But soup alone, no, just... just don't..."

He slowly clambored up to the bar, breathed a deep sigh, and asked the keep for something strong, dry, hoppy, and some bread. Some good, dry, thick bread. And no soup.
- Graham

Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:10 am
Traveler

Bran watched as the disheveled man ran through the tavern, in an obvious panic, waving his hands in the air and hollering for the outhouse.

The man had snatched up the towel that Bran had been using earlier and disappeared in the direction that both he and Balthus had pointed.

Two, three minutes passed and the man returned look much better and with a slight smile on his face. He stepped up to the bar and ordered one of the house ales along with a generous portion of the baked bread whose mouthwatering aroma was wafting in through the kitchen doors.

Bran swiveled on his stool and eyed the man for a moment. The man did not look familiar nor did he appear to be wearing the colors of any recognizable guild in Tonan. Realizing he was being rude by staring, Bran began to speak.

Greetings sir, I see that you are a fan of outhouses as well as mead and bread. Bran said with a flourish of his hand toward the rear of the building as well as the food and beverages now placed in front of the man.

My name is Bran, the barkeep is Balthus and this tavern is Father Blu's. I am sure you noticed the sing prohibiting weapons within the building? Usually that is enough for everyone but Balthus here, he keeps the order in his own special way.

Balthus raised a huge, gnarled oaken cudgel from behind the bar and turned it this way and that so that the man could see just how big and nasty looking it really was.

So, Welcome to Father Blu's friend, I hope your stay is a memorable one.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:23 pm
Stablehand

Lost and dazed, she wandered aimlessly up the path to the building in front of her. She had a vague sense of familiarity with the place around her, but the feeling flitted away before she could grasp what it was.

Her head swam and she grasped the door jam as she pushed open the door. Color and sounds and smells made her dizzy as her mind tried to make sense of what she was seeing.

Travel worn and thin with malnourishment, she stepped past the threshold and saw the broad back of a man standing near what seemed to be a bar. She reached and hand and touched his shoulder. There was soemthing definately familiar about him.

He turned with a questioning look upon his face. Her head spun as his face and the face of another man flashed through her mind. His was almost identical to the one she looked at now. Brothers? Twins? A sharp pain stabbed her chest at the second man's face, she closed her eyes tightly and gripped the man's shoulder harder.

Her voice cracked as she tried to speak.

Where am I? What is this place?

Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:11 am
Traveler

The touch on his shoulder had been unexpected, no more so than the person it was who had touched him.

She looked tired, thin, almost malnourished; but she was till recognizable. The questing eyes, the shimmering brown hair, the small worry line that appeared bewteen her eyes when she scowled.

Quote:
Where am I? What is this place?

Her question caught Bran off guard. Surely she recognized Blu's? Granted it had been a few years since it had been open, and there were some things that were diferent, as in its location - that spell had set Bran back a pretty penny - but she had to know where she was....

Renna! Renna, its me Bran!

He tooke her by the shoulders and gave her a big squeeze. This was the wife of his brother, a woman who had been an important part of his like since the day that he and Aidan had first met her.

Aidan. The thought of his brother casued him to pause. Renna was here without him, that in and of itself was strange.

You are in a land called Tonan by some, Maxim by others. How you got here is unknown to me but the place you find yourself in should be as familar to you as your own home, for that is what it once was.

Welcome to Father Blu's my lady.

Bran bowed with a flourish, his thoughts still lingering on his brothers fate but the questiosn would have to wait till another time. Renna looked to be close to collapsing and Bran did not want to over burden her with questions that could be answered later.

Come Renna, take a seat and I will have Balthus bring you something. The man in the corner there is unknown to me, a traveller stopping in to have bite to eat and a good draught of ale.

Anything is yours for the asking, if you would like to bathe and chagne clothes that can be aragned. In fact I beleive that there are still some articles of clothing that belong to you in the room that you and Aidan share.

Bran watched her carefully, her condition truely concerning him and the fact that she did not recognize the tavern had only added to his concern.

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:35 pm
Stablehand

It was as if his words were a spell that washed over her. Everything came back to her in a rush that left her reeling. She through her arms around his neck and clung to the man who became her brother.

Oh Bran!

Its been so long.

When she released him she let him lead her to a table and she sat in one of the chairs. She clung to his hand as he took a seat near her. She smiled sadly at the man that place a bowl of broth and hunk of bread on the table near her.

She looked around at the place that was once home to her. Every corner was filled with memories. It was just like she remembered the original Blu's to be. It was a place where she found love and a family.

She gripped Bran's hand harder as the realization came that her husband was not her. Her voice took on a paniced edge when she asked him what she feared.

Bran? Where is Aidan? Please tell me he is here, he has to be.

Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:57 pm
Traveler

Bran? Where is Aidan? Please tell me he is here, he has to be.

Where was AIdan? That was the question wasn't it. Bran had spent many hours thinking about that very thing. He had spent weeks, months, even years tracking down the merest hint of his brother.

Time had proven a sweet commodity, and Aidan was either lost or dead, that was the only conclusion he could come up with. He had hoped upon seeing Renna that she would have an answer to that very question. He hoped that she would know where he had been at for the past year, year and a half.

Renna, I do not know where your husband is. I have searched for him for many years without ever catching hide or hair of him. Bran said as he took Renna's hand in his.

I had hoped that perhaps the reopening of Blu's would bring him back around, perhaps it would bring many of the Crusaders back. I don't know, all I know is that I have done all I can, maybe later I can search again for those gone so long but until then I think I shall stay here. They might find thier way home, they might.

Bran said the last barely above a whisper and a tear slowly rolled down his cheek.

Enough of this saddness! Bran said as he stood up suddenly.

This should be a celebration! You are home again Renna! Balthus, send out messages to those who remain in this land that remmebr the Crusaders. Send messages to the old Knights that there is a celebration in honor of the Lady Renna two nights from today.

We have one returned, perhaps the rest are not far behind...

Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:50 pm
Stablehand

She entered the tavern hardly able to believe her own eyes. Was it really here and who had brought it back to "life"?

Cautiously she looked inside. It had been YEARS since she had stepped foot inside this particular establishment. There were many wonderful memories held of this place and a few not so wonderful. Did she really want to go in? Who would be here, some of her old friends or was there someone new trying to revive the old place?

Hello? Anyone here? Crusaders?

There were two people further in and she could recognize the voices.....

Bran and Renna!

Well, hello strangers. It is quite a pleasant surprise to find you both here....to find Blu's even open. Do either of you know who did this?

Are any of the others coming? And is there to be wrestling?

Rotten to the CoR!

Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:33 pm
Traveler

Lilandra! Bran said as he jumped up and gave her a hug.

He had not seen here in ages! He rememebred the last itme they had all been together in Blu's; it seemed many lifetimes ago when the world had still been young.

Renna and I were just discussing the whereabouts of Aidan. As for the others, who knows where the along the meridians you may find them. I had hoped that they woudl hear of the the reopening of Father Blu's and make thier way here. It is still my hope.

As for who did all this, well, that would be me. It took me many years to learn the incantations with which I could travel through the dominions of the planes and bring Blu's here to this world, but it was well worth the effort.
Bran said as he looked around at the tavern.

Will there be wrestling? That I am not sure of but there will defiantely be drinking, and carousing, and merriment for all who should arrive. Please sit. Balthus a drink for the Lasy Lilandra.

Bran motioned to the bartender to bring some drinks then he pulled out Lilandra's chair for her and sat back down at the table with Renna and Lil.

Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:46 pm